PDA

View Full Version : Wedding planner ????

Fitzy
19th February 2009, 18:49
Hi guys.

Well, as we are planning to get married at some stage, my Girl said she had a wedding planner friend to do all the work for a white wedding, complete with reception for 150 guests, rings cake gown and all my stuff.
Yes, she wants a plush one :)
I don't believe my girl wd scam me, but it all comes to little under 6000 quid!! Ouch
Of course i understand the equivalent wd be 20 k or more here, but i upset the hell out of her when i suggested we shop around a bit!
Sure, i don't trust anyone fully, but is my problem to deal with, lol
The question is, does anyone know of a bonafide planner(s) in Cagayan De Oro, as it wd be a great help please??

A great many thanks in advance.

Philip ....

mavid
19th February 2009, 19:27
Wow Phil very extravagant wedding hehehe. She shouldn't get upset. It's a wise move to shop around first.

aromulus
19th February 2009, 19:34
Hi guys.

Well, as we are planning to get married at some stage, my Girl said she had a wedding planner friend to do all the work for a white wedding, complete with reception for 150 guests, rings cake gown and all my stuff.
I don't believe my girl wd scam me, but it all comes to little under 6000 quid!! Ouch
Of course i understand the equivalent wd be 20 k or more here, but i upset the hell out of her when i suggested we shop around a bit!
The question is, does anyone know of a bonafide planner(s) in Cagayan De Oro, as it wd be a great help please??

Philip ....

My wedding... (Which is funny coincidence as it is our second anniversary today....)

With all that you mentioned and a bit more, minus the Church bit, didn't cost 500 quid.
To this I must add..
3 lechon..... 10 k pesos
Mc............... 4k pesos (mine and not the Hotel's)
Make up artist ..5k pesos (6 women worth of face gunge)
Wedding Dress And my Barong Tagalog made to measure to keep, 11k pesos.
Hire of Barong tagalog and Maids dresses 8K pesos
Bus for guests 3k pesos
Minibus for the closer relatives 1k pesos

All the rest was thrown in by the hotel with the package deal
.http://metroparkhotelcebu.com/mph-wedding..............

It looks like that they increased the price slightly, and also the exchange rate has gone pearshaped....:omg:

But as you can see it ain't nowhere near the 6000 quid you been told. :doh
I do not dispute that in certain places you probably would pay this kind of lolly, and as far as I know, even the most expensive package deal at the Waterfront Hotel in Cebu doesn't stretch that far....:NoNo:

I suggest you check it out yourself and do the googling and forget wedding planners.
You risk of getting stitched up..... By the friendly planner....:NoNo:

Good luck to you in whatever way you choose.

Fitzy
19th February 2009, 19:48
My wedding... (Which is funny coincidence as it is our second anniversary today....)

With all that you mentioned and a bit more, minus the Church bit, didn't cost 500 quid.
To this I must add..
3 lechon..... 10 k pesos
Mc............... 4k pesos (mine and not the Hotel's)
Make up artist ..5k pesos (6 women worth of face gunge)
Wedding Dress And my Barong Tagalog made to measure to keep, 11k pesos.
Hire of Barong tagalog and Maids dresses 8K pesos
Bus for guests 3k pesos
Minibus for the closer relatives 1k pesos

All the rest was thrown in by the hotel with the package deal
.http://metroparkhotelcebu.com/mph-wedding..............

It looks like that they increased the price slightly, and also the exchange rate has gone pearshaped....:omg:

But as you can see it ain't nowhere near the 6000 quid you been told. :doh
I do not dispute that in certain places you probably would pay this kind of lolly, and as far as I know, even the most expensive package deal at the Waterfront Hotel in Cebu doesn't stretch that far....:NoNo:

I suggest you check it out yourself and do the googling and forget wedding planners.
You risk of getting stitched up..... By the friendly planner....:NoNo:

Good luck to you in whatever way you choose.

Hmmmm is what i thought.
Thank u kind Sir

Fitzy
19th February 2009, 19:49
Wow Phil very extravagant wedding hehehe. She shouldn't get upset. It's a wise move to shop around first.

Yes Emy!
Thank you.
My alarm bells are ringing!!!

aromulus
19th February 2009, 19:56
Hmmmm is what i thought.
Thank u kind Sir

My delectable Cebuana asawa just told me that in Cagayan De Oro it would be cheaper than in Cebu, where we married.
I am growing increasingly worried about a "planned" fleecing.....:doh

Fitzy
19th February 2009, 20:15
My delectable Cebuana asawa just told me that in Cagayan De Oro it would be cheaper than in Cebu, where we married.
I am growing increasingly worried about a "planned" fleecing.....:doh

Hmmmm me too my friend, but guess what!! Not gona happen!!
Oh well, back to the drawing board eh!
Is so good that i have all of u here.
Thank you so much my friend, and not to forget Emy of course heheheh

mavid
19th February 2009, 20:19
Ur always welcome Phil.

Fitzy
19th February 2009, 20:22
perhaps 1 day??? who knows eh!

gemini63
19th February 2009, 20:33
Hi guys.

Philip ....

For 150 guests only??? 6000 quid is tooooooooooooo much....even posh one, it will not cost as huge as that amount. Especially in a place like cagayan de oro.

bornatbirth
20th February 2009, 00:00
maybe the wedding planner saw ur a rich guy from the west and added a few pesos?

ask ur gf for a list of the costs and where she got them from?

my wife when to a designer a few doors from the new house she moved into and was told it will cost 150,000 peso when they knew the house she was from,we got it down to 60,000 from another designer.

so it pays to shop around and find a honest wedding planner.

good luck!

wynna
20th February 2009, 00:05
Hi guys.

Philip ....

Cagayan de Oro? 6000 quid??? Nah...too expensive even when she's got an expensive taste.:cwm12:

charlwill
20th February 2009, 00:21
Hi guys.

Philip ....
£6000????? That's too much. Very expensive.

georyz
20th February 2009, 01:05
£6000 x 60 pesos = Php360,000 or 65 pesos = Php390,000 pesos TOO EXPENSIVE. we got a nice wedding in Jacks Ridge in Davao with 120 visitors and have a party also in my wife's house for other friends. If you shop around you can get a better deal as they got wedding packages. too much money to give to spend without you there. just be careful.

Fitzy
20th February 2009, 01:58
Is what i thought, a con artist. well she is already gone!!
I suppose alone is best right??
Thanks anyway.
I wont give myself so easy next time:bigcry:

georyz
20th February 2009, 02:20
well, if it is true love whatever style of wedding it is, it doesnt matter a lot, as the more important thing there is your commitment for the relationship to last forever. good luck.

scottishbride
20th February 2009, 05:16
Hi guys.

Philip ....

We are about the same for our wedding for 60 guests, in metro Manila! Remember the exchange rate is very poor just now and even at 6,000 pounds it is still a hell of a lot cheaper than it would be in the UK, for example a friend of mine married in the UK 6 months ago for 21,000 pound :doh! All good wedding coordinator's are members of PAWP! :)

empott
20th February 2009, 08:40
Is what i thought, a con artist. well she is already gone!!
I suppose alone is best right??
Thanks anyway.
I wont give myself so easy next time:bigcry:

:omg: That's so sad!

Fitzy
20th February 2009, 09:10
Well, I have been pretty strict, and to the point of rudeness with her!!
She will send me the quotation today, but I told her that the maximum will be php 200,000!!

Definetly sounds fishy to me!!

Fitzy
20th February 2009, 09:13
We are about the same for our wedding for 60 guests, in metro Manila! Remember the exchange rate is very poor just now and even at 6,000 pounds it is still a hell of a lot cheaper than it would be in the UK, for example a friend of mine married in the UK 6 months ago for 21,000 pound :doh! All good wedding coordinator's are members of PAWP! :)

That's interesting!!
Tell me more pls?
So perhaps is not a scam??
I am always so untrusting, but sometimes is best to keep ones guard up.
I think I will go buy a dog instead lol!!

Cheers...

scottishbride
20th February 2009, 09:47
That's interesting!!
Tell me more pls?
So perhaps is not a scam??
I am always so untrusting, but sometimes is best to keep ones guard up.
I think I will go buy a dog instead lol!!

Cheers...

Check this out! You can find wedding suppliers directory and wedding coordinators etc.. etc. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

http://www.weddingsatwork.com/newsitem_050706.shtml

IainBusby
20th February 2009, 09:49
She will send me the quotation today, but I told her that the maximum will be php 200,000!!

I'd say that's still far too much, espesially in CDO. P100,000 would be about right, any more than that and I'd say you were still being ripped off. At P100,000 I reckon it would still be a very lavish wedding by CDO standards.

Iain.

gm47
20th February 2009, 09:54
CDO....£6000... you're having a laugh..!!! You could feed the whole place for that !!

adam&chryss
20th February 2009, 10:33

that's more or less we spent in our wedding last year in july... with 170 guests. u can check our pics in our album.
well, i did everything.. no wedding planner/coordinator. with php 200,000 u'll have an extravagant wedding, i'm sure.

chryss

georyz
20th February 2009, 11:08
you may try to search online for wedding packages in cagayan de oro city then you will have idea as to how much is the cost then you can compare it to her list just in case you find a cheaper place then you can discuss it with her.

a sample site for u
http://www.dipolognon.com/cagayandeoro/PhilTownHotelDining.htm
for wedding planners
http://www.weddingabcs.com/index.php?sc=directory&cid=13

aromulus
20th February 2009, 11:22
Even 200k pesos sounds a bit on the stiff-ish side of reasonable expense.:Erm:

A sum like that in Cagayan De Oro would give you short of a Diana-Charlie wedding thingy... :omg:

Bit over the top really...:doh

I suppose the g/f wants something lavish and "rich" so she can hold her head high with her family, friends and neighbours boasting a "rich" Kano bana, thus making everyone else sick with jealousy and envy...:NoNo:

In the west, we don't have this kind of thinking, apart from "keeping up with the Joneses".... :D
Which is slightly different...

Get googlin' mate, and do like I did, research, research and book it yourself after copius amount of exchanged e-mails, forget the wedding planners it is an unnecessary expense.
Every half decent hotel has an MC at disposal and also the hotel own planner can do it for nothing at time of booking.....

wynna
20th February 2009, 12:19

Yep £6,000 is a lot cheaper compared to that of UK but hey we're talking of phils and cdo is not particularly the most expensive place even if it is the grand package already. You can include your visa application, fare to uk-phils-uk with that amount of money but saying that that would still be more than enough. Wedding planner? at the end of the day you still got do decide it yourself and a friend that wants to help can always be the maid of honor..:xxgrinning--00xx3:

misscarie
20th February 2009, 12:23
if he/she is a friend ... ur girlfriend can ask for a discount for ur wedding :D but a £6,000 is a big NO !!!

scottishbride
20th February 2009, 14:09
Yep £6,000 is a lot cheaper compared to that of UK but hey we're talking of phils and cdo is not particularly the most expensive place even if it is the grand package already. You can include your visa application, fare to uk-phils-uk with that amount of money but saying that that would still be more than enough. Wedding planner? at the end of the day you still got do decide it yourself and a friend that wants to help can always be the maid of honor..:xxgrinning--00xx3:

We have lived in the Philippines for the last 3 years and I guess if the exchange rate is what it was last year our wedding bill would be far less. I know that in the province it is cheaper. Anyway, it is not a grandest wedding but its one that we can look back on with a smile. :)

Piamed
20th February 2009, 14:26
Hi mate, it seems like a great sum of money. We married in the cathedral, had 300 plus sit-down guests at ours in the nicer of the 2 hotels in Surigao (6 hours up the road from CdO). We had flowers brought from Cebu including 3 arrangers, 4 videographers, 4 photographers, a pre nuptial video, a fantastic photo album, wedding rings, gowns for bride and entourage, barongs for family and groomsmen, church choir, live reception band, blah blah blah and still only spent only 200KPHP

wynna
20th February 2009, 14:37
Anyway, it is not a grandest wedding but its one that we can look back on with a smile.

Definitely! thats the point there..Have a very nice wedding that everybody would enjoy and something to look back to without having to splash loads of dosh cos every little helps!

PeterB
20th February 2009, 17:10
Our wedding, just a year ago (Feb 23) cost more than many, but not as much as £6,000, even at today's exchange rates.

The main function, with car, venue, meal, ice sculpture, butterflies, doves food and drink, give-aways, and anything else I've forgotten, was 120,000 pesos for around 140 guests.. On top of that we had the church, dresses, hotel rooms for one night, photographers/videos (over 600 photos, 3+ hours video) which probably came to the same again. Then we had a party at Ruby's parents (3 lechon baboy) for the distant family, friends and neighbours, plus an evening gathering at our house (mainly Ruby's work colleagues). I estimate that we spent 250,000 pesos all in all.

Fitzy
21st February 2009, 01:29
Our wedding, just a year ago (Feb 23) cost more than many, but not as much as £6,000, even at today's exchange rates.

The main function, with car, venue, meal, ice sculpture, butterflies, doves food and drink, give-aways, and anything else I've forgotten, was 120,000 pesos for around 140 guests.. On top of that we had the church, dresses, hotel rooms for one night, photographers/videos (over 600 photos, 3+ hours video) which probably came to the same again. Then we had a party at Ruby's parents (3 lechon baboy) for the distant family, friends and neighbours, plus an evening gathering at our house (mainly Ruby's work colleagues). I estimate that we spent 250,000 pesos all in all.

Thank you peter, we got it down to 300k but i doubt her planner, so will shop around.

Cheers.

acs
21st February 2009, 12:51
wow such a big amount...hehehe..me and my husband got married there in cdo last year in april, in fact a church wedding in one of the churches there. We search around..no wedding planner cause the church people will help you anyhow in the order of your entourage if its church wedding..and if its civil, will the more it is easier not so much hazzle. have her passby that area there in kalambagohan-tiano street..so many shops there to choose for a package wedding price. It cost ranging from 25 thou to 50thousand but not more than 100thou.You though will have spend so much if you want it to be flashy though. And usually if its done in a hotel like we have, the hotels have wedding package too...that includes cakes,doves and even the videos and give aways..and whats more the dresses there for your secondary sponsors like bride's maid. grooms men can be rented out. and well in short really, in all we just spent below a hundredthou with the rings included. Just shop around. Sometimes you pay so much for this wedding planner. They are handy though if you are staying for a short time there and dont have time to have a look around.:) happy wedding in advance!!!!:Hellooo::BouncyHappy:

nids123
21st February 2009, 17:23
hi i got married here in makati but only a civil weeding we paid to the civil for 14,000 pesos and we jsut spend 10,000 pesos for foods and drinks for the guess and my god mather and god father.and my husband let me hundle to plann for visitors for our church weeding only 50 person and the budjet includes my white gown and the abay,and for the reciptions for only 100,000 pesos. but i told my husband its ok already to me not to get married in church the most important is we r married already.dont need to spend to much just to have a good wedding and most of all is u love each other better save the money for the future.

somebody
21st February 2009, 20:50
Personally Employ some aunts or close friends. Pay them and as we did employ family and friends. They needed the work and kept the money in the family.

My Aunts and uncles worked so dam hard during the wedding but they paid all their childrens school fees etc. Everything went to plan. Photographers we had a professional but the pictures by my Wifes little bro were just as good if not better.

I dont think apart from the resort workers anyone was a stanger to us.

As well as having a great Wedding if planned properly you can help out those around you

flomike
22nd February 2009, 01:10
Hi guys.

Philip ....

Ouch 6000 quid:bigcry:

its me who plan our wedding, its just a very simple civil wedding that took place in our house with a judge, witnesses, my family and friends. We had our civil wedding first b4 the proper reception in Max's restaurant a week after. What we have in the civil wedding at the house is SHAKEY'S pizza:D that cost us 5000 pesos for the 30 PCS of BIG PLATTER menu including the drinks PEPSI:icon_lol: Then we had our proper reception in Max's restaurant for 50 people (all inlcusive, the food, cake, giveaways, the venue, the flowers, decoration colours of your choice, dove etc) back in 2003 my husband cost him all of that for £500:D inlcudling our clothes and the photographer and our wedding photo album.

I think even you want a very nice wedding it wont cost 6000 quid IMO. I know many people wants a memorable wedding but nothing beats a simple wedding...its not the cost the important its the event itselfs how simple it is as long your family and friends are there that's the most important thing for me and of course seeing my husband in tears when he said I DO that's melts my heart to bits....5 years on we're still happy as ever and we love each other so much:BouncyHappy:

PeterB
22nd February 2009, 15:09
.... in all we just spent below a hundredthou with the rings included.

Ah, I didn't include the cost of the rings - we spent nearly that much on rings when we went to Manila for the CNI!

Fitzy
22nd February 2009, 20:22
What can I say??
A big thank you to all of you.
The last few days have been very stressful!!
I need to watch my mouth, and not directly accuse her!
The moment that she told her I was English, then the cash cow scenario engaged:Erm:
Is my opinion, but I told her NO!! and now I will use all your kind tips, and weblinks posted here.
Hmmm!! keeping it in the family sounds like quite a good option, as we already have the list of things needed, and what to do.

Thank you again folks!!

Tawi2
17th April 2009, 17:51
Fitzy,if your serious I can put you in touch with a pinay wedding planner in Manila,she is originally from Mindanao though,studied at ataneo in Davao,she will put you a package together a darned sight cheaper than 6k sterling :omg: I actually met a guy in Cebu last year,he had a great wedding package for 200,000 pesos :xxgrinning--00xx3:

aromulus
17th April 2009, 20:11
actually met a guy in Cebu last year,he had a great wedding package for 200,000 pesos :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:
He needs sectioning under the mental health act....:doh

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Tawi2
17th April 2009, 20:17
It was a fantastic event going by the pics,strange thing about that guy,his wife TXT me on my smart roaming phone last december,they married,he came back to UK ostensibly to organise paperwork,she has hardly heard from him since,strange state of affairs :Erm:
As for the cost of the wedding 200k pesos is nothing compared to making a woman feel happy,its a once in a lifetime event,what price happiness :xxgrinning--00xx3:I want to get married in Sri Lanka on one of those painted elephants,trouble is no one will have me :icon_lol:

ANDRES25
17th April 2009, 21:00
200k pesos is reasonable enough for a wedding... more than that is crazy and not practical.

Tawi2
17th April 2009, 21:52
I met an ABS-CBN cameraman doing a beauty-queen feature with 20 young ladies at Mergrande resort near Toril two weeks ago,he told me her normally charges 35k pesos for a wedding DVD and Photograph album,the costs soon mount up :xxgrinning--00xx3:

trader dave
17th April 2009, 23:11
my friend :ARsurrender:i am getting married in cagayan on 8 th june at the marco resort my fiancee has planned it all she could basicly have what she wants ok there are only 50 guests she has no family:icon_lol: it is costing 50.000 php :NoNo:
17000 is our week in the resort as well , and she still worrys it is costing to much :BouncyHappy: i think i would have a serious look at what you are getting for 6 grand:doh