PDA

View Full Version : ILR application

eytch
30th December 2008, 22:26
Happy new year to all!
Just a quick question, I was granted spouse visa on March 29, 2007 and left PI April 25, 2007 (27 days) should I apply on March 28 to 29, 2009? That date falls on a weekend. How do I apply for ILR then?
Please advice.
Thanks.

darren-b
30th December 2008, 23:31
You want to post if as late as possible making sure they receive it before your visa expires. So if you post it on the 26th March by Special Delivery the HO will receive it on the 27th March. The HO probably won't process your application immediately and even if they did I don't believe nowadays the HO will reject your application for being a day or so early. Though if you want to make sure you could use the old trick of paying by cheque as the HO definately won't process your application until the cheque has cleared.

joebloggs
31st December 2008, 00:45
You want to post if as late as possible making sure they receive it before your visa expires. So if you post it on the 26th March by Special Delivery the HO will receive it on the 27th March. The HO probably won't process your application immediately and even if they did I don't believe nowadays the HO will reject your application for being a day or so early. Though if you want to make sure you could use the old trick of paying by cheque as the HO definately won't process your application until the cheque has cleared.

:xxgrinning--00xx3: darren

have you taken the 'life in uk' test yet ?

and make sure you use the latest form and sign the pictures on the back, i read about someone who was refused and lost their fee because of these 2 reasons :doh

eytch
31st December 2008, 14:07
I just phoned today, they said I need to post my application on 28 (saturday) because they will start counting the date registered on mail.

joebloggs
31st December 2008, 17:35
yes you can post it the day your visa expires, so you need to keep proof of posting if there is a problem :Erm:

darren-b
31st December 2008, 17:59
yes you can post it the day your visa expires, so you need to keep proof of posting if there is a problem :Erm:

Not sure I'd plan to post an application on the day a visa expires...

joebloggs
31st December 2008, 20:14
Not sure I'd plan to post an application on the day a visa expires...

immigration rules, its not the day they receive it, its the day you post it that counts,

Determination of the date of an application or claim (or variation of an application or claim) in connection with immigration

34G.For the purposes of these rules, the date on which an application or claim (or a variation in accordance with paragraph 34E) is made is as follows:

(i) where the application form is sent by post, the date of posting,

(ii) where the application form is submitted in person, the date on which it is accepted by a public enquiry office of the Border and Immigration Agency of the Home Office,

(iii) where the application form is sent by courier, the date on which it is delivered to the Border and Immigration Agency of the Home Office, or

(iv) where the application form is submitted online, the date on which it is so submitted.

and no i wouldn't post it on that day either, i would always apply for a visa ASAP, in case there are problems, it gives you time to sort them out :xxgrinning--00xx3:

eytch
2nd January 2009, 10:45
thanks for all your reply!

Jay&Zobel
5th February 2009, 22:26
I'm getting a bit of a panic here now... :CompBuster:

I forgot that my Visa will expire on the 1st week of March and I havent taken the test yet... I hope the weather will be fine by next week so test centres are open ( i phoned up today but they are close coz of the heavy snow!!! huhuhuhu- pray i am not too late)... and pass it on the 1st take!

doh! :NoNo:

Just to make sure:
So it is then ok to lodge the ILR application say 5 days before FLR expires? hehe... (making room for retaking exams just incase - but huhuhu hope i will not fail)

Thank you again!

Ann07
5th February 2009, 22:33
I'm getting a bit of a panic here now... :CompBuster:

I forgot that my Visa will expire on the 1st week of March and I havent taken the test yet... I hope the weather will be fine by next week so test centres are open ( i phoned up today but they are close coz of the heavy snow!!! huhuhuhu- pray i am not too late)... and pass it on the 1st take!

doh! :NoNo:

Just to make sure:
So it is then ok to lodge the ILR application say 5 days before FLR expires? hehe... (making room for retaking exams just incase - but huhuhu hope i will not fail)

Thank you again!

hi zobel

have u read the guidance notes in applying for ilr?:)

Just answered the pm sis:D

darren-b
5th February 2009, 22:35
As mentioned previously it's actually ok to post your application on the day your visa expires, so 5 days early is more than fine.

Have you any idea what the waiting time is at the test centres near you? I know you have to wait a minimum of 7 days between booking and taking the test, but when I was booking my wife's test a couple of years ago most of the test centres I phoned up couldn't fit my wife in for at least a month.

Jay&Zobel
5th February 2009, 22:39
Have you any idea what the waiting time is at the test centres near you? I know you have to wait a minimum of 7 days between booking and taking the test, but when I was booking my wife's test a couple of years ago most of the test centres I phoned up couldn't fit my wife in for at least a month.

that's the thing!!! i forgot hehehehe been very busy of my pregnancy thing lol.. got very preoccupied hehehe...

oh dear hope i am not too late huhuhu.. thank u anyway!

ann,
yes i replied! thanks po

LEAHnew
6th February 2009, 08:46
that's the thing!!! i forgot hehehehe been very busy of my pregnancy thing lol.. got very preoccupied hehehe...

oh dear hope i am not too late huhuhu.. thank u anyway!

ann,
yes i replied! thanks po

goodluck Zobel:xxgrinning--00xx3::Hellooo::Hellooo:

Jay&Zobel
6th February 2009, 12:16
goodluck Zobel:xxgrinning--00xx3::Hellooo::Hellooo:

Thank you kukurokuk (ermmm.. what does ur user i.d. mean? hehe)

Pepe n Pilar
6th February 2009, 14:11
Hi Zobel, I phoned the testing center nearest my place of residence and i was told that it's advisable to book at least 2 weeks before.
Best of luck.

Jay&Zobel
17th February 2009, 21:26
Whooohoo!!!

I took the Life in the Uk test yesterday and I passed!!! :BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy: I am indeed delighted!

Next step is the ILR application, better do this now coz my visa will be expired on 02March!

P.S.
The visa fee is still £750 right? i pray so...

Thanks everyone!

girl england
18th February 2009, 13:36
congrats to you zobel and goodluck to your ILR application
godbless u

tiger@tigress
19th February 2009, 09:28
Hi Zobel, I phoned the testing center nearest my place of residence and i was told that it's advisable to book at least 2 weeks before.
Best of luck.

What a lovely puss you got there:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Pepe n Pilar
19th February 2009, 10:13
Congratulations! well done:)

Jay&Zobel
19th February 2009, 23:41
congrats to you zobel and goodluck to your ILR application
godbless u

Congratulations! well done:)

SALAMAT SALAMAT PO!!!

I JUST SUBMITTED MY ILR APPLICATON 2DAY... eeekk minus £750 from our bank account huhhuhu... but worth it? lol exPensive!!!