PDA

View Full Version : For you where is the best to have a holiday?

Tiggers0608
3rd February 2009, 22:40
:Erm::Erm::Erm:

Just wondering where is the best place to have a holiday and not to have a hassle of applying a visa for us filipinos? well its ok to apply for visas as long as its not too expensive and hopefully not to being deny for visa.

Eljohno
3rd February 2009, 23:14
Maybe this is not ideal ie with visas but i love going to USA..

I have been to the East & West Coast with my fav place being Florida.

I have been to Canada also which is great.

darren-b
4th February 2009, 06:17
My wife got a US and a Canadian tourist visa and neither were that difficult or expensive to get but are you willing to travel to London or Belfast to apply for a visa?

As to get a US tourist visa you have to have an appointment at the US embassy in London or Belfast.

You can apply by post for a Canadian tourist visa though they may ask you to attend an interview at their embassy in London - my wife applied in person because we needed the visa quickly.

Tiggers0608
4th February 2009, 21:59
Maybe this is not ideal ie with visas but i love going to USA..

I have been to the East & West Coast with my fav place being Florida.

I have been to Canada also which is great.

:Erm: thats really cool but hhmmm must be expensive lol

Tiggers0608
4th February 2009, 22:00
My wife got a US and a Canadian tourist visa and neither were that difficult or expensive to get but are you willing to travel to London or Belfast to apply for a visa?

As to get a US tourist visa you have to have an appointment at the US embassy in London or Belfast.

You can apply by post for a Canadian tourist visa though they may ask you to attend an interview at their embassy in London - my wife applied in person because we needed the visa quickly.

wow travel to london :Erm::Erm::Erm: but that would be my holiday then lol

darren-b
4th February 2009, 22:10
Schengen visas are easier for you to apply for as some of the countries have consulates in Scotland and some allow postal applications. The nice thing is that schengen visas are free to spouses of British citizens.

A schengen visa gives you a lot of options - Paris was the first place I took my wife to (including a day or so in Disneyland Paris).

Tiggers0608
4th February 2009, 22:15
Schengen visas are easier for you to apply for as some of the countries have consulates in Scotland and some allow postal applications. The nice thing is that schengen visas are free to spouses of British citizens.

A schengen visa gives you a lot of options - Paris was the first place I took my wife to (including a day or so in Disneyland Paris).

Thanks darren, how to apply for schengen visa? do i have to pick 1 country thats part of schengens countries? and really for FREE :rolleyes: sounds good

darren-b
4th February 2009, 22:25
Thanks darren, how to apply for schengen visa? do i have to pick 1 country thats part of schengens countries? and really for FREE :rolleyes: sounds good

You should apply at the embassy/consulate of the country that is your main destination or your first point of entry. All you need to apply is your passport, your husband's passport, your marriage certificate and obviously the application form. Usually the visa is granted for 6 months so you can them make more than one trip if you want to multiple countries.

And yes you really don't have to pay.

Eljohno
4th February 2009, 22:41
:Erm: thats really cool but hhmmm must be expensive lol

You can get a 3 week stay in Orlando (International Drive) which includes flights & hotel for about £700 which is not bad for 21 nights in a hotel..

vbkelly
4th February 2009, 22:59

Just wondering where is the best place to have a holiday and not to have a hassle of applying a visa for us filipinos? well its ok to apply for visas as long as its not too expensive and hopefully not to being deny for visa.

switzerland no need a visa and a good place to go

darren-b
4th February 2009, 23:18

Is this still true? As of 12th December last year Switzerland began implementing schengen rules and stopped checking passports at land borders. Which I presume now means you need a schengen visa to enter Switzerland.

Tiggers0608
4th February 2009, 23:41

:omg: no visa needed even if not yet holding an ILR visa or brit citizen? :Erm: hhmm

darren-b
5th February 2009, 06:37
:omg: no visa needed even if not yet holding an ILR visa or brit citizen? :Erm: hhmm

Until recently if you had ILR (or British citizenship..) you didn't need a visa to enter Switzerland. I'm not sure if you needed a visa if you had FLR.

But as I said in my previous post Switzerland have started to implement schengen rules now so I understand that you now need a schengen visa to enter Switzerland.

KeithD
5th February 2009, 10:03
You can get a 3 week stay in Orlando (International Drive) which includes flights & hotel for about £700 which is not bad for 21 nights in a hotel..
Apart from Florida is the most boring state in the US :doh

vbkelly
5th February 2009, 15:01
Is this still true? As of 12th December last year Switzerland began implementing schengen rules and stopped checking passports at land borders. Which I presume now means you need a schengen visa to enter Switzerland.

i see so they have new rules, thankyou darren b :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Alan
5th February 2009, 15:13
Cheshire and Lancashire have the best beer in the UK!

Al.:)

Tiggers0608
5th February 2009, 15:45

:Erm: you must be missing their beers now lol :Erm:

jimeve
5th February 2009, 16:08

I'll drink to that.:party-smiley-012:

Eljohno
5th February 2009, 16:35
Apart from Florida is the most boring state in the US :doh

I wonder why millions go there every year:Erm:

KeithD
5th February 2009, 16:43
I wonder why millions go there every year:Erm:
It is flat......I don't like flat, may as well go to Kent, Disney world is for kids (how many of those visitors see the rest of Florida?), and is the vast majority of those milions.....white beaches in Miami.....cheaper on the Med were you'll find millions of brits go.....apart from those places and NASA, it has nothing.

tommyw
5th February 2009, 16:45
We are going to Spain on Feb 14th.
we phoned Spanish consulate in Edinburgh, gave them our email address for them to
forward an application form and guidance notes.
Once we filled the form and photocopied the requirements,(I think it's only the first 4 on the list.)
No need to book an appointment, we just went down to the consulate,(Must be before 12 noon) Just remember to take a prepaid special delivery envelope.
there's a shop nearby that will do photocopies, if like us you overlooked something.
Also, there's a post office less than 5 mins away.
Don't be put off because you need a Schengen visa as there's no problem
just give yourself enough time. The passport complete with visa will be posted out 2 weeks after your visit, and yes, it's free!
Best wishes, Tommy and Lyn.

Eljohno
5th February 2009, 17:21
It is flat......I don't like flat, may as well go to Kent, Disney world is for kids (how many of those visitors see the rest of Florida?), and is the vast majority of those milions.....white beaches in Miami.....cheaper on the Med were you'll find millions of brits go.....apart from those places and NASA, it has nothing.

I guess we all just prefer different places.

I am a big kid at heart and love going to Universal Studies etc.

There is just something about the Usa that i love.

I love the weather there, baseball, big portions of food & Florida mall.

Friends of mine decided to head further south of Florida and hired a car for a few weeks and loved the Florida Keys.

KeithD
5th February 2009, 17:51
I am a big kid at heart and love going to Universal Studies etc..
You can only visit those places a few times, in fact I'd only need to once, and video it. Orlando is repetitive, pass one mall, then 3 miles in any direction, same mall......massive, with about 20 people in it!! :Erm: If the staff visited Primark here they'd have a heart attack with the number of customers :icon_lol:

Real America is places like the Mojave desert, Sierra Nevada, Yosemite, Yellowstone, Guantanamo :Rasp:

My last holiday I done over 3000 miles in 2 weeks :D .....gonna beat that next month :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Eljohno
5th February 2009, 17:56
You can only visit those places a few times, in fact I'd only need to once, and video it. Orlando is repetitive, pass one mall, then 3 miles in any direction, same mall......massive, with about 20 people in it!! :Erm: If the staff visited Primark here they'd have a heart attack with the number of customers :icon_lol:

Real America is places like the Mojave desert, Sierra Nevada, Yosemite, Yellowstone, Guantanamo :Rasp:

My last holiday I done over 3000 miles in 2 weeks :D .....gonna beat that next month :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I would love to rent a campervan with some friends and drive across the States, maybe one day:REGamblMoney01HL1:

jimeve
5th February 2009, 18:06
we are going to London, for wife's dual citizenship and renewal passport.
Was going to book a hotel in Stratford, London, then relished its near West ham ground, next to Green Street.:yikes:

Bloody cockneys, they'll have me if I have my Bolton footie shirt on.:xxangry-smiley-038:

Eljohno
5th February 2009, 18:23
we are going to London, for wife's dual citizenship and renewal passport.
Was going to book a hotel in Stratford, London, then relished its near West ham ground, next to Green Street.:yikes:

Bloody cockneys, they'll have me if I have my Bolton footie shirt on.:xxangry-smiley-038:

If you have the time you should do the lunch on the Thames, cannot remember the name of the boat but the price was reasonable.

pennybarry
5th February 2009, 19:26

I think I've already visited some good places that I dreamed to see b4.

At Germany, I have seen Berlin and I like it most, then Aachen, Frankfurt and Paderborn. Germany is nice, except the railway that full of graffitti.

Been to Belgium, I like Brussels but there are some places in Belgium that you will really feel boring. It looks dull to me.

Been to Eiffel Tower in France but only to the 2nd level as I have height phobia and had coffee there. You'll see the whole big city of Paris from the tower.

I've been to Netherlands. Maastict, Einhover, Limburg and Amsterdam. It's flat and you can see their beautiful canals. Been to Redlight District for curiousity. Oh my goodness! I've seen different nationalities inside the glass cabinet wearing sexy bikinis. You can choose what you want. Fat, skinny, brown, white, black etc. I felt sad when I have seen the big cathedral just very close to Redlight District.

In Bangkok, I've seen the King's Palace and crocodile farm. Climate is almost the same as Philippines.

Been also to Bahrain, my brother showed me the Palace of Bahrain. (outside view) where he's working.

The rest I want to see? How I love to see the Pyramid of Egypt, mummies and antiques.
Want to see Canada and Dubai Jumeirah, Monte Carlo, and Switzerland.

adam&chryss
5th February 2009, 20:40
I`ve got this radical idea on FILIPINOUK, how about going on holiday in the UK??????
The country where you live has lots of place to explore and if you ( generic term) can stop prattling on about the weather and enjoy it then you can have a great time in many places.
I`ve never been to Scotland but i`ve always wanted to visit a Loch and do some quality fishing.
I have a Welsh aunt and have been to Cwmbran and also last year to a football match in Newport ( they love the english there!) but other than that most of the country is still to explore.
Theres some wonderful places here in the UK and with the current exchange rates it makes good sense to stay here.

Alan
5th February 2009, 23:18
Cleethorpes! They have a shop there!

KeithD
6th February 2009, 10:41
.....how about going on holiday in the UK??????.....
Chester (racecourse) ..... Edinburgh (racecourse) .....York (racecourse) .....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

adam&chryss
6th February 2009, 18:27
Chester (racecourse) ..... Edinburgh (racecourse) .....York (racecourse) .....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

How about Newmarket? Only an hour from me. They have some great bands there at what they call Newmarket Nights. A mix of horseracing,music and beer!
Sounds terrible............

Tiggers0608
6th February 2009, 19:23

:Erm: hope the racecourse have horses as some caretakers on recessions :doh

Tiggers0608
6th February 2009, 19:25
We are going to Spain on Feb 14th.
we phoned Spanish consulate in Edinburgh, gave them our email address for them to
forward an application form and guidance notes.
Once we filled the form and photocopied the requirements,(I think it's only the first 4 on the list.)
No need to book an appointment, we just went down to the consulate,(Must be before 12 noon) Just remember to take a prepaid special delivery envelope.
there's a shop nearby that will do photocopies, if like us you overlooked something.
Also, there's a post office less than 5 mins away.
Don't be put off because you need a Schengen visa as there's no problem
just give yourself enough time. The passport complete with visa will be posted out 2 weeks after your visit, and yes, it's free!
Best wishes, Tommy and Lyn.

:xxgrinning--00xx3: hi thanks thats a good info ... really like to visit spain as my great grandad spanish but no one really seen him :icon_lol::D :Erm: even my dad didn't seen him. :rolleyes: he died too early :NoNo:

tommyw
10th February 2009, 12:04
:xxgrinning--00xx3: hi thanks thats a good info ... really like to visit spain as my great grandad spanish but no one really seen him :icon_lol::D :Erm: even my dad didn't seen him. :rolleyes: he died too early :NoNo:

You're welcome.
My Wife is also part Spanish. have a great time when you decide to go.

Regards, Tommy.

KeithD
10th February 2009, 12:12
My Wife is also part Spanish.
Which part? :Erm:

adam&chryss
10th February 2009, 15:08

:Rasp::icon_lol:

tommyw
10th February 2009, 18:03

The mountains of course!?!:Cuckoo:

Tiggers0608
11th February 2009, 07:58
The mountains of course!?!:Cuckoo:

:Erm: :Erm: :Erm: bundok o burol :icon_lol:

Tawi2
17th April 2009, 23:53
India,probably the most colourful country of the 30+ I have visited so far,also Egypt for the history,and Hong Kong,Disney and Ocean Park,mong kok market,bird street,star ferry,the peak,stanley market,plenty of things to see and do :xxgrinning--00xx3: And just remembered,theres a certain lady I have promised to take to the alps,and hopefully one day Nepal :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ana_may365
18th April 2009, 06:54

how about sunderland[greyhounds stadium],brough park,belle vue,oxford,sheffield,shawfield,doncaster:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::D:D:D

aromulus
18th April 2009, 08:04
Rhyl and Preswhatyn........:D

Tawi2
18th April 2009, 08:14
Sunderland dog track :omg:I know it well,having been born and raised within virtual walking distance :icon_lol:If its races you want Happy Valley racetrack in Hong Kong has to be the ultimate for excitement,a mate had a flat overlooking the course,incredible views over a floodlit track :yikes:

nethlewy
18th April 2009, 08:32
Schengen visas are easier for you to apply for as some of the countries.............................allow postal applications. The nice thing is that schengen visas are free to spouses of British citizens.

Which countries have postal applications for a Schengen Visa?