PDA

View Full Version : Very sad news.

Alan
5th February 2009, 12:20
I broke a fingernail today. :bigcry:

Al.:)

Mrs.JMajor
5th February 2009, 12:26
:omg: that was very sad,:NoNo: sorry to hear that Sir Al,no worries in few days will back to normal :Cuckoo:

:Hellooo:

bornatbirth
5th February 2009, 12:35
how?

lifting a beer or packing ur backs?

amam62
5th February 2009, 12:37
yeah what happened? details pls... :)

KeithD
5th February 2009, 14:32
I bet your blog is a killer! :D

Alan
5th February 2009, 15:01
Well,

I was walking down the street today, carefuly avoiding the traffic that seems to think that the road extends to the non-existant pavements, when I suddenly thought, "My God!!! If I ever went for a holiday in Zaire, which I have never thought of doing before, due to the complete non-existence of information eminating from that outpost of African society, although Mohammad Ali did actually put the name of said country on the map. Wasn't he a great fighter? The BEST in my opinion, although some would argue that Joe Louis and Rocky Marciano were equal in stature.

My mum HATES boxing!!! She says that things should be wrapped in paper and string and NOT boxes!!!

My aunt in Australia once sent us a box though - and my mum opened it - so I suppose it's ok.

Also, my dad used to 'box my ears' whenever I did anything naughty - which was quite often. I once told my mum to ...... off - although I didn't know what ...... off meant!! I had just heard it from a friend.

He became no longer my friend!!!

Of course, we didn't have VAT in those days, which is just as well, otherwise the severe thrashing that my father meted out to me would have been augmented by 17.5%!!!

Isn't it strange how we vote in successive Governments and then complain about every little thing they do? Every move they make? Every breath they take? I'll be watching you. Oh, can't you see, you belong to me, my poor heart aches, with every breath you take.

Sorry!

Back to my original brief..............

Walking down the Street - actually the aforementioned is an idiomatic expression because down means 'DOWN' and you don't walk 'DOWN' the Street, you walk ALONG it!

Anyroadup, I was walking ALONG the Street, and after I had finished my Zairian musings I thought that eggs were becoming pretty expensive compared to external hard drives, which have actually suffered a 79% decrease in price since they were first introduced, by Western Digital in 1999.

Still, not to worry as I still have 3 1/2 eggs in my fridge - which incidentally is manufactured by SAMSUNG - a name in which I have total disbelief - because my daughter, whose name is Samantha, I call her Sam for short, has NEVER sung in her life!!!!

In my family, it would be SAMNOTSUNG!!!

I digress!!!!

Avoiding the 'pavemental' traffic, I deigned to detract from my normal indicative method of pedestrianisation and deviated slightly - it may have been 9 or 10 degrees - but please do not quote me on this!!

All of a sudden - isn't that a STUPID cliche? I mean, how can you have 'half a sudden?' All of a sudden, and without wherewithall (Isn't English a bloody stupid language?) I glanced down at my left index digit (More wonderful English) and discovered same no longer nail existed as part of my physical being!!!!

So, I beg, if anybody in the region of Wireless, Mandaue City happens to stumble across my digital bodily particle, please return said biological article to (address censored by Admin.)

Thank you for your co-operation and may your dogs lose their bark!!!

kimmi
5th February 2009, 15:41
sorry to hear about ur broken finger nails, Prof AL..:Erm::doh:Rasp::Hellooo:

at least it's only the nail not the finger..:omg::Help1:

KeithD
5th February 2009, 16:45
sorry to hear about ur broken finger nails, Prof AL..:Erm::doh:Rasp::Hellooo:

at least it's only the nail not the finger..:omg::Help1:

The nail was glued to his :icon_tonguew: at the time! :cwm24:

Mrs.JMajor
6th February 2009, 01:28
Thank you for your co-operation and may your dogs lose their bark!!!

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::Rasp::Cuckoo:

sheila_ADY
6th February 2009, 03:06
You read Al's Details?..it's your fault, you should not asked. lol.

sheila_ADY
6th February 2009, 03:09
Amam62...yeah what happened? details pls...

LEAHnew
6th February 2009, 08:20
:yikes:sorry to hear your news prof:bigcry::D

Did Charlie did it?:rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OBlgSz8sSM&feature=channel

Alan
8th February 2009, 00:46
Here's an interesting fact - particularly for all the ladies on here.

If you want to lose weight, there is no need to go on a diet - just cut your fingernails!

P.S. - I hope you've all noticed that I've kept my promise and not mentioned my 1,500th post?:xxgrinning--00xx3: