PDA

View Full Version : Remittance

pennybarry
2nd February 2009, 18:31
I sent money to my loving Mom last saturday thru IREMIT visa card and it's supposed to received yesterday (sunday). I Received text messages from my sister telling that they haven't received it yet.

I sent email to them (IREMIT) last saturday after I deposited the money at Barclays and received their confirmation. Usually, I used to call them but these past few months, it's too hard to contact them by phone. I found discrepancy in my email sent so I tried to call them today, monday but their office is closed which is supposed to be opened during monday-sunday.

I am worried now as last few months, I read some news about agencies based in UK who failed to remit the money from OFWs.

http://www.balitapinoy.net/?sourceid=&smenu=524&twindow=Default&mad=No&sdetail=&wpage=&skeyword=&sidate=&ccat=&ccatm=&restate=&restatus=&reoption=&retype=&repmin=&repmax=&rebed=&rebath=&subname=&pform=&sc=1696&hn=balitapinoy&he=.net

Is there anybody here who send money thru this agency please? Do you have same problem? I am planning to change my remittance from IREMIT to LCC but I am not sure if LCC is better than IREMIT. Anybody here sending thru LCC?

somebody
2nd February 2009, 19:22
iremits office may have been closed if its in London due to the snow and virtual shutdown of public transport.

cheesewiz
2nd February 2009, 21:19
I am using Metro remittance affiliate of Metro bank in the Phils. So far so good i am using it for quite a long time now.

Shayla
3rd February 2009, 01:34
I sent money to my loving Mom last saturday thru IREMIT visa card and it's supposed to received yesterday (sunday). I Received text messages from my sister telling that they haven't received it yet.

I sent email to them (IREMIT) last saturday after I deposited the money at Barclays and received their confirmation. Usually, I used to call them but these past few months, it's too hard to contact them by phone. I found discrepancy in my email sent so I tried to call them today, monday but their office is closed which is supposed to be opened during monday-sunday.

I am worried now as last few months, I read some news about agencies based in UK who failed to remit the money from OFWs.

http://www.balitapinoy.net/?sourceid=&smenu=524&twindow=Default&mad=No&sdetail=&wpage=&skeyword=&sidate=&ccat=&ccatm=&restate=&restatus=&reoption=&retype=&repmin=&repmax=&rebed=&rebath=&subname=&pform=&sc=1696&hn=balitapinoy&he=.net

Is there anybody here who send money thru this agency please? Do you have same problem? I am planning to change my remittance from IREMIT to LCC but I am not sure if LCC is better than IREMIT. Anybody here sending thru LCC?

Hello there!

My husband opened an IREMIT VISA CARD for me and I got it here. I'm still here in the PHILIPPINES but I never ever have a problem regarding the remittance. It only takes few hours then you can get the money out from the bank.

Anyway for sure your family will get it soon but maybe there was just delayed with the money transfer!

I THINK IREMIT NEVER EVER FAILS..:xxgrinning--00xx3:

pennybarry
3rd February 2009, 18:11
Thanks for all your reply. Iremit called me last night and said my Mom will receive it on wednesday. So, it will be 3 days delay:cwm23:. They said their office was closed on monday due to heavy snow. I just insist to them that they should call their customers if there's any discrepancy regarding remittances.:NoNo:

Jay&Zobel
4th February 2009, 16:08
Thanks for all your reply. Iremit called me last night and said my Mom will receive it on wednesday. So, it will be 3 days delay:cwm23:. They said their office was closed on monday due to heavy snow. I just insist to them that they should call their customers if there's any discrepancy regarding remittances.:NoNo:

what about the exchange rates? was it the current rate that they use?

angel2008
4th February 2009, 16:47
Hi penny barry, same thing happened to my auntie last week , she sent money through iremit and was delayed 3 dys.I always used the iremit and never had problem so far.

pennybarry
4th February 2009, 18:43
what about the exchange rates? was it the current rate that they use?

They used the saturday rate which is 67.30. I don't know the rate today wednesday. :doh

Hi penny barry, same thing happened to my auntie last week , she sent money through iremit and was delayed 3 dys.I always used the iremit and never had problem so far.

Yes, I had no problem b4 but these past few months, it's too hard to contact them by phone. I always lost 2-3£ contacting their numbers.:angry: Everytime I asked why, they said there are many customers sending money. I said, I think you need more staffs:D

Shayla
4th February 2009, 23:19
[QUOTE=pennybarry;112872]They used the saturday rate which is 67.30. I don't know the rate today wednesday. :doh

Hello Penny,

For you to check the rate per pound to peso..You can check it here in their website.

www.myiremit.com

After opening that site, click forex and then select Country then choose United Kingdom and press search then the rate will come up..

What will come up there either it's in the right date or not...that's there currency exchange.

So far it's 68.15 per pound and it was updated since Feb 2nd... If ever you send money to your loved ones in the Philippines, still the same currency they will get unless they will update it tomorrow then might change again.

Thanks!

Hope it helps :xxgrinning--00xx3:.

pennybarry
5th February 2009, 19:48
[QUOTE=pennybarry;112872]They used the saturday rate which is 67.30. I don't know the rate today wednesday. :doh

Hello Penny,

For you to check the rate per pound to peso..You can check it here in their website.

www.myiremit.com

After opening that site, click forex and then select Country then choose United Kingdom and press search then the rate will come up..

What will come up there either it's in the right date or not...that's there currency exchange.

So far it's 68.15 per pound and it was updated since Feb 2nd... If ever you send money to your loved ones in the Philippines, still the same currency they will get unless they will update it tomorrow then might change again.

Thanks!

Hope it helps :xxgrinning--00xx3:.

Yes thanks. I visit that website b4 as I applied my Mom's visa card thru online, but I am not interested to know the rates everyday. I'ts depressing:doh.

you can also call their landline and press 2 to check how much the rate for today :xxgrinning--00xx3:

nidadonnachie@y
6th February 2009, 00:34
Hi Penny My Husband Just Use The Western Union Althought They Charge Bigger Than Those Agencies But Its Easier And Convenient I Think.

Shayla
6th February 2009, 00:48
[QUOTE=Shayla;112942]

Yes thanks. I visit that website b4 as I applied my Mom's visa card thru online, but I am not interested to know the rates everyday. I'ts depressing:doh.

you can also call their landline and press 2 to check how much the rate for today :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Hi Penny,

Thanks for your reply. Anyway I never phone them because it cost me a lot. I'm living in Mindanao that's why if I phone them it must be a long distance call that's why I just checked it through their website...

Kindly tell you mom to visit this site if ever you have internet at home..

www.bancnetonline.com

Click Chinatrust Bank and press I agree..

Soon there will be another box will come up which is the balance inquiry..

Type the ATM Card Number which u can see in the front ...Member number which you can see at the back of the card..the last 3 digits. Then account type.. either its savings account or checking account then the ATM Pin Number and press submit..With that, your mom can check the remittance online and can pay bills online too...Easier for her rather than go to the bank and check either the money is in then when she's there she wont get it coz it's not ready yet..

Thanks!

pennybarry
14th February 2009, 15:10
I sent money again to my Loving Mom and I was surprised with IREMIT office. Just one ring and they answered my call. I said I am happy with your service today.
They add another question if you will send money as per customs requirement they said.
The question is : What's that money for? Allowance? tuition?:yikes:

singkit
14th February 2009, 17:18
I don't have iRemit account so I just use Western Union. I do not fully recommend WU because the service charge is quite expensive £14. per £100. :doh I just don't have a choice at the moment because Western Union is just one tricycle away from my mum's. So it give her convenience picking up the money.:) and can claim it ASAP.

Ann07
14th February 2009, 17:21
I don't have iRemit account so I just use Western Union. I do not fully recommend WU because the service charge is quite expensive £14. per £100. :doh I just don't have a choice at the moment because Western Union is just one tricycle away from my mum's. So it give her convenience picking up the money.:) and can claim it ASAP.

You can have it staright to ur mums door singkit using iremit for 7 pounds per transaction:) ( door to door)

Ana_may365
14th February 2009, 17:51
i always go to western union if i sending some money to phils.and its cost me £4.90[36 hrs.]and £9.90 for only a mins.

somebody
14th February 2009, 19:08
I sent money again to my Loving Mom and I was surprised with IREMIT office. Just one ring and they answered my call. I said I am happy with your service today.
They add another question if you will send money as per customs requirement they said.
The question is : What's that money for? Allowance? tuition?:yikes:

None of their business sounds more like market research or sheer noseiness:D

georyz
14th February 2009, 22:40
I always used western union in sending money to PI using 36 hrs service. before am paying a lot £14 for £100 but after i got that leaflet from Barrio Fiesta which states that it only cost £4.90 if you got a western union card. So i phone the western union about it and they said yes they give you £5 if you got a western union card, i ask them since its only £4.90 to send to the phils based on that leaflet and i got £5 discount coz of having a WU card it means i dont have to pay anything and they said yes. From that time i always phone them first everytime i send money to the Phils then they can put in their computer the benefit of having a WU card, sending it free. Sometimes they dont say about the discount so i asks them and they asked me if i want commission i said no so give me that £5 off thats why i dont have to pay anything. The last time ive done it was December...

pennybarry
15th February 2009, 09:42

How about exchange rate singkit? That is too expensive for me if I will send 200£ every other week or per month. It will cost 28£:omg: I haven't seen or notice any WU in our place:D in Scottish Borders:D

Iremit visa card is very convinient to my Mom 'coz we live close to commercial establishments, but then WU is also everywhere. Banks, pawnshops etc.

angel2008
15th February 2009, 09:56
Hi PennyBarry, ask about the iremit about their iremit card. If you apply iremit card they will send the ATM Visa card to your benificiary in the Ph. And when you send money just minutes your beneficiary can get the money.I have the card for almost 4 mos and I never had problems or delays. I just applied the card through email and paid 1 pound for the card.

aromulus
15th February 2009, 10:03

In this case I strongly suggest www.xoom.com (http://www.xoom.com) , with this company you can deposit the money into a bank account or have the cash delivered, by courier, straight in your mother's hands.
Some ID documents will be required for this service, tho.
The charges are 1/3 or half the price of WU. May not be as fast as WU or maybe Iremit , but more reliable.

I have been using xoom services for a couple of years and the only delay was caused by site maintenance on one occasion.

pennybarry
15th February 2009, 10:09
Hi PennyBarry, ask about the iremit about their iremit card. If you apply iremit card they will send the ATM Visa card to your benificiary in the Ph. And when you send money just minutes your beneficiary can get the money.I have the card for almost 4 mos and I never had problems or delays. I just applied the card through email and paid 1 pound for the card.

Thanks!
I got 2 Iremit Visa Cards. One for my eldest sis who look after my 81 yr old Mom and 1 for my Mom. I applied 2 years ago thru their website and I paid nothing. It takes 1 day to receive not minutes. I usually send saturday 10 a.m. and it will be in my Mom's acct. the next day sunday b4 lunch.
:xxgrinning--00xx3:

fhara
19th February 2009, 13:18
Thanks!
I got 2 Iremit Visa Cards. One for my eldest sis who look after my 81 yr old Mom and 1 for my Mom. I applied 2 years ago thru their website and I paid nothing. It takes 1 day to receive not minutes. I usually send saturday 10 a.m. and it will be in my Mom's acct. the next day sunday b4 lunch.
:xxgrinning--00xx3:

hi penny,...i would like to tell my bf bout iremit can i ask the website pls so that we can apply..thanks so much..,
take care..:xxgrinning--00xx3:

pennybarry
20th February 2009, 07:03
hi penny,...i would like to tell my bf bout iremit can i ask the website pls so that we can apply..thanks so much..,
take care..:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Here's Fhara:
http://www.myiremit.com/
GOODLUCK!:xxgrinning--00xx3::Hellooo:

fhara
20th February 2009, 11:34
Here's Fhara:
http://www.myiremit.com/
GOODLUCK!:xxgrinning--00xx3::Hellooo:

thanks a lot penny:xxgrinning--00xx3:

trader dave
9th March 2009, 02:08
i use philippine remittance based in london never had a problem paid direct to fiancees account or pick up anywere example send £300.00 AND THERE CHARGE IS £8.00 and it is there in 2 days if into bank account ,did use western union before but found them expensive with philrem i just pay into local barclays send philrem an email telling them i have send them funds and to tranfer it to my benefisheries account ,they send confirmation email with the exchange rate and the charge which is taken from the money i then forward email to fiancee done finished :icon_lol: if only everything was as simple to sort out :Brick:

pinky
9th March 2009, 04:20
Hi everyone!!!! You may check SUNRISE REMITTANCE UK LTD. located at 12 Kenway Road, SW5 0RR...good, fast service and the best exchange rates. Visit sunriseremit.com for further enquiries.

Hope this will help!!!