PDA

View Full Version : Re: Visa for Visit to Canada

Tiggers0608
1st December 2008, 13:15
Hi, anyone here applied for visit visa to canada?

just wondering:

what we need to do?
how long will it take to get a visa?
Is it easy for filipinos to get a visit visa to canada?
and how much will it cost?

my husband is a british citizen but me and our daughter still holds philippines passports :Erm:

:rolleyes:

darren-b
1st December 2008, 18:35
My wife applied for one about a year ago (when she only had ILR). Basically she just went to the Canadian Embassy in London at about 8 in the morning (no appointment needed). A few hours later she walked out with her visa. Seemed to remember it cost about £40 and required very little documentation (not much more than a bank statement).

andypaul
1st December 2008, 19:39
We were going to apply for one and it seemed quite easy. Glad to know it is that easy.

The candian Embassy is opposite the us embassy in Mayfair. So easy to get to.

I visited the candian embassy on business recently and have to say the people in the main embassy are very friendly and chilled (like the country) the total opposite of the Us embassy, who are nice indivuals but oh boy the security is bonkers.

Tiggers0608
3rd December 2008, 10:11
:xxgrinning--00xx3: thanks for the infos

:doh unfortunately its far from scotland lol :icon_lol:

Tiggers0608
3rd December 2008, 10:12
We were going to apply for one and it seemed quite easy. Glad to know it is that easy.

The candian Embassy is opposite the us embassy in Mayfair. So easy to get to.

I visited the candian embassy on business recently and have to say the people in the main embassy are very friendly and chilled (like the country) the total opposite of the Us embassy, who are nice indivuals but oh boy the security is bonkers.

:Erm::action-smiley-081: the guards from US embassy is always a bonkers even in the phils :icon_lol::D:Rasp:

Tiggers0608
3rd December 2008, 10:14
My wife applied for one about a year ago (when she only had ILR). Basically she just went to the Canadian Embassy in London at about 8 in the morning (no appointment needed). A few hours later she walked out with her visa. Seemed to remember it cost about £40 and required very little documentation (not much more than a bank statement).

:Erm: Ah ok when she applied she already have an ILR visa, :cwm34: i wonder if it will be easy for me as i don't have an ILR visa yet :NoNo: still on a spouse visa :rolleyes:

darren-b
3rd December 2008, 13:52
:xxgrinning--00xx3: thanks for the infos

:doh unfortunately its far from scotland lol :icon_lol:

:Erm: Ah ok when she applied she already have an ILR visa, :cwm34: i wonder if it will be easy for me as i don't have an ILR visa yet :NoNo: still on a spouse visa :rolleyes:

I don't think only having a spouse visa will necessarily be a problem.

You can apply by post, but they may want you to attend an interview. We applied in person as we didn't have much time (last minute change of plans to go across the border from the US to Canada), so couldn't tell you if they really needed to see my wife in person or not.

Tiggers0608
11th December 2008, 18:29
I don't think only having a spouse visa will necessarily be a problem.

You can apply by post, but they may want you to attend an interview. We applied in person as we didn't have much time (last minute change of plans to go across the border from the US to Canada), so couldn't tell you if they really needed to see my wife in person or not.

:rolleyes: oic, thanks so much for the info. :xxgrinning--00xx3: