PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Broadband

telford
14th February 2009, 14:27
What is the best mobile broadband in UK? Can anyone recommend any,please........

KeithD
14th February 2009, 15:19
Depends on if you're using a phone, PDA or laptop.

telford
14th February 2009, 16:45
Depends on if you're using a phone, PDA or laptop.

Iphone,laptop and Xbox

joebloggs
14th February 2009, 17:00
me thinks o2 is very good..

thou i don't use it myself.. :doh

somebody
14th February 2009, 17:03
Not sure of best service for PAYG. Im lucky the company pick up the bill which i think i would cry if i actually saw each month:D

But my compnay uses vodafone which is not bad a as service, the biggest problem is due to at times having a signal but not enough spare channels to actually transmit or recieve data. You can make calls send texts but the internet no good as needs far more channels which every one eslse wants.

I know on many devices if you update the firmware to the latest you can get far better connection and HSPDA connection and signal is strong so if it was 3g you may suddenly get 3g+ etc. The difference is huge so worth checking.

The device and provider are both very important it seems from mine and others experience.

Whats the various phone companies signals like in your area?

As I replied in a question Cheesewhiz asked are you in an area where many people use 3g phones or modems? Loads of business people or students who will often use similar devices.

Trust me better to spend a bit more a month/per dowload and have a signal and enough spare chnnels avaiable as have heard and seen many poor souls left with a service they cant use.
Also check what ports and service they allow or block some if unlimited may block messagner or skype:NoNo:

Many companies have used 3g dongles such as the E220 for several years now has have mine and either upgraded or somehow an employye has one and they end up on Ebay:rolleyes:

Personally again its better to have one which you ave a usb lead rather than a conector which straight from body of 3g device onto pc. As can move around if signal not so good.

These you can upgrade as I have and either unlock or if lucky are unlocked already. Ours are off to Phill soon.

reginacarlson
14th February 2009, 17:32
Just stay away from 3 network, I've tried their mobile broadband (dongle) and it's rubbish!

I've heard O2 and Virgin Media are okay.

alicat
14th February 2009, 17:47
im using 3 network at the moment..i dont encounter any problem yet.

telford
14th February 2009, 21:54
Thanks for all your reply mates...cheersss...:)

telford
22nd February 2009, 23:33
Hello mates, i am using T-mobile now and believe me,i am not happy at all. they promise to give us unlimited uses,but, at first they block most of the site, including you tube,friendster,this site and many more.so we went back to the store to complain.so they unblocked it.but, now i cant use video chatting anymore, coz they also blocked me evrytime i use camera :cwm23:
do u think i can use the T-mobile dongle in other network? coz i am planning to change to a better network,even if its not unlimited.

telford
22nd February 2009, 23:33
Hello mates, i am using T-mobile now and believe me,i am not happy at all. they promise to give us unlimited uses,but, at first they block most of the site, including you tube,friendster,this site and many more.so we went back to the store to complain.so they unblocked it.but, now i cant use video chatting anymore, coz they also blocked me evrytime i use camera :cwm23:
do u think i can use the T-mobile dongle in other network? coz i am planning to change to a better network,even if its not unlimited.