PDA

View Full Version : Looking for clarification regarding dates for visa.

Philip
10th September 2006, 14:29
Tonet and I intend to apply for a fiance visa this coming Febuary. If things go according to plan and the application is succesful we wish for the visa to begin in June as this is when I will return to the Philippines again in order to travel with Tonet to the UK. This also allows time for Tonet to complete the carer course she is doing at the moment.

I recall reading that when you apply for a fiance visa you can state when you wish for the visa to begin is this the case?

andypaul
10th September 2006, 21:45
You can state when you want to have the visa start but i have read you need to be very clear to the embassy as many have just had the visa stamped from the day it was oked.

I think there is a limit to the amount of delay that can be made.

Im sure one of the members on here might have been asking the same question a while back. I might be wrong by i think it was el johno:Erm:

Philip
2nd October 2006, 21:45
Anyone know what that time limit for the delay in starting date is?

KeithD
2nd October 2006, 22:05
Our (ex:D) friends had their visa dated from 1st Nov...although God knows why they asked for that as it's valid for months :doh , nor did they supply a reason (apart from stupidity :icon_lol: )......so yes you can, but probably no more than 2 months. Probably best to explain why though :)

Pauldo
12th October 2006, 23:34
Our (ex:D) friends had their visa dated from 1st Nov...although God knows why they asked for that as it's valid for months :doh , nor did they supply a reason (apart from stupidity :icon_lol: )......so yes you can, but probably no more than 2 months. Probably best to explain why though :)

Hi all, :Hellooo:
Haven't shown my face here for a while, been busy since we moved house. Not really had much PI related to contribute or ask either, just lurked quietly occasionally. My mum in law is still with us in the cold and wet UK, though we had a pretty 'Filipino' summer, hot and very hot mainly. My wife is still at Uni studying nursing, and the little 'un is now in her second year at school.
(Yes, that is three generations of Filipina, and me, in the house) :Rasp: :Erm:

Anyway, my wifes Filipina friends mum just landed in the UK, and she has been told that her six month tourist visa started counting down from the day it was issued in Manila, in July. Which basically means she already chewed halfway through it before she came to the UK last month, leaving her just three months left to stay in England. Sounds a bit fishy to me, but I haven't actually seen the visa myself so no factual evidence.

I was under the impression all tourist visas are 12 months anyway, unless all that has changed, like nearly everything else about the process has in the last couple of years.

KeithD
13th October 2006, 08:59
:Hellooo: Hi Paul,

The visa is like a bomb, it starts ticking from the date of issue, and visitor visas have been 6 months for a while now, so they'll probably change them today after reading this :Brick:

With all those Filipino's around you may need these (http://www.allearplugs.com/) :rolleyes:

fontain
13th October 2006, 09:58
My g/f only got issued a one month visa on the 18th Sept, with a note to contact the embassy direct in manila if she tries to extend it

The ECO didnt want to issue her one at all but due to me answering every single reason for refusal for the first one in my second sponsors letter and providing evidence to back it all up and her working her magic in the interview he gave her one month

She had a new job offer in Singapore but I dont think he believed it was genuine so only gave her a month rather than the standard six

But one month was better than nothing and its just confirmed that we are right for each other

She goes home Wednesday :bigcry: but shes not genna take the job in Singapore :cwm24: , shes genna apply for a fiancee visa and come here for good :BouncyHappy:

IainBusby
13th October 2006, 10:18
My g/f only got issued a one month visa

I thought a tourist visa if granted was automatically 6 months, I didn't know the ECO's had carte blanche to either extend or reduce the length of one.
Iain.

fontain
13th October 2006, 10:33
Apparently they can, I was sceptical at first but after checking her visa once she arrived its definately only for one month

I also run it by a immigration adviser who offers free advice on another site and she told me this is the case, and also that it may have been test to see whether she complies and goes home on time

Philip
16th October 2006, 14:30
Eek, they have too much power! :omg:

russ01539
16th October 2006, 22:44
They should spend all that time and money cracking down on illegal immigrants rather than spending much needed public funds refusing perfectly good visa applications and then having to get representation at appeal tribunals ! Just thought I'd add my sympathy.

baboyako
16th October 2006, 23:42
Eek, they have too much power! :omg:

dont worry... guy fawks night coming soon :icon_lol::icon_lol: :xxviolent:xxviolent

KeithD
17th October 2006, 09:00
The UK goverment does not, and never will negotiate with terrorists.......apart from the IRA.....UDA.....etc....oh, and we celebrate Guy Fawkes....another terrorist? :Erm:

scotsfiancee
17th October 2006, 09:05
and we celebrate Guy Fawkes....another terrorist? :Erm:

Hmmmm can't wait for the fireworks :smileybigtmouth:

KeithD
17th October 2006, 09:09
Getting closer......we can now see the outline of your head in the avatar!!! :)

Philip
17th October 2006, 20:49
Getting closer......we can now see the outline of your head in the avatar!!! :)

Thats Aberdeen beach, it used to be a popular place...

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/nescotland/images2/beach.jpg