PDA

View Full Version : Fault and offence

pennybarry
7th February 2009, 11:02
Last night, I was at my friend house. After having a good meal and chat, I rang my husband to pick me up. We were on our way back home but I forgot my jacket left at my friend's kitchen. Since we were still inside the village, my hubby just pull out back his car. I have noticed the 2 young policemen inside police car moving towards us and stopped and said (with sarcastic face): Do you know that you're in the junction and you're doing dangerous driving? My hubby said, this is not junction yet, we're still inside the village. The junction is over there. Do you know the rules?

That was the start of their arguement. Policemen said stop swearing and stop doing bad attitude. You must show respect or else we'll bring you to the police station. Get in into the car for a breathalizing test.

My mood turned bad and I shouted them:
My husband is not swearing, and you are the policemen, you must be the model, and will you please talk in a nice way? You are also doing bad attitude against my husband. Respect can be earned. We pull out the car back because I forgot something from my friend house which is just few yards away.Are you harrasing my husband? :cwm23:But they just kept silent and ignored me.

They talked inside the police car and I choose to walk and get my jacket. When I came back, they were almost finished. I asked my hubby if he got any points in his license and thanks nothing.

When we reached home, my hubby was laughing and said I have my little jailbird wife.
I said I just feel disgusted the way they treat and upproach us. They are very similar with some filipino policemen. Because they are police, they want to be respected.

That was my first bad experience with policemen. :Brick:

KeithD
7th February 2009, 11:10
Two policemen in a remote village, minor offence.....while major crime is going on in the cities :doh

I see plenty of police driving around the countryside....why? :Erm: Who knows.....maybe the cows are planning an attack on a local pig farm! :yikes:

kimmi
7th February 2009, 12:04
soory to hear about it, Ate Penny..

the good thing is ur hubby haven't got any points in his license..:)

somebody
7th February 2009, 12:25
Put any human being in a uniform and give them power and they will change some for the better and many for the worse.

Geraldine
7th February 2009, 12:37
Hi Penny!

Cheers to that! Good you just didnt keep quiet, even if they are the police doenst mean they are always right. I was driving yesterday morning to work and a police car was behind me, was driving slow bec of heavy snow but when I stopped at the roundabout he almost hit me...I saw him skid towards my car then went sideways. Well that wasnt my fault..anyway we carried on driving after that lol.

But my advice to you, get your own car next time so you wont rely on your husband :P

joebloggs
7th February 2009, 12:45
reminds me of a time, when i was with my stepfather, he just turned left at a junction which was just after a blind corner, and all of a sudden there was a police van right behind us which came around the corner, obviously travelling too fast and it didn't have any blue lights flashing.

they then turned the blue lights on, so my step father stopped, and he got out, i could see in the rear mirror he was talking to one of them, obviously telling the cop it was their fault as they were travelling too fast around the corner, then i looked in the mirror again and he was now surround by 3 of them, i then got out to see what was going on, then being told by one of them, to get back in the car, i told him, no, i wanted to know what was going on, this went on for a few mins, where they threatened to arrest me :icon_lol:, yes for what ?. anyway a minute later they let him go, with a 'warning' :icon_lol:, some cops are :action-smiley-081:, and i spent 2yrs training to be a cop when i left school :NoNo:, how stupid i was in those days :Rasp:

KeithD
7th February 2009, 12:54
....how stupid i was in those days ....
Erm....what makes you think you are different today? :Erm: :Hellooo:

joebloggs
7th February 2009, 13:09
Erm....what makes you think you are different today? :Erm: :Hellooo:

i should have said young and stupid :doh

some of the things i had seen in those 2yrs put me off, racist,sexist cops, not just your plods but the ones who are high up :NoNo:

one time we were sat in a class room, and 2 cops came in carrying a bag, one of them bent down behind a desk, and quickly stood up carrying a shot gun and said "i could blow you all away now if i want to" pointing the gun around the class room at us all, i take it was mean't as a joke, but most people ducked under their desks ! and there was a few screams, not from me thou, before you ask :D

somebody
7th February 2009, 13:46
i should have said young and stupid :doh

some of the things i had seen in those 2yrs put me off, racist,sexist cops, not just your plods but the ones who are high up :NoNo:

one time we were sat in a class room, and 2 cops came in carrying a bag, one of them bent down behind a desk, and quickly stood up carrying a shot gun and said "i could blow you all away now if i want to" pointing the gun around the class room at us all, i take it was mean't as a joke, but most people ducked under their desks ! and there was a few screams, not from me thou, before you ask :D

Can think of many occasions where I have overheard the police saying things when they dont think they are being overheard by any civilians:NoNo:
Seen many occasions at football where id tags are taken off and basically up for a fight.
Many football fans joke you have three firms at any football match to avoid and ones in a uniform are the worse.

I know of honest as the day is long friends with their entire families who have been stopped at football matchs and serached under anti terriost laws.

Pennyblack be careful what you say and do, if you upset even one of the old bill you as a person who is living in a address, have a job and unlikely to abscond is a dream for the old bill. Your give them the chance on a cold night to go back to the station either to fill in paperwork or take you and/or the hubby back:NoNo:
Dont think you broken a law well be careful many other people have thought the same. Most likely your get a caution so some paperwork no days out at court ongoing paperwork for the police.

PS i dont speak from personal experience just what i have seen happen to others.

Yes i have met and seen many good police but sadly way to many bad apples.

Mrs.JMajor
7th February 2009, 14:01
applause:appl: for a brave one friendship lol :action-smiley-081:

pennybarry
7th February 2009, 14:48
Hi Penny!

Cheers to that! Good you just didnt keep quiet, even if they are the police doenst mean they are always right. I was driving yesterday morning to work and a police car was behind me, was driving slow bec of heavy snow but when I stopped at the roundabout he almost hit me...I saw him skid towards my car then went sideways. Well that wasnt my fault..anyway we carried on driving after that lol.

But my advice to you, get your own car next time so you wont rely on your husband :P

I have my own car and still can't able to drive yet:doh, I cannot shut up my mouth if I have seen them shouting my hubby. :cwm23: they must know how to use good approach isn't it. Hubby was a tank driver in the army for 7 years, 17 years London bus driver and 6 years HGV class 1 driving. He really loves driving :D

Can think of many occasions where I have overheard the police saying things when they dont think they are being overheard by any civilians:NoNo:
Seen many occasions at football where id tags are taken off and basically up for a fight.
Many football fans joke you have three firms at any football match to avoid and ones in a uniform are the worse.

I know of honest as the day is long friends with their entire families who have been stopped at football matchs and serached under anti terriost laws.

Pennyblack be careful what you say and do, if you upset even one of the old bill you as a person who is living in a address, have a job and unlikely to abscond is a dream for the old bill. Your give them the chance on a cold night to go back to the station either to fill in paperwork or take you and/or the hubby back:NoNo:
Dont think you broken a law well be careful many other people have thought the same. Most likely your get a caution so some paperwork no days out at court ongoing paperwork for the police.

PS i dont speak from personal experience just what i have seen happen to others.

Yes i have met and seen many good police but sadly way to many bad apples.
I am not pennyblack. Is that me?:Brick:

applause:appl: for a brave one friendship lol :action-smiley-081:

Yep! That's why hubby said, I'll put in jail first b4 him. :D :omg:

Eljohno
8th February 2009, 00:20
Why would they say to stop swearing if that was not the case.

Why argue with Policemen its a stupid thing to do as they will always win in the end...

Jay&Zobel
8th February 2009, 00:29
My mood turned bad and I shouted them:
My husband is not swearing, and you are the policemen, you must be the model, and will you please talk in a nice way? You are also doing bad attitude against my husband. Respect can be earned. We pull out the car back because I forgot something from my friend house which is just few yards away.Are you harrasing my husband? :cwm23:But they just kept silent and ignored me.

When we reached home, my hubby was laughing and said I have my little jailbird wife.
That was my first bad experience with policemen. :Brick:

whooohooo!!!! lol warfreak!! lol congratulations hahaha kala nila maisahan nila Pinay!!! hahahaha... :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Well done Penny!!!

scott&ligaya
8th February 2009, 00:43
Not always, coming back from a round table meetiing a couple ofyears back in Hong Kong with three very merry passengers and me as nominated driver stone cold sober. I was pulled over by a traffic unit for apparently speeding(spot fine in HK) I told them that I absolutely was not, they insisted I was until one of my passengers introduced himself to the young officers as their regional boss and invited them to look at HIS car's "Little balck box" which recorded all of his driving!!!! Poor guys did not know where to look, and even dumber for not knowing their bosses registration. Unlucky for them that my car was in garagenat the time.::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

adam&chryss
8th February 2009, 10:00
Why would they say to stop swearing if that was not the case.

Why argue with Policemen its a stupid thing to do as they will always win in the end...

I agree. Just do as they say and get on with your life. If you`d just say ok sorry then thats it and no one is angry or stressed.
Respect works both ways doesn`t it and argueing with them doesn`t help.
Bear that in mind for the future.

pennybarry
8th February 2009, 10:33
I agree. Just do as they say and get on with your life. If you`d just say ok sorry then thats it and no one is angry or stressed.
Respect works both ways doesn`t it and argueing with them doesn`t help.
Bear that in mind for the future.

You mean policemen always right? you have to say YES and SORRY to them? I don't think so. We were not really in a junction as hubby says. That's why they argued. Sometimes policemen agreed they're wrong too. Their just seeking fault and offence:doh Even Mr. Gordon and Cameron apologized on T.V. if they were wrong. But I agree British are good citizens in their own country, they always obeys rules inspite of moaning about the law and rules, they still obey the government.

I heard Mom, Dad and hubby talking about privatization of post office, trains etc. which was done by Tatcher gov't. They said most people didn't like it and I asked them why people didn't resists and made actions during that time?:doh:ARsurrender:

pennybarry
8th February 2009, 11:35
whooohooo!!!! lol warfreak!! lol congratulations hahaha kala nila maisahan nila Pinay!!! hahahaha... :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Well done Penny!!!

Thanks JandZ:D
I am not a war freak and I hate war, arguments ang fights. Just a bit fighter ehhh:D Just that I don't want to see people holding power and abuse it. I will surely express what I feel, explain my side rather than saying sorry and moan back.

KeithD
8th February 2009, 11:41
You mean policemen always right? you have to say YES and SORRY to them? I don't think so. We were not really in a junction as hubby says. That's why they argued. Sometimes policemen agreed they're wrong too.
That is when technologu play a part, take multiple pictures with your camera, and a recording.

adam&chryss
8th February 2009, 11:53
You mean policemen always right? you have to say YES and SORRY to them? I don't think so. We were not really in a junction as hubby says. That's why they argued. Sometimes policemen agreed they're wrong too. Their just seeking fault and offence:doh Even Mr. Gordon and Cameron apologized on T.V. if they were wrong. But I agree British are good citizens in their own country, they always obeys rules inspite of moaning about the law and rules, they still obey the government.

I heard Mom, Dad and hubby talking about privatization of post office, trains etc. which was done by Tatcher gov't. They said most people didn't like it and I asked them why people didn't resists and made actions during that time?:doh:ARsurrender:

It`s ok you carry on argueing with them and getting stressed, i`ll just agree and stay calm and happy :BouncyHappy:
Thatcher did lots of things and the majority of the country voted her in, though i`m not sure many scots did.

pennybarry
8th February 2009, 12:20
That is when technologu play a part, take multiple pictures with your camera, and a recording.

My mobile was inside my jacket left at friends house that time.

I remember when we were at Pitlochry for a 3 days holiday, I got my video with me. I have noticed that the road is too narrow and there's no white line in the middle. Then suddenly, there was a car coming infront and hit our right side mirror and was broken into pieces. We turned back and chased the driver to stop but he didn't. I have noticed his side mirror too was partly damaged. I took video, photos, and got his plate number. Then we rang police and we discovered that the car is owned by local resident. I showed them my photos and videos taken. Police made report for us to claim insurance payment. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

It`s ok you carry on argueing with them and getting stressed, i`ll just agree and stay calm and happy :BouncyHappy:
Thatcher did lots of things and the majority of the country voted her in, though i`m not sure many scots did.

I am happy expressing what I feel and give explanations than hide it.
:BouncyHappy:

somebody
8th February 2009, 13:03

Seen people do that and then the police confiscate the camera on some trumped up charge:NoNo:

somebody
8th February 2009, 13:10

Anyone can say sorry its wheter you mean it Brown and cameron just want your vote they tell you the sky is pink if they think they get more votes or out of a hole.

Still a risky thing to do, make sure you keep a clear mind and know when to back down as i said before you can end up in the back of a meat wagon on a trumped up charge. Touch or swear at a police officer and they can nick you etc. They can use reasonable force, and of course you could of been resisting arrest....

I overheard a convo between two senior desk bound police officers recently the jist of was "Its not like the old days now we have to fill in paperwork and check they ok in the old days we just whacked em and locked em up for a while."

KeithD
8th February 2009, 15:42
Seen people do that and then the police confiscate the camera on some trumped up charge:NoNo:
Unless it is a weapon, they can't take it off you by force. All you need to tell them is they can have it back at the station via your solicitor no problemo....then they won't get it. :) .....if they try to take it, you can have them for assault.....it's on camera :icon_lol:

adam&chryss
8th February 2009, 16:28
Anyone can say sorry its wheter you mean it Brown and cameron just want your vote they tell you the sky is pink if they think they get more votes or out of a hole.

Still a risky thing to do, make sure you keep a clear mind and know when to back down as i said before you can end up in the back of a meat wagon on a trumped up charge. Touch or swear at a police officer and they can nick you etc. They can use reasonable force, and of course you could of been resisting arrest....

I overheard a convo between two senior desk bound police officers recently the jist of was "Its not like the old days now we have to fill in paperwork and check they ok in the old days we just whacked em and locked em up for a while."

My point exactly :Brick:
Having been the owner of a lovely red and black Yamaha R1 a few years ago i`m used to the police. Getting my point across sometimes didnt result in any shouting as I know it doesn`t help. Anyway like I said, i`m relaxed so thats fine.:BouncyHappy::cwm12:

somebody
8th February 2009, 17:26
Unless it is a weapon, they can't take it off you by force. All you need to tell them is they can have it back at the station via your solicitor no problemo....then they won't get it. :) .....if they try to take it, you can have them for assault.....it's on camera :icon_lol:

Mean while in the real world:D

Seriously I have seen people in a couple of situations have cameras taken off them due to "security issues" Doesn't matter about the law you were resisting arrest. Oh dear your camera was damaged it managed to erase itself /the film fell out.

Knowing your rights and what happens is a tad different.

http://www.bjp-online.com/public/showPage.html?page=836675

nigel
8th February 2009, 21:52
In Britain there is a bizarre creature with an asshole on it's back..:Erm: It's a Police horse!:yikes:

In the Devon countryside there is a man drinking from a pond with his hand. A farmer shouts "Dunn driink thart! That there's got cuws craap innit!" The man replies "I'm a policeman from London, I'm afraid I don't understand your accent!?" The farmer says "Oh! I was just saying, use both hands, you'll get more!":xxsmilie_auslachen: