PDA

View Full Version : Comparing your qualifications

ANDRES25
17th February 2009, 20:39
I'm just wondering, has anyone used UK Naric http://www.naric.org.uk/index.asp?page=15 to compare your qualifications in the Philippines to UK standards?

Can someone pls. share your thoughts and experience on this? I am a BSE ENGLISH graduate here in Phils and a Licensed Teacher but I really don't think I am qualified to teach in the UK so I really want to know what steps should I do for me to land a teaching job in the UK.

acs
17th February 2009, 20:57
im also a teacher in the Philippines before coming here up until now i havent have a job yet :NoNo::doh:bigcry: im also interested what others have experienced on this...

macaco
18th February 2009, 13:04
Hi Andres,

My girlfriend got her qualifications converted in British degree. She is a CPA in Phil and just got in contact with Naric, paid the fee and 15 days later she gets the paper works.

NARIC got list of schools of the Philippines and since my girlfriend graduated in University of the Philippines, they said it can be converted. It is not the same as she could practise as accountant here but every time a company asks for her CV, she attached it and so they could compare her for the rest of their candidates. It's a great help.

Alan
18th February 2009, 14:12
I am really sorry to say this but, as an ex head teacher in the UK, I can tell you that a degree from the Philippines would not be acceptable for a teaching job in the uk.

The minimum requirement in the UK is now a B.Ed. degree, or other degree plus a P.G.C.E. from a British or European university or college.

There are, of course, ways around these requirements, however, to explain them would be long and complicated and frankly, not worth the trouble involved.

Al.:)

P.S. There IS a possibility that you may be accepted into a private, rather than a state school. However, jobs at these schools are much sought after due to the low number of pupils you have in a class.

Gavanddal
18th February 2009, 15:46
Yes, my wife was a qualified elementary teacher in the Philippines but NARIC told her that her degree was only equivalent to a foundation degree or a BTEC in the UK.
She doesn't want to teach in the UK anyway, the kids are too tall :icon_lol:

vbkelly
18th February 2009, 16:46
im also a teacher in PI but no fancy to teach here in uk

asiansmiler
18th February 2009, 18:14
I got my qualification converted by the NARIC and my 5-year course was only equivalent to a first year degree course, that's why I was trying to get a college degree in the UK which resulted to a refusal of my visa in July last year.

Piamed
18th February 2009, 20:09
Yes, my wife was a qualified elementary teacher in the Philippines but NARIC told her that her degree was only equivalent to a foundation degree or a BTEC in the UK.
She doesn't want to teach in the UK anyway, the kids are too tall :icon_lol:

Haha!

ANDRES25
19th February 2009, 00:01
Thanks everyone for sharing your thoughts... I really appreciate it.

keithAngel
19th February 2009, 01:11
I'm just wondering, has anyone used UK Naric http://www.naric.org.uk/index.asp?page=15 to compare your qualifications in the Philippines to UK standards?

Can someone pls. share your thoughts and experience on this? I am a BSE ENGLISH graduate here in Phils and a Licensed Teacher but I really don't think I am qualified to teach in the UK so I really want to know what steps should I do for me to land a teaching job in the UK.

Your self assessment is correct.

Your last sentence should be "what steps should I take?":rolleyes:

joebloggs
19th February 2009, 07:34

Your last sentence should be "what steps should I take?":rolleyes:

:doh :D

but what's that in tagalog Keith :Erm: :icon_lol:

Pepe n Pilar
19th February 2009, 09:29

Your last sentence should be "what steps should I take?"

kaya dapat (It is a MUST) you should know yourself. Learn where you're good at and once you know what you're good at, focus on it and then with passion, you will sure get the job you want.

Some are good in computers, some in languages, some in sales...Now, if you know that you are good in computers, why focus on being a plumber? Of course whatever passion you have if you are not cut to be a plumber, you will never get it.

Tagalog version of "What steps should i take" = Anong mga paraan dapat kung gawin?