PDA

View Full Version : VIDEOKE - only in PINAS

amyburple
27th January 2009, 18:24
For a brief intro what is VIDEOKE - is a form of entertainment in which amateur singer sing along with recorded music using a microphone. The music is typically a well-known pop song (ex ABBA and the QUEEN) which has no lead vocal. Lyrics are usually displayed on a video screen, along with a moving symbol or changing color and/or music video images, to guide the singer.

Why Filipino's love to sing esp. in video Okie:):) hmm I guess that's already in our NATURE, But sad to say video okie is not my line of arts huhuhuhu :NoNo::NoNo::NoNo: I just CLAP my hands :appl::appl::appl::appl: and to say horaay, bravo :Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo:on the singer ahehehehhee, I don't have really the guts in singing in the public.. I'm so shy ;););) I love to sing alone only for my self ear :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

I can say MrsJmajor, Brenda and Jen (daughter of Jmajor) has a very fantastic VOICE --- pang Xfactor :Rasp::Rasp::Rasp::Rasp::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Who love's to sing here :Erm::Erm::Erm: You can join the CLUB :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

pennybarry
27th January 2009, 19:20
For a brief intro what is VIDEOKE - is a form of entertainment in which amateur singer sing along with recorded music using a microphone. The music is typically a well-known pop song (ex ABBA and the QUEEN) which has no lead vocal. Lyrics are usually displayed on a video screen, along with a moving symbol or changing color and/or music video images, to guide the singer.

Why Filipino's love to sing esp. in video Okie:):) hmm I guess that's already in our NATURE, But sad to say video okie is not my line of arts huhuhuhu :NoNo::NoNo::NoNo: I just CLAP my hands :appl::appl::appl::appl: and to say horaay, bravo :Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo:on the singer ahehehehhee, I don't have really the guts in singing in the public.. I'm so shy ;););) I love to sing alone only for my self ear :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

I can say MrsJmajor, Brenda and Jen (daughter of Jmajor) has a very fantastic VOICE --- pang Xfactor :Rasp::Rasp::Rasp::Rasp::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Who love's to sing here :Erm::Erm::Erm: You can join the CLUB :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Sorry but I don't sing anymore since I married my husband:Brick:

chris40
28th January 2009, 00:31
i noticed the philippino love of kareoke when i visited the philippines. even in the supermarkets food shopping i would hear an awful noise. i would look around to see someone on the kareoke !theres no escaping it.
but gradualy i overcome any shyness and i love to sing now even though i have,nt a good voice.
i have bought a kareoke machine and its waiting there for my wife when she gets here ,all going well hopefully in march or if i,m very lucky some time next month. i am speaking to a few local filippinas to invite to a party and i will use the kareoke then.

Mrs.JMajor
28th January 2009, 00:37
you didn't ask my permission that you gonna put that ugly picture Amy:Help1:

amyburple
28th January 2009, 04:11
Sorry but I don't sing anymore since I married my husband:Brick:

Sorry to hear that... Why your husband doesn't like it :Erm::Erm:

you didn't ask my permission that you gonna put that ugly picture Amy:Help1:

I don't think so it's ugly :):):) It's not face is the important, it's the fun and enjoyment is more important :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: Do you want me to put the naughtiest pict we had hahahahaha :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

amyburple
28th January 2009, 04:14
i noticed the philippino love of kareoke when i visited the philippines. even in the supermarkets food shopping i would hear an awful noise. i would look around to see someone on the kareoke !theres no escaping it.
but gradualy i overcome any shyness and i love to sing now even though i have,nt a good voice.
i have bought a kareoke machine and its waiting there for my wife when she gets here ,all going well hopefully in march or if i,m very lucky some time next month. i am speaking to a few local filippinas to invite to a party and i will use the kareoke then.

In the supermarket that's for advertisements... in the MALL they sell that MAGIC SING :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: Yes TRUE Filipino love to sing SUPER DUPER except me :Rasp::Rasp::Rasp: Ohhhh good to hear you bought karaoke machine for you wife :Rasp::Rasp::Rasp:

jencha8569
28th January 2009, 04:16
count me in, i love singing but the songs dont like me..lol
ask my hubby he knows:D

amyburple
28th January 2009, 04:21
count me in, i love singing but the songs dont like me..lol
ask my hubby he knows:D

hahahaha :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: I have hidden talents just for my ear lol :Rasp::Rasp::Rasp: Can't sing to many people. yes I do sing when we go to videoke with my hubby whn he's here but it's the two of us only :Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo:

sheila_ADY
28th January 2009, 04:42
I will Recommend ADY...he is a good Singer and Dancer. He likes to shake his butt while singing...lol.
Juliet paawat naman lol. Nice pics and great moments.

Mrs.JMajor
28th January 2009, 07:47
I will Recommend ADY...he is a good Singer and Dancer. He likes to shake his butt while singing...lol.
Juliet paawat naman lol. Nice pics and great moments.

Hi Shei,lol its not me who post it,:doh Im shy na nga eh,pictures everywhere :Help1: waahhhhh Amy you're fault:Brick:

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::xxgrinning--00xx3:

amyburple
28th January 2009, 09:53
Hi Shei,lol its not me who post it,:doh Im shy na nga eh,pictures everywhere :Help1: waahhhhh Amy you're fault:Brick:

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::xxgrinning--00xx3:
not my fault hahahahaha...

happymom2008
10th March 2009, 16:04
This is funny huh...I like to sing but the song dont like me...when im singing people around me will put thier hand in thier ears..I dont care as long as i can sing...Lucky me my husband is good in singing..He just say to me ooh honey i will sing it for u..just sit there..poor wifey....

nparvus1202
10th March 2009, 16:31
Origin of KARAOKE.

A Japanese and a Filipino enters a music bar, since the singer was on a half set (rest), a drunk got up to the stage, took the mic and begins to sing. He was so fascinated with his singing ,but everybody was so disgusted about his voice. The Japanese whispered to the Filipino " Kara oke" "Kara oke" ( akala niya okay , he thinks it's good). And that's how Karaoke started.

Mrs.JMajor
10th March 2009, 16:58
Origin of KARAOKE.

A Japanese and a Filipino enters a music bar, since the singer was on a half set (rest), a drunk got up to the stage, took the mic and begins to sing. He was so fascinated with his singing ,but everybody was so disgusted about his voice. The Japanese whispered to the Filipino " Kara oke" "Kara oke" ( akala niya okay , he thinks it's good). And that's how Karaoke started.

:icon_lol::Rasp:

mnemosyne
7th May 2009, 06:02
haha this is a nice anecdote:Rasp:

Florge
7th May 2009, 06:12
I love to sing! can i join?

estherboaz
7th May 2009, 07:34
can i join as well?

Tawi2
7th May 2009, 19:42
I love to sing! can i join?

Course you can,if you cant beat them join them :icon_lol: "Believe in gold...gold....always believe in your soul,you've got the power to know,your indestructable...................":ARsurrender::icon_lol::ARsurrender::CompBuster:'

Mrs Daddy
7th May 2009, 19:45
Course you can,if you cant beat them join them :icon_lol: "Believe in gold...gold....always believe in your soul,you've got the power to know,your indestructable...................":ARsurrender::icon_lol::ARsurrender::CompBuster:'

Is that you there tawi2:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tawi2
7th May 2009, 19:49
Yeah,it is,it was last year at a birthday party in North London,kind of embarrassing because it was gate crashed by some Iranians(one of the ladies boyfriends and his mates)who got slightly p**sed and broke several things,vomited on the carpet,and were generally having a good time :icon_lol: Funny party,I was delegated to be BBQ cook because I like cooking :icon_lol:

Tawi2
7th May 2009, 19:59
:icon_lol:This is the lady who'se BBQ it is,if she reads this congratulations Amy :xxgrinning--00xx3:She is about to get married :xxgrinning--00xx3:She had a BBQ party 2 years ago,summers day,about 40-50 pinays turned up,one lady who is seperated from her husband brought her 6 year old son,I like kids so we started to chat :icon_lol: He told me his mum has a "friend" from africa who comes over to the house sometimes :Erm: I asked him why does he come over?The little boy(what a chismoso)said He comes over when he is tired to sleep in mummys bed :omg::icon_lol:He said this in a loud voice,I never saw a lady as embarrassed as his mum :icon_lol::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Florge
8th May 2009, 07:45
:icon_lol:This is the lady who'se BBQ it is,if she reads this congratulations Amy :xxgrinning--00xx3:She is about to get married :xxgrinning--00xx3:She had a BBQ party 2 years ago,summers day,about 40-50 pinays turned up,one lady who is seperated from her husband brought her 6 year old son,I like kids so we started to chat :icon_lol: He told me his mum has a "friend" from africa who comes over to the house sometimes :Erm: I asked him why does he come over?The little boy(what a chismoso)said He comes over when he is tired to sleep in mummys bed :omg::icon_lol:He said this in a loud voice,I never saw a lady as embarrassed as his mum :icon_lol::xxgrinning--00xx3:

nyahahahahahahaha.... truly, kids don't lie... :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Florge
8th May 2009, 07:46
I'll buy a Magic Sing... so that I can get Manny Pacquiao's songs... LOL... baduuyyyyy.... Pilipino... Pilipino... Pilipino and lahi ko!! wooohoooo.....

lala
8th May 2009, 15:43

no one stops u to sing here or anywhere in the world for as long as our voice is brilliant, hmmmm wonder if im one of them...tsk tsk tsk sorry my husband said to me everytime i sing.....u give me headache..hahahhahaha he is just very honest..anyway its one of PINOY's culture...one way of expressing happiness or maybe heartaches.....but me i still love to sing.....our british neighbor lovin it.....

Mrs Daddy
8th May 2009, 16:30

you seems you are enjoying yourselves there:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Mrs.JMajor
8th May 2009, 16:56
Pssst,due respect to the thread owner....where is she ???:xxparty-smiley-004:

Tawi2
8th May 2009, 16:58
One thing I discovered about the scoring system on those video systems,the louder you yell the higher your final score,screech like a banshee if you want top marks of 100% :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Mrs Daddy
8th May 2009, 18:04
One thing I discovered about the scoring system on those video systems,the louder you yell the higher your final score,screech like a banshee if you want top marks of 100% :xxgrinning--00xx3:

agree:xxgrinning--00xx3::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Mrs Daddy
8th May 2009, 18:05
Pssst,due respect to the thread owner....where is she ???:xxparty-smiley-004:

I thought of that as well...

Florge
9th May 2009, 15:09
Oh... not the Xtreme magic sing... it's kuripot with the scores... my sister said Wow Magic Sing gives higher grades... lol

charlwill
9th May 2009, 15:46
Oh... not the Xtreme magic sing... it's kuripot with the scores... my sister said Wow Magic Sing gives higher grades... lol
I had an Xtreme Magic Sing and we do get higher score when me and my friends do the karaoke. We can get 100 and the lowest is 90. So, I don't believe that Xtreme Magic Sing is not good in giving scores.:Cuckoo::Cuckoo::Cuckoo:

Tawi2
9th May 2009, 15:50
Charl,I have "Sang" on several systems,they must be more in tune with Pinay voices because my highest score ever was 43 :Erm:Yet I have heard cats choirs and crowing roosters get 90-100 :Erm:

charlwill
9th May 2009, 16:00
Charl,I have "Sang" on several systems,they must be more in tune with Pinay voices because my highest score ever was 43 :Erm:Yet I have heard cats choirs and crowing roosters get 90-100 :Erm:
:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: Very true Tawi2, these system is more tune in in pinays. I know somebody who is out of tune when she sings but then she can get high as 99.... So, I guess karaoke is only a filipino thing.

Florge
9th May 2009, 16:40
I had an Xtreme Magic Sing and we do get higher score when me and my friends do the karaoke. We can get 100 and the lowest is 90. So, I don't believe that Xtreme Magic Sing is not good in giving scores.:Cuckoo::Cuckoo::Cuckoo:

You had it de-programmed!!! LOL... our xtreme magic sing is kuripot!!! :doh

charlwill
9th May 2009, 16:47
You had it de-programmed!!! LOL... our xtreme magic sing is kuripot!!! :doh
Nop, I haven't tried. The sittings still the same since day 1 and until now.

Florge
9th May 2009, 16:56
Nop, I haven't tried. The sittings still the same from the day 1 and until now.

errrr.... It was meant to be a joke... hehehe... good for you then... i'll try our xtreme magic sing again and shout at the top of my lungs and let's see if i get 100... :icon_lol::Rasp:

Tawi2
9th May 2009, 17:06
Careful about the neighbours,your only a short distance from Toril,and theres an old lady there I would like to have a peaceful mothers day :xxgrinning--00xx3: Maybe your singing was the cause of the earth tremor in Davao at the begining of april :Erm:

bornatbirth
9th May 2009, 20:06

your putting yourself down?...you must sing like an angel! :xxgrinning--00xx3::)

charlwill
9th May 2009, 22:11
your putting yourself down?...you must sing like an angel! :xxgrinning--00xx3::)
Am I? I dont think so! Lol, well maybe I have an angelic voice.

SurvivingAngel
11th May 2009, 10:41
Who love's to sing here :Erm::Erm::Erm: You can join the CLUB :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

I used to sing in a band before. I have stopped singing for good but last year when Keith and I went to an expats' club there was a duo, a guy playing the guitar and a female singer.

Keith made me go up on the stage for the first time in ten years. It made me, for a while, want to go back to singing but I was quick to realise that my age and motherhood had greatly changed my appearance. I am no longer marketable :bigcry:

Florge
11th May 2009, 12:19
Careful about the neighbours,your only a short distance from Toril,and theres an old lady there I would like to have a peaceful mothers day :xxgrinning--00xx3: Maybe your singing was the cause of the earth tremor in Davao at the begining of april :Erm:

hahahah... NO WAY! I wasn't in Davao last month :3::3:

Florge
11th May 2009, 12:21

I used to sing in a band before. I have stopped singing for good but last year when Keith and I went to an expats' club there was a duo, a guy playing the guitar and a female singer.

Keith made me go up on the stage for the first time in ten years. It made me, for a while, want to go back to singing but I was quick to realise that my age and motherhood had greatly changed my appearance. I am no longer marketable :bigcry:[/QUOTE]

There's no such thing as not marketable... people will look at your talent.. look at Susan Boyle.. she's got great talent.. :xxgrinning--00xx3: