PDA

View Full Version : Experience of application processing time? - visa for kids to come to uk...

tim365uk
2nd December 2008, 12:53
Hi all,

Does anyone have experience of the time it can take for the entry clearance to be sorted?
My g/f has just had her annulment granted and also custody of the kids - it has taken 15 months from beginning to end.
She wants to go and get the application lodged in Manila, we heard the application process takes around two weeks.....is this realistic?

I don't know what kind of document is available from the lawyer to prove annulment and custody - I read something on here about decree absolute....could someone clarify exactly what is needed please and where it comes from.

many thanks.

john sergison
2nd December 2008, 20:01
dont know about decree business, but my 11 year old stepdaughter has been here in sunny wigan since end of july.

we waited 3 months and one week for the visa to be granted. and the buggers still charge full wack for the childs visa.

good luck
john

tim365uk
2nd December 2008, 20:51
thanks John,
funnily enough my stepdaughter to be - is also 11.....has yours settled down ok?

joebloggs
3rd December 2008, 01:20
what visa is she applying for, fiancée ?

this time of year is not as busy, but i think there has been a back log- thats why people have been waiting around 10wks, but within 2wks i doubt very much :NoNo:

i would guess 6-8 wks, but it could be longer up to 13wks as John said :doh

Mrs.JMajor
3rd December 2008, 01:38
Tim usually visa for kids 3 months, If she had the finality ,the business from the lawyer is finished ,all she have to do is registered it to Local civil registrar office and they gonna forwarded it to NSO and get copy of it

tim365uk
3rd December 2008, 09:41
Thanks for replies .....
The visa type will be for her children all under 18, I think it's the dependent of a worker VAF2 form.
Mrs JMajor, thank you - I will find out about the annulment finality etc.
Does anyone know how to find the immigration status code? - I emailed the Visa people in Manila for a guide time to the application assuming success - and they asked me for this.

many thanks...

john sergison
5th December 2008, 20:42
hello tim365uk

yes no problem settling in , but we waited over two months before putting her in school so that she could get used to everything.

loves school , and now just waiting to start receiving the child benefit .

kids settle quicker than adults so dont worry about it

john