PDA

View Full Version : need help

mike1
10th September 2006, 21:01
please any hints, tips ,info, on getting my filipino girlfriend to uk where i am. I met her on fh 1 year ago , she applied for a visitors visa in july - was turned down.I've been over there 2 weeks ago . I want to get married to her but dont know where to start, do i apply for a fiance visa and get married here or get married in the phillipines ,whats the process? I was working up until last week, I intend going over there at end of the year for 1/2 months , any guidence would be gratefully appricated:Help1: ::doh

KeithD
10th September 2006, 21:09
First of all use the SEARCH here, and then visit Pete's site http://british-filipino.com/ ...when you've read through all that, call back here :)

mike1
19th October 2006, 21:19
what a great site , Ive been reading up and getting loads of useful info,although it seems to be a very long daunting process in getting a visa . I am planning to visit my fiancee for the month of december to get to know each other better. when i return in january i intend to get new job and build up the necessary 6 months income although i have savings.I will then go back during mid 2007to get married in the PI,my questions at this stage are 1)why do some say not to get married in the Pi ? and
2)is the 6 months payslips a must even i am well in the black and have
savings?
keep up the good work M

andypaul
19th October 2006, 22:35
what a great site , Ive been reading up and getting loads of useful info,although it seems to be a very long daunting process in getting a visa . I am planning to visit my fiancee for the month of december to get to know each other better. when i return in january i intend to get new job and build up the necessary 6 months income although i have savings.I will then go back during mid 2007to get married in the PI,my questions at this stage are 1)why do some say not to get married in the Pi ? and
2)is the 6 months payslips a must even i am well in the black and have
savings?
keep up the good work M

Hi Mike the six months of payslips is required to see you have income to support you both but if you could show you have a good job and savings having 3, 4 or 5 months payslips woudn't harm any one i would have thought (im no expert so don't just take my word)

What is important as you will find out as you read the websites.

Is

You need to be able to support both of yourselves for the imediate future i guess though a mixture of income and savings as is normal for most people in the UK.

You need to have adqueatue accomdation for the both of you.

You need to prove that you have a loving and genuine relationship.

In december when you go make sure you have lots of pictures of you both together and with members of your girlfriends family and her friends. Keep records of your contact as mentioned elsewhere and also make sure you both realise what your letting yourself in for.

Its a long tough and testing path for a couple in a long distance relationship and its not plain sailing once in the UK.

Yor Wife will need to settle into a different culture, deal with homesickness and bulid a new life.

In the year since my Wife has been in the UK.

we have had to sort proof of address, opening bank accounts, find her a job, get a ni number and get her a schgen visa so she can vist europe phew.

Im not trying to scare you just let you know that its a tough journey but one worth doing :)

robeth
19th October 2006, 22:44
Im not trying to scare you just let you know that its a tough journey but one worth doing :)

paul,do spousal visa ever get refused? im worried sick...

KeithD
20th October 2006, 09:11
paul,do spousal visa ever get refused? im worried sick...

If you follow the info on here & Pete's site, probably only 1% get refused, and they get through on appeal.

mike1
20th October 2006, 22:07
:) thanks for that paul ,and win2win --you give me hope at a time when i need it thanks:xxgrinning--00xx3:

robeth
21st October 2006, 00:37
If you follow the info on here & Pete's site, probably only 1% get refused, and they get through on appeal.

thanks keith ...that's quite a relief! dont mind waiting...