PDA

View Full Version : british jobs for british workers, oh and europeans)

joebloggs
18th January 2009, 23:45
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/politics/4278212/Crackdown-on-skilled-migrants-to-help-UK-jobless.html

Jacqui Smith, the Home Secretary, said British people who were out of a job should in future get the "first crack of the whip" at tens of thousands of skilled posts which fall vacant every year.

In particular, companies are to be told they must advertise vacancies in the JobCentre Plus network in Britain before filling them with skilled immigrants.

common sense at last !, the system has been abused, now the screw has turned even tighter on non european workers

walesrob
18th January 2009, 23:48
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/politics/4278212/Crackdown-on-skilled-migrants-to-help-UK-jobless.html

Jacqui Smith, the Home Secretary, said British people who were out of a job should in future get the "first crack of the whip" at tens of thousands of skilled posts which fall vacant every year.

In particular, companies are to be told they must advertise vacancies in the JobCentre Plus network in Britain before filling them with skilled immigrants.

common sense at last !, the system has been abused, now the screw has turned even tighter on non european workers

Translation = Labour getting ready for a general election.

LadyJ
18th January 2009, 23:53
They should have done this ages ago...

More soundbites from a busted and desperate party.

joebloggs
19th January 2009, 00:28
they should have done this in the first place with work permits, the employer was suppose to advertise the job, and if they could prove to the HO that no brits applied or were not suitable then they could be given a work permit, but this was abused by some employers who didn't advertise the job as they were suppose to and get people into the uk this way. but good news if the job has to go on jobcentreplus :xxgrinning--00xx3:

aromulus
19th January 2009, 07:50
they should have done this in the first place with work permits, the employer was suppose to advertise the job, and if they could prove to the HO that no brits applied or were not suitable then they could be given a work permit, but this was abused by some employers who didn't advertise the job as they were suppose to and get people into the uk this way. but good news if the job has to go on jobcentreplus :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I can tell you now, that it will never happen......:NoNo:

This lot have been blaring for years about what they will do, and as the record stands, they done :censored: all, on all fronts.....:doh

As Rob said, it is all posturing in view of an oncoming general election.
I suspect that there will be more to come, things that people wants to hear, etc.:Brick:

joebloggs
19th January 2009, 19:27
oh i think it will happen, makes sense, any job should be advertised on jobcentre plus b4 a work permit can be issued..

the gov has already suspended tier 3.

The United Kingdom will phase out low-skilled migration coming from outside of the European Union as part of sweeping changes to its immigration laws. Low-skilled migration is intended to be regulated under Tier 3 of the new points system, but plans to implement Tier 3 have been "indefinitely suspended."

also maybe for teir1 they could raise the income you need to be earning to be able to come here..

things are happening now , and non Europeans are going to suffer the most

somebody
19th January 2009, 20:05
Bit stupid now many skilled Brits are now looking for a job of course many Companies will advertise in the UK first:doh

Its like me saying you can all have a day off work on Christmas

joebloggs
19th January 2009, 20:27
Bit stupid now many skilled Brits are now looking for a job of course many Companies will advertise in the UK first:doh

Its like me saying you can all have a day off work on Christmas

some dodgy companies have abused it, putting a small ad in a local paper,getting family members into the uk using the work permit. also paying people less than they should :NoNo:

somebody
19th January 2009, 20:48
some dodgy companies have abused it, putting a small ad in a local paper,getting family members into the uk using the work permit. also paying people less than they should :NoNo:

Or looking for Punjabi/Urdu/mongolian speakers and cooked on tandoors for ten years, i know what you mean.

But a lot of the jobs where somehow entire IT firms are staffed by non eu Visa holders (one i can think of requires mcses and mscas etc) But it pays little more than minimum wage are the ones im thinking of.

joebloggs
19th January 2009, 21:03
booked the misses for journey south andy, first class ticket only £34 a bargain :xxgrinning--00xx3: could have got it cheaper but she wanted to go 1st..

not going 1st back thou.. standard class £28 :xxgrinning--00xx3:

cheaper than last time :yikes: just hopes she passes 2wks tomoz :doh

somebody
19th January 2009, 21:24
booked the misses for journey south andy, first class ticket only £34 a bargain :xxgrinning--00xx3: could have got it cheaper but she wanted to go 1st..

not going 1st back thou.. standard class £28 :xxgrinning--00xx3:

cheaper than last time :yikes: just hopes she passes 2wks tomoz :doh

Joe the cheapskate:D

May I wish her good luck on Feb the 2nd and may the shower taps be easier to use:D:xxgrinning--00xx3: