PDA

View Full Version : Frustrated with RBS Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

benb
19th January 2009, 16:52
Bought them at £6.58 per share last year. Now why did i do that?

Now they are worth 11p per share. :doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:

Even big banks are not safe, thanks to greedy bankers.

bornatbirth
19th January 2009, 18:04

Now they are worth 11p per share. :doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:

:icon_lol: im sorry to laugh

KeithD
19th January 2009, 18:52
Should have bought into bookmakers :)

benb
19th January 2009, 19:11
Should have bought into bookmakers :)

I totally agree. :( maybe its not too late now.

somebody
19th January 2009, 19:54
Oucch seriously im not in finance or the city but I had heard rbs/natwest had the weakest book last year ( i have money in Natwest so was a concern) and remeber posting it on here. RBS shoulsd be ok as it will be backed to the hilt by the Goverment we all pay later thou.

You dont have shares in Barclays do you? Now they really have upset the goverment with their memory loss, snubing the goverments help and going abroad...

I have no reason to belive its Barclays.

But its rumoured that the Goverment belive that one bank has to go now, possibly part of one of Gordon Baldricks cunning plans.

joebloggs
19th January 2009, 20:13

because you got greedy to :doh

i got caught out many years ago with buying Deutsche telecom shares, bought them and the dot.com crash happened, and i had to sell them for a 1/3 of the price i bought them for :yikes::cwm23::furious3::doh

KeithD
19th January 2009, 22:38
I totally agree. :( maybe its not too late now.
Nope :xxgrinning--00xx3:

benb
19th January 2009, 23:46
Oucch seriously im not in finance or the city but I had heard rbs/natwest had the weakest book last year ( i have money in Natwest so was a concern) and remeber posting it on here. RBS shoulsd be ok as it will be backed to the hilt by the Goverment we all pay later thou.

You dont have shares in Barclays do you? Now they really have upset the goverment with their memory loss, snubing the goverments help and going abroad...

I have no reason to belive its Barclays.

But its rumoured that the Goverment belive that one bank has to go now, possibly part of one of Gordon Baldricks cunning plans.

I've given up now. Assumed banks were a safe investment.

because you got greedy to :doh

i got caught out many years ago with buying Deutsche telecom shares, bought them and the dot.com crash happened, and i had to sell them for a 1/3 of the price i bought them for :yikes::cwm23::furious3::doh

Oh well, its all a gamble.

no holiday for me this year.

Cheers

KeithD
20th January 2009, 10:18
Oh well, its all a gamble.
Always has been, and must be treated as such, but as with the Lottery, and bookmakers, it revolves around the potential of greed for the majority of folk. You need to play the long term stats, not the markets, as well as bank management and risk control, same as any professional gambler.

somebody
21st January 2009, 19:23
Always has been, and must be treated as such, but as with the Lottery, and bookmakers, it revolves around the potential of greed for the majority of folk. You need to play the long term stats, not the markets, as well as bank management and risk control, same as any professional gambler.

Also from what i see its all about what you know ie being ITK and knowing it before anyone else.