PDA

View Full Version : question

britoy
12th September 2006, 06:10
today we was going to book 2 oneway tickets to the UK the lady there said she was not sure but thinks we might need to get my fiancee a return ticket. is this true as i cannot see why she needs a return ticket when we already have the visa. anybody help with this as i really want to go and book us a ticket now.

Also silly question here, we have the visa we are all set and ready to go, but i read on here something about a "CFO" stamp hmmm what the @*** is that? LOL, are we all set to go or do we need to fix other things? please please can anybody answer thi?

janice
12th September 2006, 06:40
of course you have to attend pre-departure seminar and get CFO certificate and CFO sticker before your wife can leave the country.

britoy
12th September 2006, 06:49
what is a cfo? we are not married we are a civil partnership.

janice
12th September 2006, 06:59
CFO GUIDANCE AND COUNSELING PROGRAM FLOWCHART OF OPERATIONS
Step 1. Guidance nd counseling at SMEF-COW: accomplisment of CFO G&C form, payment of 250.00 counseling fee, attendance in the counseling;group and one-on-one counseling and issuance of SMEF-COW or certificate of attendance

Step 2. (if you have visa already)
Issuance of GCC at CFO (400.00)
Step 3. registration at CFO: accomplisment and verification of CFO registration form, payment of 250.00
Step 4.. Release of passport with CFO registration sticker

Hope this can help

janice
12th September 2006, 07:03
what is a cfo? we are not married we are a civil partnership.
fiancee or spouse of foreign national must attend this seminar and have to secure CFO sticker before she can leave the country

janice
12th September 2006, 07:10
CFO= Commssion on Filipinos Overseas
GCC= Guidance and Counseling certificate
SMEF-COW= St. Mary Euphrasia Foundation, INC. - Center for overseas workers

scotsfiancee
12th September 2006, 07:14
Britoy this is the CFO WEBSITE (http://www.cfo.gov.ph/emig_cebu.htm)... she have to attend the seminar either in Manila or Cebu. I hope it helps...

All your questions are there..pls read it

IainBusby
12th September 2006, 07:15
we might need to get my fiancee a return ticket
Hi Britoy,
I tried to go through the online booking procedure with KLM just to see how much a one way ticket from Manila to Birmingham would cost for my wife (once her visa comes through) and it appears that at least with KLM, one way tickets can only be booked as business class which came in between £2,000 to £3,000. But if you buy a return ticket, you can book ecomomy class and it costs between £600 and £700.
Iain.

britoy
12th September 2006, 07:40
she as to go see some nuns on thur:doh lol

britoy
12th September 2006, 07:43
i can get a ticket 2 one way tickets with cathay but this agent was saying my fiancee could need a return ticket or maybe the agentwants my money lol. trying to ring embassy to find out.

mupsuit
12th September 2006, 08:31
i can get a ticket 2 one way tickets with cathay but this agent was saying my fiancee could need a return ticket or maybe the agentwants my money lol. trying to ring embassy to find out.

My wife came on a one-way ticket (on KLM) having the UK settlemet visa in her passport was the key ! - from memory the one way ticket was only £150 less expensive that a round trip ticket

Yossarian
12th September 2006, 08:42
Your fiancee needs only a one-way ticket, but have a shop around to find a sensible price.

You might find previous postings about the CFO experience useful, such as this one (http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?t=651) for example.

walesrob
12th September 2006, 09:39
When Elsa got her visa, I managed to get her a one-way Manila-Hong Kong on Cathay for just £50, which I bought online here in the UK, and then one-way HK to London for just £180. There are lots of travel agents in HK selling discount airfares.

Anne
12th September 2006, 10:42
hello guys,
I just got my spouse visa last week and I wonder if do i need to get a CFO stamp. Me and my husband are married 2years now and he holds dual citizen (british and Filipino).

Eljohno
12th September 2006, 12:43
Get the one way ticket from a travel agent in the philippines as this will save you a lot of money than trying to get one in the UK

andypaul
12th September 2006, 18:51
Get the one way ticket from a travel agent in the philippines as this will save you a lot of money than trying to get one in the UK

Agreed My Wife booked a reservation on the same flight back to the UK as me we booked it before we knew we had the visa.

It cost ten pounds and i think another ten pounds to renew the reservation after a month or two.

The cost was as good a price as i could get in the Uk, possible better.

This meant we defintely were on the same flight when my wife was sucessful on getting her visa:)

As she was worried about getting the flight alone on KLM.

One thing i nearly did if my Wife had had to come later was book the flight on say klm and i just booked the flight from asterdam to lhr, but luckily we did not need to consider that option.

andypaul
12th September 2006, 18:55
hello guys,
I just got my spouse visa last week and I wonder if do i need to get a CFO stamp. Me and my husband are married 2years now and he holds dual citizen (british and Filipino).

Well done on getting your Visa Anne.

I would think you would need to get a CFO stamp as its for all Phills emigrating as far as im aware.

They can turn people back at the airport, who do not have the stamp but have a valid visa. My Wife met such a person at the CFO she had been at the Airport a day or two before.