PDA

View Full Version : Emigrant Registration Sticker

IainBusby
15th September 2006, 09:20
Hi All,
This will probably seem like a very silly question, but as lots of the ways things are processed in the Philippines seem to defy logic at times, I just thought I would ask on this forum and see if anyone knows the answer.

My question is, will it be OK, if the pre-departure seminar was attended in Cebu and if the pre-departure seminar certificate is issued at the CFO office in Cebu, to apply for the emigrant registration sticker at the CFO office in Manila.

I just have visions of my wife turning up at the CFO office in Manila for her sticker, with a UK flight booked for the following morning, only to be told that she will have to go to Cebu to get her sticker.

Iain.

stuart_donnlyn
15th September 2006, 10:48
just to be safe i think you should ask that with a CFO staff. When i received my visa thats the only time i knew bout CFO. I go to their website but i got confuse so i call on their contact numbers. I ask them where to go first because it seems theres 2 buildings involved CFO Equitable PCI Building and CFO Citigold Building. I ask for detailed step by step procedure whereaboust shud i go because i dont want to go back and forth and save money fares as well...theres a lot when i arrive who complain they went to other building just to be told they shud go first to the other building
so i guess your wife should contact the CFO and ask everything about your queries. Ask that you already had seminar and all u need is just the sticker. Theyre very friendly on fone and willing to help you. Atleast safe move and no money nor flights to be missed.:)

walesrob
15th September 2006, 11:39
Hi All,
This will probably seem like a very silly question, but as lots of the ways things are processed in the Philippines seem to defy logic at times, I just thought I would ask on this forum and see if anyone knows the answer.

My question is, will it be OK, if the pre-departure seminar was attended in Cebu and if the pre-departure seminar certificate is issued at the CFO office in Cebu, to apply for the emigrant registration sticker at the CFO office in Manila.

I just have visions of my wife turning up at the CFO office in Manila for her sticker, with a UK flight booked for the following morning, only to be told that she will have to go to Cebu to get her sticker.

Iain.

You should be ok, but as Stu says, its best to check. Elsa had her seminar in Manila, and got the sticker from Cebu no problem, but maybe things have changed now?

jeida
15th September 2006, 13:08
Hi All,

Iain.

I think you can get CFO sticker at manila though your wife attended the pre-departure seminar in cebu. When i got my CFo certificate in cebu last august 16 i asked the lady at the counter who issued the certificate, she said its ok if the CFO sticker will be issue in manila. But to make it sure call the CFo.

God bless you all

A_flyer
16th September 2006, 18:47
My question is, will it be OK, if the pre-departure seminar was attended in Cebu and if the pre-departure seminar certificate is issued at the CFO office in Cebu, to apply for the emigrant registration sticker at the CFO office in Manila. There's no problem in having the seminar in Cebu and the stamp in Manila. Just be sure to have with you the certificate of attendance, passport, visa and P400.

You also can fill-in in advance the "CFO Information sheet for Filipino Emigrants" by printing it from here: http://www.cfo.gov.ph/registrationform.pdf

Important: remember that to get the stamp you have to go to CFO office and not Smef-Cow or Prism where seminar are done...