PDA

View Full Version : UK government to snoop on our emails

walesrob
9th January 2009, 08:28
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7819230.stm

So Gordon wants to know who you are emailing, but will not want to know the contents of the email. :doh

And they want to set up a central database for this and other "information" they have about us. :doh

As soon as I get the money, I'm getting out of this daft country. Might be a while though. :rolleyes:

KeithD
9th January 2009, 10:55
The secret service has been scanning them for years. Nothing to hide so I couldn't care less.

They can have my DNA from a sperm sample, but Gordon will have to get it himself :omg:

darren-b
9th January 2009, 13:37
agreed, it's definately not a new thing. I work for a large ISP and email logs have been kept for a long time and given to to the police, etc when requested.

somebody
9th January 2009, 13:49
The secret service has been scanning them for years. Nothing to hide so I couldn't care less.

They can have my DNA from a sperm sample, but Gordon will have to get it himself :omg:

He may well take you up on that offer:D

Be handy if you delete a mail by accident then just ring up the goverment:D

walesrob
9th January 2009, 19:17
agreed, it's definately not a new thing. I work for a large ISP and email logs have been kept for a long time and given to to the police, etc when requested.

So if I am using an email hosting service who is based in New York (Tuffmail if you've ever heard of it), and has servers in America, and I send email always through their own secure SMTP servers not my ISP email servers, surely my ISP cannot trace any emails I send. :Erm:

darren-b
9th January 2009, 19:53
So if I am using an email hosting service who is based in New York (Tuffmail if you've ever heard of it), and has servers in America, and I send email always through their own secure SMTP servers not my ISP email servers, surely my ISP cannot trace any emails I send. :Erm:

Yup, you're pretty hidden from the eyes of the UK government. Whether you're hidden from the eyes of the US government is another question...

somebody
9th January 2009, 20:05
I saw an article the other day that now the Police have the power to bug your pc, via software or hardware. So I will be keeping an eye out to see if any seals are broken on me laptop or look a little to new.

Blimey we get closer to 1984 as we move further from it.

KeithD
9th January 2009, 20:41
I've been bugging the police for years :D

jimeve
9th January 2009, 20:50
I've been bugging the police for years :D

thought at first you said buggering.

:omg:

somebody
9th January 2009, 20:53

He cant resist a man in a Uniform

walesrob
9th January 2009, 21:00
Yup, you're pretty hidden from the eyes of the UK government.

So my sheep activities are safe :cwm12:

Whether you're hidden from the eyes of the US government is another question...

Unless "sheep control" is something that may interest them :D

somebody
9th January 2009, 23:00
So my sheep activities are safe :cwm12:

Unless "sheep control" is something that may interest them :D

Kind of lucky your Email does not go via Aus or new zealand:D

joebloggs
10th January 2009, 02:25

i thought he said bung the police, i was wondering how scouser Keith was able to be on the run for so long without the long arm of the law catching up with him.. :Erm:

well if the cops are reading this could they please delete all the spam mail i get in my gmail account, its getting out of hand again :xxgrinning--00xx3:

somebody
10th January 2009, 11:51
i thought he said bung the police, i was wondering how scouser Keith was able to be on the run for so long without the long arm of the law catching up with him.. :Erm:

well if the cops are reading this could they please delete all the spam mail i get in my gmail account, its getting out of hand again :xxgrinning--00xx3:

As the recession bites the goverment could employ people to clear up the spam for you, get rid of all the emails you dont need after a certain date (you know daily alerts etc)

So loft laying and email what else can we suggest Brown does to be the saviour of the world:Erm: