PDA

View Full Version : SMART’s Plug ‘N Talk

darren-b
16th January 2009, 08:13
Has anyone got SMART’s Plug ‘N Talk yet? Basically it's a VOIP client that comes with a USB stick that takes a SIM card. The text prices are only P1 or P2 and though the call rates to Philppines phones are not the lowest I've seen they are not that bad - would be a lot better if the pound was stronger :bigcry:

The nice things about it is it free to receive calls (guess it's normal Philippines mobile rates to call), you can load it online, and it does support Pasaload.

I'm tempted to buy one when we're out in the Philippines over Easter

somebody
16th January 2009, 19:43
Just reading up.

be intresting if smart sell in the UK.

The text mesages looks a good idea and i think the mobile calls is 6.5 pesoc a min which a tad expensive compared to other services here at the moment like you say due to the exchange rate.

Was reading its part voip and part switched but only had a quick search.

heres some info i found

http://gerry.ws/2008/12/419/smart-plug-‘n-talk-lower-call-rates-for-filipinos-abroad.html

Fitzy
13th February 2009, 20:47
Hmmm looks interesting that!!
Will look in to it, thank you.
At the moment, i use chikka txt messenger to call the Philippines, but when my girl comes to london, she can use her smart sim in it

darren-b
18th April 2009, 14:13
Actually did buy one of these a couple of days ago, and as we are now back in the UK just trying it out. It seems to work ok (at least on XP, didn't seem to work on Vista).

Was a bit of a joke trying to buy one as the guy in the Smart Wireless Center in Bacolod claimed they wouldn't work abroad (didn't have time to argue with him...) and the Smart Wireless Center in Rockwell Center, Makati didn't have any stock, so ended up going to the Smart Tower.