PDA

View Full Version : Update with a SMILE

fontain
18th September 2006, 17:52
Good evening Boys & Girls,

I know its been a little while but i've been so busy lately dealing with our mutual friends at the embassy and all the various other things it entails that this is the first chance i`ve had to log on for a while.

I've had a quick glance here and there but no time to contribute, but its only fair that I provide an update due to the help and advice I received a few months back.

And who knows, it might even be useful to someone else one day.

I cant believe how busy the site now seems, keep up the good work party people, and dont let the Ba$tards get you down!!!
I wish everyone thats applying good luck and a HUGE welcome to everyone thats recently been successful.

Ok back to business, as some of you will be aware we decided to apply for a tourist visa, you can find the history else where on this site but our circumstances were slightly different to the norm and rather than wait and go for a fiancee one as our relationship was in the early stages we thought that due to the relatively low cost of trying for a tourist one and the fact my g/f has been working abroad we would give it a bash.

Well they knocked it back the first time, to cut a long story short all my docs were ok, so were the ladies, however, apparently they needed more docs & proof that we met in Singapore and that she has been living and working in Singapore (even though she supplied old passport with entry/exit stamps)
Plus they questioned the legitamancy of her new offer of employment in Singapore. Which they claimed could easily be produced on a home computer.
(Although 99.9% of the worlds docs are produced this way) Muppets !!

I guess you gotta be a mind reader to guess what they are genna pick holes in.
We gave them all the paperwork they asked for in relation to this type of visa and yet they refused it due reasons we had no chance of guessing.
She applied on a Tuesday and had it back by Friday (so it was obviously looked at in great detail and not just refused on someones biased opinions) :doh

No doubt a few of you are nodding your heads, same $hit different day :-)

So anyway, the lesson I would say I learnt from that is that ANYTHING you claim in your sponsors letter you HAVE to prove.
If you take the opinion that everything you claim will be classed as a lie unless you provide documentary evidence to substansiate it then you will surely have a better chance of getting one first time

So after a week of trying to contact the embassy to vent and no such luck, I cut my losses, collaborated bundles of new paper work and told her to do the same and to apply again.

However, this time I referred explicitly to the original application and in my sponsors letter, re-printed every reason they gave for refusal and answered each one point by point and referenced all the new paperwork that was attached to back up my answers.

So low and behold she has just had an interview this morning (the 18th) at 9.00am and at 5.00pm (7 hours later) they have just issued her with a a tourist visa which is now sitting nicely in her passport.

Apparently the ECO treated her with the contempt that has become their trademark but she kept her cool even when he scolded her (her words not mine) and raised his voice and accused her of illegally working in Singapore all these years.
Plus she got the full interogation about me and Singapore and our story etc etc

I think he was just trying to test her and wind her up and to see whether what she said matched my letter, but the girl done good and here we are, two happy people on a Monday.

Well i`d give my right arm for a chance to "scold" this joker face to face for trying to bully girls like this but seeing as things have gone our way its the last thought i`m genna waste on this fool for now.

Oh and for the record, she said that only her and two others were successful today.
Monday Blues I guess.

So their you have it, a tourist visa application success, albeit at the second attempt.

But shes worth every penny, just gotta sort out the flights and bobs your mothers brother !!!! :BouncyHappy:

rands
20th September 2006, 11:29
Congrats Fontain! :) You must be over the moon, mate!!!

Rands