PDA

View Full Version : Schengen Visa

JoGr
15th January 2009, 14:29
I currently live in Holland but I am a UK citizen. I would like to apply for a fiancee visa for Schengen but I have a few questions as it is unclear.

1. Would need to get my girl a UK fiancee visa first?
2. Can I apply straight for Schengen Visa?
3. Does she need to sit the civil integration exams? (the form is unclear but states she wouldnt need to if living with a EU citizen)

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

darren-b
15th January 2009, 16:23
questions 1 and 2 are easy. You do not need to apply for a uk visa first.

JoGr
20th January 2009, 11:01
thanks! :)

"the foreign national is not required to take the civic integration
examination abroad as he/she wishes to come to the
Netherlands to stay as a family member with a holder of a
permanent or temporary asylum residence permit, or to stay
with an EU citizen, or to stay for the purpose of visiting family,
adoption, work as an employee (with the exception of work as a
spiritual leader or teacher of religious knowledge), as a selfemployed
person on the basis of an international treaty,
exchange, study, as an au pair, or for the purpose of undergoing
medical treatment. This also applies to the foreign national’s
family members"

I assume from this on the application form that she wouldn't need to do the test....? Anyone know for sure?

istranghero3000
26th May 2009, 21:29
Hello to every one....

I would like to invite my mother and my sister to come here in england,and I am a bristish citizen now and we would like to go to Paris and Belgium this summer i know that UK is not part of the schengen visa but its part of the EU country do you think is it possible if i can sponsore them to get a visa to get a schengen visa even if im from england.

any comments and suggestion will help.....

thanks....

joeceline
25th June 2009, 12:58
hi! anybody could help me? i have fiance from France and we are planning to get marry in France.. what are the requirements needed for me to be able to get a visa? what are the requirements in marrying a french national? french embassy in manila don't issue such fiance visa. what do we have to do? apply on my own tourist visa or i will let him sponsor me for the purpose of marrying me?

thanks in advance!

johncar54
25th June 2009, 16:23
I currently live in Holland but I am a UK citizen. I would like to apply for a fiancee visa for Schengen but I have a few questions as it is unclear.

1. Would need to get my girl a UK fiancee visa first?
2. Can I apply straight for Schengen Visa?
3. Does she need to sit the civil integration exams? (the form is unclear but states she wouldnt need to if living with a EU citizen)

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

1- No connection betwen UK and Schengen Land.

2- There is no such thing as a fiancée visa in Schengen Land. It would be a tourist visa, but it may not be that easy to obtain, unless your finacee has substantial property holding, great job, subtabnatila savings etc i.e. very good reasons for not over staying.

In our case we married in Phil, then the Schengen Visa for Spain was easy, after getting through the Phil paperwork, but that was not Spain’s’ fault (except that they were the colonial power for 300 years so taught them ‘Manaña’ that can mean ‘not today’.

3- No such thing as an exam for Schengen.

johncar54
25th June 2009, 16:26
hi! anybody could help me? i have fiance from France and we are planning to get marry in France.. what are the requirements needed for me to be able to get a visa? what are the requirements in marrying a french national? french embassy in manila don't issue such fiance visa. what do we have to do? apply on my own tourist visa or i will let him sponsor me for the purpose of marrying me?

thanks in advance!

See my post above

All Schengen requirement are the same in all Schengen Countries

joeceline
27th June 2009, 07:12
See my post above

All Schengen requirement are the same in all Schengen Countries

would you think this will work, we will go to other country like Sri Lanka or Thailand and get married there then go back to france as a married woman and apply my resident visa... how long is the process if we will do that? do you know anybody who done the same?

johncar54
27th June 2009, 07:27
would you think this will work, we will go to other country like Sri Lanka or Thailand and get married there then go back to france as a married woman and apply my resident visa... how long is the process if we will do that? do you know anybody who done the same?

If you are married then I don't see any problem to you your spouse being allowed to join you in any Schengen country but it would seem you are creating unnecessary problems (paperwork, explaining why you married somewhere else, hoping the consulate will know how to deal with an unusual set of circumstances etc) by thinking of involving another country. Why not get married in Phil? Then its more or less straightforward.

joeceline
27th June 2009, 11:50
If you are married then I don't see any problem to you your spouse being allowed to join you in any Schengen country but it would seem you are creating unnecessary problems (paperwork, explaining why you married somewhere else, hoping the consulate will know how to deal with an unusual set of circumstances etc) by thinking of involving another country. Why not get married in Phil? Then its more or less straightforward.

because we want to live together after the marriage. if we marry in Phils we have to wait for the visa to be granted. Is it really like that we have to explain why we have to marry somewhere else? or once we submit all the necessary documents translated into french once we are married everything will be ok. or maybe i will instead apply for tourist visa then get marry in france? If he will sponsor me and include in the letter the main purpose of me requesting for tourist visa is to get marry there since they dont have fiance visa we instead request for a tourist. would u think the embassy will understand that we want to get married in France first?

i can apply for my own tourist visa but the problem is i can only request for 30days stay since i have work in Phils. i dont think 30days can accommodate the marriage documentation. not sure though.

Arthur Little
27th June 2009, 11:56
To: JoGr, istranghero3000 and joeceline [our latest recruits] ... Welcome all three!!! :):):)

johncar54
27th June 2009, 12:26
because we want to live together after the marriage. if we marry in Phils we have to wait for the visa to be granted. Is it really like that we have to explain why we have to marry somewhere else? or once we submit all the necessary documents translated into french once we are married everything will be ok. or maybe i will instead apply for tourist visa then get marry in france? If he will sponsor me and include in the letter the main purpose of me requesting for tourist visa is to get marry there since they dont have fiance visa we instead request for a tourist. would u think the embassy will understand that we want to get married in France first?

i can apply for my own tourist visa but the problem is i can only request for 30days stay since i have work in Phils. i dont think 30days can accommodate the marriage documentation. not sure though.

Please do not get confused by the procedures in different countries, just be concerned with the country you are going to and only ask the consulate of that country. All countries are different and people give confusing advice when they do not knw.

As I have written here previously, it is VERY difficult to get a tourist visa for Schengen Area and I don't think that a tourist visa would give you the right to get married here.

If you marry in Phil, (and your husband to be brings the papers he needs, you can do the counseling and get married in a few days) once you have the paperwork from the Phil Gov (NSO, Malacañang etc) you can apply for a visa, you do not have to wait, just for the appointment.

Schengen countries are not like the UK where I believe you have to wait. Our friend (Englishman living in Spain) recently married my wife's best friend in Manila. It took a couple of months to get the visa (about 3 weeks after the paper were presented) with no problems, no questions, no exams etc. again not like UK.

If you apply anywhere you would still need the paperwork to support the visa application and I think you have more problems as another country would be involved. In Phil you would be dealing with, in the main, Filipinos and people who speak Tagalog and English. It say Thailand you may need to speak Thai.

Arthur Little
27th June 2009, 12:27
questions 1 and 2 are easy. You do not need to apply for a uk visa first.

:Erm: Darren, since I can see you're clearly knowledgeable on visa issues, I wonder if I might "pick your brains" as to the precise documents Myrna & I would require to bring with us if we were to present ourselves at the French Consulate in person. We're still contemplating treating ourselves to a belated honeymoon in Paris, and there's a consular office in Edinburgh ... which is only 44 miles from Perth. I'd tried phoning them some time ago but, pleasant as the lady who answered sounded, the difficulty I had in following her native accent [despite the fact that she spoke in English] was compounded by the fact that I have hearing problems ...

gracia143
28th June 2009, 11:29
Hello to every one....

I would like to invite my mother and my sister to come here in england,and I am a bristish citizen now and we would like to go to Paris and Belgium this summer i know that UK is not part of the schengen visa but its part of the EU country do you think is it possible if i can sponsore them to get a visa to get a schengen visa even if im from england.

any comments and suggestion will help.....

thanks....

You may well be aware that your Mum and Sis will need two seperate visas (one for the UK and a Schengen) it might help their Schengen application if you will show the authorities that you are willing and able to support them whilst in Europe but as far as I know 'they' as the applicants would also need to submit proof of their finances e.g. 3 months bank statements with sufficient funds on it. I hope this helps. Some of the members might be able to give you some more insights as well. Good luck!

darren-b
29th June 2009, 07:28
:Erm: Darren, since I can see you're clearly knowledgeable on visa issues, I wonder if I might "pick your brains" as to the precise documents Myrna & I would require to bring with us if we were to present ourselves at the French Consulate in person. We're still contemplating treating ourselves to a belated honeymoon in Paris, and there's a consular office in Edinburgh ... which is only 44 miles from Perth. I'd tried phoning them some time ago but, pleasant as the lady who answered sounded, the difficulty I had in following her native accent [despite the fact that she spoke in English] was compounded by the fact that I have hearing problems ...

The only things we've ever taken is the completed application form (obviously....), both our passports, our marriage certificate, and details of travel insurance. The travel insurance I don't actually believe is mandatory, but they are definately happier if you have it.

Arthur Little
29th June 2009, 11:18
The only things we've ever taken is the completed application form (obviously....), both our passports, our marriage certificate, and details of travel insurance. The travel insurance I don't actually believe is mandatory, but they are definately happier if you have it.

Much obliged; thanks, Darren. :xxgrinning--00xx3: