PDA

View Full Version : Japanese Efficiency

scotsfiancee
20th September 2006, 08:52
Demands of Kidnapper & Release Negotiations

"I have 3 demands or I'll kill the boy!"

Negotiators assess the situation from next door.

Head Negotiator dispatched.

Negotiations begin.

Negotiations conclude.

Everyone goes home in time for dinner.

(Well, almost everyone...)

In America,and Britain, we would assume this guy is innocent and we would attempt to discuss the situation for hours, maybe even a day or longer. Give him a fair trial, find him guilty send him to prison for a few years. When he gets out, he will most likely do something stupid again.

While in prison he will have a roof over his head, watch cable TV, eat and maybe learn the law and before we know it he'll sue the police negotiator and local and federal governments.

All this and more is paid for with our tax dollars!!!

In Japan - They keep their expenses and valuable time extremely minimized!

russ01539
20th September 2006, 16:58
And Japan is a virtually crime free country, due mainly to idealized theology regarding the Emporer, its 'shame' system and culture in general. They only let fly when at war as we have all learned.

Personally I thought the old British system was the best - it was a case of the police would think hmmmmmmmm..... he looks like a criminal, grab him, put him on a boat to Australia and thats all that over and done with.... next.

I suppose being shipped to Australia was light relief compared to the Germans - they'd just send you for a shower :yikes:

francesca
30th October 2006, 19:57
The japanese are more civilized I suppose?