PDA

View Full Version : Banned love

tiger@tigress
16th February 2009, 09:16
A retired woman who married a Turkish waiter is distraught the HO will not allow him into the country. The HO refused his entry into the UK despite several visa applications. Mrs. has returned to Turkey many times to see her husband, but despite a number of appeals to the HO including immigration tirbunal in January 2008 she has no success.

She said we even told the judge who said he believe this was an "honest marriage" we had a job lined if he did come and live here. They think he is just going to sponge off the state but he is not. He wants to work and he wants to come to this country to be a proper husband but they wont even allow him to come and visit me she said. I am a sole carer of my 22 Y/O profoundly autistic daughter which has made it difficult to go and visit him as she needs round the clock care.

A UK Boarder Agency spokesman said they did not comment on individual cases but were determined to protect the UK's immigrations system and marriage laws from abuse. To qualify to come to UK on a basis of marriage is subsisting and that they intend to live permanently with thier spouse. The applicants who needs to show that they will be able to maintain and accomodate themselves and any dependents in the UK without relying of public funds.

Where a persom has been refused visa on the basis of marriage to a British citizen there is a full right of appeal against the decision to an independent court.

empott
16th February 2009, 09:24
Scary! :NoNo:

darren-b
16th February 2009, 11:00
There is a little bit more to this story...

"Mr Ekiz was previously married to an English woman, and when the marriage ended in divorce, his visa ran-out.

He did not return to Turkey in time and chose to continue working in the UK.

He eventually chose to leave Britain and re-applied for a visa from Turkey once he married Kathleen. "

IainBusby
16th February 2009, 16:25
There is a little bit more to this story...

"Mr Ekiz was previously married to an English woman, and when the marriage ended in divorce, his visa ran-out.

He did not return to Turkey in time and chose to continue working in the UK.

He eventually chose to leave Britain and re-applied for a visa from Turkey once he married Kathleen. "

He's probably been barred for a period of years then for overstaying.

joebloggs
16th February 2009, 23:39
what's the reason for the refusal..

marriage of convenience ??

he's done more than overstaying i think to get refused so many times and also refused by a tribunal
:Erm:

darren-b
16th February 2009, 23:48
what's the reason for the refusal..

marriage of convenience ??

he's done more than overstaying i think to get refused so many times and also refused by a tribunal
:Erm:

It would be interesting to hear the full facts... Maybe even his previous marriage was in similar circumstances and he left her as soon as he got to the UK.

Mrs.JMajor
17th February 2009, 01:44
It would be interesting to hear the full facts... Maybe even his previous marriage was in similar circumstances and he left her as soon as he got to the UK.

you're right,i even send the link to hubby,asking where is the story came from , so....meaning being a couple they cant live together ever ? :yikes::NoNo:

joebloggs
17th February 2009, 02:03
you're right,i even send the link to hubby,asking where is the story came from , so....meaning being a couple they cant live together ever ? :yikes::NoNo:

yes they can, she can go and live in turkey, or another country..

this guy has taken the :censored:, thats why he's being refused again and again, even by a tribunal, why should people like that be allowed here,while everyone on here goes by immigration rules and laws, pay and have to wonder if they will get their visa, while others who bend and break the rules get to stay here... rant over :D

darren-b
17th February 2009, 08:18

I've seen the online newspaper article (it was easy to google), but it is only the couple telling their side of the story as the UKBA refuse to comment on any cases.