PDA

View Full Version : Warning - free smileys and other downloads

tomm
25th December 2008, 16:45
Was sent a link today for some cool free smileys for Yahoo. Remember, nothing is free. This is tracking software that installs into Firefox/IE Explorer and then sends information about you to the companies computers. Whilst the company claim they store no personal information, I wouldn't trust it.

Whilst most of these things are just for advertising, it shows how easy it is to steal personal information from you. Particular care should be taken if you make online purchases or use internet banking.

Ok, you only use your computer for Yahoo, so there's no risk? Consider some of the topics you have discussed over the months and think again. Passwords can be logged. Is the password you use for Yahoo the same one you use for other things?

Although these freebies may seem fun and harmless, they can slow down your computer and even cause programs to crash. :NoNo:

Mrs.JMajor
26th December 2008, 10:07
Didn't realize that if you are doing online banking we must aware of those things,a good friend sent it to me and i really appreciate it,while my little Jed enjoying all of the sounds effect and the emoticons and all,and trying to paste the chat of my good friend and I to my lovey dovey (try it and really didn't work) but i cant paste it,so wondering why,a bit of trust to my hubby he is good as far as computer is concerned he told me that wasn't good,loading such things,(i get a bit mad considering little Jed like it very much)but believe me,when doing some money involved online as well as online banking,you must be careful to every link :NoNo:

KeithD
26th December 2008, 10:23
You should NEVER use a link in any email. Always retype it the address bar if you know you can trust it, what you see is not what you get.

The Cheeky Girls (http://www.erosblog.com/sex-blog-pictures/girls-bottoms-03.jpg)

Mrs.JMajor
26th December 2008, 10:35
Kieth:yikes: ,my knees are shaking w/ that cheeky girl:omg:.......brrrrrrrrrrrrr so cold :Help1:

Are we general patronage or parental guidance :icon_lol::icon_lol:

joebloggs
26th December 2008, 11:50
:doh

you fooled me scouser Keith, i was expecting the talents of 'the cheeky girls' :NoNo:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=lX3S1f_7dI4

somebody
26th December 2008, 23:51
Treat your PC like your wallet or purse.

If you wanna treat a pc like a toy do on one you use soley as a toy.

Not just online banking.as tomm says.

Think about your emails, simply access to a CV is enough info to cause damage in many cases, how about that e ticket.

also if you buy or use a PC which does not have a clean os on it. Wipe or run intensive av and as on it.

My dad bought one 2nd hand pc from a well know mail order company. The pc was littered with viruses and malware. In the end we wiped it and simply reinstalled rentered the auth code.