PDA

View Full Version : should i send her money??

jakeob
13th September 2006, 21:25
Hi group,,

I have been exchanging letters with a girl for a few days,,,she never asked for money,,but when i asked her why she didnt web cam ,,she reluctently told me she didnt have enough money to use the web cam,, i asumed at the internet cafe, they charge extra,,, so i decided to offer to send her £20 quid to pay for the internet ect,.

At first she refused,,and didnt seem intrested in the money,, but in the end she accepted so i sent it..

Then i got an email,, ""Thanks for the money, but i had to spend it on my studies ect ect,,,,still no web cam ,,but lots of "Sorry dears"

Well i told her to get lost,,,and not to bother me again,,,I have never sent money to anyone i havent met before,,,so whats the general rule here...

thanks neil,,,:doh

KeithD
13th September 2006, 21:55
That was probably the cheapest Filipino around .....£20....costs me that for one Durian :yikes: :bigcry:

I'd talk for over a month before mentioning money, that gives them ample time to do so, as if they are looking to rip you off, they tend to move on if they see they are not getting anywhere with you.

Try looking on a dating site, and contact a few for the first few weeks. You'll then get to know the really nice one.

baboyako
13th September 2006, 22:03
exactly :doh

I rekon this is a troll - how do you send 20quid to the phil? paypal maybe?

exchanging letters? :cwm3::NoNo:

kuripot

Eljohno
13th September 2006, 22:10
Do not sent money to someone you just met, period!!!!
You were right to say goodbye as she never was going to pay for the net.
The net in the Philippines is very inexpensive compared to here.

baboyako
13th September 2006, 22:15
about 20 pesos an hour is the norm.

most places have a cam

jakeob
13th September 2006, 22:17
I sent it by western union,,, and it cost me £12 quid for there fee,,so £32 in total

not to worry,, back to FH

neil

Eljohno
13th September 2006, 22:19
I sent it by western union,,, and it cost me £12 quid for there fee,,so £32 in total

not to worry,, back to FH

neil

Be careful neil as i met a guy from usa who had sent his girl $4000 for the wedding arrangments before meeting only to find out it was a gay guy:doh

jakeob
13th September 2006, 22:39
It sounds about right for a yank:) i hope he didnt get his money's worth,,oooowww,,,lol

baboyako
13th September 2006, 22:49
chix with dix - twice then fun :xxgrinning--00xx3::yikes::doh

russ01539
13th September 2006, 23:01
I never sent any money to asawa ko until we had first met in person, that was 7 months after we met. She never asked for it either, but when I offered i found it was gratefully accepted, and well spent.

You will know when you have found the right girl. She will respect you the same way you respect her.

Good luck and hapy hunting Neil.

aromulus
14th September 2006, 01:27
Jet never asks me for a penny,
but once a month I send her $100, via xoom, through my paypal account. They only charge a couple of quid.
This to pay for the phone line and monthly broadband bills from home. as I did bring her a PC from the UK on my last trip in May.
I keep telling her, that whatever is left over, it is her money, but she insists on showing me the receipts when i go back in february. The only thing she asks me for, is permission to do this that or the other... Which leaves me speechless at times.

janice
14th September 2006, 07:48
OH, my. Don't easily be fooled by chatters especially at net cafe, Neil. Be careful next time. Good luck!

More power to this site! God bless!

scotsfiancee
14th September 2006, 12:22
Internet cafe is only 12pesos per hour with cam!!!!!!!!!! where she livin? do you think shes a lady or trying to be a lady? Don't put your trust to a person whom you havent met. Pls be aware to that....

KeithD
14th September 2006, 15:35
Talking of trust.....I lent Scots my BRAND NEW car........now look....:bigcry: :bigcry:

http://www.public.iastate.edu/~jscapill/car-crashes-into-boat-weird-crash-pictures.jpg

russ01539
14th September 2006, 18:19
That parking is not bad for a filipino !

KeithD
14th September 2006, 19:12
Yeah, but she left the door open, it could get stolen :icon_lol:

scotsfiancee
15th September 2006, 03:35
I heard it Keith ..........:cwm23:

KeithD
15th September 2006, 09:18
More to the point, why where you trying to drive onto MY boat? :D

nigel
16th September 2006, 23:39
I think you might be overeacting Neil (jakeob), these girls haven't got much money...and you only gave her 20 quid...keep in touch with her i say! She may turn out to be a nice girl!

aromulus
17th September 2006, 00:57
Yeah, net cafe chatters.

While i was overthere in May, I went to the cafe on a couple of occasions to check my mail, with Jet. We were gobsmacked really on realizing how some of those girls are organized.
I was observing a nice looking chick, save the conversation just finished on a floppy disk, then nonchalantly, slide a different floppy in the drive, read whatever was on it, at first, and then start chatting with some other bloke.... And the clobber she was wearing, was designer gear... NOT fakes. Being in direct sales, I tend to to look for the signs for a sale... and I definitively could not afford to buy THAT watch for Jet ko. Even if I wanted to.

But, what i wanted to say is, don't write her off yet. as someone else said in a previous post, she might just turn out to be allright.

On the other hand, she is just too shy to show herself to a stranger, or too conscious about the way she looks.

But don't send money again.
Not until you actually met and decided that you have something in common to start building a relationship with.

Dom

Jay&Zobel
17th September 2006, 17:01
u know your girl better neil...

again trust the guttfeeling!

But pls no money involved just yet... its too soon

jakeob
17th September 2006, 20:32
Yeh this money thing has got me a bit confused, i understand there poor and internet cost money, but i have to laugh when they mention money in there first 7 or8 lines in yahoo messenger.
I would hope they would at least build up some kind of relationship before money comes in to it.. I had one girl saying it would be a good idea if i sent her $300 for a dog for her birthday next week,,only so she would think about me off course,,lol

it would be much better if i could pay for the internet connection from this end and never any need for money to come into it,, would be great if yahoo offered this service

neil

KeithD
17th September 2006, 21:04
You can all send me money :xxgrinning--00xx3:

baboyako
17th September 2006, 21:32
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/8e/Php_coin_1_obv.png sure!

scotsfiancee
18th September 2006, 04:13
What can i buy for that 1 peso baboyako? That's only good for 1 ice water in the store :icon_lol:

Jakeob, if you feel that you want to send her money, i think there would not be a problem unless if you make it as a problem :cwm24:

IainBusby
18th September 2006, 16:05
is 10 grand enough to sort out financial issues?

Do you mean 10 grand UK or 10 grand pesos?
Iain.

KeithD
18th September 2006, 17:41
£10,000 is more than enough, unless she wants a yacht :)

jakeob
18th September 2006, 20:49
10k what financial issues,,,arrr money in the bank before she comes?? i see ,,, nice preasent :)