PDA

View Full Version : Worrying wives

russ01539
15th September 2006, 18:25
My wife, being filipino, is a natural worrier and frightened of most things until tried.

However I need help from you guys on the forum. We are about to file for our FLR and her visa expires on 30th Sept. She is worried that we will not get it in time. We have all required docs, and this weekend we will get the wedding photo album completed, then by Tues an accountants letter stating my financial position, then Thurs (21st) we will file by special delivery.

My wife thinks that if we have no answer/reply by 30th she will be an 'illegal alien' as she puts it.

Now I know that we could apply on 30th so long as the application is received by the Home Office on that date all will be well, and her visa still applies legally until an visa is returned to us.

Please please please please please guys - tell my wife this is so, cos no matter what she won't believe me.

Personally I think if we send on THURS 21st we should receiv visa by 30th anyway !

ginapeterb
16th September 2006, 07:29
Although I have to say, I have no experience of FLR myself, since my wife would be applying for ILR, really FLR should be a formality for you, as long as your application is in for FLR, I see no reason for your dearest and nearest to worry, she defnately should not be worried about staying here in UK, she is legal, there are about 30,000 Filipinos in London alone who are illegaly working and living undocumented, so your wife certainly should not be worrying, tell her, as long as the paperwork and application is sent before the expiry of your existing visa, it should be done normally 30 days prior to expiry, then you just sit it out, until its returned.

Hope that is of some comfort.

KeithD
16th September 2006, 09:02
I would have sent it a month before, as they date it correctly anyway. This ensures no rush, you can check if they got it, and they have plenty of time, in case they need any other info.

Irelandken
16th September 2006, 09:48
"My wife thinks that if we have no answer/reply by 30th she will be an 'illegal alien' as she puts it."

Russ the official line from the home office is this:

Your immigration status while your application is being decided
If you make a valid application before your permission to stay ends, your existing immigration status will continue until your application is decided, even if the decision is not made until after the end of your permitted stay. If your existing visa or other permission to stay here allows you to work, you can continue to do so until your case is decided.

My wife just recieved her FLR last week and it took 21 days from posting until it arrived back...Tell ur wife not to panic.

russ01539
16th September 2006, 18:28
Thanks guys

KeithD
16th September 2006, 20:56
My wife worries about me getting out of prison next year after 22 years on Death Row :yikes: