PDA

View Full Version : Brits are United at last.....

cheesewiz
30th January 2009, 23:14
I am not sure if my Brits colleagues are just widing as up or serious about doing the same thing as the workers in the oil refinery:Erm:

Or is it the BNP will rule the Britain soon as they active in our area lately? Good bye UK for immigrants like me

To be honest I don't feel safe walking around as many Brits think we steal jobs from them.....but they called our job (caregivers/healthcare) rubbish in the first place

I think if this so called civil unrest started and will get worst....I don't think staying here is the best option (Canada and Australia might be the better option for us immigrants)

Why Daily Star and The Sun always has a bad write ups about immigrants?

Does it means the end of Foreign Football Managers and players too?

If we go home can we get a compensation from UK gov't....:Erm::omg::Help1:

Its me ranting again:doh

walesrob
31st January 2009, 01:01

Great idea - pay us Welsh to seal up the borders with Engerland, away from those robbing scousers, smelly mancs and dodgy Londoners :peepwall: :D

Panic not cheesewiz, its all just a storm in a teacup.

bornatbirth
31st January 2009, 01:20
i wont listen to whatever the bnp ever say they dont speak for most of us!

i say your all welcome :xxgrinning--00xx3:

LadyJ
31st January 2009, 01:28
Ranting about UK again..:NoNo:

joebloggs
31st January 2009, 01:53
nothing to do with BNP, even gordie brown said 'British jobs for British workers' well he was a gov minister when they could have put a cap on the number of poles and others from the new euro countries who came to the uk to work. (poles alone 500,000+ came)

then you have illegal immigrants/asylum seekers, estimates of up to 700,000 in the uk !!!!!!! some who will be working legally or illegally.

then you have you students who can work for upto 20hrs a week, oh but if they bring their dependent :Rasp:, they can work full time, how does that work out :Erm:

tier 1, highly skilled workers 100,000 last year alone ,and they bring their wife or husband and they can work to,.

then of course you have your work permit holders, again the same..

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/4324382/Record-number-of-work-permits-handed-to-migrants.html

so how many millions of jobs are being done be non British workers :Erm:, the UK is only doing what any other country would do, like the phils protect your own workers and citizens first :xxgrinning--00xx3:

somebody
31st January 2009, 10:20
nothing to do with BNP, even gordie brown said 'British jobs for British workers' well he was a gov minister when they could have put a cap on the number of poles and others from the new euro countries who came to the uk to work. (poles alone 500,000+ came)

then you have illegal immigrants/asylum seekers, estimates of up to 700,000 in the uk !!!!!!! some who will be working legally or illegally.

then you have you students who can work for upto 20hrs a week, oh but if they bring their dependent :Rasp:, they can work full time, how does that work out :Erm:

tier 1, highly skilled workers 100,000 last year alone ,and they bring their wife or husband and they can work to,.

then of course you have your work permit holders, again the same..

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/4324382/Record-number-of-work-permits-handed-to-migrants.html

so how many millions of jobs are being done be non British workers :Erm:, the UK is only doing what any other country would do, like the phils protect your own workers and citizens first :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Joe just remeber if you need to work abroad you might regret trying to get stricter rules on non locals working. Many Brits work abroad I know quite a few and the numbers growing. Before you say it never say never.

KeithD
31st January 2009, 10:22
Send them all home, but just the ones playing for ManU, Chelsea & Arsenal :D

somebody
31st January 2009, 10:23
I am not sure if my Brits colleagues are just widing as up or serious about doing the same thing as the workers in the oil refinery:Erm:

Or is it the BNP will rule the Britain soon as they active in our area lately? Good bye UK for immigrants like me

To be honest I don't feel safe walking around as many Brits think we steal jobs from them.....but they called our job (caregivers/healthcare) rubbish in the first place

I think if this so called civil unrest started and will get worst....I don't think staying here is the best option (Canada and Australia might be the better option for us immigrants)

From friends both ex pats and locals and infomation on the news parts of aus and canada have far more racial issues than the Uk.

Now you know how many Brits feel (those not lovesick,badly jetlagged and walking round in a dream) feel when pinoys give them the evils in phill:D

joebloggs
31st January 2009, 11:30
Joe just remeber if you need to work abroad you might regret trying to get stricter rules on non locals working. Many Brits work abroad I know quite a few and the numbers growing. Before you say it never say never.

exactly andy, i would expect discrimination and that i would be last in any job offer, but I've got no intention of working in the phils that's what the wife is for :D ..

:xxparty-smiley-004:

fred
31st January 2009, 11:45

Stop moaning..
In your country,us Brits have absolutely NO rights.. If we want to work here (fat chance) we can only work if there is no Filipino able or qualified to take the job before us...

joebloggs
31st January 2009, 12:30
Stop moaning..
In your country,us Brits have absolutely NO rights.. If we want to work here (fat chance) we can only work if there is no Filipino able or qualified to take the job before us...

many countries have stricter laws that favour its own citizens b4 immigrants, this country has been soft on over stayers/illegal immigrants who abuse the system. what happened to the plans for the VV, £65 is all you have to pay to come to the uk and then don't go back and 14yrs time max you can apply to stay legally, that's if you don't take a short cut of marrying a european in the uk and claim human rights :icon_lol:

abuse of the VV, student visa and other visas is wide spread, go on any immgration forum and see , and the gov don't know about it , or they don't have an answer.. :doh

nigel
31st January 2009, 13:06
It seems to me that "The Daily Express" is the biggest culprit among the press that incite racial hatred like that, or hatred against so called immigrants. I'm a firm EQUALIST I am, I think everyone is entitled to the worlds riches, if it means moving to another country to get those riches then they should be able to do that WITHOUT having to get a work permit or visa. I'm not going to let anyone tell me that they "own" a country, it's a nonsense, we will all come and go as we please and those who try to stop us are stealing our freedom!

Remember everyone, this world including every country and riches on offer, are yours to enjoy as much as anyone!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I don't like the word "immigrant" :cwm23: in my mind there's no such thing!:cwm12:

somebody
31st January 2009, 13:30
exactly andy, i would expect discrimination and that i would be last in any job offer, but I've got no intention of working in the phils that's what the wife is for :D ..

:xxparty-smiley-004:

What would you do if they tightened up to phill style and even if your wife was allowed to stay here in the UK they made it almost impossible for her to work?

Personally neither situation is perfect but thats life i guess

joebloggs
31st January 2009, 13:32
I'm a firm EQUALIST I am, I think everyone is entitled to the worlds riches, if it means moving to another country to get those riches then they should be able to do that WITHOUT having to get a work permit or visa.

nigel not only do you have your head in the sand but also in the clouds :D

so you would let the whole population of africa, china, asia or any other country or continent come to the uk :Erm: ............ now i've got my head in the clouds :Cuckoo:

cheesewiz
31st January 2009, 14:22
Panic not cheesewiz, its all just a storm in a teacup.

I am not panicking I am just a bit concerned about what's going on around us. Thanks anyway:xxgrinning--00xx3:

cheesewiz
31st January 2009, 14:36
Stop moaning..

I am not moaning I am just voicing out my concerned oh sorry if you think I am moaning...everyone has the right to moan. I don't questions the rights we have here in UK I am very pleased the fact that what Brits rights is our rights too.

First thing, you have to remember its PHILIPPINES even we filipinos don't know what rights do we have in our own country. Money and powers that's the rights evolved in my country. For sure you can work in my country if you want like call center (that's the jobs always available) but....can you stomach the wages of an ordinary filipinos?

cheesewiz
31st January 2009, 14:38
Ranting about UK again..:NoNo:

:D that's life i supposed we don't live in a perfect world. are you still moaning about your camera:Erm:

jimeve
31st January 2009, 14:43
Can't even buy a house in Phils unless your a pinoy,

Mrs.JMajor
31st January 2009, 14:46
Can't even buy a house in Phils unless your a pinoy,

You're right,so just give the money to your wife and let her buy :D

LadyJ
31st January 2009, 14:52
:D that's life i supposed we don't live in a perfect world. are you still moaning about your camera:Erm:

I dont think so!

Sim11UK
31st January 2009, 15:06
I can sympathise with the way you feel cheesewiz.

You have a right to be in this country, so don't let anyone tell you differently.

Don't read papers like the Sun or the Star, as they have a habit of stirring things up. Unfortunately, some of their readership aren't the most intelligent of people & are quick to react.

cheesewiz
31st January 2009, 15:35
I can sympathise with the way you feel cheesewiz.

You have a right to be in this country, so don't let anyone tell you differently.

Don't read papers like the Sun or the Star, as they have a habit of stirring things up. Unfortunately, some of their readership aren't the most intelligent of people & are quick to react.

thank you Sim:) where i work that's what they're reading bec its quite cheap 20p i don't read it sometimes but my colleagues will show it to me:doh

I agree with you that people buying it are the one with limited understanding. when this country is in good economic condition nobody noticed immigrants at all and we who work in healthcare are just a laughing stuff (cleaning someones bums) now that this country in a mess they need someone to blame...we immigrants stealing brits jobs. To be honest with you all I am very grateful to this country (UK) even we are the lowest paid job in this country many of us filipinos experienced the good life we will never have in our own country.

cheesewiz
31st January 2009, 15:41
From friends both ex pats and locals and infomation on the news parts of aus and canada have far more racial issues than the Uk.

I heard that AUSTRALIA are worst. But filipinos are good in adapting just to have a better life that's why we filipino are all over the world:D.

pennybarry
31st January 2009, 15:46

bwahahah hakhakhak u seems to be a naughty gurl:icon_lol:

If the question is wrong, I give wrong answer:xxgrinning--00xx3:

cheesewiz
31st January 2009, 15:55
bwahahah hakhakhak u seems to be a naughty gurl:icon_lol:

If the question is wrong, I give wrong answer:xxgrinning--00xx3:

oh sorry if you think i am naughty:cwm24: be good to me i know where you live in Laguna lol....

pennybarry
31st January 2009, 16:09
oh sorry if you think i am naughty:cwm24: be good to me i know where you live in Laguna lol....

Oh really? That's great! Do you exacly know where I live? I am proud of my town:D
You are welcome to come and visit. Not to worry, I am good if you treat me good.
Cheer up lolsssssss:xxgrinning--00xx3::BouncyHappy:

cheesewiz
31st January 2009, 16:16
Oh really? That's great! Do you exacly know where I live? I am proud of my town:D
You are welcome to come and visit. Not to worry, I am good if you treat me good.
Cheer up lolsssssss:xxgrinning--00xx3::BouncyHappy:

Im from Calamba the birth place of Jose Rizal....I studied in Perapetual oopppss University of Perpetual Help in Binan.

of course I treated everybody nice and fair....voicing out our opinions are the main essence of this forum...or else this forums won't be as lively as it should be.

somebody
31st January 2009, 16:25
I am not moaning I am just voicing out my concerned oh sorry if you think I am moaning...everyone has the right to moan. I don't questions the rights we have here in UK I am very pleased the fact that what Brits rights is our rights too.

First thing, you have to remember its PHILIPPINES even we filipinos don't know what rights do we have in our own country. Money and powers that's the rights evolved in my country. For sure you can work in my country if you want like call center (that's the jobs always available) but....can you stomach the wages of an ordinary filipinos?

But with the lack equality laws in phill surely its much harder to get the job most of the blokes on here are too old etc plus i cant speak american:D

if you like a moan we Brits spend most of lifes doing it so your in good company.

somebody
31st January 2009, 16:28
Im from Calamba the birth place of Jose Rizal....I studied in Perapetual oopppss University of Perpetual Help in Binan.

of course I treated everybody nice and fair....voicing out our opinions are the main essence of this forum...or else this forums won't be as lively as it should be.

I think its calambas burger king i used to use all the time for my wlan to pick up me emails. They got lots of Swmining pools there:Erm:

Dont think i saw one renault there all the times i have past though it:D

pennybarry
31st January 2009, 16:32

Oh dear, you're just few miles away. Yes I know Perapetual, my 3 nurse nieces finished nursing there and another niece who took her Medicine Degree.

Wish to meet you someday somehow:xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
31st January 2009, 18:49

:xxgrinning--00xx3: my wife was there for 5 1/2 yrs :D

from 1998 to 2004 :doh

somebody
31st January 2009, 19:18

My wife was there also there untill 2004:omg:

adam&chryss
31st January 2009, 20:28
Personally i`m glad that those workers have stood up for what they beleive in.
It`s about time.
I would never expect to go to another country and take a job before one of their own citizens no matter how developed that country is.
As far as those newspapers go I don`t agree with the lack of intelligence point of view, thats an easy thing to say.
I can remember reading The Sun a while ago and there was a story about a family of immigrants, I think in London,that had a massive house and claimed lots of benefits without working at all. Now i`m not sure about this but maybe a Telegraph or Times reader will enlighten me about the last time they heard of a British family doing that in another country? :Erm:
So it`s no surprise that people here get annoyed with the current situation though of course i`ve never heard anyone say bad stuff about a Filipinos.
I would expect every country in the world to take care of its own citizens before others and I would never beleive that to be racist.

Eljohno
31st January 2009, 20:49
Anytime i have looked at working in the USA or Canada i have always been told that the jobs will be offered to their Citizens first so should the UK be any different?

jimeve
31st January 2009, 21:06
You're right,so just give the money to your wife and let her buy :D

I have done just that, four years ago.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Sim11UK
31st January 2009, 21:28
As far as those newspapers go I don`t agree with the lack of intelligence point of view, thats an easy thing to say.

I did only say some of their readership. :)

chris40
1st February 2009, 00:48
i hope my wife will be sucsessful with her visa and wish her to join me sometime in march all going well. all going well she will be legaly entitled to be here , she is aware that i dislike workshy people and intends to find work.
i believe in equal opertunities for everyone so if she is better suited and presents herself well at an interview why should she not get the job above any other candidate regardless of whether they are british or not.

scottishbride
1st February 2009, 05:16
I agree with regards to protecting British jobs, I work on gas carriers, the Poles have been flooding into our fleet, however with the pound doing so poorly against the euro it is looking more likely that they will get a highier salary than the Brits, they got a 30% increase in pay last year. I hear the Poles are heading back home due to the poor exchange rate. I read an article about a foreigner opening up a stall in a market in Manila, of course the Philippine athorities were furious and deported him because they believed he was taking away a local's job! So it does seem there will be a lot of protectism going on during the harsh economic times!

IainBusby
1st February 2009, 10:15
To get back to the real issue that sparked the protests at the oil refinery, I don't think that protesters there object to any Italian worker coming over here and finding himself a job, just as we British workers have exactly the same right to go to Italy and do the same.

The real issue is that because an Italian company won this particular contract and brought over all of the workers they needed from Italy, local workers didn't have a chance to apply on equal terms for these jobs, even though they are in their own back yard. I beleive that if the so called free market is to work, it should work fairly and equaly for both employers and workers alike.

Iain

somebody
1st February 2009, 12:21
To get back to the real issue that sparked the protests at the oil refinery, I don't think that protesters there object to any Italian worker coming over here and finding himself a job, just as we British workers have exactly the same right to go to Italy and do the same.

The real issue is that because an Italian company won this particular contract and brought over all of the workers they needed from Italy, local workers didn't have a chance to apply on equal terms for these jobs, even though they are in their own back yard. I beleive that if the so called free market is to work, it should work fairly and equaly for both employers and workers alike.

Iain

A neat summary :xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
1st February 2009, 12:27
Now Brown is saying "British workers for British jobs" was taken out of context! :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

:action-smiley-081::blacklistlazy::Blacklistliar: :piss2: :Cuckoo: :doh :HeadButter: :action-smiley-082: :laugher: :Hammer:

fred
1st February 2009, 12:46
nigel not only do you have your head in the sand but also in the clouds :D

so you would let the whole population of africa, china, asia or any other country or continent come to the uk :Erm: ............ now i've got my head in the clouds :Cuckoo:

Seems our Mr warm and fuzzy managed to get a UK driving license!!
Suddenly I feel safer driving here.

somebody
1st February 2009, 16:35
Now Brown is saying "British workers for British jobs" was taken out of context! :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

:action-smiley-081::blacklistlazy::Blacklistliar: :piss2: :Cuckoo: :doh :HeadButter: :action-smiley-082: :laugher: :Hammer:

Next your be telling me hes not as financial guru who is going to save the world:omg:

KeithD
1st February 2009, 19:19
Next your be telling me hes not as financial guru who is going to save the world:omg:
Well he has now said that we've never seen anything like this before.....which in simple English means he's running around like a headless chicken....

somebody
1st February 2009, 20:28
Well he has now said that we've never seen anything like this before.....which in simple English means he's running around like a headless chicken....

No its all under control and he has managed us well and made no mistakes.

cheesewiz
2nd February 2009, 21:24

what a small world eh:rolleyes: I was there 1989 to 1994.

cheesewiz
2nd February 2009, 21:28
My wife was there also there untill 2004:omg:

your wife too:omg: i was there untill 2004 too (5 years of sweat and tears just to finish my nursing degree.)

aromulus
3rd February 2009, 10:27
Same as last time, the heavy snow brings another winter of discontent.....:omg:

And the torys are banging at the door of parliament....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I like Chelsea blue colours......:xxgrinning--00xx3: