PDA

View Full Version : Text messages lost in limbo!

reginacarlson
8th January 2009, 19:00
I don't know what's wrong with my UK Vodaphone sim! :Erm: It's selective when it comes to receiving and sending texts ONLY from/to the Philippines :doh and it's really irritating!

New Year's eve, my mom sent me a message (via Smart network) to greet me a happy new year but I didn't receive it! If I hadn't called to greet them as well I wouldn't have known. Anyway, knowing how busy the network traffic really gets during the holidays I've decided to let it go.. but today it happened again! :cwm23:

It's my sister's 17th birthday so I sent a text message yesterday as soon as the clock strikes midnight (08JAN) in the Philippines hoping to be one of the first to greet her and guess what??? it didn't arrive!!! (she's using Sun by the way) :cwm23: I only found this out when I called home to greet her and see what their "handa" was...

It's really frustrating! who knows how many messages I've missed from family and friends in the Philippines since Christmas perhaps? :NoNo:

Right now I'm trying to register my Vodaphone mobile no. on Chikka for the nth time and it keeps saying that the password has been sent to my mobile but I'm not receiving any! :bigcry:

CRAP!!! :Blacklistthatsucks:

kimmi
8th January 2009, 19:11
hi Regina, I used to experience that before with my phone and I understand how u feel..why don't u try SKYPE?

KeithD
8th January 2009, 19:21
It'll be the network in da Phil.....as reliable as an Israeli security force protecting a UN aid convoy in Palestine :doh

reginacarlson
8th January 2009, 19:32
hi Regina, I used to experience that before with my phone and I understand how u feel..why don't u try SKYPE?
Thanks Kimmi :), I'll give Skype a go.

It'll be the network in da Phil.....as reliable as an Israeli security force protecting a UN aid convoy in Palestine :doh
I guess you're right Boss Keith and it really sucks! :furious3:

somebody
8th January 2009, 20:59
google vodafone e forum and ask the same question they may be able to help or others may be suffering from the same problem.

If Vodafone are charging you then let them know whats happening.

The vodafone e forum is one of the best ways to contact vodafone from experience.

bornatbirth
8th January 2009, 21:10
the last time i was in the philipines my mobile never worked i tryed many texts but none ever worked,i couldnt send or receive any texts but i got the bill for all of them!!!

i guess it was the signal in the philipines?

KeithD
8th January 2009, 21:29
I send my texts by post to the Phil! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

somebody
8th January 2009, 23:26
Both the Wife and I have never known of a problem.

Have people only had the problem recently?

Who were the Networks involved?

PAYG or Contract?

Mrs.JMajor
9th January 2009, 02:45
[QUOTE=reginacarlson;106758] I'll give Skype a go.

But don't either trust so much on SKYPE,as hubby used that to me,and yes some text goes to limbo as well :NoNo:

reginacarlson
9th January 2009, 03:23
Both the Wife and I have never known of a problem.

Have people only had the problem recently?

Who were the Networks involved?

PAYG or Contract?

Hello Somebody. I'm using a UK pay as you go sim from Vodaphone to receive and make outgoing texts to Smart and Sun network postpaid subscribers in the Philippines.

Hhmm perhaps I should try sending a text message to my brother, he's using Globe (on contract) and see if he gets it...:Erm:

simplelife
9th January 2009, 03:28
[QUOTE=reginacarlson;106758] I'll give Skype a go.

But don't either trust so much on SKYPE,as hubby used that to me,and yes some text goes to limbo as well :NoNo:

yes. same here . My Hubby used it before and had same problem. :NoNo:

somebody
9th January 2009, 14:17
Hello Somebody. I'm using a UK pay as you go sim from Vodaphone to receive and make outgoing texts to Smart and Sun network postpaid subscribers in the Philippines.

Hhmm perhaps I should try sending a text message to my brother, he's using Globe (on contract) and see if he gets it...:Erm:

Well worth contacting vodafone. Also worth setting reports on your phone. so whent he text reachs your family member phones it should send you a report (the way its displayed from phone to phone).
No way to you want to pay for a service which is not being carried out correctly.

Sim11UK
9th January 2009, 18:13
Iive not had any problems, sending or receiving texts, with my PAYG Orange phone. :)

somebody
9th January 2009, 20:25
Iive not had any problems, sending or receiving texts, with my PAYG Orange phone. :)

Even more reason for Regina po to Speak to Vodafone.

bornatbirth
9th January 2009, 20:38
i have a payg orange phone,using it to others in manila worked fine but trying to use it to text back here or even to ring got me nowhere that was last november.

viewer
9th January 2009, 21:12
So far i had no problem using Skype, very cheap to send SMS from UK to Philippines.

tomm
10th January 2009, 01:50

There is a problem with Vodaphone and the Phils... also you may experience problems when roaming in the Phils on Vodaphone and trying to send and recieve text messages from other UK networks. Messages can be screwed up, truncated or not delivered at all. Vodaphone is very expensive too. Skype is cheap but very hit and miss... can't rely on it. O2 always seems to work and is cheap at 10p per text. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

reginacarlson
10th January 2009, 15:55
There is a problem with Vodaphone and the Phils... also you may experience problems when roaming in the Phils on Vodaphone and trying to send and recieve text messages from other UK networks. Messages can be screwed up, truncated or not delivered at all. Vodaphone is very expensive too. Skype is cheap but very hit and miss... can't rely on it. O2 always seems to work and is cheap at 10p per text. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Hello Tomm, thanks for the info. I hope they fix the problem soon or at least trying to fix it.

somebody
10th January 2009, 17:20

I have to say never had a problem when roaming in Laguna and manila if anything its Globe and smart fighting over who you connect to when roaming if you leave on auto select network.

I would aggree sending a text from vodafone is expensive but never had a problem.

As always you should complain or at least notify a company of any issues as otherwise they will not treat it as a issue.

PeterB
11th January 2009, 14:04
i have a payg orange phone,using it to others in manila worked fine but trying to use it to text back here or even to ring got me nowhere that was last november.

I had my UK phone on Orange monthly contract. That worked fine - I could call and text while in Phils. Before finally leaving UK in December 2007, I switched to Orange PAYG, feeling that it would be an unnecessary expense to keep paying a monthly bill.

When I arrived here, I found that the phone would no longer work - it appears that Orange contract can roam in Phils, but PAYG can't!

Sim11UK
11th January 2009, 17:20
I had my UK phone on Orange monthly contract. That worked fine - I could call and text while in Phils. Before finally leaving UK in December 2007, I switched to Orange PAYG, feeling that it would be an unnecessary expense to keep paying a monthly bill.

When I arrived here, I found that the phone would no longer work - it appears that Orange contract can roam in Phils, but PAYG can't!

No my Orange PAYG didn't work out there. I just bought a cheap Nokia & Globe sim. :)