PDA

View Full Version : Nvq Student Visa Processing Philippines

NIZAS48
6th December 2008, 23:28
Anyone who applied VERY RECENTLY for a STUDENT VISA in MANILA? How lond did it take? I have heard it takes less than a month now?? How true?

Anybody who knows a cheap agency for NVQ STUDENT VISA processing? Most of them are around 450 000 pesos....

THank you

joebloggs
7th December 2008, 00:01
read this post

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?t=12668

looks like things will change..

doonat
8th December 2008, 00:25
Anyone who applied VERY RECENTLY for a STUDENT VISA in MANILA? How lond did it take? I have heard it takes less than a month now?? How true?

Anybody who knows a cheap agency for NVQ STUDENT VISA processing? Most of them are around 450 000 pesos....

THank you

you might be referring to sandwich courses offered by agencies in manila. good thing bout that is when you come to the uk you already have a care home but limited to only 2 years. with the current low exchange rate, i dont think you will enjoy your 1st year of salary coz most of it will pay for your debts.

try applying direct to the embassy or thru VFS office coz its really cheaper. as long as you have legal papers and the right documents you wont go wrong. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
8th December 2008, 01:07
i dont think you will enjoy your 1st year of salary coz most of it will pay for your debts.

i think you will be enjoying it even less, as you will have to spend half your time in a classroom !

NIZAS48
3rd January 2009, 12:47
Any new updates? Is it true half of it sa classroom na??

how about the show money...students name na daw?? not sponsors...

anybody whoknows someone recent;ly approved a visa??

joebloggs
3rd January 2009, 13:41
Is it true half of it sa classroom na??

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/employers/points/sponsoringmigrants/sponsorsandratings/howwewithdrawalicence/

you are an educational institution and the courses you offer to sponsored migrants are below S or NVQ level 3, and/or any work placement that is associated with the course accounts for more than 50% of the total course;

doonat
3rd January 2009, 23:28
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/employers/points/sponsoringmigrants/sponsorsandratings/howwewithdrawalicence/

you are an educational institution and the courses you offer to sponsored migrants are below S or NVQ level 3, and/or any work placement that is associated with the course accounts for more than 50% of the total course;

usually we have 2 days class a week to comply with the 15 hours per week as stated in the course description. but in preparation to the upcoming new immigration rules this march 2009, our school has issued a new policy regarding class times for NVQ students: 50% (of the total 15 hours per week) of the course is to be held inside the classroom while the remaining 50% will be spent on your work placement.

so that's 1 day school and 1 day work (7.5 hrs each). :xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
3rd January 2009, 23:58
usually we have 2 days class a week to comply with the 15 hours per week as stated in the course description. but in preparation to the upcoming new immigration rules this march 2009, our school has issued a new policy regarding class times for NVQ students: 50% (of the total 15 hours per week) of the course is to be held inside the classroom while the remaining 50% will be spent on your work placement.

so that's 1 day school and 1 day work (7.5 hrs each). :xxgrinning--00xx3:

you only do 15hrs a week :D

yes but this effects the hours you can work, with the 7.5 hrs placement and the max 20hrs your allowed to work term time, your total hours working could have been reduced from 35 to 27.5hrs ?

and you really don't want to be working more than your 20hrs+placement a week.. caught and you could be banned :NoNo:

how can you live on working 1 day a week+20hrs p/t ? or should i not ask :D

Jay&Zobel
22nd January 2009, 01:56
you only do 15hrs a week :D

yes but this effects the hours you can work, with the 7.5 hrs placement and the max 20hrs your allowed to work term time, your total hours working could have been reduced from 35 to 27.5hrs ?

and you really don't want to be working more than your 20hrs+placement a week.. caught and you could be banned :NoNo:

same question Doonat?

Jay&Zobel
22nd January 2009, 02:04
try applying direct to the embassy or thru VFS office coz its really cheaper. as long as you have legal papers and the right documents you wont go wrong. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

yeah, but just sad that i did not read this thread before! was too late, we have used a Consultancy Agency and paid the 1st fee Php23,000!!! and still more till we got the visa... doh!

She will be joining this forum soon...

I was thinking it is better not to continue using the agency as the fees are really expensive... just forget the PhP23k? what u think? please help... thanks

doonat
22nd January 2009, 15:39

we are still looking forward the day it will be implemented and as of now most of us student visa holders are worried, but we're trying to come up with solutions. If there's a will, there's a way. even reputable institutions break the law :xxgrinning--00xx3: ... a lot of loopholes with the immigration here and i've seen other foreign students working mad in fast food chains and yet they are here for more than 5 yrs now.

@ jay&zobel: if you can still refund the money or transfer the fee to other applicants then do it. but i think it's also worth spending coz most of my classmates applied to the same agency. they can guide you during application but i advice you not to believe in all their promises. :icon_lol:

joebloggs
22nd January 2009, 22:19
we are still looking forward the day it will be implemented and as of now most of us student visa holders are worried, but we're trying to come up with solutions. If there's a will, there's a way. even reputable institutions break the law :xxgrinning--00xx3: ... a lot of loopholes with the immigration here and i've seen other foreign students working mad in fast food chains and yet they are here for more than 5 yrs now.

yes, but now educational institutions need a license from the gov and also they have to keep an eye on their students, if a student doesn't attend class then they must tell the HO. and if they don't they can lose their license. if your caught working full time or more than you should be, you face being deported and a ban from coming to the uk. is that risk worth taking ?

doonat
22nd January 2009, 22:57
as early as december we can feel the pressure about the changes in the immigration this march. schools have been strict w/ attendance and students are reminded about the rules to be followed. too risky if they caught you working more than the alloted working hours but as i've said there are still remedies. we dont want to end up boarding the plane back home that's why some are trying to get away with the hours reflected in our NI. some comply with just 20-28 hours per week and the rest of the days are part time or cash-in hand jobs. lucky for others, their employers agree not to declare the actual hours they've worked. as for other ways, that i can't tell.... :rolleyes:

dyannesky
26th January 2009, 05:26
had a consultancy firm to assist me, it took less than 2 months for everything to be processed, I lodge my docs last dec 22 and am still awaiting for the result till now, so am still waiting but am hoping for the best....

doonat
26th January 2009, 21:28
goodluck to ur application!

Jay&Zobel
26th January 2009, 22:17
had a consultancy firm to assist me, it took less than 2 months for everything to be processed, I lodge my docs last dec 22 and am still awaiting for the result till now, so am still waiting but am hoping for the best....

Just wondering what Agency did u use please? thnank you... DId u pay lots?

dyannesky
27th January 2009, 03:20
It's Global Summit in Makati, I already paid their consultancy fee so no turning back na, but I think they did great in checking my docs. Am still waiting for the visa result...so....crossing fingers. I think it's just enough abt their fee, nde naman umabot ng 200 k lahat ng ngastos ko that is including the downpayment for the tuition. Pero I think, kung okay naman docs mo pwde na ren walang consultancy ehehe pero it does help in a way. :p

Jay&Zobel
28th January 2009, 04:08
It's Global Summit in Makati, I already paid their consultancy fee so no turning back na, but I think they did great in checking my docs. Am still waiting for the visa result...so....crossing fingers. I think it's just enough abt their fee, nde naman umabot ng 200 k lahat ng ngastos ko that is including the downpayment for the tuition. Pero I think, kung okay naman docs mo pwde na ren walang consultancy ehehe pero it does help in a way. :p

Got some Qs:

Just want to make sure:
were they really asking for the sponsor's to have PhP1.3M in their bank account!!!? as the show money? so that the UK embassy will not refuse the visa? hmmm...
thank u

dyannesky
2nd February 2009, 09:22
they said the spionsor should have atleast 1.5 million, ort more much better, you need to provide them with that bank statement and bank certificate..make sure the sponsor has a business with a bir to attest hopw much theyare earming a year :p

dyannesky
2nd February 2009, 09:27
sorry been busy that is why am not able to reply right away.yes you need to provide them with a sponsor who has atleast 1.5 million on his/her bank statements, or more I guess. also you need to make sure that it will tally on their tax returns as well. am not too sure now about their requirements coz point system na ata, but i can tell you what i had when i tried to apply and lodge my application last dec 2008. i hope this info helps

dyannesky
2nd February 2009, 09:32
as for me, they asked me to show atleast 1.5 million on their bank statements as proof that they do have the money to support me. and make sure that the tax return will tally with the money they do have on their bank accounts.

dyannesky
2nd February 2009, 09:35
yes zobel they asked for 1.5 million on my sponsor's bank statements/accounts.

cheesewiz
2nd February 2009, 23:55
General students on courses lasting more than 12 months will be expected to show they have sufficient funds to pay for the first year of fees plus £9600 living allowance (British Council figure).

so those people thinking for applying for student visa you to think million times bec BIA is tightening their rules and the UK Border Agency has announced that Tier 4, for students, due to start next March, will now be phased in with full implementation taking place in August 2009.

Jay&Zobel
6th February 2009, 21:04
yes zobel they asked for 1.5 million on my sponsor's bank statements/accounts.

General students on courses lasting more than 12 months will be expected to show they have sufficient funds to pay for the first year of fees plus £9600 living allowance (British Council figure).
so those people thinking for applying for student visa you to think million times bec BIA is tightening their rules and the UK Border Agency has announced that Tier 4, for students, due to start next March, will now be phased in with full implementation taking place in August 2009.

Question:
We are here in the UK (me & my husband). I have a decent job and working for my hubby's family company... we will be providing my sister accommodation by living with us etc...

So you think, a healthy bank statement (no overdrafts & with savings) will do?

ALso, we are in dilemma... Lots of Brits are losing their jobs, companies are closing down... hmmm... shall we continue processing her application? :Erm:

i dunno honestly...

dyannesky
7th February 2009, 07:21
according to my consultants, but it is not always the case, some are being refused as well even if they have millions in the bank, really depends...but you should provide them information that will prove that the sponsor has money to support the student.

Jay&Zobel
7th February 2009, 18:15
according to my consultants, but it is not always the case, some are being refused as well even if they have millions in the bank, really depends...but you should provide them information that will prove that the sponsor has money to support the student.

yeah! thank you!!! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

just to let you know we dont have millions hehehe...

dyannesky
8th February 2009, 04:14
no problem, I am still awaiting the result, been almost 6 weeks....:((

doonat
8th February 2009, 16:34
is your school in reading? most of my classmates from global are jam packed in 1 school :D

dyannesky
8th February 2009, 20:03
yes doonat in Reading...heheheh...

Jay&Zobel
8th February 2009, 20:18
is your school in reading? most of my classmates from global are jam packed in 1 school :D

hmmm... why are they still accepting students if its already jam packed? what you think?

Impact has applied for Tier 4 qualification already so nothing to worry about the Point system

http://www...........s.com/uk_immigration/tier_4_registered_sponsors.html

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
8th February 2009, 21:04
failure to keep up to date records of students or failure to tell the HO about those who drop out will see those A'a turn to B's or their license cancelled :doh

and i would have thought overcrowding could become a problem, if they have to spend 50% of their time in a class room :Erm:, so maybe limits will be placed on the number of students a place can have.

Jay&Zobel
8th February 2009, 21:16
failure to keep up to date records of students or failure to tell the HO about those who drop out will see those A'a turn to B's or their license cancelled :doh

and i would have thought overcrowding could become a problem, if they have to spend 50% of their time in a class room :Erm:, so maybe limits will be placed on the number of students a place can have.

i pray by the time my sis will be here it will just be ok.. hehhe...

anyway just an update! we have ditched the Agency (saved us P30k more! tho lost P23k already) and applied online! 2 days ago, she received a conditional acceptance letter form the college so all we have to do is pay the £800 as initial fee with in 14 days and they will issue her the Cert of Enrolment asap...

and apply for visa next step... still praying that ECO will not look for lots of money in our bank balance... just right hehe...

joebloggs
8th February 2009, 21:34
i pray by the time my sis will be here it will just be ok.. hehhe...

anyway just an update! we have ditched the Agency (saved us P30k more! tho lost P23k already) and applied online! 2 days ago, she received a conditional acceptance letter form the college so all we have to do is pay the £800 as initial fee with in 14 days and they will issue her the Cert of Enrolment asap...

and apply for visa next step... still praying that ECO will not look for lots of money in our bank balance... just right hehe...

:xxgrinning--00xx3: can be a waste of money paying an agency when you can do a bit of form filling yourself, i wish your sister good luck :xxgrinning--00xx3:

doonat
9th February 2009, 01:37
hmmm... why are they still accepting students if its already jam packed? what you think?

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

they say nvq students ballooned to almost 200 this term and they only got 2 classrooms each day for them. to solve overcrowding they have a fixed schedule w/c is monday and thursday classes w/ 2 sections each. other rooms for business and IT courses. good money, eh?? :D

joebloggs
9th February 2009, 06:47
they say nvq students ballooned to almost 200 this term and they only got 2 classrooms each day for them. to solve overcrowding they have a fixed schedule w/c is monday and thursday classes w/ 2 sections each. other rooms for business and IT courses. good money, eh?? :D

200, and your suppose to be in a classroom 50% of the time, so at any one time there should be 50 people in each class room :D

yes good money, but looks like they'e reached their bursting point :icon_lol:

Jay&Zobel
9th February 2009, 23:17
:xxgrinning--00xx3: can be a waste of money paying an agency when you can do a bit of form filling yourself, i wish your sister good luck :xxgrinning--00xx3:

SALAMAT PO!! Pray it will be sorted asap... :)

200, and your suppose to be in a classroom 50% of the time, so at any one time there should be 50 people in each class room :D
yes good money, but looks like they'e reached their bursting point :icon_lol:

HMMMM... :cwm24::cwm24:

bulb marlee
26th June 2009, 17:02
Hi, I'm new here. I just want to ask about the steps that I have to take from student VISA to NVQ enrollment. How much money do I have to spend for VISA, SHOW MONEY, DAILY LIVING, RENTAL FEE, DAILY LIVING etc.

THANKS a LOT! :BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

Mrs.JMajor
26th June 2009, 17:09
I can answer the rest, student visa fee 6000 to 12000 php--http://www.vfs-uk-ph.com/visafees.aspx
Show money if you had sponsor they are the one who need to show money that they can support you
Daily living, gosh its bloody expensive living here that is why make sure your sponsor can support you during your studying here in the UK(do you have sponsor?)
Rental fee- are you gonna live all by yourself? because rental fee, depends in which place you gonna live,if its part somewhere in London, phewww my friend one bedroom 750GBP or kinda 70,000 PHP monthly huh!
So far rough estimate, here we go..

darren-b
27th June 2009, 06:14
Show money if you had sponsor they are the one who need to show money that they can support you

I believe the rules about show money changed earlier this year. The amount you need is determined by the length and location of your course - for example a 2 year course outside of Inner London would require 5400GBP plus the cost of the course for the first year. The money must be in a bank account in your name (joint account is ok) and/or come from official sponsorship (a relative is no good). If applying after the 1st October 2009 you need to have shown you have held any money in your bank account for at least 28 days.

bulb marlee
28th June 2009, 14:21
wow that's a lot of money.. Thanks for the information. Let's just say that the show money is approximately 500,000.00 pesos, will I be spending that entire money for my entire 2 years of NVQ? Or will I be able to sustain my financial needs from the salary that I will be receiving (the one that they will offer) . or should I really rely on the money that I will bring? :cwm3::cwm3:

I am planning to stay at BISON MAJESTIC COLLEGE, and up until now I am still trying to figure out what the steps are.

Thanks Guys! :Hellooo:

darren-b
29th June 2009, 07:40
wow that's a lot of money.. Thanks for the information. Let's just say that the show money is approximately 500,000.00 pesos, will I be spending that entire money for my entire 2 years of NVQ? Or will I be able to sustain my financial needs from the salary that I will be receiving (the one that they will offer) . or should I really rely on the money that I will bring? :cwm3::cwm3:

I am planning to stay at BISON MAJESTIC COLLEGE, and up until now I am still trying to figure out what the steps are.

Thanks Guys! :Hellooo:

Whether you need to spend any of the 'show' money depends on the wages you receive (which is obviously based on the hours worked) and the standard of your living in the UK.

bulb marlee
29th June 2009, 09:17
I see, I get it now, so it depends on my standard of living and wages. But everything's complicated for me, I guess my option would be to look for an agency. Thanks.:D:D:D

estherboaz
30th June 2009, 07:59
i guess if you look for an agency, the more money you need to spend.why not look at the http://www.vfs-uk-ph.com/ so that it wont be complicated to you?

Mrs.JMajor
30th June 2009, 13:16
I see, I get it now, so it depends on my standard of living and wages. But everything's complicated for me, I guess my option would be to look for an agency. Thanks.:D:D:D

esther is right, agency will just cost you more money than preparing all by yourself

Mrs.JMajor
6th July 2009, 11:17
I found this, maybe you will have a bit of idea from his/her post..

if you want to work using your qualifications i suggest you try other countries that might give you a chance of getting a working visa. student visa is ok but you wouldn't survive with 20 hours per week work. even if you work hard here (as a student), it's too bad you can't even afford to rent an apartment for yourself coz its way too expensive.

bulb marlee
30th July 2009, 18:37
Thanks a lot for the information, I just passed the board exam last week, and now my plans are getting bigger and wider.. yeah, why not try in other countries. Great. :cwm12::cwm12::cwm12::cwm12::cwm12::cwm12::cwm12::cwm12::cwm12::cwm12::cwm12:

eleazebonares
7th September 2009, 16:17

i lodged mine last dEc. 16..stil dnt hv news up to n0w. . .my c0nsultants r g&e at makati t0o,i thnk their at da same bldg wit gloBal.. .

waiting
8th September 2009, 08:08
i lodged mine last dEc. 16..stil dnt hv news up to n0w. . .my c0nsultants r g&e at makati t0o,i thnk their at da same bldg wit gloBal.. .

what???dec 16??and here i am pitying myself because i don't have my visa yet. i lodged mine jan 20. what's your school? they said that they are now processing by school and not by date which i think is very unfair. :NoNo:

eleazebonares
8th September 2009, 09:53
what???dec 16??and here i am pitying myself because i don't have my visa yet. i lodged mine jan 20. what's your school? they said that they are now processing by school and not by date which i think is very unfair. :NoNo:

london busnss col,nvq 3-4.hw bwt urs?dats y i get lyk a lil pissd wen sm1s fretting over results wen dey even lodgd l8r than me..lol.

waiting
9th September 2009, 08:20
impact nvq 3 and 4.but dec 16? god that is really frustrating! i know someone who lodged dec 15 and he got his result last may 8 to be exact. his school is majestic though.

eleazebonares
9th September 2009, 09:22
impact nvq 3 and 4.but dec 16? god that is really frustrating! i know someone who lodged dec 15 and he got his result last may 8 to be exact. his school is majestic though.

well yeah. One thing more is that,my passport expired last month.but it was still good last dec though cause the requirment was that the pasport be valid for atleast six months.didnt expect it to take ths long,so. . .hey. .lol. . Keep me posted with yours ayt..

skirmish
4th December 2009, 10:51
guys, any update of your student visa?
I lodge my application last Nov. 26 and I just received a text and email today that my processed visa has been couriered to me via 2GO. I'm crossing my fingers..hoping for a positive outcome.