PDA

View Full Version : im so worried...help!

maganda
12th December 2008, 11:57
hi everyone,,,im so worried about my brit fiance. Recession in the uk now and jobs are very quiet in fact he only got 1 day of work for this week :yikes: He said if this goes on , he might lose his house, no money to pay for bills. He has no savings because he always visits me here every 3 months, and he's been here 5(five) times in one and half year. Just when we are about to start our plans ,getting married next year and he moving here and this happens.
we are so down and worried, we were chatting earlier and i was helping him browsing the net to find work :bigcry: i'm scared what will happen to us if this goes on. He said its really bad in the uk now, not alot of work.

KeithD
12th December 2008, 12:18
Dont worry I'm sure he'll find another job soon... .
Do you know something the rest of us don't? :Erm:

Within the next few weeks another 50,000 will hit the dole queues, Woolies and it's other companies may account for 35,000, and it is going to get much worse. This is not just a UK problem, it is worldwide, but in the UK many businesses have survived on credit! :doh

House prices are expected to fall another 15% in the next year, but he shouldn't lose the house as the government have put in place a few things with the banks.

maganda
12th December 2008, 12:20
Dont worry I'm sure he'll find another job soon... Ask him to register on a recruitment agency in his area.

He is already registered to agencies , but theres not alot of jobs.

simplelife
12th December 2008, 12:21
hi everyone,,,im so worried about my brit fiance. Recession in the uk now and jobs are very quiet in fact he only got 1 day of work for this week :yikes: He said if this goes on , he might lose his house, no money to pay for bills. He has no savings because he always visits me here every 3 months, and he's been here 5(five) times in one and half year. Just when we are about to start our plans ,getting married next year and he moving here and this happens.
we are so down and worried, we were chatting earlier and i was helping him browsing the net to find work :bigcry: i'm scared what will happen to us if this goes on. He said its really bad in the uk now, not alot of work.

Hi Maganda,
You are not alone, a lot of people really suffering these days. Just be strong and keep lifting up your Fiance`s spirit. Do not be dismayed, Im sure he will find job soon and will be able to save more money. Cheer up.

aromulus
12th December 2008, 12:42
To be on the safe side, I am applying for a taxi driver's badge, and already have an employer lined up.:)
At the same time I have arranged an interview with a big national company for next week. This came totally as a surprise, I wasn't even counting on them phoning me up.:D
None of those alternatives would interfere with my wine sales as I could do them in the evening thus ensuring some kind of income coming in.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

maganda
12th December 2008, 12:55
[size=4]To be on the safe side, I am applying for a taxi driver's badge, and already have an employer lined up...

Thats a good idea , i will tell my fiance about it maybe he can apply as taxi driver too :xxgrinning--00xx3: he's a truckdriver.

thnx

PAT
12th December 2008, 13:00
[QUOTE=aromulus;102663][SIZE=4]To be on the safe side, I am applying for a taxi driver's badge, and already have an employer lined up...

Thats a good idea , i will tell my fiance about it maybe he can apply as taxi driver too :xxgrinning--00xx3: he's a truckdriver.

thnx

Keep up your spirit friend as your fiance really needs your encouragement:)

maganda
12th December 2008, 13:06
[QUOTE=maganda;102666]

Keep up your spirit friend as your fiance really needs your encouragement:)

Thnx friend. Im trying my best to lift my spirits. He is so down, i keep trying to encourage him not to give up. He said its doing his head in. If the worst will happen, he go bankrupt and lose his house. It scares me everytime he said it.

PAT
12th December 2008, 13:21
[QUOTE=PAT;102668]

Thnx friend. Im trying my best to lift my spirits. He is so down, i keep trying to encourage him not to give up. He said its doing his head in. If the worst will happen, he go bankrupt and lose his house. It scares me everytime he said it.

i understand how you feel, but things will be settled in due time, what important is both of you will stand together hand in hand. Just pray,have faith and believe it.

joebloggs
12th December 2008, 14:20
To be on the safe side, I am applying for a taxi driver's badge, and already have an employer lined up.:)

:NoNo: my nephew has just quit being a taxi driver at night, not a good job dom, he's had to punch a few 'customers' for kicking his car, threatening him, trying to run off without paying, and he's a big lad you wouldn't pick a fight with..

the car, radio cost so much to hire you would need to work long hours :NoNo:

depending on how long your b/f has been at his current job, it might not be a good idea to quit and find aonther job yet, as he might be entitled to redundancy pay from either work or from the gov insolvency service if his works goes bust, maybe he can find a part time job for a while..

Mrs Daddy
12th December 2008, 18:36
He has no savings because he always visits me here every 3 months, and he's been here 5(five) times in one and half year. Just when we are about to start our plans ,getting married next year and he moving here and this happens.

watta waste of money travelling every 3 months.I know that you are both happy if you spend your time togerther but sacrifice really is important for both of you.I know its too late now but should either of you thought about this before or even you could tell your beloved before that instead of travelling back and forth every 3 months why not save instead for your future together.I mean once or twice a year would be reasonable enough.I mean in my late 20`s I take care of my money like a middle age woman:D I know majority people in U.K suffered with this credit crunch because bank had offered them a quick cash i.e (credit card) and spend a lot of money that they never thought they couldnt afford:doh I know some of us as well spend on most expensive clothes and handbags but at the end they never really needed it:NoNo: mojority of us like showing off of the things we have got.I mean whats the purpose.I must admit before when I was a student I like expensive stuff and branded gear that my classmates own and my mum always reminded me that its not good wanting things that is not important at all.now that I could afford those things I feel guilty coz I always thought about how many people needed the money for food and yet here I am buying things that is not important and not making me happy.I am not making a sermon here:)just trying to make sense:xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
12th December 2008, 18:38
.....I am not making a sermon here .....
Amen to that :D

Mrs Daddy
12th December 2008, 18:40
Amen to that :D

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

vbkelly
12th December 2008, 18:42
watta waste of money travelling every 3 months.I know that you are both happy if you spend your time togerther but sacrifice really is important for both of you.I know its too late now but should either of you thought about this before or even you could tell your beloved before that instead of travelling back and forth every 3 months why not save instead for your future together.I mean once or twice a year would be reasonable enough.I mean in my late 20`s I take care of my money like a middle age woman:D I know majority people in U.K suffered with this credit crunch because bank had offered them a quick cash i.e (credit card) and spend a lot of money that they never thought they couldnt afford:doh I know some of us as well spend on most expensive clothes and handbags but at the end they never really needed it:NoNo: mojority of us like showing off of the things we have got.I mean whats the purpose.I must admit before when I was a student I like expensive stuff and branded gear that my classmates own and my mum always reminded me that its not good wanting things that is not important at all.now that I could afford those things I feel guilty coz I always thought about how many people needed the money for food and yet here I am buying things that is not important and not making me happy.I am not making a sermon here:)just trying to make sense:xxgrinning--00xx3:

same here and now my new job is coming soon and need to save more money for the future

Mrs Daddy
12th December 2008, 18:55
same here and now my new job is coming soon and need to save more money for the future

goodluck t bhing:xxgrinning--00xx3::)

vbkelly
12th December 2008, 18:56
goodluck t bhing:xxgrinning--00xx3::)

thanks wheela:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ann07
12th December 2008, 18:57

You have a point wheela:xxgrinning--00xx3:
SACRIFICE is the KEY word:)
And buying what is only essential is the best thing to do in this tough time:)

Ann07
12th December 2008, 19:01
Maganda....

STay strong for ur fiancee. There is always a way for everything.
Have faith:)

Mrs Daddy
12th December 2008, 19:07

you`re good on summarizing ann:xxgrinning--00xx3::D

Ann07
12th December 2008, 19:10
you`re good on summarizing ann:xxgrinning--00xx3::D

Thanks wheela:):icon_lol::icon_lol: I dont realize that:)

Mrs.JMajor
13th December 2008, 02:58
That is what i am trying to point it out Mrs Daddy,nauna ka lng mg post :icon_lol:,I will share you my thoughts,Before I am dying my lovey dovey to visit me always in PI,and as we all know,if they visit us,they are the one who's spending the expenses,buy things,go somewhere etc...etc... but we all know that if we applied for our visa,we need their reference of how much their savings(to show for the ECO) and so the problem will come,keep visiting ,so the savings gone,we are happy if they bought us things,paying holiday and lot more,too late to realize that we are in trouble on the future for applying settlement visa because lack of savings :doh

Glad we don't have trouble on that,
Just a sisterly advice,don't let them spend too much,if u love him enough:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Or let him spend if you not serious to him oopppsss:Bolt::xxparty-smiley-004:
Anyway I am speaking in general,not just specifically on your case
And wishing u both will sort it out in the soonest time

LEAHnew
13th December 2008, 06:36

Sorry to hear your news sis:NoNo::NoNo: but I'm a bit wondering :Erm:why your fiance so negative about his situation and makes you bothered a lot:NoNo: considering he's been with you many times here in Phil. that i must conclude he really loves you a lot:) Anyway sis I hope it will sort it out soon just be strong whatever risk happen:cwm34:

btw if you don't mind may i ask what's his age?

maganda
13th December 2008, 06:50
That is what i am trying to point it out Mrs Daddy,nauna ka lng mg post :icon_lol:,I will share you my thoughts,Before I am dying my lovey dovey to visit me always in PI,and as we all know,if they visit us,they are the one who's spending the expenses,buy things,go somewhere etc...etc... but we all know that if we applied for our visa,we need their reference of how much their savings(to show for the ECO) and so the problem will come,keep visiting ,so the savings gone,we are happy if they bought us things,paying holiday and lot more,too late to realize that we are in trouble on the future for applying settlement visa because lack of savings :doh

Glad we don't have trouble on that,
Just a sisterly advice,don't let them spend too much,if u love him enough:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Or let him spend if you not serious to him oopppsss:Bolt::xxparty-smiley-004:

Its not a waste of money everytime he visits me here because we are together and were very happy. Theres no price to match that. we cannot last if we dont see each other for months :bigcry: it breaks my heart everytime i see my fiance on cam saying he misses me alot and he needs to be with me.

I understnd what u were tryign to say that we have to be practical and make sacrifices for our future, yes we talked about that. We will not have problems with visa because he's moving here in Philippines soon. He selling his house and everything in uk and move here. Its just so hard at the mo because jobs are getting scarce. I know everything will be sorted soon, were not losing hope :):cwm38: i keep cheering up my bf and not letting him know that im so down too and very worried.

maganda
13th December 2008, 06:57
Sorry to hear your news sis:NoNo::NoNo: but I'm a bit wondering :Erm:why your fiance so negative about his situation and makes you bothered a lot:NoNo: considering he's been with you many times here in Phil. that i must conclude he really loves you a lot:) Anyway sis I hope it will sort it out soon just be strong whatever risk happen:cwm34:

btw if you don't mind may i ask what's his age?

he's 38, im 33 yrs old.

He is worried because we have big plans next year, marraige, and he moving here, buying or building our dream house.

LEAHnew
13th December 2008, 07:16
he's 38, im 33 yrs old.

He is worried because we have big plans next year, marraige, and he moving here, buying or building our dream house.

:)

Cheer up and Goodluck:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Mrs Daddy
13th December 2008, 17:36
he's 38, im 33 yrs old.

If you two are planning to have a grand wedding try to be practical enough instead of having a big wedding why not go for a civil ceremony and for the reception an eat all you can buffet in a restaurant (thats what my wedding liked way back two years ago) and a lot of friends said why i didnt have a grand wedding like just other filipina who married a foreigner but i just told them am different and its just a waste of money a hundreds of thousands of pesos for just few hours of showing off.Even if hubbys paying for the expenses i am guilty for him doing that.I know its every girls dream walking down the aisle with white virginal dress,but its alright:)

gemini63
13th December 2008, 20:49

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
13th December 2008, 22:17

Definitely.....I'll get the blunt knife....you hold the Manc down :D

Ann07
13th December 2008, 22:19
Definitely.....I'll get the blunt knife....you hold the Manc down :D

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

pennybarry
14th December 2008, 10:14

I think you hubby shared his problems with you because he is expecting good advise from you and not to make you feel worry. Like the Admin said, he will not loose his house for sure as governnment and banks have agreements for that. If he loose his job, he can receive benefits from DOLE:D. If I were you, Don't worry too much but think for some steps to get rid of this economy crisis. You can budget your wedding into a civil one, it is still legal :xxgrinning--00xx3:. About his moving in the Philippines, you both need to think about that a hundred times. My hubby are also planning to move asap but he's only 51 and he wants early retiment:angry:. But we have agreement now about our plans. I believe that wife has good role to her husband, and if husband listens to his wife, then everything will be fine:D. If he wants to visits you oftentimes, try to give advise and explain to him about your idea if he really needs to go and visit you. It is very easy to apply loans here but after you've got it, then here comes the worries:icon_lol:
When I met my hubby, he said he's still in debt:omg: He worked 7 years in the Royal Army, 15 years in driving London Bus and I couldn't believe he's still in debt:yikes:. He's back to his Mom and tried to improve himself after being separated to his Girlfriend. I made plans for him and thanks God he is a good listener. I told him to study and he did, I told him to upgrade his driving license into HGV CLASS 1 if he really loves driving. He got good jobs 5 years ago after he listened to me and pursue his driving career. I allowed him to visit me in Pinas but I wanted 2 months so he can save some dosh for his ticket :xxgrinning--00xx3: Now, he paid all his debts and and he feels different now. Unlike when he was in debt, he hate the world:Brick:.
Hope this will give you ideas as two heads are better than one:xxgrinning--00xx3::D

maganda
14th December 2008, 13:14
I think you hubby shared his problems with you because he is expecting good advise from you and not to make you feel worry. Like the Admin said, he will not loose his house for sure as governnment and banks have agreements for that. If he loose his job, he can receive benefits from DOLE:D. If I were you, Don't worry too much but think for some steps to get rid of this economy crisis. You can budget your wedding into a civil one, it is still legal :xxgrinning--00xx3:. About his moving in the Philippines, you both need to think about that a hundred times. My hubby are also planning to move asap but he's only 51 and he wants early retiment:angry:. But we have agreement now about our plans. I believe that wife has good role to her husband, and if husband listens to his wife, then everything will be fine:D. If he wants to visits you oftentimes, try to give advise and explain to him about your idea if he really needs to go and visit you. It is very easy to apply loans here but after you've got it, then here comes the worries:icon_lol:
When I met my hubby, he said he's still in debt:omg: He worked 7 years in the Royal Army, 15 years in driving London Bus and I couldn't believe he's still in debt:yikes:. He's back to his Mom and tried to improve himself after being separated to his Girlfriend. I made plans for him and thanks God he is a good listener. I told him to study and he did, I told him to upgrade his driving license into HGV CLASS 1 if he really loves driving. He got good jobs 5 years ago after he listened to me and pursue his driving career. I allowed him to visit me in Pinas but I wanted 2 months so he can save some dosh for his ticket :xxgrinning--00xx3: Now, he paid all his debts and and he feels different now. Unlike when he was in debt, he hate the world:Brick:.
Hope this will give you ideas as two heads are better than one:xxgrinning--00xx3::D

Thnx sis pennybarry. I always tell my fiance that its ok with me if he dont visit me often so that he can save th e money for our future, but he is the one who really wants to visit me every 3 to 4 months. There was a time that i insisted on telling him not to visit me yet,,he started to think negative.

He was the one wanting to move here in philippines coz he said he sick of living in england so expensive. he loves it here coz he said cheap and lots of sun, good weather. If its my choice i want to live in the uk. He will be going back to england to work for many months then come back to philippines for many months, then go back again until were sorted. i dont mind where we live as long as were together, and as long as we have our own house in philippines. he's also a truckdriver in profession, he drives all sorts of vehicles and trucks. He just register to agencies and his truckdriving he runs it thru his own company. He is not full time employed in a company thats why he can go away and visit me anytime.

Im not too worried now coz he got work now, and hes a bit happy.:BouncyHappy::cwm12:

Mrs Daddy
14th December 2008, 13:22
well,problem sorted then:D

LEAHnew
15th December 2008, 04:47
...... I believe that wife has good role to her husband, and if husband listens to his wife, then everything will be fine:D.

:D:iagree::rolleyes:

simplelife
15th December 2008, 05:22
:D:iagree::rolleyes:

I second the motion :xxgrinning--00xx3:

PAT
15th December 2008, 05:42
Hello maganda, good to hear your news, things will be sorted in due time....

les_taxi
15th December 2008, 06:26
don't worry too much things will work out in the end. wud be taxi drives i'm here for advice and i won't charge double time:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Mrs.JMajor
15th December 2008, 07:20
Im not too worried now coz he got work now, and hes a bit happy.:BouncyHappy::cwm12:

Glad 2 hear that, beautiful >>>>maganda :D

IanB
15th December 2008, 09:43
Everyone is in a similar position. I've always thought my job is 100% safe, but right now if I can feel safe for the next two months I feel lucky. For that reason I am not planning to go to PI anytime soon. I would rather keep sending my gf the money she needs and wait until I feel secure.

Everyone has got used to 10 years of economic growth. Many people cannot remember the last recession! The fact is that recessions happen and people get through. I think we may be faced with 2 years of decline then a long slow slog back to where we were. It will take time but even at the worst point most people will have jobs.

I too have a plan be, but it would be on 30% less salary so lets hope it doesn't happen. The only good news is that my ex wife has met a really nice man and I no longer have to pay maintenance.

KeithD
15th December 2008, 10:23
My jobs 100% safe.....unless the Filipina's eat all our horses :omg:

maganda
15th December 2008, 11:57
well,problem sorted then:D

thnx sis...thnx to everyone who posted:):Hellooo:.. yes im a bit happy now coz he sorted his work:BouncyHappy: ,,but i read in the news that uk will be the most affected among other countires and "severe" recession will be felt til 2009:omg::Brick::NoNo:

:bigcry::bigcry:

PeterB
15th December 2008, 12:00
I think we may be faced with 2 years of decline then a long slow slog back to where we were.

If the 'experts' don't stop talking the financial situation down. it could get a lot worse than that. Many dreadful stories came out of the 'Great Depression' starting in 1929.

I've just had a quick look at the Wikipedia page on the Great Depression. There are a disturbing number of similarities to the current crisis.

Mrs.JMajor
15th December 2008, 12:03
thnx sis...thnx to everyone who posted:):Hellooo:.. yes im a bit happy now coz he sorted his work:BouncyHappy: ,,but i read in the news that uk will be the most affected among other countires and "severe" recession will be felt til 2009:omg::Brick::NoNo:

:bigcry::bigcry:

:yikes: from America who started it,and UK is the most affected one :NoNo:

I dont think so....:Brick:

Rob & Anne
15th December 2008, 12:47
cheer up! there's always a way..he'll find a job soon..just keep tryin and be there for him...godbless!

Mrs Daddy
15th December 2008, 18:45
cheer up! there's always a way..he'll find a job soon..just keep tryin and be there for him...godbless!

:Erm: he`s already got a job as what maganda said:)