PDA

View Full Version : CFO Experience

stuart_donnlyn
14th September 2006, 15:48
:D This what happened CFO Manila
Thursday Sept 14,2006, CFO Manila facing Lasalle football field, Equitable PCI building 2nd floor.

8:30am I arrived - You will meet security guards on blue, fill up form OUTSIDE the building. Oh yes we did fill up Name, Destination, Time of Arrival on top of rear of someone else car who park there lol. After filling up on record book you will be told to go to 2nd floor.

Then on 2nd floor you will fill up again on record book, This time your Name, Address, Fone Number, Address to be on Destination and afterwards they will ask you do you have visa or not yet. Also they will ask the requirements on my case which is fiancee visa I gave my passport, photocopy of visa. then youll be told go to room with Sign of Step 1. The staff will greet you and say sit down and hey SMILE they will take picture of you!and this picture will be ur CFO certificate picture forever. Then after picture taking theyll give you a form to fill up again. biodata-like..lol name, address, nearest relative contact infos, your spouse/fiance address tel no...and know that pls!!

afterwards you'll pay 250. be prepared to pay exact amount sometimes they dnt have change. then they told me you can go back by 10am. so we go out first and eat(i think you should take advantage coz it will be nonstop seminar, counselling afterwards we ended up 2:30 and mostly complain they havent eaten yet)

10:00am - after eating You will go to room with name Step 2. There you will sit down and see tv, and movie player.
10:30am-CFO staff arrived and introduce us about CFO, mission, vission, beneficiaries, whats the seminar, counselling for
11am- we watch video..asked your spouse/filipina fiancee if they watch MGB, Magandang Gabi Bayan hosted by Noli De castro its documentary about Filipinas who married foreign nationals. Abused sexually, physically, emotionally. Its no to discoruage you tho but to be aware those things happens. Oh yes you will shiver watching the film it scares me.
12pm without lunchbreaks you will be group according to your destinations. UKsection is somewhere on the last room. and You will be on one room with a counselling staff assigned on your destination. You will introduce yourself...howd you guys meet , opening bank account aside from joint account, phil agencies and churches, also what to dos on ceratin scenarios on marriage, on sex, on abuse, how to get help.
12:30pm - counselling individually. Howd you met. Can i see some of your pictures together. Are you ready? Does your parents allow you?Money involve does your parents know that once you get married its not your responsibility to support them. Afterwards you'll be told to wait outside....of Step 1 room to claim your yellow certificates

1:30pm- Got our yellow certificate.reminders double check when you get ur certificate see if the name of your spelling is correct you dnt want to go back right? afterwards we rush Going to Citogold Building which is 10minutes away this is where you will get your sticker, stomping, handbook and guildelines.

1:40pm (Pls bring ID so you can enter the building). Go to counter 1B, bring required documents 2 xerox of your yellow certificate given by CFO counsellor. Xerox of visa and then passport. youll be given form again to fill up. Then cashier ready ur 400peso then holla wait for ur passport and see the sticker, ur certificate and handbook...

Hope this helps:)

britoy
14th September 2006, 15:56
very informative! if i may add....
dont go there with an empty stomach..coz once ur there...u wont have time to eat anymore :)

andypaul
14th September 2006, 20:37
Very useful maybe one of the kind admin/mods might sticky it for future refrence.

Jay&Zobel
14th September 2006, 21:52
NOTED & PRINTED LOL

Thank you!!!

scotsfiancee
15th September 2006, 03:32
Oi same here, were just done today with gensanbritish...we got the CFO stamp na here in cebu........ hey donn talk yah later...

Louella
12th October 2006, 10:59
Mabuhay!!!

I attended my CFO Seminar in Cebu coz i can't change or ammend my passport if i don't have any certificate from CFO. After i got my CFO certificate & got my ammended passport, i went to Manila {Makati} & applied for a Spouse Visa at UKVACS. 5 weeks after, i got my visa. For convinience, you can download the CFO Form on the internet before going to the CFO office for the stamp/sticker of your passport. I went to CFO Manila for the stamp/sticker of my passport. It's just so easy as long as you have the certificate & valid id to show. It's the last step before you can fly & be w/ your "babe". God bless us all!

Louella

MaEzKe
20th October 2006, 20:18
TRUE!!!

P250.00 for certificate of attendance, and another process, pay P250.00 for the CFO sticker! I don't understand the difference. Sabihin na lang nila P500.00 pesos ang CFO certificate, period.

Chrisirene
22nd October 2006, 07:20
Hi guys....which one is the best to attend the seminar? Manila or Cebu?

scotsfiancee
22nd October 2006, 09:05
There just bout same......

I went to Cebu last time. You need to come early in the morning for registration.

Chrisirene
22nd October 2006, 09:18
Thanks Again Scot....

Regards
chrisirene

stuart_donnlyn
3rd November 2006, 23:32
heyyyy britoy..
did u get married already lats 28th? congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
im so happy for you:D :D

britoy
4th November 2006, 09:20
heyyyy britoy..
did u get married already lats 28th? congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
im so happy for you:D :D

yupp..and is it ur turn soon?
:)

KeithD
4th November 2006, 10:19
yupp..and is it ur turn soon?
:)

...and we're all invited......and Stuart is paying :woohoo:

scotsfiancee
13th November 2006, 17:59
CEBU

For newly applicants who have decided to attend seminar in cebu here are the address.

SMEF-COW (for CFO guidance/counseling seminar):
3d Floor Aya-ay Arcade
Gen. Maxillon Ave.
CEBU CITY
(Fronting San Carlos University Boys High School beside Cherry Building, near corner of Gen Maxillon / R.Rhamann, opposite the intersection from the Family Choice Pharmacy, on the south side of Gen. Maxilom Ave about a block East of the huge Inglesia ni Cristo church, on your right when coming from Osmena circle and heading to Cebu harbor thru Gen Maxillon).
Phone: (63 32) 235-3745/46 or 232-1033

CFO Extension office (for CFO pre-departure registration and stamp):
Causing-Lozada Building.
Osmena Blvd. corner Lapulapu St. (near Plaza Independencia). It is located on the 2nd floor in DFA building, not far from Basilica Minore del Santo Niño.
CEBU CITY
Phone & FAX: (63 32) 255-5253

vbkelly
20th November 2006, 14:36
GANUN!!!,I never had CFO seminar before i left phils.

Chrisirene
20th November 2006, 14:48

When was that?

scotsfiancee
20th November 2006, 14:56

That was before, now it is really a must to attend that seminar :)

Chrisirene
20th November 2006, 15:04
That was before, now it is really a must to attend that seminar :)

I think soo too :D

vbkelly
20th November 2006, 16:35
guys it was 2004

Chrisirene
20th November 2006, 17:08
OHHHHH....2004......heheheh....tagal na un.....iba na ngaun ang PINAS at mga rules and regulation natin dito.....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

vbkelly
20th November 2006, 17:25
yeah right baka nga chrisirene nag iba na bcoz every year they change the rules so the phils.government can get a money to the pinays who's settle down to the other country. so everypinays need to pay that seminar

Chrisirene
20th November 2006, 17:48
yeah right baka nga chrisirene nag iba na bcoz every year they change the rules so the phils.government can get a money to the pinays who's settle down to the other country. so everypinays need to pay that seminar

Yes we have too...and i think its for our own good nman cguro of what that seminar thought.....:D

ervenescence
20th November 2006, 20:48
CFO? duh! its a waste of time...just useless :rolleyes:

Chrisirene
21st November 2006, 09:34
CFO? duh! its a waste of time...just useless :rolleyes:

Really?:icon_lol: well....its ok...nice to try those things...and earn experience...:D :icon_lol:

dave65
21st December 2006, 15:25
Hi Guys:Hellooo:
can one of you confirm something for me it sounds like it is compulsary :cwm34: to attend the cfo so i guess you get your visa first then go to the cfo, do you have to book a place on the seminar or just turn up,:Erm: also which days do they do this on
our papers are with the embassy now so we are just awaiting the reply
Dave and Jasmine

Chrisirene
21st December 2006, 15:39
Hi Guys:Hellooo:
can one of you confirm something for me it sounds like it is compulsary :cwm34: to attend the cfo so i guess you get your visa first then go to the cfo, do you have to book a place on the seminar or just turn up,:Erm: also which days do they do this on
our papers are with the embassy now so we are just awaiting the reply
Dave and Jasmine

hi dave and jasmine..same here my papers at the embassy now...yeah i think we have to do the CFO things after got the visa...even they said its useless those things...but i dont think so if we can get to the plane with out those stamp.

andypaul
22nd December 2006, 02:10
hi dave and jasmine..same here my papers at the embassy now...yeah i think we have to do the CFO things after got the visa...even they said its useless those things...but i dont think so if we can get to the plane with out those stamp.

You have to have the cfo stamp its a pain in the neck, but in the grand scheme of things the cfo is not that complicated if you have all the right paperwork, photos and know your Hubby.

Also read of tales of people not realising they need the cfo getting out of the country somehow but having difficulties on a return trip on the way in or out again. When my wife went to her cfo seminar one of the ladies had a us visa but was turned away from the airport as she had no stamp.h

eljean
22nd December 2006, 13:56
i just hope they put one as well in mindanao...since there is one in Luzon and Visayas....thats all i can say...because we from mindanao island spend more for it...actually its say u got immigrant number so its easy access for them to assist you both government if things gets bad on you....(emergency,accident,domestic violence)who know's.....

francesca
23rd December 2006, 14:12
500 for CFO???
babababahh, its getting expensive, ow!
i had mine sept 8 2004 for 250 pesos.
No nuns, no church people butting in asking my life with the french.

One way to give money to the church is to join politics, the legal way.

250 for gma, 250 for the church.
Not bad business, I scratch yours , you scratch mine.
Olaaahhh!

tsk tsk tsk...

eytch
6th March 2007, 07:54
what does CFO means? and what's that for? thanks.

tiger@tigress
6th March 2007, 10:40

Hmm i cant remember whats CFO means all i know they will not allow u to go out of the country w/o it :Brick: :Rasp:

empott
6th March 2007, 17:25
CFO is Commission on Filipinos Overseas
check this for more info: http://www.cfo.gov.ph/counseling.htm

:Erm: Ooops am i allowed to post that Boss Keith? delete it if im wrong. thanks

mach
6th July 2007, 01:34
i would just like to know if i need to attend the cfo seminar??? I don't have plans of amending my passport or using my hubby's last name.

scotsfiancee
6th July 2007, 08:48
i would just like to know if i need to attend the cfo seminar??? I don't have plans of amending my passport or using my hubby's last name.

Yes MRS Mach, YOU must attend the CFO seminar and get the stamped for your passport.

Always take your marriage certificate with you since you don't have any plans to ammend it.

mach
9th July 2007, 02:51

fred
12th October 2007, 15:36
We took one of our tenants to the airport today to catch her flight to Tokyo..
We were on our way back when she phoned to say that she couldn`t travel because the lack of a "CFO seminar cert" run by the thieves in black,as I like to think of them..
How was she supposed to know about this red tape BS as she got her passport before she married??
The agency that sorted her ticket and visa told her nothing of this CFO horse **** ,money extortion exercise.
The irony is that she now has to go back to the same place that she was imprisoned as a child (orphan) by the "holy mothers" for another round of patronizing muttering ..
I really wish that the Muslim extremists would place their bombs with a little more thought!!
Really winds me up.

jmlbp
17th December 2007, 03:42
ask bout CFO....

if going to have it,do it need for appointment first?or just go for a days schedule?

kimmi
17th December 2007, 12:53
u dont need to make an appointment, just go for a the scheduled day but i guess UK schedule are almost everyday now..

jmlbp
17th December 2007, 13:36
hi kimmi!

thank you..is it for one day?

am planning to have flight on 30th this month,its ok if have the CFO on 29th?

andypaul
17th December 2007, 19:13
hi kimmi!

thank you..is it for one day?

am planning to have flight on 30th this month,its ok if have the CFO on 29th?

Check on the website if they are open and probably a good idea to check via phone i guess as well. Considering the time of year.

Many people have got all the CFO done in one day but its a long old day so make sure your future hubby to be ensures you have somewhere near to stay so your at the cfo nice and early. Also once you have finished you dont have too long a journey afterwards as you have a long filght the next day.
Some people have had no other phills going to the UK, others quite a few the day they go and if to many people you could in theory be turned away never heard about this for brits, but im sure i have read this happening for phills going to the US in the past.

Take all the evidence, paperwork you had for the visa and lots of photos of you both together. Make sure you know your hubby to be middle name/s, his mums maiden name, where he lives and a little about him and what he does. Many people said the CFO ask more questions than the Brit embassy do but nothing hard if you know and really love your Mahal:)

jmlbp
19th December 2007, 01:22
thanks andypaul!!!:)

KIMMI--- may i ask an exact address the CFO in manila?

thanks!!!

kimmi
19th December 2007, 13:02
sis eto po ung website nila..

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/emig_manila.htm

u can find all the details u need there..goodluck po..:)

asiaticgirl
29th April 2008, 06:38
Thanks guys for all info...i just save it..really help for me..

menchkin
21st July 2008, 05:57
hi,

can someone tell me where in manila i can attend the cfo seminar? appreciate if you could give me the complete address and contact number so I can call for inquiry. Thanks!

mench

IainBusby
24th July 2008, 13:09
http://www.smef-cow-phil.org/cms3/index.php?module=pagemaster&PAGE_user_op=view_page&PAGE_id=2&MMN_position=2:2
St. Mary Euphrasia Foundation - Center for Overseas Workers
1043 Aurora Blvd., Quezon City, 1108 Philippines
3rd Floor, Ayaay Arcade, 60 Mango Ave., Cebu City 6000 Philippines
Tel. No.: (632) 913-6439
Fax No.: (632) 913-6438
E-mail address: ofw@edsamail.com.ph (ofws@edsamail.com.ph)

People’s Reform Initiative for Social Mobilization Inc.(PRISM)
2nd Floor Equitable-PCI Bank Building, 2422 Taft Avenue, Manila
(632) 525-3114, (632) 525-3783, (632) 525-4314

Check out the link below and it will give you the schedules for each destination country.
http://www.cfo.gov.ph/fs_manila.htm

Cheers,
Iain.

A_flyer
24th July 2008, 18:32
can someone tell me where in manila i can attend the cfo seminar? appreciate if you could give me the complete address and contact number so I can call for inquiry. Thanks!
A simple Google search with "cfo philippines" gives you the CFO site: http://www.cfo.gov.ph/
Then on the left part of their front page, under "Fil. Spouses and Other Partners of Foreign National" clicking on "Manila" will give you all informations: address, phone numbers, maps to locate it (they are on the left side), requirements and days/hours to visit there.

menchkin
25th July 2008, 01:59
A simple Google search with "cfo philippines" gives you the CFO site: http://www.cfo.gov.ph/
Then on the left part of their front page, under "Fil. Spouses and Other Partners of Foreign National" clicking on "Manila" will give you all informations: address, phone numbers, maps to locate it (they are on the left side), requirements and days/hours to visit there.

Thanks for the info! I already checked the said website last week. :)

aposhark
29th April 2009, 08:45
Hello everyone.

Just a little warning about the travel agency right next to the Cebu CFO office......

Today my wife and I went to the CFO office and she had the sticker put in and also a small certificate stapled into her passport.
I asked the CFO people was everything now complete for her to travel and they said "Yes".

Next minute she was next door in what I thought was a part of the CFO.
A lady there said we needed to pay an extra PHP 3,800 to have her NSO marriage certificate authenticated by the DFA with a ribbon attached.
She said the UK required this.
I told her we were already married and my wife has the settlement visa.
I was puzzled and let them talk in Cebuano whilst I thought a bit.
I was looking around this office and started to smell a rat.
I asked her what office it was and she said it was a travel agency........
To cut a long story short, we did NOT pay any extra money and I went back to the CFO and told them what had happened.

The CFO lady once again said as long as my wife has the visa then the CFO sticker/certificate, nothing further is required.
You have to have eyes open all the time :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

IainBusby
29th April 2009, 08:59
Hello everyone.

Just a little warning about the travel agency right next to the Cebu CFO office......

Today my wife and I went to the CFO office and she had the sticker put in and also a small certificate stapled into her passport.
I asked the CFO people was everything now complete for her to travel and they said "Yes".

Next minute she was next door in what I thought was a part of the CFO.
A lady there said we needed to pay an extra PHP 3,800 to have her NSO marriage certificate authenticated by the DFA with a ribbon attached.
She said the UK required this.
I told her we were already married and my wife has the settlement visa.
I was puzzled and let them talk in Cebuano whilst I thought a bit.
I was looking around this office and started to smell a rat.
I asked her what office it was and she said it was a travel agency........
To cut a long story short, we did NOT pay any extra money and I went back to the CFO and told them what had happened.

The CFO lady once again said as long as my wife has the visa, nothing further is required.
You have to have eyes open all the time :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I wonder how many times they've managed to pull that on off when the wife is there on her own without her husbands support. P3,800 for a fake stamp and a bit of ribbon...... nice work if you can get it. :cwm23::cwm23::cwm23:
Iain.

aposhark
29th April 2009, 09:06
I wonder how many times they've managed to pull that on off when the wife is there on her own without her husbands support. P3,800 for a fake stamp and a bit of ribbon...... nice work if you can get it. :cwm23::cwm23::cwm23:
Iain.

Yeah, I asked Rochelyn if the woman approached her whilst she was making a photocopy and she said "Yes".
I always find it a little delicate when my wife is talking about documents in "official" places as I don't want to jump in and take control, but PHP3,800 tipped the balance :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Mrs.JMajor
29th April 2009, 10:52
Yeah, I asked Rochelyn if the woman approached her whilst she was making a photocopy and she said "Yes".
I always find it a little delicate when my wife is talking about documents in "official" places as I don't want to jump in and take control, but PHP3,800 tipped the balance :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Sorry Mike,I was sleeping when Rochelyn txt me,didnt able to reply the time she need an answer,but good for you,as you really smart person,you managed to sort it out:appl:

Mrs.JMajor
29th April 2009, 10:54
Iain.

Besides those scammers cheated those people that they know they can.....while I am processing all document never encountered those....maybe they know I am "old":doh enough

Dee31
5th June 2009, 15:21
I just wondered if it's really necessary to attend cfo seminar to change the status of your passport from single to married. I thought i can just show my certified NSO copy of my MC to the DFA office. I was on DFA website, and there was no information about CFO if i want my status change... I haven't even applied for my spouse visa yet. I also went to the DFA office today, and they just said, yes "I THINK its one of the requirement". I am like, "you think? so, you aint sure?" And this guy said,"it all depend on the person who evaluate your application." Huh? I can't get a straight answer... well, i guess I will take that seminar, just to be safe. *sighs*

Jay&Zobel
5th June 2009, 15:28
I just wondered if it's really necessary to attend cfo seminar to change the status of your passport from single to married. I thought i can just show my certified NSO copy of my MC to the DFA office. I was on DFA website, and there was no information about CFO if i want my status change... I haven't even applied for my spouse visa yet. I also went to the DFA office today, and they just said, yes "I THINK its one of the requirement". I am like, "you think? so, you aint sure?" And this guy said,"it all depend on the person who evaluate your application." Huh? I can't get a straight answer... well, i guess I will take that seminar, just to be safe. *sighs*

IT'S A REQUIREMENT :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

You can secure CFO sticker when you have your Marriage Visa. :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dee31
29th June 2009, 10:14
Thank you Jay&Zobel. I see this is not just a regulation but a law imposed to filipinos that are married to foreign nationals.

I will be attending the seminar tomorrow in Manila. This thread is really helpful. Kudos to the person who posted this. xx

Jay&Zobel
29th June 2009, 10:29
Thank you Jay&Zobel. I see this is not just a regulation but a law imposed to filipinos that are married to foreign nationals. I will be attending the seminar tomorrow in Manila.

You are welcome Dee! :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Enjoy your seminar :Erm: lol (well' it wasn't that enjoyable at all, so you have been warned :icon_lol::icon_lol:)

This thread is really helpful. Kudos to the person who posted this. xx

Stuart&donalyn - haven't seen them here for a while... Wonder how they are now?:)

MarBell379
29th June 2009, 11:13
Thanks for this - really helpful :)

Dee31
16th July 2009, 05:48
I did enjoy my seminar. LOL I was done in less than an hour. We didn't have film viewing. We only had a brief orientation on what to expect in the airport. And then We were categorized by group of what country we are bound to. It's good thing that i was the only one in the uk group. The interviewer/councelor was great to talk to. She asked some pictures of me and hubby and gave me some good advises. It didn't take long. She told me to have my photo taken and wait for my yellow certificate. I had it less than 5minutes. Then I went straight to CFO Manila office along Quirino Ave. and I was given a green certificate and paid 400php. I was told to come back for my sticker when i have my visa.

I went straight to the DFA office and made an appointment. I came back the next day and was finish in less than hour. I requested for an expedited passport. I will get it in 7 business days. I paid 99php express delivery to have my passport delivered straight to my door. it went smoothly than i thought. I was wondering why the dfa officer didn't even bothered to see my cfo green certificate and i was told that i need my MC to renew my passport if i want to have my status change. And 'ammending your passport was only used if i have the old green passport, but since i have the new one, and its machine readable, i only need to have it renewed.

My next step is lodging my visa. And I need to get everything ready! Thanks heaps for all the wonderful and friendly members here. xxx

Florge
16th July 2009, 06:04
My next step is lodging my visa. And I need to get everything ready! Thanks heaps for all the wonderful and friendly members here. xxx

You had your CFO first before lodging your visa? Is that ok or should it be visa first then CFO? :Erm:

whiteraven
16th July 2009, 06:54
we didnt know anything about cfo before status change, my wife has been told she will get her new passport on saturday!!!

Dee31
16th July 2009, 08:14
You had your CFO first before lodging your visa? Is that ok or should it be visa first then CFO? :Erm:

Hello Florge. Yes, it is fine. When i went to the DFA office. I was told by the dfa officer that i need to attend cfo seminar first before they will ammend the status of my passport. It's a requirement and not just a regulation, If you are married to a foreign nationals and wants to get a new passport, renewed and ammend.

I have to get back to the cfo manila office to get the sticker when i have my passport and visa already, since i have paid for it already with my green certificate.

Dee31
16th July 2009, 08:39
we didnt know anything about cfo before status change, my wife has been told she will get her new passport on saturday!!!

Well i didn't know that also. But one officer told me i need to do just that, when he evaluated my application and saw that i am married to a foreign national. But When i renewed my passport yesterday, they didn't even ask me for that cfo certificate!

I guess it's ok. Since that's one of the requirements before leaving the country. I remember this lady from the seminar the other day. She was supposed to be leaving the night before, but she was stopped and to her dismay, she was told she needs to attend a cfo seminar first. No one told her when she got her visa approved, until that day on her departure!

Arthur Little
16th July 2009, 09:11
I guess it's ok. Since that's one of the requirements before leaving the country. I remember this lady from the seminar the other day. She was supposed to be leaving the night before, but she was stopped and to her dismay, she was told she needs to attend a cfo seminar first. No one told her when she got her visa approved, until that day on her departure!

Yes, that's the trouble ... the British Embassy makes no mention of this additional requirement when issuing the visa. :rolleyes: We only learnt about it through a third party who happened to be a friend of ours! Fortunately, in good time for us to make the arrangements necessary.

abby
20th August 2009, 06:34
hello!

can i attend the CFO seminar prior the application or i need to my visa approved before i attend?

TY

aromulus
20th August 2009, 06:38
hello!

can i attend the CFO seminar prior the application or i need to my visa approved before i attend?

TY

Yes you can.

At the end of the seminar they will give you a receipt of attendance, which will be exchanged for the sticker after being issued with the visa.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

filipina_owl
20th August 2009, 07:01
did anyone have an approved spouse visa for 2009? when did you attend the seminar? Before or after u get your visa?:Erm:

filipina_owl
20th August 2009, 07:06
im so disappointed with the agency, they said i need the to attend the seminar before we lodge the application at the british embassy. but some friends here said i can do it after...very confused. and also, how come when i have my passport changed to married, the DFA didnt asked me to attend the seminar? i really wonder why.

aromulus
20th August 2009, 07:16
did anyone have an approved spouse visa for 2009? when did you attend the seminar? Before or after u get your visa?:Erm:

As I mentioned already, you can attend the seminar before the visa is issued.

im so disappointed with the agency, they said i need the to attend the seminar before we lodge the application at the british embassy. but some friends here said i can do it after...very confused. and also, how come when i have my passport changed to married, the DFA didnt asked me to attend the seminar? i really wonder why.

Agencies like that are only there to take money out of you. In general they do not provide the service that they imply they give.
If you use the search facility on this forum, and use keywords, you will be able to find lots of useful information to enable you to reach your goal without wasting money.

Arthur Little
20th August 2009, 11:06

:Hellooo: Yes, WE [Myrna and I] did! And Myrna attended the seminar ... and received HER "sticker" ... AFTER she got her visa.

Mrs.Hope
21st August 2009, 13:58
why do the british embassey not tell you anything about the cfo,i am waiting my visa i hope it will be here in about 4 to 5 weeks as i have a job waiting for me in the uk,so i need my passport with visa then i want to get the first plane to the uk,thank for any help..........

IainBusby
21st August 2009, 14:25
why do the british embassey not tell you anything about the cfo,i am waiting my visa i hope it will be here in about 4 to 5 weeks as i have a job waiting for me in the uk,so i need my passport with visa then i want to get the first plane to the uk,thank for any help..........

Because it's nothing to do with the British embassy, it's a Filipino regulation. If you didn't attend a CFO seminar, it would be the Philipinnes emmigration people at the airport who would refuse to let you board the plane if you didn't have a CFO sticker in your passport. If you did manage to board the plane, British immigration wouldn't refuse to let you enter the UK because you didn't have a CFO sticker in your passport.

Arthur Little
21st August 2009, 15:41
Because it's nothing to do with the British embassy, it's a Filipino regulation. If you didn't attend a CFO seminar, it would be the Philipinnes emmigration people at the airport who would refuse to let you board the plane if you didn't have a CFO sticker in your passport.

Yes, I know. But the British Embassy MUST be WELL-AWARE of this regulation. And consequently, it would save a good deal of hassle later on for unsuspecting potential travellers if VFS were to point out the Philippine Government's requirement :xxsmilie_auslachen: to people at the time of lodging their visa applications.

Mrs.Hope
23rd August 2009, 03:17
Hi Ian May I know where is the exact location of the CFO
as Im living in Tarlac City 5 hours going to manila thanks
a lot...

britishdetained
23rd August 2009, 18:17
before my previous marriage with my ex american husband i was required by the US embassy to have CFO sticker:NoNo:

it was a long day just listening there actually:Brick::Brick:

IainBusby
23rd August 2009, 19:28
Hi Ian May I know where is the exact location of the CFO
as Im living in Tarlac City 5 hours going to manila thanks
a lot...

CFO website - http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.htm

Manila - http://www.cfo.gov.ph/fs_manila.htm

Cebu - http://www.cfo.gov.ph/fs_cebu.htm

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/cfolocation.htm

Iain.

Mrs.Hope
24th August 2009, 07:37
:doh I wish this is the last requirements
then with my visa and to board on the plane
I pay 47,790 php to my visa so I will not
wasting the money and especially the EFFORT
and HARD TIME in my experience Oh my God always
money is involve its make me sick well no choice
im the one to live in the UK thanks Ian for the link
page and I got the location of the CFO.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

JimOttley
24th August 2009, 22:04
:doh I wish this is the last requirements
then with my visa and to board on the plane
I pay 47,790 php to my visa so I will not
wasting the money and especially the EFFORT
and HARD TIME in my experience Oh my God always
money is involve its make me sick well no choice
im the one to live in the UK thanks Ian for the link
page and I got the location of the CFO.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Yes it just never ends :( I was not aware of this requirement either, not surprised that there are yet more obstacles though.

I will have to remember this one for later, ah well you just have to smile :)

Mrs.Hope
25th August 2009, 02:13
Yes it just never ends :( I was not aware of this requirement either, not surprised that there are yet more obstacles though.

I will have to remember this one for later, ah well you just have to smile :)

Yah I know your point my friend goodluck
to myself:)

angel17
25th August 2009, 19:03

based on my experience and like you we hired agency also because we really dont know what things to do in applying settlement visa. they advice me also to attend cfo seminar before we lodge our application.as i attend the seminar, i discovered that you can have the cfo seminar either before or after your visa approved because many of my batch who attend seminar that time have already got visa so im thinking also why our agency advice me to have a cfo seminar earlier if iit can be after i receive my approved visa.:Erm::Erm: but maybe of there rules of step by step guidance to there client. but too late to realize that the agency make money with us.:bigcry::bigcry: if i only know this forum we will not attempt to hire agency coz its just a waste of money to the fact that all works is with us with my hubby (getting all our requirements,etc) they just guide us but not worthy what we paid on them...we will just hope to have a positive result on our application or else :cwm23::cwm23::cwm23:

i advice to have cfo seminar after you receive your approved visa so that you can get immediately your sticker...:):)

inlovebutstuck
12th September 2009, 13:17
Well I read the CFO website http://www.cfo.gov.ph/emig_manila.htm and I would like everyone to take note of note 5 and 6 I post here. It states
FOR REGISTRANTS EXEMPTED FROM ATTENDANCE TO THE PDOS/PEER COUNSELING PROCEED TO STEP 6
FOR FILIPINO SPOUSES AND/OR OTHER PARTNERS OF FOREIGN NATIONALS PROCEED TO STEP 6

STEP 6 PASSPORT RELEASING
FOR REGISTRANTS WHO ARE EXEMPTED FROM ATTENDANCE TO THE PDOS/PEER COUNSELING (SENIOR,MINORS,SPOUSES,PARTNERS OF FOREIGN NATIONALS WITH VISA OR GCC), WAIT FOR YOUR NAMES TO BE CALLED AT THE RELEASING COUNTER, PROCESSING WILL TAKE 30 MINUTES TO 1 HOUR.

FOR PARTICIPANTS TO THE PDOS/PEER COUNSELING SEMINAR, PASSPORTS WILL BE RELEASED BY YOUR RESPECTIVE ORIENTATION OFFICER OR PEER COUNSELOR..

ERRRRR OK I put all that in capitols just so you could read it very clearly, I get the meaning of this to me is that SPOUSES ARE EXEMPT FROM THE BLAH BLAH BLAH senomar if holding a visa! SO why are the CFO retards making them sit there and get questioned about rubbish which it all is when they are in FACT EXEMPT? Please check the site for yourself and read the bottom procedure , Number 5 and 6. Am I wrong or is that what it says I have posted word for word above, I am guessing the senomar should be for single people who are going to work abroad or get married abroad..

Now I wonder if the cfo will ever realize the rules and act accordingly:ARsurrender:

Now if anyones got time please look at my post in immigration as i need advice from someone who may know and I cannot receive private message? Why is that as someone sent me one but i cannot receive or reply?

Thanks I hope this makes a change to all the new people going to get there CFO as I shall tell my wife to print a copy and show to the office she is exempt when the time for her CFO comes.

alesypalsy
22nd August 2010, 14:06
Well my misses went to CFO 3 weeks ago and sat through all there rubbish i may add, We arrived at 7am and left at 2-30pm, with the yellow card, We then went to the sticker issuing place where we paid 400pesos, and were then told that they would not issue the sticker now as the visa is not valid until oct 26th? So my wife has the visa and sat through all of their crap and paid quite a sum for the taxi to wait all day for us and we are then told this!!!!!!!

What a load of dumb made up as you go along rules as there is nothing stating any kind of time scale on there website, the guy there even had the cheek to say they will only issue the sticker from the day the visa is valid!!! So what we are supposed to go the day we fly? This place is an absolute outrage and run by people who just make up the rules as they go along with how they feel that day, I am fuming.

I hope someone here has some kind of advice for this situation as it seems very balls'd up to me, They did issue my wife with a green piece of paper and said it would be at the discretion of the immigration officer as to weather or not she could leave the country with that paper and not the sticker!!!!

So as far as it looks now we are supposed to go there the day the visa is valid which is our flight date! I wrote a email to them and was told that everything we were told before is correct, what a bunch of dim wits.

Place is an asylum, will be glad to get back to the real world!!!! Rant over

Philippines the land that time forgot

mechanic5_1
5th September 2010, 11:21
Have to go to cebu to obtain the cfo, but i only have one id card can i use my nbi clearance id card ??

junior02
5th September 2010, 17:36
Well my misses went to CFO 3 weeks ago and sat through all there rubbish i may add, We arrived at 7am and left at 2-30pm, with the yellow card, We then went to the sticker issuing place where we paid 400pesos, and were then told that they would not issue the sticker now as the visa is not valid until oct 26th? So my wife has the visa and sat through all of their crap and paid quite a sum for the taxi to wait all day for us and we are then told this!!!!!!!

What a load of dumb made up as you go along rules as there is nothing stating any kind of time scale on there website, the guy there even had the cheek to say they will only issue the sticker from the day the visa is valid!!! So what we are supposed to go the day we fly? This place is an absolute outrage and run by people who just make up the rules as they go along with how they feel that day, I am fuming.

I hope someone here has some kind of advice for this situation as it seems very balls'd up to me, They did issue my wife with a green piece of paper and said it would be at the discretion of the immigration officer as to weather or not she could leave the country with that paper and not the sticker!!!!

So as far as it looks now we are supposed to go there the day the visa is valid which is our flight date! I wrote a email to them and was told that everything we were told before is correct, what a bunch of dim wits.

if your partner gives 1000 peso to the right person, you will get everything you need at cfo within 1hour, maybe a little longer depending on how many people ther... also applies to many such places in rp, for example 1000peso will get you to front of a long line at dfa for your passport application...

Arthur Little
6th September 2010, 11:11
if your partner gives 1000 peso to the right person, you will get everything you need at cfo within 1hour, maybe a little longer depending on how many people ther...

... I definitely WOULDN'T recommend it! :thumbsdown:

Arthur Little
6th September 2010, 11:27
I hope someone here has some kind of advice for this situation as it seems very balls'd up to me.

Simple ... just ask your missus to arrange an appointment for a couple of weeks or so ahead of her scheduled flight. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

sars_notd_virus
6th September 2010, 13:42
if your partner gives 1000 peso to the right person, you will get everything you need at cfo within 1hour, maybe a little longer depending on how many people ther... also applies to many such places in rp, for example 1000peso will get you to front of a long line at dfa for your passport application...

Nooooo,'''vulchers are there becoz u are feeding them'''...why pay someone to do it for you??? when you can do it yourself then u wont have problems at all:rolleyes:

alesypalsy
7th September 2010, 10:35
Simple ... just ask your missus to arrange an appointment for a couple of weeks or so ahead of her scheduled flight. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Yes but arthur i explained that they have told us that she cannot have the sticker issued until the visa is valid, which is the night we fly, we are flying at 00.20am on 29th oct and they have told us to come back on 29th oct??? how balls'ed up is that!!!! the visa is in the passport but they are just being a pain in the rectum as it really is pointless and just time and money consuming us and basically impossible for her to get the sticker then as our flight is 20 mins into the valid date.....

absolute fass

Even the cfo at airport is closed so how the hell are we supposed to get this damm silly sticker that all must bow to, it makes my blood boil how they make their own so helpless..

I would of happily given 1000p consideration but the young guy was adamant he was not going to help us!

well any other suggestions?

Arthur Little
7th September 2010, 17:17

Seems an ODD situation :rolleyes: ... even by CFO standards!

well any other suggestions?

:rolleyes: Never heard of THIS sort of thing happening before :NoNo: ... so will need to give the matter a bit of THOUGHT and get back to you ... unless someone else comes up with a suitable solution sooner. :rolleyes:

somebody
8th September 2010, 00:52
Have you spoken to the British Embassy and explained the situation? I know normally they say they cant comment or get involved on such matters but maybe if your lucky they can alter the date of the Visa?

Im guessing there was no way you could put back the flight a day or two?

Arthur Little
8th September 2010, 14:26
We arrived at 7am and left at 2-30pm, with the yellow card,

Right ... you say "We" ... so I assume YOU are [still] in the Phils. :rolleyes:

We then went to the sticker issuing place where we paid 400pesos, and were then told that they would not issue the sticker now as the visa is not valid until *oct 26th? So what we are supposed to go the day we fly?

Hmm ... :23_111_9[1]: ... hold on, please ... ! See my observations below, regarding date(s).

They did issue my wife with a green piece of paper and said it would be at the discretion of the immigration officer as to weather or not she could leave the country with that paper and not the sticker!!!!

:23_116_6[1]:Yes, that "piece of green paper" is evidently exchangeable for the *sticker ... *which is [normally] required to be affixed to an emigrant's passport before s/he's allowed to leave the country, right?

Yes but arthur i explained that they have told us that she cannot have the sticker issued until the visa is valid, which is the night we fly, we are flying at 00.20am on 29th oct and they have told us to come back on 29th oct??? sticker then as our flight is 20 mins into the valid date.....

... but you previously mentioned your flight date as being Ocober 26< ... now you're saying it's the > 29th!? Which makes me think that CFO are telling you the sticker can be collected from the 26th onwards ... thus allowing you a margin of *3 days before you're due to fly IF, in fact, your flight IS on the LATTER date. *Not a lot of time, I admit, but it seems to be the way they work! Presumably, since you're flying out at such an ungodly hour of the morning, your flight will be from Manila. :rolleyes:

Someone, somewhere along the line, has evidently got their "wires crossed", as I've tried to explain; regrettably, therefore, the only way to resolve this issue properly, is to either raise the matter again with the CFO or consult the DFA.

axis22
10th October 2010, 11:03
For all the reading we have done i am still not clear about this cfo thing.Can anyone tell us do u have to book in advance in manila or quezon city for the spouse and fiance counselling? Do u book at one but not the other? And which days for uk? tuesday and friday? does that apply to both manila and quezon? We have read so much but cant seem to find the complete information?

Many thanks in advance

david and rose:):):Hellooo:

sars_notd_virus
10th October 2010, 11:44
For all the reading we have done i am still not clear about this cfo thing.Can anyone tell us do u have to book in advance in manila or quezon city for the spouse and fiance counselling? Do u book at one but not the other? And which days for uk? tuesday and friday? does that apply to both manila and quezon? We have read so much but cant seem to find the complete information?

Many thanks in advance

david and rose:):):Hellooo:

she can call and book an appointment with which cfo office closest or convenient for her(cfo manila,quezon,cebu) for counselling.
she will get 2certificates
1. counselling certificate
2. a certificate to be attach on her passport provided she already got her visa.

axis22
11th October 2010, 02:15
Thanks for the info:)
I spoke this morning to the secretary at the cfo in Quezon city and she said for the uk there were 3 slots every day monday to friday,8.30,10.30 and 3.30pm and advised to arrive one hour before and bring passport and visa and xerox copies.
Probably best to take as much id as possible just in case as requirements can vary judging by some of the posts i've read.
She said no need to book just turn up on day.
We are flying to uk 18th so she will probably go tmoro tuesday.:):)

thanks again

david and rose

GIANT
13th October 2010, 00:37
congratulations there im still waiting here :doh

GIANT
13th October 2010, 00:54
the answer may be this simple reshedule the flight to a later time sorry to be blunt but i have had and still having problems with embassy so i hope i dont have to put up with that as well

alesypalsy
16th October 2010, 13:08
the answer may be this simple reshedule the flight to a later time sorry to be blunt but i have had and still having problems with embassy so i hope i dont have to put up with that as well

I spent around 10 mins doing a reply then hit the post button and it had timed out! So i will make this one a lot shorter,,

We went yet again down to the cfo office on monday just gone,
they again would not give her the poxy sticker, women seemed to like to upset people made her happy to see my wife so disapointed,(swear word comes to mind)

We were told yet again she will have to get the sticker at the airport, we fly on the 29th of oct and the visa is valid from 29th oct, our flight is 00-20am so we hope there is no drama doing the cfo around 4 hours early. It says nothing on there website about going to get the sticker the date the visa starts, Hmmm what is the difference the blooming visa is in her passport and we trying to get arranged before hand so theres no loose ends,

as for changing the flight its to costly and i will cross the palm of any immigration bod who will let us exit should there be any problems at the airport.

here is a copy of what they say are the requirments, I dont see anything about visa needing to have already started,
P.s we had to sell a house here in the ph so my wife asked for the visa to start in 3 months thinking it would take a while to process the visa and sell the house, well we sold the house and the visa was processed in 2 days so thats why the delay for the visa start date.

What are the requirements for registration?

Filipino emigrants are required to present the following documents for registration:

Original valid passport
Original and photocopy of visa
One (1) 2x2 or passport-size photograph
One (1) valid identification card with photograph*
Original and photocopy of Immigrant Data Summary (for USA-bound emigrant)*
Original and photocopy of Confirmation of Permanent Residence (for Canada-bound emigrant)*
Photocopy of Certificate of Eligibility (for Japan-bound emigrant)*
Original and photocopy of letter of approval for Work to Residence visa (for New Zealand-bound emigrants)*
Photocopy of employment contract (for immigrant workers)
Duly completed registration form
Payment of P400.00 registration fee
Attendance in the PDOS, guidance counseling or peer counseling session

alesypalsy
16th October 2010, 13:11
P.s we also asked to see the director or supervisor or anyone in authority, we were told the boss was in canada, a complete fabrication if you ask me,
will be glad to get away from the place now have had it up to the neck with the rubbish:doh

Faye_and_Brian
22nd November 2010, 22:58

We have the same experience, I was advice by the agency that I have to attend CFO seminar first before lodging our fiancee visa requirements to VFS I did finish attending my CFO seminar and was so glad that I got the CFO greencard by that day. After the seminar I went to the CFO Office in Cebu near DFA office and said that I have to get back to get the sticker if I got the visa already on my passport but I they asked 400pesos already for the processing fee.

After 3days of the CFO Seminar which is Friday (Nov. 05,2010), I went to Manila to lodge all our application with the CFO green card on it. I got a text message from VFS that my application has been dispatched to the British Embassy that was Monday (Nov. 08,2010) was very excited if what will be the result on it and alas! on Wednesday (Nov. 10) got a text message of them that the processed application has been couriered with the application number via 2go, was very excited and felt like I had a butterflies in stomach every minute of that day and was so happy that I got a good result on that day, my Fiancee Visa has been approved in just only 2 days!.:Jump::Jump:

So, I went directly to the CFO because of my excitement that I got the visa and so that I can get a sticker from them, I was very disappointed :NoNo: because they said that they cant stamp my passport because the visa is not yet valid until the day of January 15th, 2011. I was arguing by the officer encharge because why they cant stamp/put a sticker on it since the visa is already there!, I just got an answer that your visa is not yet valid . :angry::angry: they can put a sticker on it during the validity period of my visa, the only problem I got is, we booked a flight already! and there is no office in Cebu on Saturday! how can I manage this?? they advised me that you can go to Manila CFO branch office since it is inside the Airport but how can I manage? if my flight from Cebu-Manila is 900-10:06am and my next flight from Manila-Manama is 12:05pm, I have to look for International airport and their office first and I have to carry my daughter with me too, thats ridiculous!... but good thing that I knew it early and now Im done moving my scheduled flight, instead of January 15th I moved it on January 18th which is Tuesday, I think I can surely get a stamped sticker on it.

My advise to you guys is, if you got the visa and you still dont have CFO sticker stamped on your passport DO NOT book a flight first, it is a big hassle on your part and so much wasting of money. Im just worried to my Fiance because he spent big amount on this matter.

And now, my problem is the travelling ticket agency told me that before I book a flight for my daughter I have to get a REDUCE TAX TRAVEL CERTIFICATE in Department of Tourism before they can book a flight for my daughter and there is a processing fee for 280pesos in DOT and 800pesos to the travel agency. I wondered why we have to pay for that certificate?? :Erm::Erm:

I hope this helps...

neallie
23rd November 2010, 06:41
Hi everyone.:)
I just got my spouse visa and wondering if I still need to get a CFO stictker before leaving the country. I thought its only for Filipinos married to foreign nationals that are going to ammend the surname in their passport.
It seems so ridiculous to get take this seminar as we are already married and for sure you already know your partner well enough. I think the Philippine Government has to sort out some laws and regulations as it doesnt make a sense. :NoNo:

grahamw48
23rd November 2010, 11:06
Agree....all total nonsense.

Considering that in the UK the only qualification both partners need to get married is to be over 16, single, and capable of saying 'I do'. :rolleyes:

Most don't actual trouble themselves to get married of course.

neallie
24th November 2010, 01:15
Hi. Just had an email from Smef-cow cebu about the documents that you need to bring along with you to take the seminar. (Copy and pasted below.)

Dear Maam,
Good morning.
About your inquiry just bring your orig and photocopies of your passport,nso marriage cert. and birth cert. 250.00 registration fee, photocopy of his passport or birth cert. wedding pictures,photocopy of legal capacity to marry or divorce paper.
We are open from monday to friday from 8a.m to 5p.m one whole day seminar this is walk-in registration first come first serve basis.

I feel like I am applying for another visa. How many times do we need to go through this performances? We are already married for 2 years and they still question our relationship. If they want to protect the Filipinos marrying a foreign nationals, why it should be done before they give the marraige certificate. This is a JOKE!.:cwm23:

If something is SIMPLE lets make it COMPLICATED!!!:ReadIt: Welcome to the PHILIPPINES!!

Faye_and_Brian
25th November 2010, 14:09
Hi. Just had an email from Smef-cow cebu about the documents that you need to bring along with you to take the seminar. (Copy and pasted below.)

Dear Maam,
Good morning.
About your inquiry just bring your orig and photocopies of your passport,nso marriage cert. and birth cert. 250.00 registration fee, photocopy of his passport or birth cert. wedding pictures,photocopy of legal capacity to marry or divorce paper.
We are open from monday to friday from 8a.m to 5p.m one whole day seminar this is walk-in registration first come first serve basis.

I feel like I am applying for another visa. How many times do we need to go through this performances? We are already married for 2 years and they still question our relationship. If they want to protect the Filipinos marrying a foreign nationals, why it should be done before they give the marraige certificate. This is a JOKE!.:cwm23:

If something is SIMPLE lets make it COMPLICATED!!!:ReadIt: Welcome to the PHILIPPINES!!

You dont have to worry about this seminar as long as you have known your partner so much. They will just only verify if you can answer all their questions and then if there is no problem. You can get the CFO certificate :):)

axelandpixel
13th December 2010, 00:20

I went there last February I think, to attend the seminar. It didn't take long really. We just had to watch short segments of a few Filipinas who got abused by their foreign partners. It took like 15mins only as far as I can remember. After that, the lecturer would just add something and then ask some questions - kinda like group sharing. Then, interviewed one by one and my interview didn't even take 5mins to be honest. She just looked at my application,asked like 2-3 questions (which all can be found on the form),and done. I guess the reason why she didn't complicate things for me was because my boyfriend(husband now)and I have the same age.But oh, before I went, she asked a picture of us and a parental consent. I brought loads of stuff so it wasn't a problem at all.

The Wurzel
5th June 2011, 23:24
What about for settlement unmarried visa...does my partner still need to attend the CFO also????

grahamw48
5th June 2011, 23:51
I think everyone planning to settle or work abroad needs to attend.

It is an opportunity for the Phils govt. to lecture the applicant on how to send their money back to the Phils (the real reason behind the seminar :rolleyes:) and how to avoid the perils of living in the wicked west. :)

tone
18th June 2011, 22:24
parental consent. I brought loads of stuff so it wasn't a problem at all.
Dont see a letter from parents listed a requirement!
DO they make it up!!

Thanks for sharing your experiences.

Tone

BoholoX
28th June 2011, 04:40
We had ours in Cebu. I thought I had covered everything with regard to requirements, but we were initially refused. I had forgot to pack Mum in Law who they wanted to interview. So we had to ship her up from Bohol the following week so the nun's could interview her although of course she had already given her written consent for the marriage.

Arthur Little
28th June 2011, 23:48
I had forgot to pack Mum in Law who they wanted to interview. So we had to ship her up from Bohol the following week so the nun's could interview her although of course she had already given her written consent for the marriage.

:anerikke: ... oh well ... at least you didn't have to "dig her up" to prove she ever existed. Forgive my filippancy :rolleyes: ... but the whole CFO concept seems to me to be verging on the ridiculous! :doh

tone
8th August 2011, 12:58
Wow
I was just talking to Rina about this.
She has received the SMS/Emails saying she can pickup her passport and documents tomorrow at 3pm. so before this she is meeting one of the girls she met at hopkins and her plan is as follows - does this sound ok??

She is going to the PRISM tomorrow 6am queue up for the seminar.
She has -
-400 php fee (she has more money if required)
-2 forms of Photo ID and
-knows where I work
-my mums maiden name.
-photos of us together
-Copy of my passport
DOES she need anything else?

Then she is going to Makati to get her passport and supporting documents back, her plan is to go to CFO fill in registration document and then get the passport stamped.

Then she has two days of peace before coming to England on friday morning

Is this plan foolproof? :D

Cheers

Tone

Lady_Ivy
8th August 2011, 14:03
CFO--Commission on Filipino Overseas

Here's a link...

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1347:for-filipinos-leaving-the-country-with-an-immigrant-visa&catid=139

Terpe
8th August 2011, 21:10
Tone,
You must know now that not much is foolproof :Erm:
Looks like a tight plan, it should all be OK.
Good luck to both

scott&ligaya
9th August 2011, 10:12
how did her day go Tone? did all go as planned?

sars_notd_virus
9th August 2011, 10:28
She is going to the PRISM tomorrow 6am queue up for the seminar

I didnt attend seminar ,its one on one interview for uk spouses/fiances(unless it changed) ...why not get her passport and visa first then attend cfo for interview/certificate and cfo stamp?

tone
9th August 2011, 10:37
Hi Guys
I'm not entirely aware what happened only that Rina turned up around 6.30am and there was a lot of people there! She didnt eat!

She finished the seminar and got her certificate by 2.45pm!
Just got to VFS in time to collect her documents and passport but the :furious3: visa isnt valid until next tuesday so she aint gonna be coming this weekend!!!
She was so dead by the time she got the passport back that she has gone for food and home to get some rest and will go to the CFO tomorrow and do the registration bit and hopefully get her passport stamped! Unless of course some idiot says no cos the visa is not valid yet!!!

What do you think - will she get the CFO stamp tomorrow if the visa isnt valid until Tuesday 16th?

Thanks for the warm words.. she is most of the way there!

Tone

scott&ligaya
9th August 2011, 12:01
that is a shame Tone, but keep your chin up, just a couple more hurdles, I do hope her ticket is easily changeable and does not cost you yet again.

Terpe
9th August 2011, 12:02
What do you think - will she get the CFO stamp tomorrow if the visa isnt valid until Tuesday 16th?

Thanks for the warm words.. she is most of the way there!

Tone

I wouldn't count on it for tomorrow Tone.
Although having said that I recall a couple of people on here reporting that they were able to complete a couple of days before visa validity.
Maybe they will post here how.

tone
9th August 2011, 14:06
I wouldn't count on it for tomorrow Tone.
Although having said that I recall a couple of people on here reporting that they were able to complete a couple of days before visa validity.
Maybe they will post here how.

So really its not worth her trying to go there tomorrow? Maybe I'll suggest she goes there on Monday in that case cos theres no point wasting time and money to travel there..

Scott - Not booked the ticket yet mate as I didnt wanna go through yet more stress of changing a ticket so as per advice on this thread I decided "get the CFO stamp" then book the ticket :)

I have also noticed the price of flights to LHR are nearly 40% cheaper than to Brum! Kuwait airlines £381! Are they that bad!

Again thanks for youre help gents!
Cheers
Tone

scott&ligaya
9th August 2011, 14:58
She will be fine with Kuwait as long as she is not next to one of the many Arab gents who do not seem to know what deodourant is :doh:doh, what is the stop over time? seems like it is overnight in Hong Kong

scott&ligaya
9th August 2011, 15:09
might be worth checking Hong Kong to London , send her to HK with a cheap Cebu Pacific ticket

lastlid
22nd August 2011, 22:54
Hi All,

My wife is going to the CFO on thursday. She isnt confident she will even be seen as she is struggling for ID right now. She has her passport and has just got a Voters Certficate and is waiting on a Postal ID. Anyhow she is going to give it a go.

We are both a little worried as we both get the impression that she might well be subject to close scrutiny / refused a CFO sticker as there is a significant age gap between us and she is quite young (virtually 24 years of age) and also we have only known each other for just about 6 months with 2 visits from myself to her and her family. We are married.

Any crumb of comfort out there on this? Do you think she is likely to be given a hard time? Ours is a genuine relationship and we get on very very well.

Thankyou.

grahamw48
22nd August 2011, 23:53
Sounds about normal to me. :icon_lol:

Stop worrying. ;)

GraceAdam
23rd August 2011, 04:27
hi everyone,

Can anyone help me..

what are the requirements in getting the CFO? Thank you so much

Grace from Cebu :) xx

Davao lani
23rd August 2011, 07:46
Hello, GraceAdam! Here are the list of requirements for CFO: Requirements for Attendance to Guidance and Counseling Program

Two (2) valid identification cards (IDs) with photograph;
Duly completed guidance and counseling form;
If married, certified true copy and photocopy of marriage contract on security paper from the National Statistics Office, or Local Civil Registry Offices; or original and photocopy of marriage contract duly authenticated by the Philippine Embassy/ Consulate (if married abroad)
Other documents as may be required by the
counselors; and
Payment of P250.00 counseling fee. AND Requirements for Registration

Original and photocopy of Passport;
Original and photocopy of visa;
Original and photocopy of Immigrant Data Summary for US bound/ Confirmation of Permanent Residence for Canada bound/ Certification of Eligibility (for Japan-bound);
Original CFO guidance and counseling certificate;
Duly completed emigrant registration form; and
Payment of the authorized registration fee. This is the website-http://www.cfo.gov.ph. Hope this will help you...

Davao lani
23rd August 2011, 07:53
Original and photocopy of Immigrant Data Summary for US bound/ Confirmation of Permanent Residence for Canada bound/ Certification of Eligibility (for Japan-bound);

I did "copy/paste"...these two definitely not included :)

Additional info for the fee:

You will pay a fee totaling PhP 650.00. The PhP 250.00 is paid as counseling fee at SMEF-COW or PRISM while the PhP 400.00 is for registration at the CFO.

lastlid
23rd August 2011, 11:47
Link for St Mary Euphrasias CFO Quezon City

http://www.smef-cow-phil.org/index.php?option=com_contact&view=contact&id=1&Itemid=53

It looks like she is okay to go on thursday. I phoned the CFO this morning, the one in Quezon City and they have said that a passport and voting certificate is good for ID

We have no idea if this is any better or othewise than the PRISM option but she is going to this one (St Mary Euphrasias) as her chums are going there too.

Davao lani
23rd August 2011, 11:56
Hello, lastlid! I got my certificate at SMEF-COW in Quezon City. It's mainly because I stayed in Cainta, that's the nearest one. But it's fine..

lastlid
23rd August 2011, 12:26
Oh Good. Any difficulties? Or did it all go smoothly?

lastlid
24th August 2011, 07:09
We had a bit of a quizz last night, for my wife to memorise my details..........mothers maiden name, my shoe size, favourite colour etc etc
It was fun also. CFO visit tomorrow :omg:

Davao lani
24th August 2011, 07:41
It's fine lastlid. That's good idea..but I think it's only your job or profession or educational background is being asked there and your contact details here in UK.

lastlid
25th August 2011, 06:33
Just got a text from my wife at the SMEF-COW CFO in Manila. And she says she is just about to get her yellow sticker! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Visa application submission is next on the list.

2 points from us on the CFO:

1] If the husband has been divorced then a copy of the Decree Absolute is required at the CFO

2] My wife didnt have a photo print of the two of us, she just showed a pic or two in her mobile phone.

I had one text from her when she was there asking me for my postcode in the UK as she didnt have it with her.

It would be so nice for others in future for the CFO to be a bit more specifc about what is required at the seminar, as it is so difficult a place to get to, unless you live in Manila.

grahamw48
25th August 2011, 10:25
I seem to remember sitting with the wife-to-be at the seminar, just scowling and muttering to the floor what absolute bull it was. :icon_lol:

lastlid
25th August 2011, 10:36
Oh Damn. It was the yellow certificate only today. She is going for the green certificate next week. Then the sticker after she gets her visa.

What a carryon....:icon_lol:

lastlid
25th August 2011, 14:58
Well. My wife has just told me that she found the CFO quite useful. But to be fair she is young and not a seasoned traveller. So I can see why she might think that.

On the other hand the stuff on life in the UK sounded a bit simplistic, from what she told me.

But from the sound of it, it was a doddle. Thankfully. Much to my relief.

guyki
25th August 2011, 20:57
Oh Damn. It was the yellow certificate only today. She is going for the green certificate next week. Then the sticker after she gets her visa.

What a carryon....:icon_lol:

:yikes: I pressumed provide the visa is valid everything is issued on the same day certificate & CFO passport sticker ??

lastlid
25th August 2011, 21:37
Hi Guyki

It seems there is 2 ways to do this.

1] Do the seminar first before the visa is issued. Then get the sticker after getting the visa.....or

2] Do the seminar and get the sticker after the visa is issued, all on the same day, like you have just said.

Why bother doing two trips when it can be done in one? I dont know, but in my wifes case she wanted to do the seminar bit with her mates as she was scared of the stories she had heard and didnt want to do the seminar on her own.

Also an excuse to spend the afternoon in the Mall of Asia.....:icon_lol:

lastlid
9th September 2011, 07:55
CFO Experience Stage 2

My wife chose to do it the long way round. She got the yellow certificate 2 weeks ago and got the green certificate today. So she will be back for the sticker, if and when she gets her visa.

lastlid
19th September 2011, 06:39
Today my wife went back to the CFO with her visa in her mit for the CFO sticker and encountered a problem as she couldnt remember my ZIP (post) code when they asked her for it....again! But when she texted me for it my phone was off. We hadnt expected more questions at this late stage and thought it would be a formality having gained the green and yellow certificates previously. :omg:

Eventually, after much stress, I had woken and checked my phone, switched it on and got her message and texted her my ZIP code.

After that all done.

Probably better to get the CFO thing done all on one day, I reckon......

Anyhow...good news is that she has got the CFO sticker in her passport.

RickyR
19th September 2011, 07:51
Now I'm starting to worry about this process for my wife. The first thing is which seminar, UK or Middle East because she's married to a Brit but coming to the Middle East. The other point is that because of who I work for, the visa is prepared and given to her on arrival... Will be interesting to see how this one pans out! :doh

lastlid
19th September 2011, 08:04
WOW. Wish I could help you there. I have seen the occasional CFO post on here by people who are in a similar position to yourself. I recall it led to confusion at the CFO as I recall.

I take it you are in the oil industry?

From my own point of view I thought the Isle of Man would be problematic with the folk at the CFO but in actual fact it wasn't.

lykayu01
3rd October 2011, 06:59
Hi i plan to go get Gcc at SmefCow qc.... Wonder of the form that they are talking about is to be printed out by me or they will give it to me when i arrive there to fill it up... Its on the list of requirements

Davao lani
3rd October 2011, 08:04
Hello, lykayu01! I copied here the requirements. Maybe you are asking for requirement no.2. So that is it, they will issue the form. Hope this will help you...

Requirements for Guidance Counseling
*Two (2) valid identification cards (IDs) with photograph;
*Duly completed guidance and counseling form to be issued by SMEF-COW upon registration;
*If married, certified true copy and photocopy of marriage contract on security paper from the National Statistics Office, or Local Civil Registry Offices; or original and photocopy of marriage contract duly authenticated by the Philippine Embassy/Consulate (if married abroad)
Other documents as may be required by the counselors; and
Payment of P250.00 counseling fee.
Note: After attending the guidance and counseling requirements in SMEF-COW, you can proceed to the CFO within the building who will issue the guidance and counseling certificate. After receipt of the passport and visa, Filipino spouses and other partners of foreign nationals will have to register with CFO prior to their departure. CFO has an extension office in SMEF-COW building for immediate release of CFO Guidance and Counseling Certificate. And CFO Registration Sticker (An emigrant registration sticker) is affixed to the emigrant’s passport as proof of registration (if with Visa). Registration is done from Monday to Friday, 8:00a.m. to 5:00p.m.

sm1971
3rd May 2012, 07:07
Is it possible to avoid the CFO altogether? E.g. buy a return ticket to Singapore, then take a flight from Singapore to the UK?

Terpe
3rd May 2012, 08:06
Is it possible to avoid the CFO altogether? E.g. buy a return ticket to Singapore, then take a flight from Singapore to the UK?

CFO sticker is only necessary for specific visa's.
If the visa is in the passport then the immigration officer will look for the CFO sticker.

If the designated visa is not in the passport there's no requirement for CFO stcker.

Hope this helps you

Kmg423
4th May 2012, 01:05
after reading this thread, i came to realize that i have to attend this seminar / guidance counselling thing...:Erm:

i know that this is very helpful for those Filipinos that don't have any idea of what they are going to experience outside Philippines...Getting married to a foreign national is indeed different compared to getting married to the same nationality..

Giving Filipinos insights and tips and brief discussions of reality and cultural indifferences is nice and will be very helpful..Many Filipinos have undergone sufferings and maltreatment after marriage to some foreign but of course people do experience these even if of the same nationality...

The only thing i don not agree is the fact that after people received visa and was not given the CFO sticker is quite unacceptable...They should accept the fact the VISA is already there...

Well this is Philippines...what do u expect? lol

I can imagine the Hospitality of people in governmental institution like CFO....lol:laugher:

cebu_401
6th February 2014, 20:35
dar cfo certificate when wehn with my wife nad we had to be there all day ? and to get my wife a passpoert was a night mare . just a way tio get moor money off us

cebu_401
6th February 2014, 20:39

Commission on Filipinos Overseas (

chrisincebu
7th April 2014, 12:48
The wife went 3 times in Cebu for her CFO seminar las tmonth. The first two attempts she was too late for a registration space. She went at 3AM!!!!!!!!!! People were going for registration the evening before and sleeping on the floor overnight. and it seems the guard there is willing to accept 'donations' if you want to gain a space without the wait..... this is of no surprise. Thankfully we live just up the road from the building but there are people who came from far away just to be turned down even though they turned up at the normal registration time.

She did make me laugh though. One of things discussed was proof of relationship. Some of the girls waved the receipts of money sent to them over the last few months.....and they say romance is dead?

apolaki
13th June 2014, 08:04
Question on the CFO, is this required for all Filipinos who are moving overseas for settlement? Or just for Filipinos who will be leaving the Philippines to join their foreign national spouses?

Anne2014
11th August 2014, 14:37
Whoa! 3AM!! I was told to go to CFO Cebu at 6am. I just don't understand why they don't have online appointment like Manila.. :Erm:

FilipinaDiver
12th August 2014, 21:06
The wife went 3 times in Cebu for her CFO seminar las tmonth. The first two attempts she was too late for a registration space. She went at 3AM!!!!!!!!!! People were going for registration the evening before and sleeping on the floor overnight. and it seems the guard there is willing to accept 'donations' if you want to gain a space without the wait..... this is of no surprise. Thankfully we live just up the road from the building but there are people who came from far away just to be turned down even though they turned up at the normal registration time.

She did make me laugh though. One of things discussed was proof of relationship. Some of the girls waved the receipts of money sent to them over the last few months.....and they say romance is dead?

I saw the same thing last Monday when I attended the seminar!! The girls were carrying western union receipts! The counsellor asked for photos and the husband's or fiance's passport page photocopy too. Weird that she didn't ask for mine so I asked her why she didn't! And she just said, "Ma'am you've been in to the UK for 11 times, your relationship is genuine!"

Anne2014
13th August 2014, 03:33
I saw the same thing last Monday when I attended the seminar!! The girls were carrying western union receipts! The counsellor asked for photos and the husband's or fiance's passport page photocopy too. Weird that she didn't ask for mine so I asked her why she didn't! And she just said, "Ma'am you've been in to the UK for 11 times, your relationship is genuine!"

Glad to hear you haven't encountered any problems at CFO as I heard horrible stories about it especially here in Cebu.

So they can gauge the genuineness of the relationship now??? Oh c'mon...:NoNo:

sars_notd_virus
13th August 2014, 08:56
An Update:

My Mum registered my eight year old daughter with CFO-Manila (July 2014). It was an excellent service according to her (She even left a little note with their office to commend the staff) :xxgrinning--00xx3:

My only advice is to read the CFO website before going to their office.

Take note of all the requirements and make sure you read all your documents so that if they ask simple questions, ie: The address you will be staying at in UK? Where does your sponsor work? ..you will be able to answer them.

sars_notd_virus
13th August 2014, 09:09
Question on the CFO, is this required for all Filipinos who are moving overseas for settlement? Or just for Filipinos who will be leaving the Philippines to join their foreign national spouses?

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=section&id=12&Itemid=789

Established on 16 June 1980 through Batas Pambansa 79, the Commission on Filipinos Overseas (CFO) is an agency of the Philippine Government tasked to promote and uphold the interests of Filipino emigrants and permanent residents abroad, and to preserve and strengthen ties with Filipino communities overseas.

The evolution of the Commission on Filipinos Overseas can be traced over a series of policy pronouncements. Presidential Decree No. 442 (Labor Code of the Philippines), which was passed in 1974, created the Overseas Employment Development Board in order to set up a systematic program for the overseas employment of Filipino workers, as well as to register and monitor emigrants leaving for various countries. The following years were characterized by a steady increase in migration, thus making it necessary to establish an independent unit which would constitute a local support network solely for Filipino emigrants. In June 1978, Presidential Decree No. 1412 was passed the Office of Emigrant Affairs (OEA). The decree specifically identified Filipino emigrants as the recipients of its services.

In June 1980, Batas Pambansa Blg. 79 was enacted to strengthen the government's policy on the promotion of migrant welfare and interest. It created the Commission on Filipinos Overseas which replaced OEA but retained and further expanded its mandate.

The CFO registers and provides pre-departure orientation seminars to emigrants. It also promotes the transfer of technology as well as material and financial contributions from overseas for development projects in underserved communities all over the Philippines. It also provides younger generations of Filipinos overseas with opportunities to learn Philippine history and culture.

timi
17th April 2015, 08:54
check valid I/ds are government issued
also photos of relationship scan of fiancée passport and his visas .
I have emailed cfo as they state in wbsite FAQ ''requirements ''#4
any other documents as may be required by the counsellors
I loved that.will post more when I find out

Anne2014
17th April 2015, 11:22
check valid I/ds are government issued
also photos of relationship scan of fiancée passport and his visas .
I have emailed cfo as they state in wbsite FAQ ''requirements ''#4
any other documents as may be required by the counsellors
I loved that.will post more when I find out

They took a copy of me and my husband's childhood photos. I didn't mind cause I got loads of them :anerikke: