PDA

View Full Version : Employment visa

Seth
5th January 2009, 03:55
Hello. I wan't to seek some information and help regarding my concern. There is a family from London who wants me to work as a nanny for their family. May i ask what are the necessary documents to be accomplished by the family and what steps should i do to process my work visa? Please do help me. I really need your advise regarding this matter. Thank you very much.

Seth
5th January 2009, 03:59
Oh i'm sorry what I mean is employment visa. What are the necessary things should i do to process that?What are the documents needed? Thanks!

darren-b
5th January 2009, 05:57
If you've already worked for the family in a household that they regularly used for themselves for at least one year then you could apply for a domestic workers visas.

If this isn't the case then it's pretty much impossible to come here to work as a nanny.

The first problem would the family actually becoming licensed to sponsor a work permit.

"You must meet the following requirements to become a licensed sponsor:

you must be a genuine organisation or sole trader operating legally in the United Kingdom;"

PeterB
5th January 2009, 14:15
Just to confirm what Darren says ... the only way you would be able to take a domestic post in UK is if you have a considerable history of working for the family outside of the UK.

Actually, that's not completely true! The easiest way would be to marry a UK passport holder.

Toyang
5th January 2009, 14:17
make sure all the requirements meet and do not overstay in UK.

Mrs.JMajor
5th January 2009, 15:07

you know what ? sometimes i thought of you, are working in Immigration, lol are you ?:xxparty-smiley-004:

Seth
5th January 2009, 15:37
Hi Peter. Yeah that would be the fastest way to get Uk visa to marry someone from UK. Thats what ive wanted before, but now it seems impossible coz i met a Filipino guy that i fell in love with. Lol. I was hit by Mr.Cupid's arrow. Lol.

And to Darren, toyang, mrs.Jmajor thank you very much. You're so nice and i appreciate really your advise..(wink)

gemini63
5th January 2009, 19:36

Or else Toyang will run after you....He..he...(just joking):ARsurrender::ARsurrender::ARsurrender:

gemini63
5th January 2009, 19:37
you know what ? sometimes i thought of you, are working in Immigration, lol are you ?:xxparty-smiley-004:

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Toyang
6th January 2009, 06:52

lol..:icon_lol: Im not working for Immigration. :icon_lol:

Toyang
6th January 2009, 06:56
Or else Toyang will run after you....He..he...(just joking):ARsurrender::ARsurrender::ARsurrender:

I will not run after them. :icon_lol: But if they have utang from me they can not run away from me, even they hide under their Mother`s skirt. :icon_lol:

ebony
12th February 2009, 17:20
:Erm:
If you've already worked for the family in a household that they regularly used for themselves for at least one year then you could apply for a domestic workers visas.

If this isn't the case then it's pretty much impossible to come here to work as a nanny.

The first problem would the family actually becoming licensed to sponsor a work permit.

"You must meet the following requirements to become a licensed sponsor:

you must be a genuine organisation or sole trader operating legally in the United Kingdom;"

Having read this post, just wondering if there's another way to come to the UK without that requirement.

I know of a nurse who is currently living in the Philippines. She saw an agency which advertised some job opportunities in the UK. The agency provided an employer for her to work as a nanny. Having submitted all the documents needed, the agency told her that her visa is now ready but they will give it to after her $ 2500 payment. Im not sure where she saw this agency but seems like based in europe.

First week of February, she was told that her ticket has been booked and she need to pay the $2500 ASAP because they cannot re schedule the flight which was Feb 12. Since she was struggling to secure the money, the agency said that they will re-book the flight on the 21st and she will only need to pay $500 because the employer paid the $2000.:Erm::Erm::Erm:

My concern is, she has not worked before for this family that is her prospective employer. Is it possible that the through the help of agency, a visa will be granted without fulfilling this requirement? They said before that they cant change the flight but now they can. Im just puzzled with all of these...

PeterB
12th February 2009, 18:17
I know of a nurse who is currently living in the Philippines. She saw an agency which advertised some job opportunities in the UK. The agency provided an employer for her to work as a nanny. Having submitted all the documents needed, the agency told her that her visa is now ready but they will give it to after her $ 2500 payment. Im not sure where she saw this agency but seems like based in europe.

For her sake, I hope it's not, but this sounds like one of the familiar scams! I suspect that she can wave goodbye to her money.

A similar thing happened to Ruby's sister - a job in Dubai was advertised. She paid the agency for all the usual 'processing' fees. In this case, she did get to Dubai, but didn't have the correct visa, there was no job, and the family had to send money for her to be able to fly back home.

However, there was one good outcome ... Ruby visited an Internet cafe, for the first time in her life, in order to communicate with her sister. I spotted Ruby online, invited her to chat, and .....

darren-b
12th February 2009, 18:47
My concern is, she has not worked before for this family that is her prospective employer. Is it possible that the through the help of agency, a visa will be granted without fulfilling this requirement? They said before that they cant change the flight but now they can. Im just puzzled with all of these...

Don't be puzzled, it's just a scam - they will say anything to try and get money out of her.

joebloggs
12th February 2009, 18:59
even if she did get a visa as a domestic worker, thats all she will ever be able to do here, she could change employer but not the job :NoNo:

LadyJ
12th February 2009, 20:03
:Erm:

Having read this post, just wondering if there's another way to come to the UK without that requirement.

First week of February, she was told that her ticket has been booked and she need to pay the $2500 ASAP because they cannot re schedule the flight which was Feb 12. Since she was struggling to secure the money, the agency said that they will re-book the flight on the 21st and she will only need to pay $500 because the employer paid the $2000.:Erm::Erm::Erm:

It's a SCAM!:NoNo:

nids123
14th February 2009, 15:28
yes its a scamm i was tried to join that site coz i want to get a job as soon as i get to uk when my visa is reay, i was offered to pay 1300 gbp a month and 200 weekly pocket money and t days off every week,i sent to my husband the email from the family and my husband told me its not true only skilled people got that kind of salary.then after a week i heard from the news the name of the agency thta there a lot of people that is already believe and paid a lot of money.

pennybarry
15th February 2009, 10:03
Hello. I wan't to seek some information and help regarding my concern. There is a family from London who wants me to work as a nanny for their family. May i ask what are the necessary documents to be accomplished by the family and what steps should i do to process my work visa? Please do help me. I really need your advise regarding this matter. Thank you very much.

How did you know about that job thru internet/agency? I have met some who were scammed thru emails and agencies. They paid lots of money and it was all scam!
I told them not to send money to UK thru Western Union but to no avail. :NoNo:

Bluebirdjones
15th February 2009, 10:39
Can I suggest that you look in this forum site under the
"HELP & ADVICE" section...
then look at the item called ....
"nanny helper" ...

I'd lay money that your "job offer" mirrors this one .. perhaps even word for
word.
Perhaps even the same travel agency suggested to "process" your documents ?

It's a SCAM ...... do NOT build up any hopes, and certainly do NOT send
any money.