PDA

View Full Version : Mini Job Losses

KeithD
16th February 2009, 14:04
:Erm: Why are these 850 getting so hot up? They are all agency workers, did they not read the contract? They agreed to it when taking on the work, and it would state the work can stop at any point without notice, same as with any agency job.....that is how agencies have always worked. :doh

bornatbirth
16th February 2009, 16:14
some one told them a jobs for life or was it british jobs for british worker but there making foreign cars for a foreign company when well they sell less cars they have no job :doh

i think its the YOU CANT DO THAT TO US bull the british are good at like im glad i left the country just in time,blaming the EU and the PC even heatlh and safety for all the problems we have in the world :icon_lol:

benb
16th February 2009, 16:38
:Erm: Why are these 850 getting so hot up? They are all agency workers, did they not read the contract? They agreed to it when taking on the work, and it would state the work can stop at any point without notice, same as with any agency job.....that is how agencies have always worked. :doh

It boils down to Greed!! and taken on too much financial risks like loans etc. Contractors should save more for rainy days.:NoNo:

IainBusby
16th February 2009, 16:46
some one told them a jobs for life or was it british jobs for british workers but there making foreign cars for a foreign company when well they sell less cars they have no job :doh

i think its the YOU CANT DO THAT TO US bull the british are good at like im glad i left the country just in time,blaming the EU and the PC even heatlh and safety for all the problems we have in the world :icon_lol:

The two workers that BBC News interviewed this morning as they were leaving the Cowley plant were definately not British. They sounded Polish to me.
Iain.

KeithD
16th February 2009, 19:28
The BBC like to show a group of 3 or more peope as a riot! :rolleyes:

Gavanddal
17th February 2009, 11:41
If the mini was still a small, cheap, affordable car for the working masses then they'll still be selling them.
Now they're noncy "designer" accessories only owned by bankers and hairdressers no-one wants them.
What do they cost now? 14 grand? crazy! you can buy a VW people carrier for £12K

walesrob
17th February 2009, 11:53
If the mini was still a small, cheap, affordable car for the working masses then they'll still be selling them.
Now they're noncy "designer" accessories only owned by bankers and hairdressers no-one wants them.
What do they cost now? 14 grand? crazy! you can buy a VW people carrier for £12K

Quite right! I was looking at a Peugeot 107 last week - very mini-like in appearance and much cheaper - only 7grand, with Group 1 insurance and £35 a year tax.