PDA

View Full Version : Stocks & Shares in Philippines?

nigel
12th January 2009, 22:06
Hello everyone!:Hellooo:

I was wondering if anyone knows about Stocks & Shares in Philippines? Do you know anyone who buys Stocks & Shares out there?:Erm:

Thanks for replies!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
12th January 2009, 23:21
:icon_lol: You kidding right? :rolleyes:

somebody
12th January 2009, 23:33

I was wondering if anyone knows about Stocks & Shares in Philippines? Do you know anyone who buys Stocks & Shares out there?:Erm:

I know several friends and family who work in and around the pse and financial sector.

Why you going to trade out there sir?

Much smaller than the UKs market and seems to be dominated by the big corps. Lots of propety companies being traded, with wild swings from the little i see.

http://www.pse.com.ph/

There you go sir

nigel
12th January 2009, 23:40
Thanks for the link!:xxgrinning--00xx3: I'm just curious I guess..hehe

joebloggs
13th January 2009, 00:36
there one born every minute :doh

oh ....... :peepwall:

:D

lavander
13th January 2009, 00:51

Hi Nigel,
I do have some stock in the BDO and BPI, i bought it 2yrs ago but due to current situtation my investment cost half of it compare to when i bought it... This is the best time to buy i guess since the unit price is at its lowest but unfortunately the holiday just passed by and you know when u are working oversease and you spend your holiday in the Phlippines with your family and friends, its like treating half of your community for all the blessings you've got... am not complaining definitely as i love the thought of sharing....

So yah, i like to fund more my things but am back to square one again in terms of savings!...:)

...my share.....:)

Lavander

PeterB
13th January 2009, 02:27
This is the best time to buy i guess since the unit price is at its lowest...

I wouldn't be so sure of that ... there may be some more big falls to come!

lavander
13th January 2009, 04:42
maybe ur right PeterB, i put my assumption based on the monitoring i am doing for the past days... lets see where this will heads of...

Lavander

vbkelly
13th January 2009, 12:06
if you have a money just do a time deposit Php100.000.00 above is 10 percent/per anum

bornatbirth
13th January 2009, 12:15
the only investment i have made is in my wife the returns are looking very good:xxgrinning--00xx3:

as for investing in the philipino economy :Erm: i think i will give that a miss:Cuckoo:

Ana_may365
13th January 2009, 12:27
i do have also but it is in metro bank.and also open it two years ago.

fred
13th January 2009, 12:33
the only investment i have made is in my wife the returns are looking very good:xxgrinning--00xx3:

as for investing in the philipino economy :Erm: i think i will give that a miss:Cuckoo:

The Philippine economy has been growing faster than any other country that I can think of in Asia for the last few years..
I have invested in one particular mining company based in Toledo,Cebu..Bought the shares for a Peso and sold them for 19 Pesos about 2 years ago.
Was watching BBC world business a few days ago..A US trader reckons that the there are some real bargains on the PSE right now.. Might start researching some of em..
Still far to early to invest though as it is in any world market you could choose to mention.

nigel
13th January 2009, 16:14
Thanks for all your replies guys! I have read them with great interest!:xxgrinning--00xx3: Why the pessimism though?:Erm: Certainly there's less oppurtunities to make money on the stock market right now...but there's still oppurtunities!:xxgrinning--00xx3: I do something called spread betting, you can make money even when stocks go down in spread betting..tell your broker to sell a certain stock and then buy it back when it's cheaper!:) The savings your broker makes go in your pocket! (Minus his spread cost's..)

benb
13th January 2009, 16:56
Nowadays, its largely down to luck. Its so complex to predict. You really need inside information and market reacts within seconds.

If you have money to spare, then go for it.

Good Luck.

cheesewiz
14th January 2009, 20:13
Nigel..you might be right in investing in Phils:rolleyes: sorry don't know how to put links:NoNo:

SWISS BANK PUTS PHILIPPINES AS BEST PLACE TO INVEST IN

RP has lowest macroeconomic risk in Asia - Credit Suisse

MANILA, Jan. 14

The Philippines has the lowest macroeconomic risk in Asia, indicating it is the most ideal place in the region to invest in, the latest report of Switzerland-based Credit Suisse has revealed.

The country has macro risk score of 46, compared to China at 54 and Thailand at 70. Low scores indicate less risks of investing in a country.

The global market equity report ranked the Philippines no. 1 among Asian countries, except Japan, because of its current account surplus, domestic sales exposure and net commodity exports.

'The Philippines, China and Thailand look the most attractive on this measure,' it noted.

The Philippine current account balance recorded an average of 2.5 percent of gross domestic product (GDP) compared to Thailand at 1.4 percent and China at 4.3 percent.

Current account balance is the difference between a country's income from foreign sources and foreign obligations payable, excluding net capital investment.

'We prefer the countries with current account surpluses,' it noted. 'This is critical factor, for if a current account deficit cannot be financed, either the currency has to weaken or there has to be domestic deflation.'

The Philippines posted a surplus in its current account balance with a ratio of three percent to GDP.

This means that when a country's current account balance is positive, also known as running a surplus, the country is a net lender to the rest of the world.

The Credit Suisse noted these factors make markets in Asia better investment destinations than other emerging markets and nearly all developed countries.

It pointed out share prices in emerging markets in Asia have cheaper valuations and offer stronger returns on equity investments.