PDA

View Full Version : Fiancee/Visitor Visa????

Fitzy
25th January 2009, 15:27
Hi there.

I was looking at the cost of UK Visas to bring my Fiancée home to the UK.
A standard 6 month visitor visa is £65, and a Fiancée Visa is £515!!!
What is the advantage with a Fiancée Visa please, as the costs vary quite so??

Cheers.

Philip....

darren-b
25th January 2009, 15:36
If you want your fiancee just to visit the UK for a short period (up to 6 months) then leave, then she can apply for a visitor visa. She may or may not be successfull.

A fiancee visa allows your fiancee to come to the UK with the intention of getting married within 6 months. You need to provide evidence of your relationship, and some people provide details of their wedding plans. Once you get married then you need to apply for another visa (FLR) though this can be done whilst in the UK. If you don't get married (within 6 months) your fiancee should leave the UK.

mavid
25th January 2009, 15:40
Hi Phil...the different between the two is:

Fiance Visa - you intend to marry within six months in the UK & live together as husband and wife afterwards.

Visit Visa - holiday/pleasure and needs to go back to the Philippines before her visa expires.

KeithD
25th January 2009, 16:31
Success rate for visitor visa for a fiancee is <10%

For a fiancee visa following the advice here 95%+

Take your pick.

Fitzy
25th January 2009, 18:59
Hmmmmm i thought so, I just wanted to confirm this after the little bits that i read on the net.
So is best to spend the money on the Fiancée visa, and be sure to get it:D
We have many holiday photos, emails to help us, and i have all the usual evidences of financial solvency payslips yada yada:)

I am hoping to not have to physically go back to do this, like i did with my Peruvian ex to be, lol

My past experiences with the consulate has told me there are no guarantees of success, even if one went to the country.

With a Fiancée visa, does she still have to have a return plane ticket like a visitor visa???

We intend to return to the Phils to get married by the way!

Thanks again guys.

Philip............

Ann07
25th January 2009, 19:16
Hmmmmm i thought so, I just wanted to confirm this after the little bits that i read on the net.
We have many holiday photos, emails to help us, and i have all the usual evidences of financial solvency payslips yada yada:)

I am hoping to not have to physically go back to do this, like i did with my Peruvian ex to be, lol

My past experiences with the consulate has told me there are no guarantees of success, even if one went to the country.

With a Fiancée visa, does she still have to have a return plane ticket like a visitor visa???

Thanks again guys.

Philip............

First of all congrats:)

When i travelled with a fiance visa its one way ticket only:) so my fiancee:icon_lol:): ( luckily husband now:icon_lol:) has got no choice but to marry me:icon_lol::icon_lol:

applying for a fiancee visa then get narried in the PI:doh:doh
I dont see the point of going here for a fiancee visa and then return to the PI for the wedding. Why not having it here? or get married in the PI and apply for a spousal visa:)

Goodluck:)

winner
25th January 2009, 19:21
if your going to marry in the philppines your need a visitor visa fiancee visa is only if you get married in the uk and you just need a oneway ticked for this and she dont have to go home

asiansmiler
25th January 2009, 19:34
this must be an exciting decision for you... take all the great advise here... you will not get lost... here we got all the experienced, and experts...

Jay&Zobel
25th January 2009, 19:59

Philip............

Fiancee Visa may be very expensive but worth it... But since you will be marying her in the Philippines, (in my opinion) best to be wed there first and apply for Spouse Visa (not Fiancee). This will save you lots of money, time and hassle in applying for a visa again...

Plus she will be able to work here without waiting for a 6-month period like the Fiancee Visa... Just a thought...

I was wed here... lol :D

flomike
25th January 2009, 22:35

Thanks again guys.

Philip............

if you apply for fiancee visa cost you £500+ then what return to Phils to get married apply for spouse visa for another £500+. If you get married to Phils apply for spouse visa you only pay one fee then just one way plane ticket...that's will save you a fortune.

well, i think money is not a problem for you so go for it:xxgrinning--00xx3:

darren-b
26th January 2009, 06:56
if you apply for fiancee visa cost you £500+ then what return to Phils to get married apply for spouse visa for another £500+. If you get married to Phils apply for spouse visa you only pay one fee then just one way plane ticket...that's will save you a fortune.

well, i think money is not a problem for you so go for it:xxgrinning--00xx3:

The problem is though a fiancee visa is granted on the basis that the marriage is going to happen in the UK. If you tell the ECO that you don't plan to marry in the UK then they might not grant the visa. Would never recommend telling lies to the ECO but in this case might get away with claiming that the marriage would happen in the UK (then you changed your mind later...).

Though as the aim is to sample life in the UK prior to getting married a visitor visa is the best option, but as mentioned many times there is no guarantees that it will be granted.

Fitzy
26th January 2009, 12:08
Thanks for all your helps peeps:D
Well, so sorry I forgot to mention, she will be coming here to stay for a while for some months to make sure she is happy being here, coz we both wanna be sure, lol
So, perhaps a visitor Visa will be the way forward, then return to the Phils to get married within the 6 months, get a Spouse Visa, then live happily ever after:)
I do understand that she will need a return ticket with a visitor Visa, but I will be going back with her anyway.
Before I forget I also need to find out from the Consulate the average processing times to get her Visa.
I just hope that they are helpful, lol

Thanks again.
This is a great Forum.

Philip....

Jay&Zobel
26th January 2009, 22:19
Thanks for all your helps peeps:D
Well, so sorry I forgot to mention, she will be coming here to stay for a while for some months to make sure she is happy being here, coz we both wanna be sure, lol
So, perhaps a visitor Visa will be the way forward, then return to the Phils to get married within the 6 months, get a Spouse Visa, then live happily ever after:)
I do understand that she will need a return ticket with a visitor Visa, but I will be going back with her anyway.
Before I forget I also need to find out from the Consulate the average processing times to get her Visa.
I just hope that they are helpful, lol

Thanks again.
This is a great Forum.

Philip....

SO RISKY MATE!!!

darren-b
26th January 2009, 23:13
SO RISKY MATE!!!

The only risk with a visitor visa is it may not be granted and you will lose your fee - a refusal will have no impact on any future visa applications. So long as you are prepared for being refused and then having to consider other options then there is no harm in trying if it is your prefered option.

joebloggs
27th January 2009, 07:10
The only risk with a visitor visa is it may not be granted and you will lose your fee - a refusal will have no impact on any future visa applications. So long as you are prepared for being refused and then having to consider other options then there is no harm in trying if it is your prefered option.

normally it wouldn't but if you've had a couple of refusals in the past, then your past immigration history will be an secondary excuse to refuse you again/another visa :doh

Jay&Zobel
28th January 2009, 04:19
normally it wouldn't but if you've had a couple of refusals in the past, then your past immigration history will be an secondary excuse to refuse you again/another visa :doh

Thanks Joe!