PDA

View Full Version : how was the filipina women adapt in UK when they got here?

lyn26
1st February 2009, 01:57
how does the filipina women adapt in UK when they arrive here in uk?

(please pardon my english and my grammar):doh

like the other filipina wives here, i too struggle and waited a long time to get my uk visa when i was in the philipines...
and unlike fairytales my love story didnt end up happy ending after i got my visa and i got here in UK..
Theres more struggling, hard work, and most of all adjusting, not only to my environment but also with my relationship with my hubby...
In the real life, life is like that....:icon_lol:
i broke down lots of times but im glad slowly but gradually i was able to understand around me, stand up in my feet, get a job and most of all adjust in my surrounding, and my relationship with my husband became better, we are both happier than before and stable.

How about the rest of the filipina wives in here in uk, how do you cope up with the life here in uk..?:Erm:

pennybarry
1st February 2009, 09:44

like the other filipina wives here, i too struggle and waited a long time to get my uk visa when i was in the philipines...
and unlike fairytales my love story didnt end up happy ending after i got my visa and i got here in UK..
Theres more struggling, hard work, and most of all adjusting, not only to my environment but also with my relationship with my hubby...
i broke down lots of times but im glad slowly but gradually i was able to understand around me, stand up in my feet, get a job and most of all adjust in my surrounding, and my relationship with my husband became better, we are both happier than before and stable.

How about the rest of the filipina wives in here in uk, how do you cope up with the life here in uk..?:Erm:

I like you for being humble and low profile:xxgrinning--00xx3: unlike other filipinas I met who pretend rich but on the other side they are struggling. Life here is not a bed of roses isn't it?:D

Like you, I work hard here working fulltime just what I did in the Philippines. If I will not work, I am sure I'll feel struggling too. I'm running for 3 years now and still adjusting for the weather to be honest. I feel homesick sometimes but I know it's part of my sacrifice when I married my hubby. So, I just devote my time working fulltime to save and visit my loving Mom in the Philippines yearly as I missed her terribly.

gracia143
1st February 2009, 10:39
You're both quite right girls, life isn't 'bed of roses' in the UK for a foriegn wife and coming to the UK to settle down is a huge sacrifice for most of us. Others might not realise it though. Like both of you I work hard (maintaining two jobs at the moment), go to Uni and being a full time wife at the same time. It is a struggle but it makes us all feel a sense of 'self-worth' and can well be very satisfying. But I am quite sure that we are going to be alright as we 'Filipinas' are tough and I'm very proud that we are. Cheers!

LadyJ
1st February 2009, 10:40
Almost 7 years here in UK but still feel like Im alien because miss a lot of things in the Phils.

Also I still can't cope with the very cold weather.

aromulus
1st February 2009, 11:09
34 years, 3 months and 27 days in the Uk and I still cannot get to grips with the weather here....:omg:

Longing to retire somewhere nice with "climate"........ instead of "weather".....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

acs
1st February 2009, 11:28
been here in the uk for only 2 weeks now to be exact, there are things that bewildered me..like so many kinds of brooms here...brush brooms to be exact...not the walis tingting (tikog) and tambo (lanot) im used to in cleaning in the Philippines :Erm:...and no plastic dipper (tabo) too:yikes:..hahaha..only a filipina knows whats its for. Cant go out much cause too cold :cwm3::Cuckoo:.Still trying to figure things out :doh cause not the same as in Philippines. Its not that easy here..one way or another one will miss the Philippines.

pennybarry
1st February 2009, 11:36
been here in the uk for only 2 weeks now to be exact, there are things that bewildered me..like so many kinds of brooms here...brush brooms to be exact...not the walis tingting (tikog) and tambo (lanot) im used to in cleaning in the Philippines :Erm:...and no plastic dipper (tabo) too:yikes:..hahaha..only a filipina knows whats its for. Cant go out much cause too cold :cwm3::Cuckoo:.Still trying to figure things out :doh cause not the same as in Philippines. Its not that easy here..one way or another one will miss the Philippines.

I bought tambo at Filipno store but I only use that at stairs. I bought a tub of marshmallows. I didn't eat the marsmallows, I need the tub so I can have tabo :xxgrinning--00xx3: I really need tabo lols, I am allergic using toilet paper all the time. I feel itchy butt:doh:action-smiley-081:

aromulus
1st February 2009, 11:36
...and no plastic dipper (tabo) too:yikes:..hahaha..only a filipina knows whats its for.

You think so, huh...???:Erm:

lizaphil
1st February 2009, 12:59
I bought tambo at Filipno store but I only use that at stairs. I bought a tub of marshmallows. I didn't eat the marsmallows, I need the tub so I can have tabo :xxgrinning--00xx3: I really need tabo lols, I am allergic using toilet paper all the time. I feel itchy butt:doh:action-smiley-081:

why you dont use mesuring jug LOL:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

pennybarry
1st February 2009, 13:45
why you dont use mesuring jug LOL:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

yes we have 2 measuring jugs but we use that for preparing foods only.

Is that what you are using? or r u satisfied with toilet paper

Mrs.JMajor
1st February 2009, 13:53
r u satisfied with toilet paper

Hi Pen :Hellooo::D:Cuckoo:

pennybarry
1st February 2009, 13:55
Hi Pen :Hellooo::D:Cuckoo:

Hi Mrs Major:BouncyHappy::Hellooo::cwm38: Miss you:Rasp:

IainBusby
1st February 2009, 15:45

Get your husband to install a bidet. that is pure luxury for a Filipina or so I'm told.

Ann07
1st February 2009, 15:54

Adjusment is always been a struggle for most of us esp to be away from our native land and family.Adjusting with the weather which is totally opposite where we came from:rolleyes: the foods etc...Same here you have to start building everything from scratch but once u r in the system and everything will follow:) And same with our husbands as they struggle to live with stinky foods:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: and moody wives:icon_lol::icon_lol:

As long as you have the support and love that you needed here everything is possible:xxgrinning--00xx3: Esp having our wee boy for the first few months it has been so tough:doh but it pays though, so blessed now:D

aromulus
1st February 2009, 16:03
Real hard life....:Erm:

No yaya...:omg:

No maid....:omg:

:icon_lol:

Ann07
1st February 2009, 16:07

Very true:D

PeterB
1st February 2009, 16:15
Get your husband to install a bidet. that is pure luxury for a Filipina or so I'm told.

Haha .. ruby was keen to have a posh, all electronic, WC/bidet. The lid lifts automatically as you approach, your bum gets washed and blow dried ... and the seat is heated (useful in Phils, eh?). However, at 250,000 pesos, I felt that there could be better uses for the money, and separate WC and bidet is much cheaper!

Jay&Zobel
1st February 2009, 16:51
yeah... really hard here in the UK just to be with the man we love hehe...

No tabo,
No all day/year sun
No yaya
No maid
No cook
No jeepneys
No tricycles
No tindahan sa kanto (convenience store)
No pedicabs
No kangkong
No kamote tops
No ASKAL/ asong kalye (stray dogs)
No tambay sa kanto hehehe
plus our time day is like 24hours a day! No night time. always workday and day time... lol
less leisure...
No tsismis
No friends that you grew up with
Instant Mommy/Daddy or ate/Kuya

also:
Cold climate
9am-5pm work only
Online groceries/once a week grocery
Loo rolls
Hoover
Sariling kayod
Car/bus as main transpo...

We so know it's hard to live away from "home"... huhuhu... but i think we will make it here no matter what! Filipinos are known as being flexible & adaptable to change! kaya natin to!

somebody
1st February 2009, 17:49
The Wife like any one has homesickness and misses various bits n bobs. But I guess she came at a good age, where she was not to young but had not become set in her ways. She has been lucky meeting people both phill and from elsewhere. She was lucky she had good English skills which helped her speak landan init like a local.
I think also considering her age she has a good range of phill friends both those who she can go clubbing with and those who are more mature and calming infulence. Ie so friends who act in her peer group but also ones who can act as surrogate aunts.
Now she frequents embassy club,concoon ,china white etc she found the club scene on her return visits to Phill a bit tame:rolleyes:

We are also lucky that in our local green grocers and other food shops we have a wide varitey of foods which she is used to.

I do think a lot of thought and prepration has to be done by the brit and phill. Many put loads of effort into Visas and yet forget how both are going to fair once your together. If you think your live in a country just like phill then thats the first mistake

Its not just tough on the Phill, the Brit will also have to make scarfices (of course not as hard as being 8 k away from home) change food, put up with mood swings, be prepared for deaths illiness or other major worries affecting family members abroad. Many will have to give up any holidays or travel not phill related. The constant check to ensure brit to phill comms are as cheap and efficent as possible.
Phone calls from family members at silly o clock in the morning.

At least at first having a person who although an adult cant leave the house alone as everything is alien to them. My Wife also found it worrying being on her own if i went out.

The Wife also didn't realise how much heating cost and we had a bill shortly after arrival that could have lit up most of the UK for a few weeks. Accidently rang on her mobile direct to phill not the discount line.

These issues can stress both of the partners.

ITs tough but worth it I guess for the chance to smell dried fish:rolleyes:

singkit
1st February 2009, 20:32
Still struggling with the Yorkshire accent:doh My english is now so bad but I feel stupid if I don't understand what these english people are talking about. :NoNo: Hubby said it's okey to to ask people to repeat what they've said but my ears must be damaged coz I still don't understand even if they repeated the words:Brick: Not to mention the local slang...Oh boy! I cannot remember them all. The weather is always an issue :D No friends near the area. Neighbors across the street are deaf...next doors are busy working lesbians, next house are busy couples and taking care of their grandchildren. Good thing I have a job to keep me busy. Got my laptop, which is my best friend:icon_lol: Able to watch pinoy programs via youtube or pinoychannel.tv I still don't know how to travel anywhere in Leeds via bus coz hubby always take me / pick me up by car.:NoNo: Still craving for food only found in the Phils. Most stuff here in the UK are expensive!:Cuckoo: I still get intimitated by many things and when I feel down I get affected so much I become emotional and misses home:bigcry: And that tabo (plastic dipper) was the first thing I missed when I got here :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

islander
2nd February 2009, 10:30

same as you penny, i'm also looking for tabo / kabo (bisaya) for toilet use, think that will be the first thing i have to buy on my visit to pinas this march, hehehe!

well, coping life here in UK is not at all easy as what all of you guys have said.... a lot of things we need to adjust to, such as work, language, climate, relationships with hubby, friends, family & etc... but I know we can all cope up with it gradually & pretty well. As long as we're enjoying life here & living happily with our hubby, that's the main thing!

somebody
2nd February 2009, 11:10
yes we have 2 measuring jugs but we use that for preparing foods only.

Is that what you are using? or r u satisfied with toilet paper

The wife when looking around found some fancy measuring jug which looks basically like a tabo. So maybe worth walking around those kitchen accesory shops

Ann07
2nd February 2009, 16:24
When i was in the hospital giving birth they used that measuring cup as a tabo:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Eljohno
2nd February 2009, 16:52
It is good that the reality of things not always being fairytale like many Filipinos believe is being talked about as sometimes life can for some be worse when they come to the UK..

pennybarry
2nd February 2009, 19:00

Waaaah yes I agree. :xxgrinning--00xx3::D:D:D

Haaay buhay, parang life:D

somebody
2nd February 2009, 20:08

But in the Uk dishwasher washing machine and tumble dryer with a quick whizz of the dyson.

A baby minder with a range which can reach the pub and TV to keep the sprogs transfixed

All sorted:D

I found the Maids in phill thought me odd that i washed up, generally tidied up and helped set up the tables.
I found it strange a house full of kids have a maid. if I had not helped out in the house as a kid i would have soon had my mind changed.
I know many maids are employed as a form of social support. Its cheaper for every other family to pay for a maid i guess than pay taxes for social care.
I guess just different attitudes:)

Marcel
2nd February 2009, 21:13
hello everyone... i have a question to ask you.... to all those filipinas who live with their step children...how do you cope? i have a friend who really struggles a lot living with her step children. anybody can share their opinion.

Marcel
2nd February 2009, 21:16
Almost 7 years here in UK but still feel like Im alien because miss a lot of things in the Phils.

Also I still can't cope with the very cold weather.
i find it very hard for me still... i go to work at 5 am and work in the chilled section.....have to go to the warehouse most of the time and it's freeezing cold... i wear long johns and thermal underwears and socks....:doh so hard to cope with the weather....

kermit123
3rd February 2009, 01:11
I bought tambo at Filipno store but I only use that at stairs. I bought a tub of marshmallows. I didn't eat the marsmallows, I need the tub so I can have tabo :xxgrinning--00xx3: I really need tabo lols, I am allergic using toilet paper all the time. I feel itchy butt:doh:action-smiley-081:this comment i really louthed lol for about 20 min sorry but it is so funny lol pennybarry iticy butt lol lol :rolleyes:

kermit123
3rd February 2009, 01:22
well ladies im takeing my wife phil to uk this year and i explaned how hard it might be but i never thought about itchy bums and such lol. lots thing s you have said in here that i never ever thought about thank you ill get my wife to read this :) gaz/maybs

aposhark
3rd February 2009, 04:53
.... I really need tabo lols, I am allergic using toilet paper all the time. I feel itchy butt:doh:action-smiley-081:

Sounds like you really need a bidet, Penny :icon_lol::icon_lol::cwm24::cwm24::Cuckoo::Cuckoo:

Mrs.JMajor
3rd February 2009, 07:30
well ladies im takeing my wife phil to uk this year and i explaned how hard it might be but i never thought about itchy bums and such lol. lots thing s you have said in here that i never ever thought about thank you ill get my wife to read this :) gaz/maybs

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

That's filipina, right penny :xxgrinning--00xx3: And you should know guys as far as hygiene is concerned we filipina are very particular about it,and i got 3 or 4 filipina friends from Uk talking about that "tabo"(plastic dipper) lol they say the first time they went to tesco they look for tabo

gemini63
3rd February 2009, 09:44
my solution to avoid itchy butt after a go...is to use toilet paper first followed by a baby wipes.Baby wipes are wet sheets so it helps for final clean up.Even after a pee,using baby wipes is more comfortable to wipe than ordinary dry toilet paper.So ladies always have it anywhere u are...

mavid
3rd February 2009, 09:56
my solution to avoid itchy butt after a go...is to use toilet paper first followed by a baby wipes.Baby wipes are wet sheets so it helps for final clean up.Even after a pee,using baby wipes is more comfortable to wipe than ordinary dry toilet paper.So ladies always have it anywhere u are...

Have to agree on that Gemini... that's what i did too :xxgrinning--00xx3:

vbkelly
3rd February 2009, 10:11
everybody's correct but in my case, so for and so on i adjust a little bit the weather, nature of my 2 works, work mates, at the same time have a training and doing my LDQ (Learning Disability Qualification) pag uwi sa bahay parang lantang gulay hahaha will filipinas very hard working.

Le'em
3rd February 2009, 11:35

yeah, thats what im lookin forward as well..some cleaning stuff is different, but anyway walis tingting or bamboo is okay if ur house is not carpeted...thats why theyre all using those brush brooms...

wickedorange
3rd February 2009, 16:45
Hehe I remember using a measuring cup as "tabo" :) I didn't even know the word "loo" refers to a restroom.

I stayed in the UK for half a year in 2007 under a visit visa, leaving behind my family and a stable career in the Philippines. My relatives sponsored my visa to babysit their son. When I was in the UK, I almost went crazy with homesickness, boredom and all. There were all types of shocks like culture-shock, weather-shock, time zones and confusing accents to deal with. I was lonely most of the time even if I was with my nieces and nephew. I couldn't help but stare at the clock and the calendar counting days to my departure date. I kept a diary and read all sorts of books I could find in the house. I even thought about running away and considered becoming an overstaying alien. Thank God I didn't.

But UK was a good learning experience. It made me realize the ordeals OFWs and migrants go through and appreciate the kind of freedom I have in Manila. It wasn't really all about the money, but contentment at any given situation. I'm back in Manila and life has never been this good. Although I do still miss London and that nasty cold weather that kept me from sweating even if I jogged around Hyde Park at 12 noon.

pennybarry
3rd February 2009, 18:50
Sounds like you really need a bidet, Penny :icon_lol::icon_lol::cwm24::cwm24::Cuckoo::Cuckoo:

Yes Aposhark, hubby said he'll buy for a bidet for me:xxgrinning--00xx3: but I don't know when.

That's filipina, right penny :xxgrinning--00xx3: And you should know guys as far as hygiene is concerned we filipina are very particular about it,and i got 3 or 4 filipina friends from Uk talking about that "tabo"(plastic dipper) lol they say the first time they went to tesco they look for tabo

Yes Mrs. Major, I really feel not comfortable if I didn't wash my cute brown butt:D after dumping:D
Hubby bought me loads of wet wipes but I feel soapy butt:doh

pennybarry
3rd February 2009, 18:57
this comment i really louthed lol for about 20 min sorry but it is so funny lol pennybarry iticy butt lol lol :rolleyes:

:D no but yes but yes yes but YESSS it's itchy:doh. :action-smiley-081:

anngrimes78@msn
3rd February 2009, 19:46
i guess what made me survive is my faith and my love towards my family both here and back in the philippines.
when you know that a lot of people depend on you, you become selfless...
life here in uk is not a bed of roses but we have to make the most of it...
being grateful is my secret.
what you have is more important than what you dont have!!!

vbkelly
3rd February 2009, 21:41
i guess what made me survive is my faith and my love towards my family both here and back in the philippines.
when you know that a lot of people depend on you, you become selfless...
life here in uk is not a bed of roses but we have to make the most of it...
being grateful is my secret.
what you have is more important than what you dont have!!!

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

lyn26
4th February 2009, 08:46
hi girls!!! thanks for all your opinion in my thread:)

by the way, we are trying to build a small filipina community online..
its aim is to gain more filipino friends here in uk...and to get more closer with with each other,,,so if your intrested check out this site::Hellooo:

iexizt.wetpaint.com

hope to see you there!!!:BouncyHappy:

aromulus
4th February 2009, 08:58

its aim is to gain more filipino friends here in uk...and to get more closer with with each other,,,so if your intrested check out this site::Hellooo:

iexizt.wetpaint.com

:NoNo:

Mrs.JMajor
4th February 2009, 13:44

iexizt.wetpaint.com

:Erm: check this site too,http://filipinaroses.com gaining friends and more closer to each other and its like a big family,we have auntie here uncle,grandpa and grandma,kumare,sister,mate brother ...so big family :rolleyes:

oppss when i click the link it was dating site, click the forum lyn :icon_lol::action-smiley-060:

PeterB
4th February 2009, 14:29
...if your intrested check out this site: ***********

Oooo, not banned yet? :omg:

Mrs.JMajor
4th February 2009, 14:59
Oooo, not banned yet? :omg:

.......................:icon_lol::icon_lol:

Arthur Little
14th March 2009, 19:34

AMAZING that I should just happen to stumble on this particular quotation on the very day Myrna despatched me to my local Tesco's with specific instructions to obtain "one of those PLASTIC (NOT aluminium!) pots" she'd been accustomed to using back home. Now, at last, I've discovered what they're actually called - 'tabo' (or plastic dipper) - I might, ... just might find one somewhere, as, based on MY description, the Tesco sales assistant didn't seem to have a clue what I was talking about! D'you reckon one or other of the 'Pound Stores' would have something of this nature in stock since Woolies sadly departed these shores during my sojourn to the Phils and, at the time of writing [oops, typing], my good lady is being forced to resort to employing a mop bucket to perform her ablutions.:action-smiley-081:

Any advice folks??

Arthur Little
14th March 2009, 20:13

iexizt.wetpaint.com

Great idea! Count Myrna & I in.

scott&ligaya
14th March 2009, 20:27

iexizt.wetpaint.com

:doh:doh

aahhhmmm this is a filipina community online!!!!!!!!

if you want one where the wives can chat amongst themselves privately without the partners knowing then maybe you do need something.

Jay&Zobel
14th March 2009, 20:28
some uses plastic measuring jug hehehe

scott&ligaya
14th March 2009, 20:30
Yes Aposhark, hubby said he'll buy for a bidet for me:xxgrinning--00xx3: but I don't know when.

Yes Mrs. Major, I really feel not comfortable if I didn't wash my cute brown butt:D after dumping:D
Hubby bought me loads of wet wipes but I feel soapy butt:doh

Penny your comments have really made me laugh today.

I guess Ligaya is just inventive,, she uses the shower head from the bath next to to the main toilet!!!!!!!!!

Arthur Little
14th March 2009, 20:56
:doh:doh

aahhhmmm this is a filipina community online!!!!!!!!

if you want one where the wives can chat amongst themselves privately without the partners knowing then maybe you do need something.

Ah, I think probably what was meant was that people who've recently emmigrated to the UK might want to MEET UP in cases where this would be geographically practicable. I know that when I saw that the instigator of this suggestion happened to be located in Scotland, it aroused my interest as I believe, for instance, that in Perth alone, there are at least three Filipinas married to fellow countrymen of mine. It would be nice for my wife to be part of a local Filipino community. :BouncyHappy:

scott&ligaya
14th March 2009, 21:01
no worries Arthur,
if your honey is religous then send her to the local catholic or baptist church and she will probably find other Filipinas. If not just take her to the nearest "Palinque" or market preferably a wet market with lots of fish and she will be very happy:BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

Arthur Little
14th March 2009, 21:38
some uses plastic measuring jug hehehe

You know, Zobel, that's what I suggested Myrna use .... but it's not quite the same, apparently. Not really an ideal substitute, in her opinion. I guess it would be a bit like reverting to the Izal toilet tissue of my early post-war childhood in place of Andrex! :NoNo:

Jay&Zobel
14th March 2009, 22:04

You know, Zobel, that's what I suggested Myrna use .... but it's not quite the same, apparently. Not really an ideal substitute, in her opinion. I guess it would be a bit like reverting to the Izal toilet tissue of my early post-war childhood in place of Andrex! :NoNo:

lol, because tabo has got a longer handle hehehe:icon_lol::icon_lol:

scott&ligaya
14th March 2009, 22:10
arrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggg Izal. Arthur you are giving me school day nightmares, that stuff did more harm than good

Happy_Now
14th March 2009, 22:19

Hi Lyn,
My life really change when i arrived here in the UK:BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:
Instead of kama (hard bed) it became water bed:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Instead of washing manually by hands, now automatic washing machine:ARsurrender
when i was in the Philippines, were using charcoal or firewood in cookin, now "oven":Hellooo::Hellooo: errrr my husband does the cookin:cwm12:
as long as he can, he will not let me work:):):)
Yes my friends, i became sinorita when i arrived here. My hubby doesnt like me to go to work,:cwm34::cwm34:
i tried before but i found out he is cryin alone in our home so i resigned.:NoNo::NoNo:
For me, living in the Uk is like paradise compare to my past life. :Erm::Erm::
Imagine to carry 4 kids with your own responsibility in 9yrs:Brick::Brick::Brick:
Now my kids were like pensyunada.

Only,:bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:
my very kind and loving husband:bigcry::bigcry
ohhhhhhhhhhhhh:bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:
i cant stop my tears guys... Pls pray for my husband healing
I cant bear to lose him:NoNo::NoNo::NoNo::NoNo:

Truly guys that this site is very helpful for me.
I can laugh when there is funny, join the furom, and even in a little moment i can forgget my husband's condition. Thank you guys!

Hey i remember when my husband first visit in the Philippines. :D:D:D
Our CR was separated to our house, and he needs to take a bath so i told him to go to CR because there is a big OROCAN full of water and were using it for bath. :):):):) When i peep him:doh:doh:doh:doh oh no! :doh he is inside the orocan:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: (naglublub parang kalabaw) he thought that is our bath :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

scott&ligaya
14th March 2009, 22:28
Hi Brokenhearted,
I am really pleased that you get some comfort form the posters here (still laughing at Pennybarrys itchy bum/cute brown bum comments).

You are very brave and typical of our stong and loving wifes. We husbands are the lucky ones

You can be sure that those who know your husbands condition here will be praying for you both.

Jay&Zobel
14th March 2009, 22:49
My life really change when i arrived here in the

For me, living in the Uk is like paradise compare to my past life. :Erm::Erm::
Imagine to carry 4 kids with your own responsibility in 9yrs:Brick::Brick::Brick:
Now my kids were like pensyunada.

Only,:bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:
my very kind and loving husband:bigcry::bigcry
ohhhhhhhhhhhhh:bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:
i cant stop my tears guys... Pls pray for my husband healing
I cant bear to lose him:NoNo::NoNo::NoNo::NoNo:

Hey i remember when my husband first visit in the Philippines. :D:D:D
Our CR was separated to our house, and he needs to take a bath so i told him to go to CR because there is a big OROCAN full of water and were using it for bath. :):):):) When i peep him:doh:doh:doh:doh oh no! :doh he is inside the orocan:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: (naglublub parang kalabaw) he thought that is our bath :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Awww... when I started reading your reply i felt like crying :bigcry::bigcry:(on how your life changed and how loving your husband is) then the lublub sa "OROCAN" :3::3: lol

This only shows that no matter how hard life is, no matter how brokenhearted we are, still we learn how to look at the past that made us smile (and make us smile again)

Please be strong. Our Prayers are with you & your loving husband. God is able and ever faithful :cwm38:

PeterB
15th March 2009, 13:03
based on MY description, the Tesco sales assistant didn't seem to have a clue what I was talking about!

Have you tried asking for a plastic saucepan?

aromulus
15th March 2009, 13:17
Could this, in any way, shape or form, be classified as a bog standard thread...???:Erm:

IainBusby
15th March 2009, 13:20

I never had one specially fitted before the wife arrived, I just happen to have quite a big bathroom and the bidet was installed when the bathroom was originally fitted out many years ago. I must say, it used to be more like an ornament before the wife and step-daughter arrived here, but now it has become indespensible. It appears to be the height of luxury for a Filipina.
Iain.

PeterB
15th March 2009, 14:01
I've longed to have a bidet for many years. At last I have one ... it's sitting next to me, still in the cardboard box - hopefully the new house will soon be ready and it will be fitted!

Piamed
15th March 2009, 16:57
Bidets are fantastic!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Le'em
1st April 2009, 19:03
this comment i really louthed lol for about 20 min sorry but it is so funny lol pennybarry iticy butt lol lol :rolleyes:

lol very funny isnt it? :xxgrinning--00xx3: buts its normal i guess

waljenforever32
2nd April 2009, 10:16
yahh....i agree with you......a lot of people in our country from the Philippines think we have such a wonderful lives here in UK.........me as a new here in UK i've been adjusting everything the moods of my husband to be we sometimes have ups and downs......but glad we're coping it to have a great relationship and we have both working it to make work and last.......if i feel stressed or sad just have my walks in the street here to make me feel relax.......we all know here that it will takes time for us to adjust the culture here....especially the accent of thier english language.......a lot of learnings to make to adopt the cultures here.........Mabuhay to all PInay's here.......

Arthur Little
2nd April 2009, 10:48
:doh Maybe the Filipina wives living in England should consider moving north of the Border, as - with a few exceptions [e.g. the pure Doric] - the dialect up here is, by and large, clearer and much easier to comprehend than the many different regional accents to be found in the south. And possibly one of the main reasons for this is because we tend to speak slower. But then, I'm probably biased ... as well as being a trifle hard of hearing.

Watch out for the "mumblers" though!!! :yikes:

Florge
2nd April 2009, 17:07
oh boy! this is what my bf told me... i better get rid of my maid then and get used to doing things on my own (again)... hayyy... and I will definitely bring tabo/kabo with me when I get there.. and walis tingting and walis tambo... LOL...

Jay&Zobel
2nd April 2009, 19:15
:doh Maybe the Filipina wives living in England should consider moving north of the Border, as - with a few exceptions [e.g. the pure Doric] - the dialect up here is, by and large, clearer and much easier to comprehend than the many different regional accents to be found in the south. And possibly one of the main reasons for this is because we tend to speak slower. But then, I'm probably biased ... as well as being a trifle hard of hearing.

Watch out for the "mumblers" though!!! :yikes:

lol... we are from the South West of England... lol and my husband mumbles a lot... it took me quite sometime to get used to it... i was like need to look/read his lips while talking, now I can perfectly understand him (even not looking at him) hahaha... LAZY TALKING as they say.. :D:D

oh boy! this is what my bf told me... i better get rid of my maid then and get used to doing things on my own (again)... hayyy... and I will definitely bring tabo/kabo with me when I get there.. and walis tingting and walis tambo... LOL...

oh so yes... if you are very comfortable living there in the PI and you have got "friends": driver, maid, yaya, cook, labandera etc... hay dito wala :bigcry::bigcry: ... lol sariling kayod hehehe... :Rasp::Rasp:

but you will love the independence and you will learn to trust your own skills, be independent and the "Just Me & U" thing with your fiance/husband...

P.S.
But you will miss your loyal "friends" when you are here :rolleyes::rolleyes:

thejarvs
2nd April 2009, 20:22
I've been here for about 5 months already. i hit the cold weather so its not really nice. I cant go out of the house when my hubby isn't with me coz i'm scared:). MY hubby bought a measuring cup(big one) for me to use coz i still can't use loo roll to wipe my bum lol, I use it to wash my other thing too:Giggler:.At the moment i'm still adjusting to everything.

We are not rich too, but i didn't have problem with it coz i am not materialistic. i am happy with what i've got which is an amazing and loving hubby and a sweet little boy:):cwm38:

MarBell379
3rd April 2009, 01:21
LMAO
Its a serious subject, but it did make me laugh.
Any upheaval is always difficult, but moving 1/2 way around the world is going to be pretty tough for anyone. My gf moved from Phils to Israel and she said one of the strange things was that (outsiide of the filipino community) no one knew each other. People dont knw their next door neighbours, let alone who lives down the street. We're just not quite as social in many ways.
Personally I think that links with the weather - we spend less time outside so we're isolated in our own little houses and dont get to interact with those around us. Shame really.

prettywoman
26th April 2009, 18:42
its juz a matter of adjustments,be flexible wherever you go

Jay&Zobel
26th April 2009, 19:10
its juz a matter of adjustments,be flexible wherever you go

Yep but easy to say than done...
You will be "taken" away from your comfort zone (our good PI)

aromulus
27th April 2009, 07:14
I've longed to have a bidet for many years. At last I have one ... it's sitting next to me,

Sitting next to it, ain't gonna do any good... :NoNo:

IainBusby
28th April 2009, 13:18
Sitting next to it, ain't gonna do any good... :NoNo:

Our bidet is right next to the toilet, so sitting next to it always does me a power of good. :action-smiley-081::action-smiley-082::action-smiley-081:

eljean
28th April 2009, 13:32
as the saying goes "Theres no place like home"its been a struggle for me in adjusting here until now.
It's the weather that i can't cope as i can't keep the heater on 24/7 as the bill we go rocket high:bigcry:
No relatives,friends and family:bigcry:
Too expensive:
and loads of tax:ARsurrender:

but at the end of the day you're here for one lovely reason and that is to be with the person who you promise to live with for the rest of your life(your british husband:D)

eagles
28th April 2009, 15:13
These post makes me apprehensive in coming to UK girls... we got our own comfort zones and its hard to simply get out of it.. is there a positive from these pains? what it is to gain?

IainBusby
28th April 2009, 16:12
These post makes me apprehensive in coming to UK girls... we got our own comfort zones and its hard to simply get out of it.. is there a positive from these pains? what it is to gain?

There's free healthcare and no earthquakes and no typhoons and no mosquitoes and ....... well there must be other things ...... if only I could think of some. :Erm:

Iain.

kimmi
28th April 2009, 19:33

it depends, what are ur reasons in coming here in the UK?

most of us comes here in the UK to be together with our family and loved ones, some to study, some to visit..

whatever choices and decisions we made there is always sacrifices that comes with it..

Goodluck with ur visa application..:xxgrinning--00xx3:

NotYou
28th April 2009, 19:43
Aww how nice being together with loved ones. Nothing to do with simple economics then.

estherboaz
28th April 2009, 22:34
am still here sa pinas.i will buy bidet later.i dont want to experience itchy ass.thanks for the info guys.

Sophie
28th April 2009, 22:38

What is it to gain? Simple, YOU GET TO BE WITH THE MAN YOU LOVE. There's no better gain than that :)

Sim11UK
28th April 2009, 22:56
There's free healthcare and no earthquakes and no typhoons and no mosquitoes and ....... well there must be other things ...... if only I could think of some. :Erm:

Iain.

No Wowowee :xxgrinning--00xx3: :D

Mrs.JMajor
28th April 2009, 23:02
There's free healthcare

Iain.

one member here say its not free,she said we pay it by tax,well...cant argue to her as she have 2 babies in here now :Rasp:

Jay&Zobel
28th April 2009, 23:11

What is it to gain? Simple, YOU GET TO BE WITH THE MAN YOU LOVE. There's no better gain than that :)

Spot on SOPHIE!!! :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
29th April 2009, 00:36

Well said, Sophie! :xxgrinning--00xx3: Without wishing to appear boastful, can I just add that Myrna gave up a lucrative and satisfying professional career in the Phils for the sake of being with ME. Whether or not she can find comparable employment here in the UK, time alone will tell. For the moment, however, she's coping very well with the radical changes in lifestyle - not to mention the unpredictable climatic conditiions - :BouncyHappy: and, moreover, has gained lots of new friends in the process.

IainBusby
29th April 2009, 08:22
No Wowowee :xxgrinning--00xx3: :D
Good point, I forgot about that one.

TONY73
29th April 2009, 12:40
I've been here for about 5 months already. i hit the cold weather so its not really nice. I cant go out of the house when my hubby isn't with me coz i'm scared:). MY hubby bought a measuring cup(big one) for me to use coz i still can't use loo roll to wipe my bum lol, I use it to wash my other thing too:Giggler:.At the moment i'm still adjusting to everything.

We are not rich too, but i didn't have problem with it coz i am not materialistic. i am happy with what i've got which is an amazing and loving hubby and a sweet little boy:):cwm38:

wow! cool, you're right sis, i'm tony wife and im here about morethan 2months
already i'm so happy to be on my hubby side although i miss so much the foods in the pinas specially the vagetables my appetite go low already for missing those foods, not missing so muvh people in pinas but the food i miss so much, and i miss the congragations that i attend in Pinas too.its hard to adjust the weather and to start a job, my hubby is not rich also but im so happy the way he love me and im very content of what i have not in materialistic thing but a loving husband and and knowing God or worshiping our Lord feels me strong,and im happy also that my husband has a strong relationship to our Lord,

mickcant
29th April 2009, 13:22
Hi all,:Hellooo:
Can I ask about bed covering most Filipina's need when they come to the UK.
I want to buy a new bed before my wife arrives, and was wondering what thickness the duvet should be?
Do most prefer a thick one in the UKs colder weather?
I realise not all would like the thicker one but am just trying to get a suitable one.
Thanks, :Erm:
Mick.

Ji&Ma
29th April 2009, 13:29
I want to buy a new bed before my wife arrives, and was wondering what thickness the duvet should be?
I realise not all would like the thicker one but am just trying to get a suitable one.
Mick.
I guess that electric under- or over- blanket would be the best and maybe thinner blanket then Mick....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

bornatbirth
29th April 2009, 13:39
Mick.

i got a new goose feather duvet for my wife,inside its to hot but her hands and shoulders get cold when its open at the top so some pjs are a must too :xxgrinning--00xx3:

IainBusby
29th April 2009, 17:09
i got a new goose feather duvet for my wife,inside its to hot but her hands and shoulders get cold when its open at the top so some pjs are a must too :xxgrinning--00xx3:

What are the PJ's for, in case of fire!

leahneilcheeka
29th April 2009, 20:31
I think that's the downside of marrying somebody you havent known and been with for long (if I could say that, that's life anyway!), that's the reason why me and my partner aren't married yet but going to soon after 5 long years of being together. just making sure we are really meant for each other and here we are still together... just got so lucky that when i moved in with my partner 4 years ago there was not much of an adjustment on either of us coz we are basically the same in so many ways... we both don't drink and smoke, hobbies are much alike, he owns a cat which i adored(she's mine now) and the best thing is... he likes all the filipino food i cook for him except of course bagoong and dried fish... "can't eat something that has been dead for years" ... though he did order once rice with bagoong mixed in it and devoured the whole lot in chowking, i did noticed the bagoong but never cared to tell him... he did enjoyed it!!! cooked adobong kangkong with bagoong once and i think i was so good at disguising the taste of bagoong that he didn't noticed it.... the weather!!!! you will adjust to it soon give it a couple of years... i dont mind the weather as long as it doesnt rain a lot...love doing my garden...as long as you keep your feet on the ground... you will be fine!!!!goodluck!