PDA

View Full Version : Birth certificate

wiggs
21st December 2008, 20:03
Hi everyone... Now I'm thinking ahead and as me and hopefully my fiance get engaged in the near future id like to find out about her daughter who is 2 years old she has no birth certificate at all don't think she has been registered and her real father hasn't been around since day 1. What we would like to know is can my surname be placed on the birth certificate as her father after we get married giving her my name and then register her or can it be done before.

joebloggs
22nd December 2008, 00:55
Hi everyone... Now I'm thinking ahead and as me and hopefully my fiance get engaged in the near future id like to find out about her daughter who is 2 years old she has no birth certificate at all don't think she has been registered and her real father hasn't been around since day 1. What we would like to know is can my surname be placed on the birth certificate as her father after we get married giving her my name and then register her or can it be done before.

thou you have good intentions, I'm not so sure it would be a good idea, the embassy might get suspicious of how you can be the father when you wasn't in the phils or didn't even know her then:Erm:, they could ask for a dna test, and i wonder if the embassy would say that your using fraud to obtain a visa if found out, and the child/mother could face a ban from coming to the uk..:NoNo:

i think it's better if the baby is not registered to register the child and leave it blank where the fathers name is, then you shouldn't have a problem obtaining a settlement visa for the mother and child then.

but maybe a filipina would have a better idea if what you want to do is legal in the phils :Erm: i doubt it is thou:Erm:

get her here, and then you could try adopting her or she can change her name when she is older by deed poll. i didn't bother trying to change my stepsons surname, end of the day i am his step father. and i thought it better he keep his family name.

Mrs.JMajor
22nd December 2008, 01:05
you can't do that,you have to adopt her properly (adoption paper) by a lawyer,its not as easy as u gonna put your name on her BC

And as joe says ,it is better that the father wasn't on her BC,easy and no question from the ECO,

joebloggs
22nd December 2008, 01:48
its not as easy as u gonna put your name on her BC

even if you adopt her, i'm sure you can not change her name on any birth cert.i think adoption you can apply for a passport in her new name etc, or change anything else apart from anything on a birth cert.

vbkelly
22nd December 2008, 10:31
i don't know how its work because his fiancee's daughter has no BC and he wants to adopt the baby and as long as the baby no BC im not sure if he can adopt the baby and baptise the baby again.

john sergison
22nd December 2008, 10:35
my wife had a child from her first relationship and lucky for her she never put the fathers name on the birth certificate.

if the fathers name is on the certificate and the mum wants to go abroad and take the child it can causes a lot of problems from the father.

if your girl is going to come to UK first and then later you will bring the child then there are some things you would be better to do while your gf is still in the philippines because if she does it from the UK it will give you a headache in your head and your pocket. i know because my step daughter is here now.

if your gf is in the UK and the child is in the PH then you need to do this.

someone in the PH will need to apply for a passport for the child so you need power of attorny form filling in and signed by a notary in the UK.

then you need a form giving parental permission for the child to traval abroad again signed by a notary in the UK.

there is a third form which is a combination of two forms which really should not be needed but when we made the application the PH wanted it so we go it done and sent it , notarized again plus courier service.

so as you can see it starts to cost.

if you want to ask me anything then leave me contact details .

john sergison

Mrs.JMajor
22nd December 2008, 12:47
Lucky i get passport my 2 kids while i am here in PI and no need for me to fill a form as i am gonna pick them up,so they will travel w/ me,one thing bother me,no one will gonna give to UKVAC the documents,or i wonder if i can apply them online, but need the fingerprinting for my 14 yrs old

jta
22nd December 2008, 13:45
hi wiggs,

best thing to do is let your fiancee to go to Civil Registry in the Philippines ask the officer of what is best options, whether u stand as father on the late registration of BC (never heard this option unless the kid is white same as u and both of u will lie and pretend to be that u are real father ( too risky specially somebody knows the real father) OR Apply late registration of BC with blank on father side and take the surename of mother OR you will adopt the child but i'm sure u will need affidavit of consent from father. For me the best thing to do is let your fiancee apply for late registration of Birth certificate and leave it blank for the father section and should take surename same as her/mother, then if she have NSO copy she can apply passport for the child and no problem. Hope this will help....

wiggs
23rd December 2008, 23:08
Thanks everyone for your advise. Joebloggs the Last thing i want to do is jeopardise my fiance and her daughters future by getting them baned from coming to the UK.All we really want is for her to have the same surname as us when we get married,my son has my surname and we decided we didn't want her to be left out.Her biological father doesn't want to know her that's why hes not going to go on the birth certificate no contact since birth his choice not hers.Adoption sounds like a headache if we need to get an affidavit of consent from the father,well god nos what problems were get then.I guess were have to see a lawyer and spend some £????.anyway Thanks all.

joebloggs
23rd December 2008, 23:24
start by looking here...

http://www.ukdps.co.uk/CanIChangeMyChildrensNames.html cost £35.

as for putting your name down as the father, give your local law centre a call, they should have a immigration lawyer who you can ask.

wiggs
23rd December 2008, 23:54
Thanks ill sort that out after Christmas all the best.

LizSteve
24th January 2009, 12:44

Hello Wiggs,

I am a 3rd year law student in the Philippines. Yet, I do not know much visa processing. But for your convenient and easiest way, Let your fiancee go to the Registrar,and file a late registration of her child. Stating that the child was born out of wedlock and so ask them not to put the father's name into the documents. I think even she will not tell that specifically, the registrar, automatically leave the father's name if she is single. But to make it sure without coming back again and correcting it, let her make sure, the father is Blank.

Joe was right. It create doubt, and would tend to another issue if you put your name after the childs name, because they gonna ask you that, and perhaps, the registrar will doubt. So better, leave it clean.

Once you will apply for visa, of which, I suggest you will apply for spouse visa. it is easier among the other type. The child will go also along with the mother.

So if everything goes well, plan to get married in the Philippines before coming to UK. Its cheaper and easy. If you need people to assist you, don't hesitate to talk to me about the matter. Its my pleasure to give service to those who needs advice.

IF you don't know how and what documents you need to get married in the Philippiens, I can help you that. and also, I could recommend you a good lawyer who can help you. He doesnt charge you for any consultation, unless you would offer, just tell him , Im your friend in UK>that would let you have his attention.

When God bless you, and finally get your fiancee and child here, the child can start using your name after her/his name even in the school and in all documents you wanted him to appeared like that. It doesnt create a problem, make sure the forename is proper as it will create discrepancy to Philippine Law.

Then by the time you want to share the child generousity, money, inheritance like that...you can start to think adoption and the cheap way to do that, visit again philippines, spend vacation, and there...process the adoption. What is legal in the Philippines, also recognized here. After adoption, the child became entitled to his right under your country law.

Hope it helps. but if any further enquiries, write me back :)

Jay&Zobel
24th January 2009, 12:55
I have seen a birth certificate of an illegitamate child:

FATHER:
Unknown

Unknown...

Best to keep it that way... then. adopt the kid when you get married...

joebloggs
24th January 2009, 13:16
i would have thought adopting would be costly and time consuming, when you marry you will be her stepfather, so why adopt ? , maybe you can do this instead, worth finding out about, i'm sure it would be cheaper and easier if you changed her surname by deed poll when she is here, and when her mom gets citizenship, and you can register the child, apply for a British passport for your step daughter in your surname,

Jay&Zobel
24th January 2009, 14:12
I have seen a birth certificate of an illegitamate child:

FATHER:
Unknown

Unknown...

Best to keep it that way... then. adopt the kid when you get married...

i would have thought adopting would be costly and time consuming, when you marry you will be her stepfather, so why adopt ? , maybe you can do this instead, worth finding out about, i'm sure it would be cheaper and easier if you changed her surname by deed poll when she is here, and when her mom gets citizenship, and you can register the child, apply for a British passport for your step daughter in your surname,

or just leave it that way... FATHER UNKNOWN... then the kid will be your partner's (soon wife) dependent...

pennybarry
24th January 2009, 16:30

In the Philippines, you still have the chance to register your baby for 12 months, after that, it will be considered as late registration. One of requirements are baby's record (vaccine, health index, 2 witnesses from your local municipality etc. Then you should register your child birth under your surname if not married, if married, she must use her hubby's surname. If the father is married to other woman, she can use child dad's surname with written permission/agreement.
If you want your surname to be used, it must be in a legal way through court order.

wiggs
25th January 2009, 21:16
Thank you everyone for your help and advice.