PDA

View Full Version : getting some place to live

kermit123
29th December 2008, 00:32
hi me and my wife comeing to uk next year anyone now a good agency to rent a flat .We are comeing to birmingham unless things change my wifes a care giver and there seems to be a few jobs in birmingham :rolleyes: many thanks gary

mavid
29th December 2008, 18:25
Hi Kermit. While I was there for a visit and was searching ourselves, a friend suggested to try Find a Property.com.

U can also try, Anderson Lettings, Green & Co. I usually see those signs around.

kermit123
1st January 2009, 15:46
thank you all ill try :)

nigel
1st January 2009, 18:52
Consider buying! :REGamblMoney01HL1: House prices will probably be rock bottom by the time you get here..I guess it may be hard for you to get a mortgage though..:Erm:

somebody
1st January 2009, 19:05
Consider buying! :REGamblMoney01HL1: House prices will probably be rock bottom by the time you get here..I guess it may be hard for you to get a mortgage though..:Erm:

At least another year imo of major price drops. Banks have said it will be two years before they get back in the swing of things. Give it 5 and the new directors/mangers will have this great idea of lending money to those who cant afford it again or some other brand new idea.

Seeing prices near me which have gone for flats say 250k (many were costing more due to a bidding war by potential buyers from what i saw on house price sites) now 185k or less in the adverts so you know they expect less.

I think prices are already 40 percent less (not advertised price but the difference between the madness a year or so and now what you would have to ask to get a sale.

I can now pick up a 3 or 4 bedroom house in a nice street for less than what was asked for a newbuild upscale flat in early 08. All the new bulid flat sales companies are offering us crazy prices for groups of flats ( i dont want them i only want one gaff in the UK:D)

Many of the actual housebuliders appear to be renting out flats now just to keep them occupied, so maybe worth investigating in the area you like the look of.

I see lots of vacant propties nearby from all levels of the propety market so prices will drop even further due to high over supply.

I truley belive in my area of london houses/flats will soon be 25 percent of there peak value if not lower in cases where people have to sell or move.

Not nice for recent owners but im sure the older ones of you have see it all before.

nigel
1st January 2009, 21:52
At least another year imo of major price drops. Banks have said it will be two years before they get back in the swing of things. Give it 5 and the new directors/mangers will have this great idea of lending money to those who cant afford it again or some other brand new idea.

Seeing prices near me which have gone for flats say 250k (many were costing more due to a bidding war by potential buyers from what i saw on house price sites) now 185k or less in the adverts so you know they expect less.

I think prices are already 40 percent less (not advertised price but the difference between the madness a year or so and now what you would have to ask to get a sale.

I can now pick up a 3 or 4 bedroom house in a nice street for less than what was asked for a newbuild upscale flat in early 08. All the new bulid flat sales companies are offering us crazy prices for groups of flats ( i dont want them i only want one gaff in the UK:D)

Many of the actual housebuliders appear to be renting out flats now just to keep them occupied, so maybe worth investigating in the area you like the look of.

I see lots of vacant propties nearby from all levels of the propety market so prices will drop even further due to high over supply.

I truley belive in my area of london houses/flats will soon be 25 percent of there peak value if not lower in cases where people have to sell or move.

Not nice for recent owners but im sure the older ones of you have see it all before.
Interesting stuff!:xxgrinning--00xx3: There's a property near Brighton that I absolutely LOVE! It's located on the beach (a pebbley beach but..) and it's a lovely looking place! It's not even for sale but perhaps if I beep my horn everytime I drive past they will want to move and sell!:icon_lol: It's got three floors and I reckon it's probably worth around £900,000 at the moment...I'd love to be able to buy a property like that! And who knows? With the way the prices are going I might just be able to do it!:rolleyes:

kermit123
2nd January 2009, 01:06
Consider buying! :REGamblMoney01HL1: House prices will probably be rock bottom by the time you get here..I guess it may be hard for you to get a mortgage though..:Erm: nar nigel i really dont wont to live there couple of years maybe have a baby there then back to philippines (my wife is to have the baby there not me lol):) i have great home and life here but had snip long time ago and wont it reversing i dont trust doctors here :NoNo: gaz/maybs

cheesewiz
2nd January 2009, 11:02
nar nigel i really dont wont to live there couple of years maybe have a baby there then back to philippines (my wife is to have the baby there not me lol):) i have great home and life here but had snip long time ago and wont it reversing i dont trust doctors here :NoNo: gaz/maybs

sorry, i didn't get this one??? anyway, i think most of the pinoys working here in the UK usually don't want to live here forever just that for the sake of comfort life and helping family back home....we have no choice.

kermit123
2nd January 2009, 23:50
i had a vacetermy in uk many years ago and i need it reversing.And i wont it done in uk.Thats why we are comeing back but we might as well work for couple of years while we are haveing all treatment.we will spend couple of months visiting all of uk i love scotland then settle in birmingham to have this treatment .if vacetemarmy doesent work try other options to have child :) gaz/maybs im not pinoy im a brummy lol

somebody
5th January 2009, 23:00
Interesting stuff!:xxgrinning--00xx3: There's a property near Brighton that I absolutely LOVE! It's located on the beach (a pebbley beach but..) and it's a lovely looking place! It's not even for sale but perhaps if I beep my horn everytime I drive past they will want to move and sell!:icon_lol: It's got three floors and I reckon it's probably worth around £900,000 at the moment...I'd love to be able to buy a property like that! And who knows? With the way the prices are going I might just be able to do it!:rolleyes:

Gotta have dreams and things you wish to achieve:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Mrs.JMajor
6th January 2009, 03:01
i dont trust doctors here :NoNo: gaz/maybs

:omg: make me worry of that , why? :Erm:

amyburple
6th January 2009, 03:37

hmmmm I agree to wht he say too.... because of Duncan experience! Now a days he experience to have abdominal pain and how many time he went to doctor but naaaaaaaaaaaaaa Doctor says nothing to worry I don't hink nothing to worry about that... I still belived docotrs here in Pinas that's why I encourage Duncan that he will fetch me up here to have EXECUTIVE CHECK UP HERE...

And also sis you cannot go immediately to the Doctor there if your really sick because you need to call appointment first so it depends on the Doctor wht day your going to the hospital I guees tht the policy in thier National Health Service..... O di ba kaloka your dying n because your sick but then you cannot go to the Docotr ksi you have to wait p for your appointment....

Example now...Duncan is suffering for hard cough sakit n yung chest nya to cough but then s Friday p sya pwdi mka punta ng Doctor :doh:doh:doh:doh

Toyang
6th January 2009, 06:44

Yes should get worry cozzz you are OUT of TOPIC :NoNo: :Hellooo:

Toyang
6th January 2009, 06:45
[QUOTE=amyburple;106172 Example now...Duncan is suffering for hard cough

Your example is out of the topic, too.! :D:omg::Hellooo:

somebody
6th January 2009, 10:27
sorry, i didn't get this one??? anyway, i think most of the pinoys working here in the UK usually don't want to live here forever just that for the sake of comfort life and helping family back home....we have no choice.

Although many people that move to a different country atfter a few years/decades never do move back the place they knew as it has changed and they have got used to and picked up to many infulences from their new country. Plus their immedidate family get settled here in the UK.

Mrs.JMajor
6th January 2009, 11:52
Yes should get worry cozzz you are OUT of TOPIC :NoNo: :Hellooo:

Huh ! i just ask :Erm: lng nmn po eh !! :bigcry:

Ok this might a bit on topic lol,i heard sis amy because doctors there are free when u go check up,unlike here in PI ,we always pay the doctor every check up

simplelife
6th January 2009, 12:56
i heard sis amy because doctors there are free when u go check up,unlike here in PI ,we always pay the doctor every check up

Yes, Mrs. JMajor,
It is free when you go to see a Doctor, then the doctor will give you prescriptions if you need a medicine then you will go to the Pharmacy to collect the medicine free of charge.
BUT, only if you are entitled of Medical Benefits.

I happend to visit the GP twice when I was in England, I was on visitor visa, when I finished my check-up I iniatiatively ask the Nurse how much my bill and I told her that I am not entitled to free check -up. The nurse smiled at me and then they charged me 35 pounds.
Then she told me to pick-up the medicine from the nearest Pharmacy. In the Pharmacy they did not ask me to pay I just gave them my prescriptions. So it cost 35 pounds for check-up and medicine. I suggest to those going on a visitor visa to get yourself a Travel and Medical Insurance.

scott&ligaya
6th January 2009, 19:02
Hi Kermit,
when exactly are you planning to come here? I know of a furnished property in Harborne area that may be available.:cwm12:

somebody
6th January 2009, 20:25
Yes, Mrs. JMajor,
It is free when you go to see a Doctor, then the doctor will give you prescriptions if you need a medicine then you will go to the Pharmacy to collect the medicine free of charge.
BUT, only if you are entitled of Medical Benefits.

I happend to visit the GP twice when I was in England, I was on visitor visa, when I finished my check-up I iniatiatively ask the Nurse how much my bill and I told her that I am not entitled to free check -up. The nurse smiled at me and then they charged me 35 pounds.
Then she told me to pick-up the medicine from the nearest Pharmacy. In the Pharmacy they did not ask me to pay I just gave them my prescriptions. So it cost 35 pounds for check-up and medicine. I suggest to those going on a visitor visa to get yourself a Travel and Medical Insurance.

Very good advice. Many hospitals are geting very hot on this and I have actually seen that a office that deals with this issue in a central london Hospital. Various hospitals i have vistied now have posters up in them.

One had a poster in its A and E where the words you maybe charged had been changed to you WILL be charged.

Now the UK is looking to save money in various areas Hopsitals will be encouraged to open up and improve income streams...

The rule of thumb seems to be in emgencies they will treat you and patch you up ie A and E but if you needed to stay in the hospital in a ward or further treatment was required that is when you may wish to remeber your insurance details.

Also make sure as mentioned by me in other threads make sure the insurance cover is valid for you as a vistor. Many of the shelf British ones will be no good.

kermit123
7th January 2009, 01:57
hi scot&;igaya
i have to sort out this banking thing first (legacy insured deposits) probly end of year i think we will travel over uk on holiday for month or so. Then see where most jobs are then rent there many thanks gaz/maybs wahayyyyyy mango on our trees :)