PDA

View Full Version : Dispatched

IainBusby
13th September 2006, 08:39
Hi All,
Just to let you know that i just tracked our application on UKVACS and it says DISPATCHED, WOW.
Iain.

gingxrick
13th September 2006, 10:24
fantastic Iain maybe we can meet up at amsterdam when you go to get louella ging sends you her regards

KeithD
13th September 2006, 10:57
Now you have to go 24-48hrs with no sleep :)

IainBusby
13th September 2006, 11:08
It'll all be worth it in the end if there's a visa include when it arrives.
Iain.

danodie
13th September 2006, 13:27
Hi IainBusby...

Goodluck!...I'm pretty sure you'll get approved...seems everyone's last August got approved without interview ...

We weren't confident with our application coz we were OD and made a very short cover letter , didn't include pictures and chatlogs ...but after discovering this site... we started to get nervous and already planned that he'll just visit 2nd time and marry me here and try to make his bank statement ok in their eyes and we'll apply spouse visa instead.... but we made last min. submission thru mail but not thru ukvacs , Visa section instead...submitted provisional wedding , our pics..alot of additional proof of meeting like letters and his flight tickets and hotels we're we stayed here...

Luckily... our haunched that we'll get denied for sure was wrong...WE GOT THE VISA WITHOUT INTERVIEW... ( We thought there was divine intervention that just happened coz we got visa without interview,lol)

WE couldnt be happier!!!!.. I'll be leaving this coming Tuesday (KLM).
not to mention... we just met 1 time...( unlike most here their fiance visited here twice or thrice or many times even... that made us feel we really have low chance...)

Anyway.... WE'RE STILL IN THE STAGE OF DENIAL about us passing....but we're so Happy we did... save us alot of long distance calls and flight tickets and all that...

GOODLUCK IAIANBUSBY... hope that'll make you feel better knowing you guys submitted complete supporting papers than us...

leolane2000
13th September 2006, 13:42
Wow! makes sense...
Congrats danodie! thats a lot of blessed! Goodluck to u guys...and congrats too Iainbusby......:)

IainBusby
13th September 2006, 13:52
Thanks Danodie,
We did submit a lot of evidence as far as my finacial position was concerned, ie wage slips, bank statements, PNB bank transfers and mortgage statements etc, but maybe only just enough on the relationship side. We sent the transcipts of the first 3 or four chats on Cherry Bossoms and Yahoo and then just evidence of my visits there and wedding photos etc. I thought that all the later chats and emails, when we were really getting into a relationship with one another seemed too personal to be shared with these people. I did write, what I thought was a very good and informative letter of support though. I just hope it was worth all the work and re-drafting I did on it. Where are you going to live in the UK by the way?
Iain.

Thanks also Leolane2000.

stuart_donnlyn
13th September 2006, 13:58
:Hellooo:
yeahhh congratulations too! dispatched..wow ur wife will get her visa by tomorrow...so happy for yah
god bless u! take care always
regards,
donnlyn& stuwy:BouncyHappy:

ps
where's she? in manila? coz im getting my CFOmanila tomorrow at 9am..

IainBusby
13th September 2006, 14:05
where's she? in manila? coz im getting my CFOmanila tomorrow at 9am..

Hi Donnlyn,
No she's in Cagayan De Oro so shes just trying to decide if the visa does arrive whether to go to Cebu for the CFO sticker, or stay over in Manila when she's on her way here to the UK. Were just trying to keep our feet firmly on the ground and not get too carried away with travel plans etc, until she gets her passport back and finds a visa inside. I'm really amazed, it's only 5 weeks by tomorrow since she applied and we were being told it would be 3 months!!!
Cheers,
Iain.

IainBusby
14th September 2006, 10:14
Hi All,
Just to let you all know my wife has her visa now already. She phoned up and badgered Aboitiz 2GO and in the end they looked for her package and then re-routed it for her from their airport depot to their local freight depot and allowed her to go to there and collect it personally. So after she got it, I then went online and booked her a flight with KLM for the 28th of September. All thats left to do is for her to get the CFO sticker on her passport, which she is going to whilst in Manila on her way to the UK.

When i booked her flight, it said something about foreign nationals being exempt from the Philippine Travel Tax, which is something neither of us had ever heard of, so I went online and googled for it and found this page http://philtourism.gov.ph/ttax1.html , which tells you all about it. I've read through all the exemptions and it looks like its another P1620 to pay on top of the P550 boarding charge, I just read that for those with tickets issued outside of the Philippines, payment should be made direct to the PTA (Philippine Tourism Authority) Travel Tax Office. I take this to mean that if the ticket was purchased in the Philippines, that the tax would then be collected by the travel agency and charged on top of the ticket price. Has anyone any additional info on this subject.

Iain.

walesrob
14th September 2006, 10:25
Hi All,

When i booked her flight, it said something about foreign nationals being exempt from the Philippine Travel Tax, which is something neither of us had ever heard of, so I went online and googled for it and found this page http://philtourism.gov.ph/ttax1.html , which tells you all about it. I've read through all the exemptions and it looks like its another P1620 to pay on top of the P550 boarding charge, I just read that for those with tickets issued outside of the Philippines, payment should be made direct to the PTA (Philippine Tourism Authority) Travel Tax Office. I take this to mean that if the ticket was purchased in the Philippines, that the tax would then be collected by the travel agency and charged on top of the ticket price. Has anyone any additional info on this subject.

Iain.

Iain, if the ticket was bought (or issued) in the Philippines, the tax is included, and there will be no need to pay it again at the airport.

If the ticket was bought outside PI, you must pay the tax at the PTA desk at the airport, BUT there are exceptions, take a look here :

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?t=488&highlight=travel+tax

Congratulations on the visa by the way :)

KeithD
14th September 2006, 11:00
England is full already.....we're overflowing into Wales & Scotland :D

Welcome to Funland :xxgrinning--00xx3:

gingxrick
14th September 2006, 11:11
Plenty of room in Scotland Keith
lets help keep them all coming

IainBusby
14th September 2006, 12:09
Welcome to Funland
I've been trying to encourage the missus to come on here and post some of her own news, but as soon as she seen Keith's avitar and then read some of his postings, I think she was frightened off. She's a bit squeamish like that.
Iain

scotsfiancee
14th September 2006, 12:15
Wow that's a nice news for you Aian...congrats....i miss your trade yesterday..im in cebu right now i met gensanbritish here, were working for the CFO stamp. So tired will be going back again tomorrow. Is she coming here too as well for CFO?

God bless you guys, you both deserve it:Hellooo:

IainBusby
14th September 2006, 12:27
Is she coming here too as well for CFO?

Hi Scot,
No, she's already been to Cebu and attended the seminar, cos she wanted to change her name on her passport to her married name before she made her visa application and they wouldnt let her change it unless she had attended the pre-departure seminar first. All she has to do now, is to go to the CFO in Manila on her way to the UK and get the sticker in her passport, which you cant get until you have a visa in your passport. Wow, it's just all so complicated, when she gets here she will have earned a good long rest, so when I pick her up at airport, then its only 20 minutes to my house and I'll run her a nice warm bubble bath and then she can sleep for 24 hours.
Iain.

scotsfiancee
14th September 2006, 12:30
Okay that's great!! Goodluck and best wishes!

britoy
14th September 2006, 14:18
Hi All,
Just to let you all know my wife has her visa now already. She phoned up and badgered Aboitiz 2GO and in the end they looked for her package and then re-routed it for her from their airport depot to their local freight depot and allowed her to go to there and collect it personally. So after she got it, I then went online and booked her a flight with KLM for the 28th of September. All thats left to do is for her to get the CFO sticker on her passport, which she is going to whilst in Manila on her way to the UK.

Iain.

yay! congrats to you both..seems like all of us got our visa...yippie:BouncyHappy:

stuart_donnlyn
14th September 2006, 14:36
awww im so happy..and im sure everyone does
enjoy now...aww..were all like flying this month:BouncyHappy:

KeithD
14th September 2006, 15:27
..... but as soon as she seen Keith's avitar
Iain
:cwm24: That's REALLY me!!!

IainBusby
14th September 2006, 15:30
yay! congrats to you both..seems like all of us got our visa...yippie:BouncyHappy:

Yes, and interviews seem to be very rare, well on this forum at least. Has anyone out there had to go for an interview lately.
Iain.

KeithD
14th September 2006, 15:37
Only for my parole :rolleyes:

ginapeterb
14th September 2006, 15:46
Hey, what about our visa ? come on Ben Croucher all is forgiven, look if its about that bald headed 50 something jibe, I am sorry pal, just give us the visa, I promise I wont call you a t....er again !, please ask Robs best freind Jacqueline Lewin to rubber stamp it, do you think we can get ours now ? look at all these other folks getting theirs, and no interviews ?

Geeeeeeeeeze how long does one have to wait, !!

andypaul
14th September 2006, 20:35
Hi All,

Iain.

Great news Iain I was feeling for you both as everyone else seem to get the good news and you were still waiting. Im not sure about the travel tax my Wife bought her ticket of a local Agent who ensured tax was paid already. But when we went to Paris recently in the breakdown of the fee half of the cost of the holiday seemed to be one tax or another!!

scotsfiancee
22nd September 2006, 08:50
Hello iain,

As your ticket was paid for abroad, no Philippine travel tax has been included. You will need to pay the PHP1620.00 at the tourism counter on the day of your departure before proceeding to the check in counter.