PDA

View Full Version : Social Security System: Maternity Benefits

Jay&Zobel
6th February 2009, 14:15
I will share this with you as I think it is very important for expectant mothers and planning to have babies, for husbands too...

I am until now paying my SSS contributions monthly as a Volunteer Member. I will be then receiving an SSS Maternity benefit from the Philippines even if I am now residing in England.

They have this policy that: ONCE A MEMBER, ALWAYS A MEMBER (no matter where you are, you will still be covered by their laws, regulations, and benefits)

Kindly visit this site please: and carefully read everything...
http://www.sss.gov.ph/sss/index2.jsp?secid=53&cat=4

To give you an idea about how much i will be receiving when I give birth, here is my computation:

P 8,000 (I declared as my salary credit) pls see table
x 6 months (Last 6 months)
P 30,000
180 days (divide it by)
P 266.67 per day
x 78 days (for Cesarean Section Operation) or 60 days for normal delivery
P 20,800.00 the amount that i will be receiving from the SSS as my maternity compensation...

not bad right? exchange rate today: PhP20,800/Php69 = £301.45

So please, think about that.... any amount will make a big difference... what can you buy with £301? a cot or a push chair or some nursery furniture....

P.S.
I am also paying PhilHealth & Pag-Ibig Fund (so another benefits i can claim!!:xxgrinning--00xx3:)

if you are not a member yet, then you can apply now :-)

Ann07
6th February 2009, 14:22
I will share this with you as I think it is very important for expectant mothers and planning to have babies, for husbands too...

I am until now paying my SSS contributions monthly as a Volunteer Member. I will be then receiving an SSS Maternity benefit from the Philippines even if I am now residing in England.

They have this policy that: ONCE A MEMBER, ALWAYS A MEMBER (no matter where you are, you will still be covered by their laws, regulations, and benefits)

Kindly visit this site please: and carefully read everything...
http://www.sss.gov.ph/sss/index2.jsp?secid=53&cat=4

To give you an idea about how much i will be receiving when I give birth, here is my computation:

P 8,000 (I declared as my salary credit) pls see table
x 6 months (Last 6 months)
P 30,000
180 days (divide it by)
P 266.67 per day
x 78 days (for Cesarean Section Operation) or 60 days for normal delivery
P 20,800.00 the amount that i will be receiving from the SSS as my maternity compensation...

not bad right? exchange rate today: PhP20,800/Php69 = £301.45

So please, think about that.... any amount will make a big difference... what can you buy with £301? a cot or a push chair or some nursery furniture....

P.S.
I am also paying PhilHealth & Pag-Ibig Fund (so another benefits i can claim!!:xxgrinning--00xx3:)

if you are not a member yet, then you can apply now :-)

:DThanks zobel:D u remind me again:D

girl england
6th February 2009, 15:25
thanks for the info

Jay&Zobel
6th February 2009, 15:37

YEAH A BIG REMINDER FOR YOU MISSY!!!! HEHEHE YOUVE BEEN PAYING REGULARLY SO IT'S BEST THAT THEY WILL PAY BACK ALSO HEHE...

thanks for the info

NO WORRIES, GLAD TO BE IN SERVICE

nidadonnachie@y
6th February 2009, 15:41
hi zobel,thanks for the info i have sss pag ibig aand philhealth too so i well continue to apy when ill be in uk tnx a lot at least now i know that even im nt here in pi i still can continue my contribution.

kimmi
6th February 2009, 17:54
thanks for sharing it Zobel..:)

Jay&Zobel
6th February 2009, 20:23
hi zobel,thanks for the info i have sss pag ibig aand philhealth too so i well continue to apy when ill be in uk tnx a lot at least now i know that even im nt here in pi i still can continue my contribution.

yep... better do :xxgrinning--00xx3: but just make sure when you send money to your family once you are here, you know that they are paying them regularly as they won't accept retroactively when missed payments...

alternatively, you can pay them thru i-remit (ask Ann - she knows how to...)

thanks for sharing it Zobel..:)

no problemo :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

blessedlady89
7th February 2009, 00:50
Thanks for the info. I didn'tknow that. I should claim before , as I gave birth in the UK. I lost my benefits. well anyway there is always a Next time.

Jay&Zobel
7th February 2009, 18:24
Thanks for the info. I didn'tknow that. I should claim before , as I gave birth in the UK. I lost my benefits. well anyway there is always a Next time.

I am not sure if you can still claim... Maybe yes, hehe just ask hehe malay natin hehe...

opo, just visit the SSS main website also, you can download the forms there:
To notify that you will be giving birth use form MAT 1, then MAT 2... just read the guidelines carefully.

Also, if your civil status is still single according to them also, you dont have to worry. When submitting the Mat1 Form just bring with you your Marriage License and passport etc... so they could amend that on their system...

P.S.
A very reliable family member in the Philippines will be such a great help... My good-old-mother is doing all these things for me. When I visited there last year, I have signed an SPA (special power of attorney - but with certain limitations)...

Also, hehe I am promoting the Pinoy Radio Presentor in Norwich, She is a member here... It is a very good radiochannel (online if u r outside Norwich). You can asks lots of legal things etc...