PDA

View Full Version : Where can I find a Filippino Nanny?

DMcCleary
22nd December 2008, 16:34
Dear All, Does anyone know if there are any UK Pinoy forums/websites where I can advertise to find a Filippino nanny? My wife and I want our children (2 & 5) to learn Tagalog.

Mrs.JMajor
23rd December 2008, 02:28
why u want your kids to learn Tagalog ? Is it you or your wife (Filipino) ?

Piamed
23rd December 2008, 10:04
We'll certainly teach our kids Tagalog also and some Surigaonon in time. It will be useful for them as we hope to go and live in da Phils at some point, even for just a couple of yeas.

I'll teach them a few basic words in Yoruba, but as I don't much like Nigeria and have no intention of ever going there again, there is little point in teaching them more than that (a little will keep my mum happy, ;-) )

DMcCleary
23rd December 2008, 12:30
Yes, my wife is Filipina. We think it is extremely important our kids have a strong sense of their cultural heritage and language is so important. For the last 3.5 years, we have been extremely lucky in that my children have had a Filipina nanny. She wants to head back to the Philippines now and we would like to find someone else who would like to look after my children long term.

Interesting, a great many times when traveling abroad and found ourselves lost, we have always been able to find a Filipino who can help us. Tagalog is up there with English, Spanish and Chinese as one of the most useful languages in the world!

vbkelly
23rd December 2008, 14:32
Yes, my wife is Filipina. We think it is extremely important our kids have a strong sense of their cultural heritage and language is so important. For the last 3.5 years, we have been extremely lucky in that my children have had a Filipina nanny. She wants to head back to the Philippines now and we would like to find someone else who would like to look after my children long term.

Interesting, a great many times when traveling abroad and found ourselves lost, we have always been able to find a Filipino who can help us. Tagalog is up there with English, Spanish and Chinese as one of the most useful languages in the world!

you can hire my sister she is a teacher but my sister is their in taiwan at the moment but she's going home by 10th january. and i can sponsor her aswell

DMcCleary
23rd December 2008, 16:14
Is your sister coming back to London?

Seth
5th January 2009, 04:24
Hi! Would you sponsor the right nanny to come to London? I know tagalog and visayan language. Visayan and surigaon0n language are alm0st the same.

IainBusby
5th January 2009, 12:10
Hi! Would you sponsor the right nanny to come to London? I know tagalog and visayan language. Visayan and surigaon0n language are alm0st the same.

Even if you found someone who was willing to sponsor you to come to the UK as a nanny, there is absolutely no chance of being granted a work permit to come here as a nanny these days I'm afraid.
Iain.

Seth
5th January 2009, 13:10
Yeah, i understand n0w. S0meone told me about the rules this afternoon. Actually, there is a family interested of my service in London, but it seems impossible to get a visa for that. (sigh).

LizSteve
24th January 2009, 22:55
Dear All, Does anyone know if there are any UK Pinoy forums/websites where I can advertise to find a Filippino nanny? My wife and I want our children (2 & 5) to learn Tagalog.

HEllo Mc Cleary,

I just arrived here in Uk December, I wonder if where s your place. I am not doing anything at the moment and getting a little bit bored. It would be a help for me If i could bring myself to expose to kids as I like kids too.

May I know what place are you in to consider about it?

I am Filipina, 30 years old.

ljarvis
30th January 2009, 23:03
LizSteve: I have a friend in Wales shes due to have a baby on May and she needed someone to help her. if u are interested please email me at ljarvis333@ntlworld.com