PDA

View Full Version : Hmmmm...that sounds good to me !!

Mrs.JMajor
12th January 2009, 02:56
So, what can you say about this...................

11 January 2009
Passports blunders cost £1/2m
By Rachael Bletchly

Travellers who had trips ruined by Passport Service cock-ups have claimed £500,000 in compensation in the past five years, figures show.

Eight people a day have claimed back cash since 2004 - a total of 14,500 - over passport and visa application bungles.

Britain's busiest office in Durham paid one claimant £2,000 for the loss of a holiday plus expenses.

http://www.people.co.uk/news/tm_headline=passports-blunders-cost-pound-1-2m&method=full&objectid=21032286&siteid=93463-name_page.html

KeithD
12th January 2009, 10:19
So, what can you say about this...................

Computer says NO! :Erm:

nigel
12th January 2009, 22:11
14,500 cock ups?:yikes: Those hopeless incompetent bunch of :furious3:

joebloggs
13th January 2009, 00:27
mrs major i'm more shocked at where you got the story from 'the people' :icon_lol::D:icon_lol:

what you doing reading that :censored:, only good for :action-smiley-081: when you've no toilet paper left :NoNo:

Mrs.JMajor
13th January 2009, 01:05
awww a good friend of mine send me the link,shes so happy about it,as she was applied for fiancee visa and it granted ,but shes on annulments process,

how ever the court decision didnt come up w/ that 6 months,so they both tried for extension of her fiancee visa,but then the immigration declined the extension,so what she did is,go back home

shocking !! just realized,even hubby laugh on me,that newspaper isn't one of the best :D:Cuckoo:

PeterB
13th January 2009, 02:30
even hubby laugh on me,that newspaper isn't one of the best

I'm sure that your distinguished namesake wouldn't be happy to have a Daily People reader in the family.

darren-b
13th January 2009, 08:12
awww a good friend of mine send me the link,shes so happy about it,as she was applied for fiancee visa and it granted ,but shes on annulments process,

how ever the court decision didnt come up w/ that 6 months,so they both tried for extension of her fiancee visa,but then the immigration declined the extension,so what she did is,go back home

shocking !! just realized,even hubby laugh on me,that newspaper isn't one of the best :D:Cuckoo:

Just curious why your friend is so happy about this?

Mrs.JMajor
13th January 2009, 10:13
here is it a bit of explanation,http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?t=13068
she told me it was quite good news that maybe they gonna win over the appeal,maybe she thought that the office will gonna pay them back refusing for her extension:D