PDA

View Full Version : newbie here

lara1018
12th September 2006, 13:35
Hi All! Am new here, wanted to do a quick intro..

Filipina, born and raised in the Philippines. Moved to the UK last November. Married to a great guy - Brit - for a bit over a year now. We met in the Philippines where he worked for a couple of years. Had to move back here for his work, and now we both live and work in London.

Looking forward to reading posts in this forum! It's great to see an active community online! :)

Lara

scotsfiancee
12th September 2006, 13:38
Hi Lara pleased to meet you here....... welcome:BouncyHappy:

Eljohno
12th September 2006, 16:43
Hi Lara,

welcome to the forum, you will get to meet many nice people on theis forum and feel free to ask questions if reference to anything:xxgrinning--00xx3:

mike
12th September 2006, 22:06
Hi Lara,
Nice to hear from you

gingxrick
13th September 2006, 10:31
Hi Lara, nice to hear from you, welcome to the site,
why dont you post you photo in the gallery

KeithD
13th September 2006, 10:58
:Hellooo: Another one for the Xmas list :yikes:

IainBusby
13th September 2006, 11:13
Hi Lara,
Welcome onboard, it's all here, anything you need to know, someone on here has been there and done that and if they got the tee-shirt, it was probably a Christmas prezzie from Keith. I didn't realise we'd all be on Keiths Christmas list.
Iain.

KeithD
13th September 2006, 12:06
Who said it was my list? :D It's yours.......I'll have a Porche :xxgrinning--00xx3:

IainBusby
13th September 2006, 12:36
Do you want that porch on the front or the back.

KeithD
13th September 2006, 12:45
:action-smiley-081: Back will do nicely!! :yikes:

IainBusby
13th September 2006, 13:10
I think you'll have to get your missus to see to your back porch :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :cwm3:

karlwithgal
15th September 2006, 08:45
Hi All! Am new here, wanted to do a quick intro..

Filipina, born and raised in the Philippines. Moved to the UK last November. Married to a great guy - Brit - for a bit over a year now. We met in the Philippines where he worked for a couple of years. Had to move back here for his work, and now we both live and work in London.

Looking forward to reading posts in this forum! It's great to see an active community online! :)

Lara

:xxgrinning--00xx3: WELCOME HERE.

lara1018
15th September 2006, 10:58
Hi All!

Thanks for the warm welcome! Really appreciated. Had a pretty painless process of applying for the visa and coming here, so am thankful for that. I think the next step for me now is to get my driver's licence! I found out that I can drive for up to 12 months from last entry, so I've been driving already, getting used to the roads and the rules. Am in no rush.

Anyone have any experience and tips on getting their driving licence in the UK? Seems pretty straightforward when you look at the procedures.

Lara ((who has a love-hate relationship with UK roundabouts)) :)

IainBusby
15th September 2006, 11:12
Hi Lara,
I guess it will just take you a while to start thinking everything the other way round when your dealing with UK roundabouts and junctions, but at least the roads and the traffic here should seem like a sort of organised chaos compared to the philipinnes free-for-all chaos.
Iain.

KeithD
15th September 2006, 11:22
Unlike the Philippines you can't go left & right at the roundabout.....and ignore those pretty lights they hang up :D

lara1018
19th September 2006, 09:44
Haha! I find myself reading road names they have painted on the lanes instead of actually looking up! It is organised chaos, but for someone with a less than clear sense of direction, the whole concept of "i need to go off to the right, so i go around the roundabout and turn left" is just asking too much for me. ;)

I'm sure I'll get it eventually!! Fingers crossed!

Sharlyson
1st October 2006, 11:01
Hi Guys! I'm new here... hoping to meet new friends.

(http://profiles.itzamatch.com/sharly)

scotsfiancee
1st October 2006, 11:23
Hello Sharlyson........ is that your pic in your profile? :Erm:

BTW welcome again!!!!:Hellooo:

Jay&Zobel
2nd October 2006, 06:29
Hi Guys! I'm new here... hoping to meet new friends.

-----------------------
LOOK ME UP! (http://profiles.itzamatch.com/sharly)

was that your pic?

scotsfiancee
2nd October 2006, 09:50
Don't think so :cwm24:

fred
2nd October 2006, 10:18
Haha! I find myself reading road names they have painted on the lanes instead of actually looking up! It is organised chaos, but for someone with a less than clear sense of direction, the whole concept of "i need to go off to the right, so i go around the roundabout and turn left" is just asking too much for me. ;)

I'm sure I'll get it eventually!! Fingers crossed!

This happened to me whilst I was in the passener seat along side a Filipino driver..
Her."Which way now Fred"?
Me."Do a right at the roundabout"
Her."OK"
She then litterally turned right on this very large roundabout in North London.:Help1:
I cant tell you what happened next because its much too scary .
All I can say is that it is just as well I didnt say
"Go straight over the roundabout"
I may well have survived if we were driving a 4X4 high wheel base landrover.(We were not):bigcry:

lara1018
3rd October 2006, 09:39
Ouch. Did the car crash into anything?
I remember my first time driving around Hangar Lane. I learned very quickly to find the right lane and stick to it early on. People were not happy when I switched lanes... ;)
This weekend, we were driving around South Bucks and I encountered my first "magic roundabout". The road sign coming up to it looked like a bizarre star shape, and when we got to it... now THAT was confusing! (hehe) Apparently there is another much bigger one, with even more roundabouts. Fun fun!

Sharlyson
8th October 2006, 09:52
Hello Sharlyson........ is that your pic in your profile? :Erm:

BTW welcome again!!!!:Hellooo:

Yup! It's me... my dad is a Canadian while my mom is a Filipina. Thanks for the welcome everybody. :BouncyHappy:

scotsfiancee
8th October 2006, 13:05
Ahh ic your a bella