PDA

View Full Version : curry house raided

joebloggs
16th December 2008, 02:06
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/7784134.stm

21 held after a raid by ukba, nearly half the work force :yikes: and people think there is not a problem with illegal immigrants working:D

well £10 million in fines up to now, a fine of £10k for each worker, if 1/7 of the 700,000 illegal immigrants who are working get caught..

100,000 * £10,000 = £1,000,000,000 £1 billion in fines :REDancedancer08:

maybe the gov would then cut the price for visa's for everyone else.. :Hellooo:

make those who gain from or abuse the system pay :xxgrinning--00xx3:

aromulus
16th December 2008, 07:12
It happened in Liverpool road, in Manchester.....:omg:

Need I say more....:Erm:?

KeithD
16th December 2008, 10:40
It happened in Liverpool road, in Manchester.....:omg:

Need I say more....:Erm:?
Joe...you grab one of his legs.....I'll get the other....then we walk apart and make a wish :D

Mrs.JMajor
16th December 2008, 10:43
Waaaaaah hahaha :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

joebloggs
16th December 2008, 11:54
Joe...you grab one of his legs.....I'll get the other....then we walk apart and make a wish :D

yes, one of doms legs in manchester and the other in liverpud :xxgrinning--00xx3: lets see if we can crack some nuts :Help1:

the guy who hired them, he should go straight to jail, how much has he ripped the gov/tax payer off with ? 21 people for x years, not paying tax or NI, i bet if he says he cant pay the £200k fine, and they say your'e off to prison, i bet he finds the money then.. he should at least get 6 months to a year.. he'll just do it again, knowing what ever he saved will be more than the fine, poor :censored: i bet he was paying them a £1 a hr with free rent, and sharing the room with the other 20 :yikes::Help1:

IainBusby
16th December 2008, 14:43
yes, one of doms legs in manchester and the other in liverpud :xxgrinning--00xx3: lets see if we can crack some nuts :Help1:

the guy who hired them, he should go straight to jail, how much has he ripped the gov/tax payer off with ? 21 people for x years, not paying tax or NI, i bet if he says he cant pay the £200k fine, and they say your'e off to prison, i bet he finds the money then.. he should at least get 6 months to a year.. he'll just do it again, knowing what ever he saved will be more than the fine, poor :censored: i bet he was paying them a £1 a hr with free rent, and sharing the room with the other 20 :yikes::Help1:

I think there should be a cut off point where fines are replaced by jail terms, say maybe 4 or more and you go down for about 2 years, then 6 or more and you go down for 3 years etc. That might frighten them a bit more than the fines. I think that because they are saving so much money hiring illegals and paying them well below the minimum wage, that they are just taking what they might see as a sort of a very calculated gamble; heads they win, tails they lose just a little of their overall long term winnings.
Iain.

jimeve
16th December 2008, 14:48
i bet he was paying them a £1 a hr with free rent, and sharing the room with the other 20 :yikes::Help1:[/QUOTE]

Poor guys , all working in a curry house, only one loo. poo

somebody
17th December 2008, 00:37
Sometimes the "Employer" finds them self in a situation where either the supervisors "find the staff" or the staff are past onto them by "agents".

On here under my other guise i mentioned a case of someone i know who was offered the chance of running a Hotel but the ilegals came along with the package.

Many of the cheaper food places in London and im sure elsewhere could not run in their present state without shortcuts.

The employer has to be responsible but the goverment need to go after the bigger fish as well.