PDA

View Full Version : Shut Up!!!!!!!!!!!!

walesrob
6th February 2009, 09:33
Sometimes I get sick and tired of this country taking itself so seriously and finding fault and offence at anything or anyone who dares say something out of line. This time its Clarkson joking about Gordo:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1137242/Gordon-Brown-eyed-Scottish-idiot-Fury-Jeremy-Clarksons-insult-Prime-Minister.html

Just let me out of this stupid country, away from the mountain of morals, rules, regulations, CCTV cameras and Political Correctness. :cwm23::cwm23:

aromulus
6th February 2009, 09:54
Yup....

Telling the truth as one sees it, would get you chastized and ostracised.
So according to the "new" rules you are supposed to get :piss2: on and :thorsten_rammler: in the :butthead: without complaint.

To many people think that they are the guardians of decency nowadays, look at Carol Thatcher's case.
Innocent remarks about nothing, really, brought against her by the most disgusting TV personality, disguised as a comedienne, got her fired from her show.:omg:
A shop in Sandringham slated for selling ethnic looking dolls....:doh

Yes, I agree Rob, moving away from this madness would help settle the blood pressure....

Bluebirdjones
6th February 2009, 09:56
This country sold us out long ago.

We can either fight for a restoration of the values we care about (ie the
ordinary, well-adjusted people), or we can get the hell out.

I've given up the fight....:ARsurrender: being accused of "extremist" views
(traditional in my view), having to defend my position & stance, being careful
what I say in public or the work place...
.... it was affecting my health & well-being.

Now, I just let it wash over me with a "You see, I was right" grin on my face
.. or a "I told you so" smile.

Just waiting for the day my son finishes his education.... then OFF, and unlikely to return.

KeithD
6th February 2009, 10:33
"The current crisis is a world one...." - Brown

LIAR :action-smiley-081:

Unless of course you live in India, Sweden, Norway, Brazil, Chile, New Zealand, S Africa....etc....etc....:doh

bornatbirth
6th February 2009, 10:59
am i the only one who will be left here:Erm:

it doesnt matter where you go it will catch up with you sooner or later:icon_lol:

and stop reading the nonsense in the written press :NoNo:

Mrs.JMajor
6th February 2009, 12:05
then choose w/c one you want to go PI or UK (rumble the world it will come out p...)

:NoNo:

walesrob
6th February 2009, 12:49
am i the only one who will be left here:Erm:

it doesnt matter where you go it will catch up with you sooner or later:icon_lol:

and stop reading the nonsense in the written press :NoNo:

No, its NOT nonsense, maybe slightly sexed up. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

On a more serious note, what matters most is that your happy, and maybe I'm in the minority here, but money isn't really a big deal, as long as theres enough to get by, thats the priority surely? Money DOES NOT buy you happiness, maybe a bit of security and a nice house. All I hear about day after day on TV or the radio is money, money, money. Gordo says borrow money. NO! Then we hear about the bankers of nationalised banks wanting to take their huge bonuses. NO! How the snow is losing the country billions ££££ in lost trade, bummer.

Ok so, yes, you do need money to get by, but somehow we've become slaves to it all. New car with a 4 year loan? No thanks! 45 inch plasma TV on interest free credit? Boring! Why can't we appreciate the simple things in life? Why can't we be happy with what we have. :Erm:

walesrob
6th February 2009, 12:49
then choose w/c one you want to go PI or UK (rumble the world it will come out p...)

:NoNo:

Malta does not start with a "p" :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Mrs.JMajor
6th February 2009, 12:58
Money DOES NOT buy you happiness, maybe a bit of security and a nice house.
hubby 1000x telling me :NoNo: that words

Why can't we appreciate the simple things in life? Why can't we be happy with what we have. :Erm:
that's what people are,

Malta does not start with a "p" :xxgrinning--00xx3:
:cwm12: thats not what i mean PIUK Mod,sorry ask Elsa what the other words of that hehe (wink)
:Hellooo:

KeithD
6th February 2009, 15:07
Ok so, yes, you do need money to get by, but somehow we've become slaves to it all. New car with a 4 year loan? No thanks! 45 inch plasma TV on interest free credit? Boring! Why can't we appreciate the simple things in life? Why can't we be happy with what we have. :Erm:
:Erm: I just pay cash.....usually in a brown envelope in the car park :xxgrinning--00xx3:

If money can't buy happiness, why aren't prostitutes free? :rolleyes:

joebloggs
6th February 2009, 19:27
Money DOES NOT buy you happiness

:doh of course it does, if i had money i wouldn't be getting up 5am everyday freezing my :action-smiley-081:, i be sat under a palm tree in the phils :xxgrinning--00xx3:

and how many people with money have you heard say that :Erm:

as for clarkson that :censored: why is that talentless :censored: still on tv, he should be sacked for what he said last time, so he be gone :rolleyes:, wasting license payers money on that :censored: at least ross has more talent than him :Erm:

i'm more offended by him poking fun at brown than than what ross or thatcher said, as its a disability, bit like jokes about scousers :D

KeithD
6th February 2009, 20:09
One of the Blind charities complained :Erm: ......are they looking after a cyclops now and don't want him upset, especially as he was born in Scotland....and .....well......is an idiot?

aromulus
6th February 2009, 20:18
One of the Blind charities complained :Erm: ......are they looking after a cyclops now and don't want him upset, especially as he was born in Scotland....and .....well......is an idiot?

Ok, taking the disability out of the equation, I must agree with Jeremy.....:rolleyes:

He is still a lying, un-elected to the post, moronic, kilt wearing, weasly north of the border idiot that single handedly brought this, once great country, to its knees.:furious3:

I reckon that this Gov. destroyed any sense of britishness, and if Argentina invaded the Falklands again, nothing would be done to evict them.:doh

adam&chryss
6th February 2009, 22:24
I think Clarkson is a complete idiot that loves the sound of his own voice. I can`t remember his exact words but the stuff he said about motorcyclists years ago was terrible. If he died tommorow I couldnt care less.
As for Carol Thatcher, well didnt we stop using that word years ago?
It was on some brands of jam I seem to remember.
Is it ok to use that word now? No of course not, she was wrong and no matter how pompus her voice is she shouldnt get away with it.
If this country is so bad why are we still here? Cos it still has something to offer us. And cos some people like nothing better than to continually moan about something.
Everybody has a choice so pack your bags and off you go to your paradise if you don`t like it.
If other countries offered us as much wouldnt we be there? I`d have thought so but then like I say it`s easier to stay here and moan than have the guts to start a new life.
My wife has been here in England less than a week and we`ve registered her son in school ( he starts on monday ) and been to the doctors. Also we`ve had some treatment and a prescription. This is all free. It was easier to do all this than buy a set of headphones in Phil, which required what seemed like an armed guard and at least 3 people to sign various sheets of paper, in various long queues. They were only 500 pesos! :Brick:
So i`m very happy and the moment and i`m always proud to be English.

KeithD
6th February 2009, 22:49
we stop using that word years ago?

Only in this country have we made perfectly innocent words into foul language, racism....etc....:action-smiley-081:
Gollywog is a black doll, Barbie is a dumb blonde.....
Gay.....Happy :Hellooo:
Racist......the word has been expanded to include every that a minority might complain about rather than WHAT IT ACTUALLY MEANS (see dictionary)

I say what the :furious3: I want to say, if it upsets someone I don't give a :action-smiley-081: .....however I respect people who say, do not swear, and I will not swear when I'm with them.....common sense.

As for Clarkson, yes he loves himself, but I've never heard him say anthing I find offensive....I generally call it humour, but then, the government are doing a good job of dumbing that down as well as the economy

Gordon smiling >>> :action-smiley-081:
Gordon upset >>>:action-smiley-081:
Gordon crying >>> :action-smiley-081:
Gordon laughing >>>:action-smiley-081:

scottishbride
7th February 2009, 04:59
Now now gents no need for the abuse, is this because you guys South of the border are feeling the pinch more than your brothers from the North! All the Europe nations have been hit hard, even the isolated Russians are suffering! As for Clarkson, he has made Top gear one of the most watched tv series in the world, the BBC will never let him go, they would loose too much!

jonnijon
7th February 2009, 07:50
There was a restaurant in the UK called gollywogs,run by three black guys,the local council told them they cant call it that and had to change the name to golly's.:doh.
Also a blind guy on a radio program who said he was fed up with being called partially sighted or visually impaired.He said if I hold my hand in front of my face I still cant see because im :censored:Blind.

nigel
7th February 2009, 07:54
:Erm:Was I told to shut up?:Erm:

:icon_lol:

PeterB
7th February 2009, 09:10
Gollywog is a black doll...

When I was a kid, 'Little Black Sambo' was one of my favourite books - I guess that it's no longer in print now!

KeithD
7th February 2009, 10:04
When I was a kid, 'Little Black Sambo' was one of my favourite books - I guess that it's no longer in print now!
Gollywogs have vanished from all the childrens books as they obviosuly turned us all into racists for life! :doh

PeterB
7th February 2009, 12:41
Hey, I was wrong .. it's still available .. on Amazon (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Little-Black-Sambo-Helen-Bannerman/dp/1857141261).

For those who don't want to buy the book, the entire story is here (http://www.sterlingtimes.co.uk/sambo.htm).

somebody
7th February 2009, 13:02
Now now gents no need for the abuse, is this because you guys South of the border are feeling the pinch more than your brothers from the North! All the Europe nations have been hit hard, even the isolated Russians are suffering! As for Clarkson, he has made Top gear one of the most watched tv series in the world, the BBC will never let him go, they would loose too much!

Your feel it when us south of the border cant send you our tax money as the debt collectors at the door:D

Gordon if he had been a good scot during his time in charge of the UK's finances would not have made half the mistakes he has. Surely when we had the good times saving a few quid and not selling assets off at a time when they are at a low and broadcast it to the world was not a clever idea?
Of course norman lamont was just as rubbish so red and blue scot no good with money :omg:

My scotish ancestors would be turning in their grave:NoNo::D

Just because everyone in the world suffering doesn't excuse his poor performance and untruths:NoNo: The Uk is in a far worse postion to deal with this than many countries. Blimey even phill was paying off debts when the good times were happening..

I dont agree with clarksons and the disabilty comment oversteps the mark. But he is a charcter we need like many we need those who are outspoken and dont always conform with what others say.

LittleFingers
7th February 2009, 13:11
I think Clarkson is a complete idiot that loves the sound of his own voice. I can`t remember his exact words but the stuff he said about motorcyclists years ago was terrible. If he died tommorow I couldnt care less.
Is it ok to use that word now? No of course not, she was wrong and no matter how pompus her voice is she shouldnt get away with it.
If this country is so bad why are we still here? Cos it still has something to offer us. And cos some people like nothing better than to continually moan about something.
Everybody has a choice so pack your bags and off you go to your paradise if you don`t like it.
If other countries offered us as much wouldnt we be there? I`d have thought so but then like I say it`s easier to stay here and moan than have the guts to start a new life.
My wife has been here in England less than a week and we`ve registered her son in school ( he starts on monday ) and been to the doctors. Also we`ve had some treatment and a prescription. This is all free. It was easier to do all this than buy a set of headphones in Phil, which required what seemed like an armed guard and at least 3 people to sign various sheets of paper, in various long queues. They were only 500 pesos! :Brick:

good on ya son!
*******s to the media though!
remember - no matter who you vote for - the government always gets in....

KeithD
7th February 2009, 13:16
I dont agree with clarksons and the disabilty comment oversteps the mark.
No it doesn't, I don't seem to remember any disability groups looking after a registered cyclops! :doh

Gordron Brown has ONE EYE - Correct (he also has ONE EYE on the other side of his face)
He is SCOTTISH - Correct
He is an IDIOT - Correct

It has BUGGER all to do with disabilities, it is the minority making it so, and they can sod off. :action-smiley-081: :icon_lol: (.....and before you have a go at me, I'm severely disabled...but then I have a sense of humour and say things as they really are.)

somebody
7th February 2009, 14:39
No it doesn't, I don't seem to remember any disability groups looking after a registered cyclops! :doh

Gordron Brown has ONE EYE - Correct (he also has ONE EYE on the other side of his face)
He is SCOTTISH - Correct
He is an IDIOT - Correct

It has BUGGER all to do with disabilities, it is the minority making it so, and they can sod off. :action-smiley-081: :icon_lol: (.....and before you have a go at me, I'm severely disabled...but then I have a sense of humour and say things as they really are.)

Plenty to attack gordon on regardless of his eye i thought it was a weak and lazy jibe. Yes i agree people get way to stuck up themselves about PC things.

Plus if i call you a raspberry and you cant really cuss back due to your postion its a bit poor. As humour to me is all about the back and forth ie Joe and you both being whippet lovers cussing one another:D

Love to see Gordon call him a lanky beer bellied curly haired whatever his choice of insult is but you know he won't so seemed a bit one sided.

KeithD
7th February 2009, 16:08
Love to see Gordon call him a lanky beer bellied curly haired whatever his choice of insult is but you know he won't so seemed a bit one sided.
But Gordon does have the right of reply, he runs the bloody country (allegedly :icon_lol:)

somebody
7th February 2009, 16:50
But Gordon does have the right of reply, he runs the bloody country (allegedly :icon_lol:)

But he might have to tell the truth :omg:

As mr clarkson has done he has changed it to idiot and Brown cant complain about that:D

cheesewiz
7th February 2009, 20:54

very well said:xxgrinning--00xx3: every Brits wants leave this country can we swap a filipino whose desparate to leave Phils as well:xxgrinning--00xx3:

somebody
7th February 2009, 21:00
very well said:xxgrinning--00xx3: every Brits wants leave this country can we swap a filipino whose desparate to leave Phils as well:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Yeah and can those Brits so keen to leave all the money and worldy goods this evill country has allowed them to accumlate:D

So enter as not a rich ex pat but a everday phill

Piamed
8th February 2009, 15:15
I don't support being overly PC. Please note that PC and morals are non-interchangeable terms. Many PC measures introduced have absolutely nothing to do with societal morals. Carol Thatcher has an oftentimes unfortunate tendency towards detachment from social sensitivities.

The 'Golliwog' was spawned from a social construct of racial and ethnic subordination. The use of the 'Golliwog' doll and other 'Golliwog' symbols are now widely regarded as invariable indicators racial insensitivity. This is because, as we all know, what counts most is how those associated with something they regard as offensive, feel as opposed to what it means for the use. I once had a South African colleague who was fleeing SA prior to the end of apartheid. He thought it quite funny to call me a Kaffir and other names that he said he regarded fondly, irrespective of how I or my other white colleagues felt about that.

‘Golliwogs’ and Little Black Sambo demeaned blacks and were regarded as injurious to the confidence of minority children. BTW, what is the origin of the word Sambo? One source, Websters, suggests that it may be derived from the word Nzambo which means monkey. From our perspective, what did these characters exhibit that we could feel happy about; there was plenty to be unhappy about. ‘Golliwogs’ were invariably illiterate, rude, and nefarious and could not be trusted. What did they evoke and perpetuate in the thoughts of non-black children as they played with them? What did blacks feel as they saw these symbols?

Irrespective of race, creed, etc. would anyone consider it a nice thing to perpetuate something that so negatively portrayed so many people at a time when those same people were already largely regarded with fear, suspicion and were already unwillingly credited with negatively changing the national landscape?

I’m not a fool; I know that many people have said overtly racist, ignorant things in the past. Some of my closest friends have admitted that they used to also. Of course a new level of enlightenment came to them following a severe beating :-) Only kidding. But seriously, I have even had some strange comments made about me and my ethnicity from a couple of forumers. I ignore it as those views are not important; what is important is that we ALL try to exercise acceptance, tolerance, respect and love.

Presumably, we are all capable of that at least to some degree, as most of us are in a loving relationship with someone with significant cultural differences to what we were raised with, di ba?

Live and let love!

A special hi to all my friends who see me for what I am - a shy, retiring and highly sensitive individual...sniff, sniff!:bigcry:

somebody
8th February 2009, 18:33
I don't support being overly PC. Please note that PC and morals are non-interchangeable terms. Many PC measures introduced have absolutely nothing to do with societal morals. Carol Thatcher has an oftentimes unfortunate tendency towards detachment from social sensitivities.

The 'Golliwog' was spawned from a social construct of racial and ethnic subordination. The use of the 'Golliwog' doll and other 'Golliwog' symbols are now widely regarded as invariable indicators racial insensitivity. This is because, as we all know, what counts most is how those associated with something they regard as offensive, feel as opposed to what it means for the use. I once had a South African colleague who was fleeing SA prior to the end of apartheid. He thought it quite funny to call me a Kaffir and other names that he said he regarded fondly, irrespective of how I or my other white colleagues felt about that.

‘Golliwogs’ and Little Black Sambo demeaned blacks and were regarded as injurious to the confidence of minority children. BTW, what is the origin of the word Sambo? One source, Websters, suggests that it may be derived from the word Nzambo which means monkey. From our perspective, what did these characters exhibit that we could feel happy about; there was plenty to be unhappy about. ‘Golliwogs’ were invariably illiterate, rude, and nefarious and could not be trusted. What did they evoke and perpetuate in the thoughts of non-black children as they played with them? What did blacks feel as they saw these symbols?

Irrespective of race, creed, etc. would anyone consider it a nice thing to perpetuate something that so negatively portrayed so many people at a time when those same people were already largely regarded with fear, suspicion and were already unwillingly credited with negatively changing the national landscape?

I’m not a fool; I know that many people have said overtly racist, ignorant things in the past. Some of my closest friends have admitted that they used to also. Of course a new level of enlightenment came to them following a severe beating :-) Only kidding. But seriously, I have even had some strange comments made about me and my ethnicity from a couple of forumers. I ignore it as those views are not important; what is important is that we ALL try to exercise acceptance, tolerance, respect and love.

Presumably, we are all capable of that at least to some degree, as most of us are in a loving relationship with someone with significant cultural differences to what we were raised with, di ba?

Live and let love!

A special hi to all my friends who see me for what I am - a shy, retiring and highly sensitive individual...sniff, sniff!:bigcry:

I quite agree with golliwogs all i knew of them as a tiny kid was the marmalade, but later i saw they were basically offensive to many west indian and african mates.

Strangley some British humour is about taking the gentle mickey out of differences ie ginger people and blondes. So i guess at first some people 30 or 40 years and more back inocently didn't see how it was offensive.

I actually have a bigger problem with some of those that see an ism in every thing as i notice many of them seem to have a big issue with race, disabilty, religion.
Id rather people treat everyone the same even if they do make the odd faux pa but learn from their mistake. Well thats life we live and learn.

Piamed
8th February 2009, 20:19
I quite agree with golliwogs all i knew of them as a tiny kid was the marmalade, but later i saw they were basically offensive to many west indian and african mates.

Strangley some British humour is about taking the gentle mickey out of differences ie ginger people and blondes. So i guess at first some people 30 or 40 years and more back inocently didn't see how it was offensive.

I actually have a bigger problem with some of those that see an ism in every thing as i notice many of them seem to have a big issue with race, disabilty, religion.
Id rather people treat everyone the same even if they do make the odd faux pa but learn from their mistake. Well thats life we live and learn.

I understand mate but ignorance (contextually, a lack of awareness or understanding) is no defence. A faux pas, false step, would be like taking a Japanese person's business card with one hand, putting it down on a table without looking at it and then using it as a coaster for a jug of sake. Becoming aware of the sentiments it caused to the person offering the card, one would certainly not do it again. That would be accepatable as you said, since they learn from their mistakes and were unaware of the effects of their actions.

What would be unacceptable would be doing the same thing to the same person and others in Japan over and over, whether in jest or complete dismissal of the distress it caused to others. That is essentially what use of the 'Golliwog' etc. means to some.

I am a huge fan of innuendo, sarcasm, double-entendre, puns, etc. but joking about hair colour and the associated national perceptions that go with it is not like joking about socially stigmatised and repressed blacks. I know you were not implying that it is, i'm just drawing the distinction.

Anyway, I've exhausted my contribution on this matter :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Buenos Noches Muchachos!!!

joebloggs
8th February 2009, 21:27
but joking about hair colour and the associated national perceptions that go with it is not like joking about socially stigmatised and repressed blacks. I know you were not implying that it is, i'm just drawing the distinction.

but the end result can be the same social stigma and being an outcast :NoNo:, color is just one part of the problem.

Piamed
8th February 2009, 21:35
but the end result can be the same social stigma and being an outcast :NoNo:, color is just one part of the problem.

I agree that any form of social stigma is not good if it affects people negatively. Hair colour jokes are not even in the same universe as ethnicity ones though. The 'Golliwog' thing is not an issue of colour at all.

joebloggs
8th February 2009, 22:00
Hair colour jokes are not even in the same universe as ethnicity ones though

true, at least people with ginger hair can dye their hair if they want and be 'accepted', thou to me the one clarkson made about brown being one eyed is.

Piamed
8th February 2009, 22:05
true, at least people with ginger hair can dye their hair if they want and be 'accepted', thou to me the one clarkson made about brown being one eyed is.
I agree totally mate although they should not have to!

joebloggs
8th February 2009, 22:16
I agree totally mate!

but you've managed thru hard work to get where you are toks, many just want everything given to them, and not prepared to work for the rewards.

anyway tok's you've got bigger problems on your way, wait til you see what your little'un will get up to, i've spent 2hrs today taking part and drying his portable dvd player, after he soaked it with his spill proof cup , wall paper is ripped off, food found every where, scrawls on the doors and walls with paint and felt tips :doh, thou i wouldn't change him for the world :rolleyes:

all the best to you and your family :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Piamed
8th February 2009, 22:25
but you've managed thru hard work to get where you are toks, many just want everything given to them, and not prepared to work for the rewards.

anyway tok's you've got bigger problems on your way, wait til you see what your little'un will get up to, i've spent 2hrs today taking part and drying his portable dvd player, after he soaked it with his spill proof cup , wall paper is ripped off, food found every where, scrawls on the doors and walls with paint and felt tips :doh, thou i wouldn't change him for the world :rolleyes:

all the best to you and your family :xxgrinning--00xx3:

LOL!!! You are so right Joe. She has already declared her intent. She kicks her mum and then i put my hand there to feel it also. Nothing!! So I put my face on Pia's tummy to relax and then 'whack', she kicks me suddenly. :omg:

joebloggs
8th February 2009, 22:52
what you're in for toks

little joe at 2yrs old, at least another 14+yrs to go :doh

and he's laughing his little head off, as he's one place he shouldn't be his sisters bed !

Piamed
8th February 2009, 23:02
Wow! What a cutie Joe. I can't wait to share pics of our little one.

joebloggs
8th February 2009, 23:16
Wow! What a cutie Joe. I can't wait to share pics of our little one.

as my Chinese friend use to say, "all kids are cute at that age" :D

as long as you don't start getting your holiday vids out :doh

:icon_lol:

grand pa joe :doh

Belmontboy
8th March 2009, 14:47
Ok, taking the disability out of the equation, I must agree with Jeremy.....:rolleyes:

He is still a lying, un-elected to the post, moronic, kilt wearing, weasly north of the border idiot that single handedly brought this, once great country, to its knees.:furious3:

I reckon that this Gov. destroyed any sense of britishness, and if Argentina invaded the Falklands again, nothing would be done to evict them.:doh

How was it BROWN that brought the country to its knees ?

Scotland was brought to its knees by Mrs Thatcher in the 80's when she killed off our industry and used the Scots as gunnie-pigs for her Poll Tax. At least the labour government under Blair and Brown gave us a refferendum and a VOICE in parliament again.

It wasn't Brown who closed the mines, Ravenscraig, British Steel, and it wasn't Brown who intoruduced prescription charges, and privitised the energy and rail companies.

Belmontboy
8th March 2009, 14:55

An what's wrong with Being Scottish and wearing a kilt ? I hope your not Stereotyping the Scots now. . . and a moderator on the site, shame on you.

And a supporter of Margaret Thatcher, calling Gordon Brown a Liar ????? HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

joebloggs
8th March 2009, 14:56
How was it BROWN that brought the country to its knees ?

Scotland was brought to its knees by Mrs Thatcher in the 80's when she killed off our industry and used the Scots as gunnie-pigs for her Poll Tax. At least the labour government under Blair and Brown gave us a refferendum and a VOICE in parliament again.

It wasn't Brown who closed the mines, Ravenscraig, British Steel, and it wasn't Brown who intoruduced prescription charges, and privitised the energy and rail companies.

but brown was Chancellor of the Exchequer for more than 10yrs, and that puts a lot of blame on him :NoNo:

aromulus
8th March 2009, 15:18
An what's wrong with Being Scottish and wearing a kilt ? I hope your not Stereotyping the Scots now. . . and a moderator on the site, shame on you.

I am not stereotyping the scots at all, the kilt bit was just facetiously added.

And a supporter of Margaret Thatcher, calling Gordon Brown a Liar ????? HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Blair and Brown have been telling big porkies since they walked up Downing Street and took residence.
Maggie on the other hand, not one of my idols, didn't lie.....
She did not tell the whole truth, but only what she wanted you to know.

The first thing Blessed Gordon did was to sell the gold reserves for a pittance.
Gold that we sorely miss now to back the pound. :doh

KeithD
8th March 2009, 15:24
Thatcher restructured a failing industry as other cheaper countries imported the same items. That is capatalism. Don't like it, move to N Korea :)

Brown spent all the profits during the good times, and still managed to run up a large national debt. Professional gamblers could see the present situation coming years ago.

Belmontboy
8th March 2009, 17:57
Thatcher restructured a failing industry as other cheaper countries imported the same items. That is capatalism. Don't like it, move to N Korea :)

Brown spent all the profits during the good times, and still managed to run up a large national debt. Professional gamblers could see the present situation coming years ago.

And what about Norman Lamont and the 4 billion he squandred on scottish Oil Revenue the last time the Tory's were in power ?

It's all too easy to blame individuals for what's happening in the world, and that's the problem, this BLAME culture we live in.
Whether people belive the current govenrment is responsible for the economic downturn of the country or not is a matter of continued debate, but the UK Population also has to take responsibility for some of its own problems. How many of the poeople who are blaming Brown no, actualy bothered to VOTE in the last election ? How many people actualy try to take action to HELP the country instead of just pointing the finger and blaming others. Gordon Brown is one man in a worldwide political Arena at a time when global monetray systems are in chaos. Not everybody agress with his policies, not everybody agrees with his ideas, in the same way that not everbody agreed with Thatcher's ideas and policys. My point is, people should be getting off their back sides and doing something ABOUT IT instead of blaming and pointing fingers. I only hope that in the next election, MORE people come out to vote, and vote for who they believe in to help the country get out of this mess. Anybody who fails to do that has no right to complain, or blame, or point fingers, and political apethy can be a VERY dangerous thing . if the American's can get up and vote then so can we.

walesrob
8th March 2009, 18:18
Scotland was brought to its knees by Mrs Thatcher in the 80's

Ah, that one again. Reminds me of a song with the line "Every generation blames the one before". :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Both the parties are to blame for Britains problems. Let's see, I remember John Prescott telling the Labour Party conference in 1995 that if Labour came to power, they would bring Railways back in to public hands. In the last election, Labour promised NOT to privatise the Royal Mail.

Truth is, stuff the lot of them, I'm just saving the pounds to get out of this place.

KeithD
8th March 2009, 19:52
.....if the American's can get up and vote then so can we.
Have you visited the brainwashed dumbed down voting Yanks lately? :icon_lol:

somebody
8th March 2009, 22:04
I agree that any form of social stigma is not good if it affects people negatively. Hair colour jokes are not even in the same universe as ethnicity ones though. The 'Golliwog' thing is not an issue of colour at all.

Wrote out a long reply to that how

The gist of it was but colour of hair jokes can be sometimes ethnic based.

Blonde and ginger jokes i would not be suprised if they go back to the days of pictish and anglo saxon being enemies and people to poke fun at?

Yes they can dye their hair but just as a Black person could speak to a person on the phone or be out of sight. The joke or insult would still be offensive.

I have seen some mikey taking, ribbing of people with red hair and the skin they have which comes with the genes and to a lesser extent some blonde people which if made about their skin would be classfied as racist and many of the examples so malicous and prolonged its not light hearted its some thing that really seems to be a big issue with the person doing the insulting.

When I have been in schools on business or traveling though central london I seen many asian and black kids ribbing the only white kid regarding their hair colour. Many occasions its good natured and meant as a form of friendship other times its the difference that is the issue.
Light hearted jokes or mistaken comment I think sensible people can handle but its the issues some people seem to have lurking inside them which worry me.

I have had people of all backgrounds make blonde jokes many of which just subsitute a Irish person, black person or another non acceptable to have a pop at nowdays.

I always like to have a bit of fun with some pc person who tells a blonde joke saying I used to be dumb when a child and in the sunshine. Once they click they like oh well its just a joke, not meant to be harmful. A senior member of our HR department said "oh sorry im just having a blonde moment".
I cant belive the asian lady would have said oh im having a white moment and would have be mortified if i implied i had a chinese or slitty eye moment if i :censored: something up.

Yes I know non asians can have surgery to alter there eyes to be more like a chinese person and chinese can dye there hair. But to me her reaction once she realised was more telling.

Many Black and asian young people at work tell blonde jokes and Irish ones and I see older Black and asian co workers wince as the younger ones dont realise if they changed the descrpition to one they call themselves or said it in a certain voice would have been poked at them once upon a time.

Sadly it seems its in many people from all background and type of genes to tell jokes to put down other people for some reason:NoNo:

PeterB
16th March 2009, 15:54
How many of the poeople who are blaming Brown no, actualy bothered to VOTE in the last election ?

Oh, I must have missed the one where we were allowed to vote on whether we wanted Brown as PM or not!