PDA

View Full Version : funeral service

cheesewiz
3rd January 2009, 23:46
Its a very sad day today for me, my filipina friend's husband passed away he's only 50 and left a wife and 3 children (9, 13 and 14):bigcry:

I attended the funeral service today, the priest in our area offered a mass for the family and another good thing about the priest is he offer the church to put the remain for a vigil for 2 days and he even pay for cremation as a gift for the family about £2500 i think.

Its a nice service very filipino the priest allowed the filipino choir to sing a filipino song like Salamat Saiyo, Our Father (in filipino) and the last is Hawak Kamay as special song.

Its a sad day but that's life we should make the most of it while we can in a good way of course. And always be thankful what we have and not complaining what we don't have.

joebloggs
4th January 2009, 00:08
:cwm24: 50 with 3 kids :NoNo:

live will never be the same again for the widow and kids.. my dad died of a heart attack at 56. left me mom with 3 kids to (13,11 and 7)

what was his cause of death, at 50 :NoNo:

cheesewiz
4th January 2009, 00:27
:cwm24: 50 with 3 kids :NoNo:

live will never be the same again for the widow and kids.. my dad died of a heart attack at 56. left me mom with 3 kids to (13,11 and 7)

what was his cause of death, at 50 :NoNo:

I know and now its my friend the only one working for her children here but she doesn;t want to bring the kids back to Phils again. She can't get child benefits or any kind of benefits bec she is on a workpermit for only 2 years out of 5 years:(. He got a colon cancer:NoNo:

joebloggs
4th January 2009, 00:40
She can't get child benefits or any kind of benefits bec she is on a workpermit for only 2 years out of 5 years:(. He got a colon cancer:NoNo:

:NoNo: , one of the problems with immigration system, if she was European, no problem she could get benefits/help, 5yrs is along time to pay and wait for help :cwm24:, 3 yrs to go.. :NoNo:

what can she do, all go back to the phils, send the kids back, or struggle on her own with the kids here .. if she sends them back, she will be on her own for a few years :NoNo:, thou financially sending them back might be the only way for her. once shes gets her ILR she well be able to get tax creds.

:cwm24:

cheesewiz
4th January 2009, 00:53
:NoNo: , one of the problems with immigration system, if she was European, no problem she could get benefits/help, 5yrs is along time to pay and wait for help :cwm24:, 3 yrs to go.. :NoNo:

what can she do, all go back to the phils, send the kids back, or struggle on her own with the kids here .. if she sends them back, she will be on her own for a few years :NoNo:, thou financially sending them back might be the only way for her. once shes gets her ILR she well be able to get tax creds.

:cwm24:

I know for sure she will struggle:NoNo: but i don't think she can't live without her children beside her. Her eldest is 15 y/o this year if she wait for her ILR she is 18 by then...i hope she can cope i know its hard for her and the children

joebloggs
4th January 2009, 01:50
i hope she can make it with her kids here, if she can find someone to rent a house with and split the bills,

in 3yrs time maybe the eldest could be working and help pay off any debt she has built up over the 3 yrs.

in the long run, i'm sure she will be better off here than the phils, once she has ILR.. and her eldest start working..

i really wish her well :rolleyes:

simplelife
4th January 2009, 01:57
Its a very sad day today for me, my filipina friend's husband passed away he's only 50 and left a wife and 3 children (9, 13 and 14):bigcry:

That was so sad.:bigcry:

Mrs.JMajor
4th January 2009, 02:06
i hope she can make it with her kids here, if she can find someone to rent a house with and split the bills,

in 3yrs time maybe the eldest could be working and help pay off any debt she has built up over the 3 yrs.

in the long run, i'm sure she will be better off here than the phils, once she has ILR.. and her eldest start working..

i really wish her well :rolleyes:

very true,was thinking the same way,stay the kids there much better, rather send them back in PI:xxgrinning--00xx3:

flomike
4th January 2009, 22:22
a very sad story indeed. God Bless them

vbkelly
4th January 2009, 23:36

I attended the funeral service today, the priest in our area offered a mass for the family and another good thing about the priest is he offer the church to put the remain for a vigil for 2 days and he even pay for cremation as a gift for the family about £2500 i think.

Its a nice service very filipino the priest allowed the filipino choir to sing a filipino song like Salamat Saiyo, Our Father (in filipino) and the last is Hawak Kamay as special song.

Its a sad day but that's life we should make the most of it while we can in a good way of course. And always be thankful what we have and not complaining what we don't have.

condolence to them

Piamed
5th January 2009, 11:05
I'm sorry to hear about this amiga. I pray they will find a way through this.

Mrs Daddy
5th January 2009, 12:09

Send our deepest sympathy cheezewiz BTW were they a filipino couple?

singkit
7th January 2009, 20:16
Condolence to your friend, Cheesewiz. I hope she gets through all these trials. I must say it's not easy but hopefully she gets all the helps she needs at this time of grief. God Bless.