PDA

View Full Version : Marriage -Test - questions for her ?

ginapeterb
26th October 2004, 01:11
So you are thinking of marrying a British man - what do you know about the United Kingdom and the British Culture ? Test yourself !

If you are a Filipina and are thinking of marrying a British guy, what do you actually know about his country, his culture, and his way of life, try and answer some of these questions just to test your knowledge.

Question 1.

Why is Great Britain called the United Kingdom ?

Can you name the 4 main Countries that make up the United Kingdom ?

Question 2.

Who is the National Leader of the United Kingdom ?

Does the United Kingdom have a President ? If it does who is it ?

Question 3.

When was the United Kingdom Inaugurated ?

Has there ever been a civil war in the United Kingdom ?

If so, when was it and what happened ?

What is the main religions of the United Kingdom ?

Who are the 6 wives of King Henry the eighth ?

Question 4.

What is the Capital City of the United Kingdom ?

How Many languages are spoken ?

What is the national dish of the United Kingdom ?

Question 5.

Can you find the United Kingdom on a world map ?

If so where is it ?

Questions about British men

Question 6

Is it true that British guys sleep in the bed eau Naturelle (the nude) ?

Question 7.

Do British men like children ?

Question 8.

What are their favourite foods ?

Question 9.

Is it true they drink a lot ?

Question 10.

Why do British men seek women from the Philippines ?

Questions for you !

Question 11.

Am I prepared to fly 6000 miles to a strange country and do my very best to
Adapt to a new way of life ?

Question 12.

Do I fully understand that I will be leaving family and close friends behind for a period of up to two years.

Question 13.

How do I feel about a UK Wedding and not a Philippines wedding ?

Question 14.

What do I think the role of a wife is in British culture ?

Question 15.

What do I understand to be the husbands role in British Culture.

Question 16.

Am I prepared to accept that their will be cold weather for long periods in the UK ?

Question 17.

How do I feel about a faster pace of life in the UK ?

Question 18

Do I want to have a job in the UK when I arrive ?

Question 19

What qualities would I like in a British husband ?

Question 20

Do you care if your husband has been married before ?

Answers to follow, there are no wrong or right answers on some questions but your replies may indicate a lower or higher level of score if you want to make your marriage a success. Good luck.

ginapeterb
26th October 2004, 20:58
Answers

Ok lets see how you did ? Be honest with yourselves, and see how you scored.

Question 1.

Great Britain or the British Isles as it was formerly known has been named the United Kingdom because it has a constitutional Monarchy, and a reigning Monarch, Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth the 2nd, therefore the British Isles is a Kingdom, which Unites 4 countries that were formerly separate regions.

The four main countries that make up the United Kingdom are:

England
Scotland
Wales
Northern Ireland.

5 points for correct 2 part answers.

Question 2.

The National Leader of the United Kingdom is actually its constitutional monarch, Her Majesty the Queen Elizabeth the 2nd.

The United Kingdom by its very nature is not a republic and therefore has no President, the Queen is the head of state, with a parliamentary democracy, the current party in power is the Labour party, and the Prime Minister is Right Honourable Anthony Blair QC MP.

If you girls knew all of this you get 5 points.

Question 3.

The United Kingdom was inaugurated in an act of Union in 1707 bringing together the Kingdoms of England and Wales to join with Scotland.

Yes there was a civil war in 1625, between the Forces of King Charles the 1st and the forces of Parliament led by Lord Fairfax and Oliver Cromwell, the Lord Protector of England and Wales, The Kings forces were led by Prince Rupert, who was defeated, King Charles the 1st was executed for crimes against the English people, however the Monarchy was brought back to power by the people with Charles the 2nd who had fled to Holland.

There are 2 main religions
They are:
Anglican or Protestants
Catholics

Who are the 6 wives of Henry the 8th and can you name them in order and tell us about them ?

Catherine of Aragon
Anne Boleyn
Jane Seymour
Anne of Cleaves
Catherine Howard
Catherine Parr

Wife no 1 was Catherine of Aragon was a Spanish Princess, with the desire for military alliances back in 1520 England was constantly warring with its main enemy Spain ! Catherine was divorced by Henry when she failed to give the King an heir to the throne, although she did have a daughter Princess Mary, later on Mary Queen of Scots, The King then formed the Church of England when he divorced England from the Church of Rome.

Wife no 2. Anne Boleyn was the daughter of a high ranking courtier, Sir Thomas Boleyn, the King had an affair with her, but she also failed to produce an heir, however she did produce our most powerful Queen ever, Elizabeth the 1st of England who was married to England, she was later put to death by the axe, when she fell foul of Thomas Cromwell the Kings hatchet man.

Wife no 3 was Jane Seymour “Sweet Jane” she did produce an heir who sadly died, and Jane Seymour did die later on.

Wife no 4. Anne of Cleaves, a German province, was later beheaded as a matter of convenience as she also failed to give the King the heir he so much sort.

Wife no 5 Catherine Howard, was the widow of another courtier, who didn’t last too long either.

Wife no 6 Catherine Parr, outlived the king, who died from over eating and drinking, she later re married.

If you knew that, I will award you 20 points for sheer brilliance !!!!!

Question 4

The Capital City of the United Kingdom and the seat of government is London England.

Languages spoken are English, Hindi, Urdu, Gujarati, Tamil, Greek, French, in fact there are over 200 nationalities living in the capital alone.
But English is the national language.

1 point for that.

Question 5.

The United Kingdom is a group of Islands located off the coast of Western Europe that lies between Europe and the continent of America.

1 point for that.

Question 6.

Is it true that British men sleep in the Nude ?

I don’t know every man is different, find out hahahahahahah

I will award you five points for thinking carefully about the answer to that one, it was a trick question, you cannot stereotype British guys in the same way that you cannot stereotype Philippine women, any man you start a relationship with is an individual just like you.

Question 7.

Do British men like Children ?

Yes they do, 1 point for that, most men do.

Question 8.

What are their favourite foods ?

Chicken Tikka
Chicken Korma
Beef Curry
Special Fried Rice
Barbecue Spare ribs
Prawn Crackers
Steak and Chips
Fish and Chips
Beans on Toast
Full English Breakfast

The list is endless, 5 points for listing any of these.

Question 9

Is it true they drink a lot ?

Yes they probably do 5 points for this correct answer.

Question 10.

British men seek women from the Philippines because they are

Attracted to the skin colour, jet black hair, and petite looks.
Attracted to caring, loving and understanding women.
Attracted to sexy bodies, fun loving babes, and nice smelling chics

5 points for stating the obvious.

Question 11.

If you are prepared to travel to a new country to start a new life, over 6000 miles away, and try and adapt, that is good because that is almost certainly what you will need to do, if you said yes,

5 points for that.
0 points if you said no.

Question 12.

Leaving family and friends behind will be hard, and maybe for up to 2 years, especially if you girls get pregnant.

5 points if you are happy with this.
0 points if you don’t fancy this one.

Question 13.

If you come on a Fiancée visa no doubt you will be having a UK wedding, how do you feel about this,

5 points if you are ok with either option
0 points if you cannot compromise.

Question 14.

What is your perception of the role of a wife in UK Culture.

The role of a wife is now seen as a partner in a marriage contract, and equality is there to protect both partners, generally a wife will work in support of her husband who tends to be the main provider, however this is not always so, some women are also the main provider.

5 points for understanding.
0 points for misunderstanding.

Question 15

Generally the husbands role in British Culture is to provide for his wife and family, and children, provide the home, although he needs the back up of his wife.

5 points for that.
0 points if you thought otherwise.

Question 16.

It is cold in the UK from October to March, almost 6 months, if you are not prepared to make some changes and put your ski jacket on.

5 points for adjusting
0 points for entrenching yourself.

Question 17.

Life in the UK is a lot quicker, and people tend to want things now, if you are to get used to life in UK, this might not be easy at first.

5 points if you are up for this.
0 points if you don’t like change.

Question 18.

You might want to work, or your husband may ask you to g et a job to help with expenses.

If you are flexible

5 points for this
0 points if you think you are going to spend all day watching daytime TV.

Question 19.

This is a free choice for you.

But generally qualities are

Responsible
Caring
Kind
Loving
Generous
Intelligent
God fearing
Christian Man

5 Points for having a think about it
0 points for just saying

Rich !

Question 20

Your husband may have been married before, and his marriage may have ended in divorce through no fault of his own, he may have children by a previous relationship, if he was willing to marry you with your baby and take it as his own, then you should be the same to him.

5 points if this didn’t bother you.
0 points if you expect all men to be single.

Ok how did you do ?

75 to 100 points, well done, not only did you do your research about the UK and its history, and culture, you are probably ready to board the aircraft, see you at Terminal 3 in Heathrow, enjoy your life in UK.

60-70 points, Good you have certainly thought a little about your intended life course, and you know a little about our culture, and you are flexible and compromising woman, you will do quite well.

45-60 This I about average, you will need to re think your strategy but with a little thought and research you will do ok, keep learning and making adjustments.

30-40 Points, Well you need to try to look at your future culture a little more, and learn more about the UK, good learning.

15-20 Points, hmmm I think you are not very flexible, maybe want things your own way, and this might be a disaster waiting to happen, think carefully about this and don’t make this decision lightly.

0-20 points, oh dear, I think you should take a long hard look in the mirror and see what sort of person you are.

Thanks for taking the test.

butters
4th December 2004, 20:45
I am english and i could not answer all those questions correctly, wow they are hard ,is that meny to be a joke about henry 8th wives names ,really hard

Admin
4th December 2004, 21:06
Great Britain - England, Scotland, Wales

United Kingdom - England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland

love8888
22nd July 2005, 12:13
Originally posted by butters@Dec 4 2004, 07:45 PM
I am english and i could not answer all those questions correctly, wow they are hard ,is that meny to be a joke about henry 8th wives names ,really hard

Quoted post

And even you got a perfect answer it doesn't mean your marriage will last I think the most that couple had have to be is loving, understanding, sharing.respect for each other. I'll post the 10 rules........

Hope it will help too

ginapeterb
25th July 2005, 00:20
Originally posted by love8888@Jul 22 2005, 11:13 AM
And even you got a perfect answer it doesn't mean your marriage will last I think the most that couple had have to be is loving, understanding, sharing.respect for each other. I'll post the 10 rules........
Hope it will help too

Quoted post

Love888 really ??? please dont be so serious about it, the post was originally intended as a bit of light hearted fun...hahaha, you really dont understand our sense of humour do you, thanks for your 10 point plan of successful marriage, PGMA would be proud of you..since she has 10 point plan also...hehehehe

love8888
25th July 2005, 10:48
Originally posted by ginapeterb@Jul 24 2005, 11:20 PM
Love888 really ??? please dont be so serious about it, the post was originally intended as a bit of light hearted fun...hahaha, you really dont understand our sense of humour do you, thanks for your 10 point plan of successful marriage, PGMA would be proud of you..since she has 10 point plan also...hehehehe

Quoted post

Well well so in every posted here is a bit of light hearted fun is it? in which I believe that can help so many people .ok thanks for the advice starting from now on waht I read on this furom I will think it's a fun he he he ...... :P

oh dear oh dear will anyway i am happy and enjoy this forum ;) it's lovely boyo.........