PDA

View Full Version : proposed new visa fees

joebloggs
13th February 2009, 22:24
yes it's getting near April Fools day again :xxparty-smiley-050: and it looks like it might be when the proposed increases in visa fees will happen and not only increases, but also a fee for things that were free b4.

but its getting a bit late to start in april so could it be nov ? or :Erm:

settlement up from £515 to £585 - £70 increase :NoNo:

ILR up from £750 to £820 - £70 again :NoNo:

:doh

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/news/charges200910wms.pdf?view=Binary

Ady
14th February 2009, 00:22
Craziness. A 13.5% price rise in Visa applications - and the waiting times have increased as applications are moved to a central hub (amongst other reasons).

darren-b
14th February 2009, 07:03

It's actually earlier than in previous years where they haven't announced the proposed visa fees until early March which then have taken effect in April.

Craziness. A 13.5% price rise in Visa applications - and the waiting times have increased as applications are moved to a central hub (amongst other reasons).

Be grateful they are only going up by 13.5%. Back in April 2007 there was some really crazy increases - for example naturalisation went up by 187.5%!

faithgareth
14th February 2009, 09:40
Is the visa fees increase for sure now? And when it is going to start as we need to know before we submit our application. thanks

darren-b
14th February 2009, 10:15
Is the visa fees increase for sure now? And when it is going to start as we need to know before we submit our application. thanks

They are only proposed at the moment. You need to keep an eye on the UKBA website as they will update the forms when they change the fees.

When are you due to apply for a visa? If you can apply before the end of March you would be certain of not paying the increased prices.

somebody
14th February 2009, 10:41
yes it's getting near April Fools day again :xxparty-smiley-050: and it looks like it might be when the proposed increases in visa fees will happen and not only increases, but also a fee for things that were free b4.

settlement up from £515 to £585 - £70 increase :NoNo:

ILR up from £750 to £820 - £70 again :NoNo:

:doh

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/news/charges200910wms.pdf?view=Binary

But Surely Joe you want everyone in the UKvisas department to have a rise and of course in sure there Final salary pension is safe? Plus the UK visas offices im sure needs an expensive refit, need some more concept rooms and departments which no one knows what they are for or what they do. Plus to increase the amount of time they spend training rather than doing something productive?
Plus we may need some more quangos these measures as a package will help the British ecomony of course:rolleyes:

aromulus
14th February 2009, 10:49
My personal input on this thread would be superfluous and would only result in winding Joe up....:D

So I will beat a hasty retreat......:Hellooo:

mavid
14th February 2009, 11:40
Oh No! (mavid rushes to sort everything before visa fee rises!)

KeithD
14th February 2009, 11:54
Is this extra tax to help pay for our Prince's racism education? :Erm:

joebloggs
14th February 2009, 16:10
[SIZE=4]So I will beat a hasty retreat......:Hellooo:

just like a typical Italian :D

:xxparty-smiley-004:

who knows what's around the corner Dom.. :Erm:

i'm applying for the misses citizenship next month, soon as she has been 3yrs in her job, so her bosses can be referees, and its the end of the road for the gov making money out of me :xxgrinning--00xx3:

somebody
14th February 2009, 18:32
just like a typical Italian :D

:xxparty-smiley-004:

who knows what's around the corner Dom.. :Erm:

i'm applying for the misses citizenship next month, soon as she has been 3yrs in her job, so her bosses can be referees, and its the end of the road for the gov making money out of me :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I think the tax man, BBC, your local councill and others will have a good go:D

Jay&Zobel
17th February 2009, 21:12
This isn't a real thing yet right? Please say it is just a proposal... huhuhu...

darren-b
17th February 2009, 21:34
This isn't a real thing yet right? Please say it is just a proposal... huhuhu...

No not yet. They are likely to change on the 1st April. So long as you apply before then you will pay the current fees.

Jay&Zobel
17th February 2009, 21:46

No not yet. They are likely to change on the 1st April. So long as you apply before then you will pay the current fees.

Thanks Darren, ill be sending my ILR application this week... Hehe (just making sure... :D)