PDA

View Full Version : Student visa / marriage

Candyman
30th November 2008, 22:27
Hi, does anyone know what the guide lines are about student visas? for example, is it just a case of paying the university fees then she can come here to study? What if i was married to her? could she still come here on a student visa? if she came here for 4 years on a student visa, then went home, then we got married would that make any difference??
I hope someone can clear this up for me.

Thanks Guys!

:D

joebloggs
30th November 2008, 22:34
nope to come here she needs a visa of some type, student, visitor, spouse or fiancée

if your married she will still need a settlement/spouse visa.

can she afford to pay international student fees for 4 years ?

joebloggs
30th November 2008, 22:37
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/infs/inf5students

student visa process.

http://www.intstudy.com/visauk.htm

Candyman
30th November 2008, 23:17
Well i thought i could pay the fees - if i save up ? ?

joebloggs
30th November 2008, 23:51
international fees are a lot, from £4000 to £18,000 a year.

also if she doesn't mention she is in a relationship with you, when she applies for a student visa, a future visa could be refused for not revealing the relationship, the other edge of the sword if you do mention your in a relationship with her, as her sponsor, they could refuse her a student visa, believing she is not coming to study but be with you. you could be damned if you do tell or if you don't.

Jay&Zobel
1st December 2008, 00:02
hehehe..

i like your avatar joebloggs hehe...
sometimes when someone posted and asked some questions made you think that your avatar has answered the queries already... hehhee funny! (doh! me being random again!)

joebloggs
1st December 2008, 00:13
it makes little joe laugh,

i cannot use my or little joes pic, caz if the wife finds out this is me, i be dead..

Jay&Zobel
1st December 2008, 00:25
:D:D:D

i cannot use my or little joes pic, caz if the wife finds out this is me, i be dead..

hehhe guilty as charged hhe:NEW4::behead::xxmixed-smiley-017::D:D:D:ARsurrender::ARsurrender::ARsurrender:

simplelife
1st December 2008, 00:28
:D:D:D

hehhe guilty as charged hhe:NEW4::behead::xxmixed-smiley-017::D:D:D:ARsurrender::ARsurrender::ARsurrender:

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

KeithD
1st December 2008, 10:17
Hi, does anyone know what the guide lines are about student visas? for example, is it just a case of paying the university fees then she can come here to study? What if i was married to her? could she still come here on a student visa? if she came here for 4 years on a student visa, then went home, then we got married would that make any difference??
I hope someone can clear this up for me.

Thanks Guys!

:D
If you are in a relationship ship with her, the only sensible way to go is a Fiancee Visa, and marry her here, otherwise you are treading on egg shells. Once here, she can study what she likes, but you still have to pay.

Mrs.JMajor
1st December 2008, 14:00

So what,u didn't do any wrong here:Erm:,u just advise :rolleyes:that's all :D

andypaul
1st December 2008, 20:37
So what,u didn't do any wrong here:Erm:,u just advise :rolleyes:that's all :D

My Wife knows I come here but again she thinks I could spend my time better.

Strangely our Wifes both went to the same Uni in laguna, so i think Mr admin must have upset the students there somehow:D

andypaul
1st December 2008, 20:40
I was told by some contacts that the British Council who regulate the English schools. Are doing very tough reviews of Schools and several I know of are at risk of losing there approval. Which means they can still teach but only to those who dont need a visa to be here.
Strangely the reasons they dont think Colleges are doing the right job seem a bit obscure to me but waiting for further info before mentioning any more.

Candyman
2nd December 2008, 12:19
Ok, thanks everyone :) You have cleared that up for me. I will do the right thing, :D

joebloggs
3rd December 2008, 01:10
Evidence that you have access to sufficient funds to cover the cost of your tuition fees, accommodation and living expenses. For example: evidence of a scholarship, or of support from a sponsor or family member. If you have a sponsor, it is necessary to show both a letter from them stating details of their support and evidence of their financial position and circumstances in documents such as bank statements, evidence of employment and details of assets owned. You should also show the nature of their relationship to you, and it can be helpful to demonstrate that they can continue to meet their other financial commitments whilst supporting you.

but i think Showing funds for one year of fees+accommodation+expenses should be enough most of the time, but in depends on the case worker, they might want to see 2 years worth or more :Erm:

but say your course is £4,000 for the year , the accommodation+expenses, depends on where and who you will be living with..

but i would say at least £5,000 outside London, and £7,500 in London

so your looking at having at least £9,000 of finances available .. but no one can give you an exact figure, as its depends on the uni fees and who and where your living..

:doh

ballistix
11th December 2008, 08:07
does the evidence of support from my sponsor is enough for the funds i need to show in applying visa? or its still needed for me to have my own personal bank account? tia

ballistix
12th December 2008, 06:24
anybody help :cwm34: