PDA

View Full Version : Multiple 2 yr. visa+ tourist

blessedlady89
7th February 2009, 00:54
I just want to ask , Can i stay for 2yrs. in the UK having a multiple visa, or do i ha ve to exit before I reached 6 months and come back again??

Any thoughts

Thankyou

Mrs.JMajor
7th February 2009, 01:11
as long as your visa didn't expired yet,you can stay,if your visa is 2 years,then you can stay until 2 years,if your visa is 6 months obviously you need to exit b4 visa expired

welcome blessed

gemini63
7th February 2009, 01:24
as long as your visa didnt expired yet,you can stay,if your visa is 2 years,then you can stay until 2 years,if your visa is 6 months obviously you need to exit b4 visa expired

welcome blessed

If you have 2 yrs multiple visa, you should not exceed more than 6 mos. in every visit...But you can enter uk many times within 2 yrs of your visa validity.

blessedlady89
7th February 2009, 01:24
Thank you. :)

This is for a friend who just recently granted a multiple visa.

as long as your visa didnt expired yet,you can stay,if your visa is 2 years,then you can stay until 2 years,if your visa is 6 months obviously you need to exit b4 visa expired

welcome blessed

blessedlady89
7th February 2009, 01:27
Gemini

So if she stays beyond 6 mos, this will create problem in the future.
She will be considered an overstayer? am I right??

Thanks

If you have 2 yrs multiple visa, you should not exceed more than 6 mos. in every visit...But you can enter uk many times within 2 yrs of your visa validity.

Mrs.JMajor
7th February 2009, 01:28
Oppps obviously ,i got wrong there,as gemini63 is on 2 years visit visa,she should know better

Gemini

Thanks

yeah that was nice question,how can she over stay if she didnt exit after 6 months considering she had 2 years visa :Erm:

lol Ema geminin63 come on :D

gemini63
7th February 2009, 01:34
Gemini

Thanks

Yes, she should exit uk before almost 6 months stay.Even just go to france or italy it could do, then back uk again.Coz those places is not under uk.She can apply schenzen visa in uk going to those places a s long as hier/his visa still valid at least 3 mos remaining time of uk visa .

darren-b
7th February 2009, 07:33
Yes, she should exit uk before almost 6 months stay.Even just go to france or italy it could do, then back uk again.Coz those places is not under uk.She can apply schenzen visa in uk going to those places a s long as hier/his visa still valid at least 3 mos remaining time of uk visa .

Someone on a tourist visa though should normally only spend a maximum of 6 months in a 12 month period in the UK. You are likely to get refused entry at some point when you re-enter the UK as it would appear you are trying to settle here rather that just visit.

joebloggs
7th February 2009, 11:18
Someone on a tourist visa though should normally only spend a maximum of 6 months in a 12 month period in the UK. You are likely to get refused entry at some point when you re-enter the UK as it would appear you are trying to settle here rather that just visit.

:xxgrinning--00xx3: especially if you've just been in the UK 6 months and went to France for a day, and then you're trying to come back to the UK again, immigration officers are not stupid :Rasp:, they could say nothing, refuse you entry, or they might mark your passport telling the next immigration officer you've been already warned about being in the uk more than 6 months in 1yr

so abuse it you could lose it :doh

Geraldine
7th February 2009, 12:29
Hi! My Chinese friend's Mum got 5yrs multiple visitor visa so she just stays here for 6months then returns to China. If she wants to come back she needs to give it a year before she is allowed to return again as a visitor. So in short, her Mum babysits her little girl for 6months every year...wish I could do that as well :P

joebloggs
7th February 2009, 12:53
Hi! My Chinese friend's Mum got 5yrs multiple visitor visa so she just stays here for 6months then returns to China. If she wants to come back she needs to give it a year before she is allowed to return again as a visitor. So in short, her Mum babysits her little girl for 6months every year...wish I could do that as well :P

if your Chinese friends mom mentioned she was coming to baby sit she could be refused entry, she is working , paid or unpaid it's still work :doh

Geraldine
7th February 2009, 20:25
True that is why they just say she visits her daughter and granddaughter....actually she can't speak english at all so I dont know how she goes through immigration. She's been here 2x already for 6months on both trips and she comes back to China together with her granddaughter bec my friend works and is going through divorce so she can not look after her daughter alone. I heard the Mum just arrived this month again with her daughter.

joebloggs
7th February 2009, 20:39
True that is why they just say she visits her daughter and granddaughter....actually she can't speak english at all so I dont know how she goes through immigration. She's been here 2x already for 6months on both trips and she comes back to China together with her granddaughter bec my friend works and is going through divorce so she can not look after her daughter alone. I heard the Mum just arrived this month again with her daughter.

i can undestand why she has to get her mom, the cost of child care is crazy, if your friend doesn't have at least ILR or is married to a Brit, she will not be able to claim the child care element of tax creds.:bigcry:

cheesewiz
7th February 2009, 20:47
if your Chinese friends mom mentioned she was coming to baby sit she could be refused entry, she is working , paid or unpaid it's still work :doh

a lot of filipinos doing that getting their parents to look after their kids but you can't blame them really bec its a matter of survival here its hard when only one working fulltime and paying the bills:NoNo:

Geraldine
7th February 2009, 20:58
My Chinese friend is already British and has an ongoing divorce with her British husband who is making things hard for her. She doesnt work fulltime though but she gets alot of benefits like housing, child benefits and of course child support from the husband. She doesnt tell me the whole story of course but she's got no choice since she is on her own and no relatives to help her.

joebloggs
7th February 2009, 20:58
a lot of filipinos doing that getting their parents to look after their kids but you can't blame them really bec its a matter of survival here its hard when only one working fulltime and paying the bills:NoNo:

i know, my wife knows many filipinos, where one works in the day time and the other at night becuase they have kids, and they have to wait 5yrs til they can get ILR, while europeans 1 yr :NoNo:

mastergidd
15th March 2009, 16:01
In my application I applied for 2 year premium visa. Is it true they only allowed to spend a maximum of 6 months in a 12 month period in the UK. So it means to say, I am only allowed twice in the UK for 2 years validity of the visa.??? So it is not true that you can value your money coz the general visit visa for 6 months is almost 4X the visa fee for a 2 year premium visa. Does it make sense?

This is from the UK Border Agency:

Premium Visas

Long term visas�..long term advantages

Following the introduction of biometric data collection as part of the visa application process in India, UKvisas has reintroduced its long term multiple entry Premium Visas which are valid for 2, 5 and 10 years.

We want our most valued customers to keep coming to the UK as the destination of choice and are keen to make it as quick and easy as possible for them to do so. Premium Visas are perfect for regular business visitors or holidaymakers.

Why apply for a Premium Visa?
- Value for money
- they are cheaper than several short-term visas.
- Flexibility
- they offer multiple visits to the UK within the long validity of the visa.
- Convenience
- one visa application and one visit to a Visa Application Centre (s) to provide your biometric data for the entire validity of the visa.

mastergidd
15th March 2009, 16:09
UK BORDER AGENCY:

Do you travel to the UK frequently, either on business or for leisure or family purposes?

Like many other countries, the UK has introduced the collection of biometric data of all visa applicants. This is a quick and simple process involving a ten finger scan which enables us to keep you safe and identify you as someone that we know and trust. To demonstrate the value the UK places upon travellers who chose to visit the UK regularly, the UK Border Agency is providing the option of a long-term, multiple entry, premium visit visa.

The long-term premium visa includes the following benefits:

* allows unlimited entries to the UK, for up to six months at any one time, for the validity of the visa
* saves you time - you only need to provide your biometric data once during the whole validity of the visa
* identifies the holder as a person known and trusted by the UK government
* helps to protect customers from identity theft
* prevents mistaken identity (i.e. preventing confusing an individual with another person bearing the same or similar name)
* protects the holder against any future visa fee increases for the validity of the long-term visa.

darren-b
15th March 2009, 16:59
In my application I applied for 2 year premium visa. Is it true they only allowed to spend a maximum of 6 months in a 12 month period in the UK. So it means to say, I am only allowed twice in the UK for 2 years validity of the visa.??? So it is not true that you can value your money coz the general visit visa for 6 months is almost 4X the visa fee for a 2 year premium visa. Does it make sense?

Each visit can only be up to 6 months in length, even if you had a 10 year visa. The rules doesn't state that you can't spend more than 6 months in a 12 month in the UK, but they do state that you should be a genuine visitor, and genuine visitors do not usually spend more than 6 months each year in the UK. Under certain circumstances spending more than 6 months within a year in the UK shouldn't be a problem (for example if you were paying for medical treatment in the UK and needed to spend more time here), but you are likely to have problems if you have no genuine reason. Bear in mind that even if you have a visa, the Immigration Officer at the UK border can refuse you entry if he does not think you are a genuine visitor.

Did you think you were going to be basically able to live here for 2 years if you were granted the visa?

joebloggs
15th March 2009, 17:07

This is from the UK Border Agency:

Premium Visas

Long term visas�..long term advantages

Following the introduction of biometric data collection as part of the visa application process in India, UKvisas has reintroduced its long term multiple entry Premium Visas which are valid for 2, 5 and 10 years.

We want our most valued customers to keep coming to the UK as the destination of choice and are keen to make it as quick and easy as possible for them to do so. Premium Visas are perfect for regular business visitors or holidaymakers.

Why apply for a Premium Visa?
- Value for money
- they are cheaper than several short-term visas.
- Flexibility
- they offer multiple visits to the UK within the long validity of the visa.
- Convenience
- one visa application and one visit to a Visa Application Centre (s) to provide your biometric data for the entire validity of the visa.

yes you can enter the uk as many times as you like, but you cannot spend more than 6 months in the uk in any one trip, so if you did enter the uk for 6 months, in theory you should then leave the uk for 6 months before coming back again for 6 months, yes that way you probably wouldn't save much if any money, but as mentioned by yourself already you wouldn't need to go thru the visa process twice, only once and you wouldnt have to pay any increased fees,

but you would save money, if you came for 3 months, went back to the phils for 3 months, and kept doing this, but it would cost you alot more in air fares :doh